[Resolved!] Issue with MV resolution?

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by EthanFox, Dec 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EthanFox

EthanFox Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    EDIT: Resolved! I found that on the computer I was using to test, Windows 10 was defaulting to 125% scaling; I think it's because I was using a 1080p TV. If you have this setting turned on, all RPG Maker MV games will be at 125% their stated size (along with most other things).

To "fix" this, open up your display settings and the option is near the bottom of the page. However, you may want to not fix it, as if you have your screen set to 125% already, it's probably for a reason (text etc. can be quite small on high-res displays if you change it).

Will leave the text below in case anyone googles for this in the future.

==========================

I've recently been having some problems, and after a bit of legwork, I'm starting to think this is some kind of bug.

Issue: RPG Maker MV does not display in the specified resolution, either in stand-alone windows EXE or HTML 5 deployment.

Here are the repro steps:
    1. Create a brand new RPG maker project
    2. In this project, go to "plugins" and using the MVCommunityDefault plugin, change the resolution to 1280 x 720
    3. Load the game
    4. Once the game window is open, hit print-screen to take a screenshot of the desktop (with the RPG maker game window in the centre)
    5. Copy-paste this screenshot to Photoshop
    6. Crop the RPG Maker game window or draw a marquee selection box around it and measure the size of the game window
    7. Observe: this window is 1600 x 900 resolution, when it should be 1280 x 720
    Is this a bug? I can't seem to understand why this is happening. Changing the resolution values in MV does change the window size of the final game, but it doesn't seem to be at the expected resolution.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

As this has been solved, and is a duplicate of a query elsewhere, I am closing this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.