Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
alright, not sure if there is a specific way you guys want me to format a request here, I'll change it up if you want me to.

anyway, I am in need of a resource collection type of plugin, I can't find one that works the way I need it to for either MZ or MV, I am using FOSSIL in my project so MV some MV plugins work as well.

I have done exactly what I want it to do through events but its about 6 pages and 5 switches for each resource, so making a collection spot like a tree to chop down take an hour just to make one, and it not exactly a copy/paste kinda system. So I'm hoping I can find someone to take this on. Since I can't find another plugin like this, maybe it just might be something others are looking for as well.

So here are a few videos of what I have going on.

Thank you to anyone who decides to take this on, and you will be in my credits for sure.

1-1.png
1-2.png
1-3.png
1-4.png
1-5.png
2-1.png2-2.png2-3.png2-4.png2-5.png
3-1.png3-2.png3-3.png3-4.png3-5.png
4-1.png4-2.png4-3.png4-4.png4-5.png
5-1.png5-2.png5-3.png5-4.png5-5.png5-6.png5-7.png5-8.png5-9.png
6-1.png

Edited to show the 6 pages of events for Chopping down a tree. (each tree would require changing every switch for each page including for each direction facing)

Last edited:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
alright, not sure if there is a specific way you guys want me to format a request here, I'll change it up if you want me to.

anyway, I am in need of a resource collection type of plugin, I can't find one that works the way I need it to for either MZ or MV, I am using FOSSIL in my project so MV some MV plugins work as well.

I have done exactly what I want it to do through events but its about 6 pages and 5 switches for each resource, so making a collection spot like a tree to chop down take an hour just to make one, and it not exactly a copy/paste kinda system. So I'm hoping I can find someone to take this on. Since I can't find another plugin like this, maybe it just might be something others are looking for as well.

So here are a few videos of what I have going on.

Thank you to anyone who decides to take this on, and you will be in my credits for sure.
Hi there!
I think the video is too bright(that showing the events) and I'm not being able to see it properly.
If you could copy-paste each event page here it can help you more, by helping other people to understand it.
Something like this:

The images of page 1

The images of page 2

etc...

Or even, provide a sample project with the system work(More trouble for you, but for sure more helpful to others).

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Hi there!
I think the video is too bright(that showing the events) and I'm not being able to see it properly.
If you could copy-paste each event page here it can help you more, by helping other people to understand it.
Something like this:

The images of page 1
The images of page 2
etc...

Or even, provide a sample project with the system work(More trouble for you, but for sure more helpful to others).
Hey, thanks for the suggestion, i dont see anything wrong with the videos, after they have a second they scale up to 1080p, But either way, in case anyone else has the same issue, i decided to take a lot of screenshots. 5 for pages 1-4 and page 5 has 9, page 6 has 1.
I only did these for the Chopping Tree event, otherwise it would just be overloaded. The mining is similar anyway, and same with honey and the berry picking. This one is the most complicated just because i made it animated and actually chop and fall.

So please check the first post for the event pictures.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ok!
I had taken a quick look, I already have some ideas that you can use to reduce the event page size.
I believe that instead of a plugin to do the whole event, you can use a combination to optimize your event.

1 - Reduce the page indentation
1626757250026.png
You don't need to use that, since the event is already set as a trigger to action button. Removing that, you have one indent less, and that already improves your event page readability.
If you are afraid of the player hit the button too fast between the event change pages, you can put a wait of 5 frames at the end of the page.

2 - Reduce the use of switches
Another one is that you seem to have an individual switch to control each page of the event. That will give you some pain in the long run...
It's better if you replace that with the Self Switches.
But since the Self Switches are only 4(A, B, C, D), you can use my plugin Eli Self Switches to extend it to more. So all your events will have their own self switches.

3 - Player directional conditions with common events
I see that some pages have conditional checking for player direction. Then, for each direction, you execute a block of code. As I can see the only variation of these blocks of codes, is the move route command for the player and the event.
So, you can try to replace all these conditions with common events. Either by putting all of that into a common event, or making a common event for each condition(player direction).
Because the "This Event" in the movement route, will always get the event where the common event is executed.
Using that, you will avoid repeating a lot of these codes:
1626757935257.png
Since it seems that the only variation, is on the move routes. And that is what is letting your event so big.

That is all I can think of now. Instead of thinking about all your events, first, try to optimize this one reducing the event pages length. Then after that, we can find the other variations that will need to be changed from event to event. Then we can see the need for a custom plugin.

