slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
This sprite should not be used at all, not even in free projects. Why? I made some research a few days ago and found images that were probably used. I've contacted various artists behind them and later I've learned that the sprites weren't actually original works, they were edits and recolors from the RTP (XP) itself. So they certainly should not have been used in this manner. I guess I've learned it the hard way to not trust sources when it comes to sprites on the internet. :(
I'm a bit confused by this. So you edited works made by other artists, who in turn had edited it from the XP RTP dragon, right? So what's the problem here? I mean I won't actually use it, but as someone who owns and still uses XP, the bolded statement just confuses me. The only reason I can think of that makes sense is that you don't actual own RMXP to be allowed to use and edit the RTP. Is this correct or is there another reason? I would like some clarification about this ^^ 

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@slimmmeiske2 I was actually thinking the same thing... but I didn't say anything because I thought surely I must have this wrong.

Hazeliper

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Greetings again! I'm sorry if I sounded vague again and also sorry if I seem like I'm trying to push the blame away. (sorry is starting to become my new phrase around here)
I'm ashamed but since these images were pulled long ago, I really don't remember the materials behind them (it was created maybe 8-10 years ago).
However one thing for certain my search lead me to RPG maker XP files: 062-Aquatic04 and 099-Monster13

BUT this does not mean the sprite didn't include other materials. (materials that I can no longer verify)
I mostly used bases in the past that were labeled as "free to use and edit", this is where my confusion came from, and probably gave rise to wrong info about this set. I know I messed up with this, that's why I'm trying to correct it. It's my fault for not making sure what are the proper licenses.

It's totally possible that the sprite really just includes parts from those RTP images, but it's not confirmed. In light of these origins and what others advised me  
I really don't feel comfortable with it being used, especially not under my name. That's why I'm trying to somehow 'correct' this, and spread the word to not use them at all.

p.s: currently I have RPG maker XP and RPG maker MV on steam along with other game creator engines from non RPG maker franchise. Though compared to these the edit was born ages ago. (basically the only edit I ever made of sprites like this)

I really don't know what else to add to this topic. I wish I never made them...

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ayaveen, it's okay. You're trying to right it, people are just trying to understand.

For the record, my understanding has been: Ayaveen made it long ago with resources that were permitted to be edited, but has since forgotten which pieces it was made from and therefore cannot guarantee terms of use or credits. Therefore, Ayaveen has asked that it not be used and the new one be used instead.

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahhh. Ayaveen's post made it sound like it was just an XP rtp edit to me that is where I was confused.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Yes, I also read it like @Arcmagik. And don't feel bad @Ayaveen. We've all made mistakes before. I know I have. ^^; What's important is that we learn from them and we know you have, so don't feel bad. :)  

Hazeliper

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Greetings again!

I've decided to add this addition to the blacklist, because I can't seem to delete my wip attachments.
In case someone stumbled upon these pictures, do not use them at all. They were the first version I created after joining these forums. I was trying to stay close to the old dragon in appearance. However this was before I found out about those RTP files and how they look. I thought they are too similar, so please ignore these. I want to keep only one single version. Thank you and sorry :)

dragon_do_not_use.png

TarebearGames

Aspiring Game Maker!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh my dear word...I've just started making my own Pixel icons with tutorials and references because I am SO not dealing with stolen junk. Thanks so much!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You might check out Avery's icons - the most extensive collection of legitimate icons that I am aware of.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am shocked. I never even thought about the icons. I found lots of stuff on the internet, but couldn't find who made it and if it was ok to use. Now I have to spend the next week searching for icons and to remake my icon sheet. That's a bummer. Very sad as my sheet was at 10064 icons. I didn't need all of them and a few I make from the ones already on the sheet, but now I'm back to square one.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am shocked. I never even thought about the icons. I found lots of stuff on the internet, but couldn't find who made it and if it was ok to use. Now I have to spend the next week searching for icons and to remake my icon sheet. That's a bummer. Very sad as my sheet was at 10064 icons. I didn't need all of them and a few I make from the ones already on the sheet, but now I'm back to square one.

@Roninator2

You're welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
So, since I had to enter another discussion about that topic, again another post about Hanzo Kimura/Kaus (because we love him so much. not.) and his stolen art stuff.

To be said: Hanzo's tiles were released in later 2010 or 2011, though the original thread is down.

Mansion:

Original Credits according to Hanzo: akuzino-ihcikie, Venetia

contains mostly ripped stuff from this screen of 2009 (with a clear statement that the resources are not free to use):

http://onizzuka.deviantart.com/art/Shinra-mansion-112086087

Have a closer look at the pointy roof and the wood. Funnily Hanzo managed to get several pixel errors in his rips that aren't there in the original screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

MobileSuitSonic

Mod Magnet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Geez, I used that iconset with my old RMVX program! 0_0;
I was never going to plan to use it commercially, but still!

C-Unit Studios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow I've been using that icon set since the first week I got RPG Maker.
Thanks for letting me know

ElieTaping

Zzz... Sleep Sleep Sleep~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh gosh!!! That's a lot.

Serg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you so much! Had that icons in my prototype for personal needs some time ago :(

LagiaLugia

Dungeon designer
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By the way for the ship tileset version for RPG Maker MV what ship one do you suggest me?:x
Because these ones are for VX and Ace right?

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@LagiaLugia Please do not hi-jack a thread with an unrelated question.

I suggest you post in 'Resource Requests'.

Samanosuke

武士
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Very sorry if i'm necroposting.

As a future artist and composer, i'm in the way of understand how difficult make a simple art or music or script or whatever. That's the way i see: Isn't just the work that's important, but also the way the artist/composer/scripter do.

That's what all of plagiarists should understand, but of course that's purely utopian.

The most I've ever done is use another's work as inspiration to create my own, and even i don't know if that's ok.

I'll look forward for more answers about ripped resources and by resources stolen from artists by plagiarists.

Bring the dark lies to the light of truth :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So the overhaul on my project has been going great, I like this version of the project a lot more. It's more contained and less overly ambitious for what I can achieve given my constraints on time, money, and skills in advanced programming. I'm going to wait till my project is mostly finished to begin working UI polish again. I'm going to learn how to use LUNA MV to polish the project.
last time i used this site i was a different gender.. wow rlly makes u think... anyway transing ur gender is pretty cool and theres hair growing on my feet now 10/10
I should have listened to RPGMAKER Meme thread. I should have backed up my data. The Orphan of Time, my WIP, is completely gone, all those hours of work are completely gone :(
God what was my life before smartphones (I had a grandma's phone before wednesday)
Stream will be live shortly with The Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TEKILAO