Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RESOLVED.

Solution: didn't cast to integers before setting the variables. If you accidentally set a game variable as a string (i.e. "100") and then try and transfer player, this quirk happens.

Hi,

In RPG maker MV I am using transfer player with three variables.

I have a startup map that is completely blank apart from an autorun event that says:

Script: initialLoad(); // this grabs some data and sets variables 1, 2, 3 to some numbers

Transfer Player: {MAP} ({XPOS},{YPOS})

Where {MAP}, {XPOS}, {YPOS} are my three game variables.

The transfer works fine and it sends the player to the right map and the right coordinates.

But then no matter where the player is placed on the map, they just stand there, with their walking animation running, unable to move. They are on passable tiles and if I start the game on that map in that location they can walk.

Any idea what could cause this?

Edit: using initialLoad(); without the player transfer works completely fine, so it is definitely the player transfer that is messing up.

Further, replacing the player transfer with a normal one, i.e. setting the position in the editor, works completely fine. It is only when done with variables.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

oh god, a new version of RPG Maker is coming soon already....
So a new RPG Maker has been teased on RPG Maker Web's Twitter. Hmm...
So in my stream for the No Travel Game Jam, I mentioned we were going to do a teaching make a game from beginning to end series of streams, but it had to wait on an announcement I couldn't make yet before I could start... Keep your eyes on our twitter tonight.
Surprise extra Text Adventure session! Feel free to drop by!
I just started parallax mapping. Better results for sure, but a lot more time consuming. It's more fun than I thought though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skelhat