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
This was incredibly helpful, I didn't think about the fact that it was already set to action button, so there was no need for the when ok is pressed condition, reduced it there, then I took each facing direction and made a separate common event for each direction for each event page, so like 20 common events.
Then changed switches to self switches, of course using you're amazing plugin, definitely a life saver.
So each page is just a check for direction and then call common event and self switch. very simple looking and best of all, I CAN COPY AND PASTE THE EVENT as many times as I want and they all work separately.

here are a couple screenshot of the event, each common event is pretty much the same, and each page is pretty much the same, numbers change but thats about it. Page 5 did have to stay the same on the event though, calling the common event wouldn't play the tree falling animation correctly, but still with the self switches, it works great.
Let me know if you see anything or think of anything else to simplify this any more. I think the only way to get it any more simple is a plugin, but it may not even be needed anymore.
common events.pngpage1.pngpage 2.png

EDIT - Alright, I do have one small problem and I'm not really sure how to do this using self switches.
all of the resources that you can gather using this method need a way to respawn after some time (Sleeping at an inn or using Mog-Time System). How do I change a self switch of another event, and even if there is a way to change other event's self switches, I would have to have an event that changes about 100 or more self switches.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!

I CAN COPY AND PASTE THE EVENT
- That is the spirit! :biggrin:

Maybe I didn't understand it very well, but 20 common events is a lot o_O
But if you feel that is helping you, it is organized, and your system works, so it's fine!

Still, you can improve page 2, since regardless of what direction the player is, the self switches will always be turned off/on. So you don't need to repeat them on each condition. You can take this kind of approach:
1626812113834.png

How do I change a self switch of another event, and even if there is a way to change other event's self switches, I would have to have an event that changes about 100 or more self switches.
Any suggestions?
About that, you can use plugin commands to turn the self switches on/off:
1626812441271.png
You can even turn on/off the switches of multiple events at the same time, separate each of their id's with a comma.
So after the player sleeps in the in, you can call a event to reset the self switches.
I don't know how mog system works, but you can call that same event whenever the time passes.
Still, I will implement a way for you to be able to turn not only one self switches for a lot of events, but also, a lot of self switches for a lot of events too. I let you know when I 've done it.

Attachments

• 1626809438363.png
    1626809438363.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 0

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Still, you can improve page 2, since regardless of what direction the player is, the self switches will always be turned off/on. So you don't need to repeat them on each condition. You can take this kind of approach:
1626812113834.png
I actually didn't know you could do this, i thought that after the common event call the event would end, didn't know that it would continue like that. Love it.

About that, you can use plugin commands to turn the self switches on/off:
1626812441271.png

You can even turn on/off the switches of multiple events at the same time, separate each of their id's with a comma.
So after the player sleeps in the in, you can call a event to reset the self switches.
I don't know how mog system works, but you can call that same event whenever the time passes.
Still, I will implement a way for you to be able to turn not only one self switches for a lot of events, but also, a lot of self switches for a lot of events too. I let you know when I 've done it.
This is also great to know, your plugin definitely helps alot.
I look forward to your update.

On top of all that, I actually have another question for you.
So I am eventing a farming system into my game as well, and each event needs to use a different self switch for each of the different crop. With your plugin I am able to make way more than 4 crops using the A-D self switches, but is there a limit to your plugin? Can I only go up to Z, or does the letter even matter, like can I make a self switch 1,2,3 instead of letters?

EDIT - Nevermind, a little bit of testing it and yes, I can use numbers or even whatever label I want to give it. This is perfect, Thank you.

Last edited:

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Any luck with this?
I'm not rushing you or anything, just excited to try it out. take your time.

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Hey Eli, I have a huge problem and I'm not sure what to do about it.

Your self switch plugin just decided to stop working, I havent dont much testing with it since you updated it, should have, but didnt.
I turned off every plugin I have except the eli book and self switches, and they just freeze the game. No error codes or anything. I can take a video of it if you would like.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey Eli, I have a huge problem and I'm not sure what to do about it.

Your self switch plugin just decided to stop working, I havent dont much testing with it since you updated it, should have, but didnt.
I turned off every plugin I have except the eli book and self switches, and they just freeze the game. No error codes or anything. I can take a video of it if you would like.
That is strange. You are sure that is not an autorun event on the map?
Where did the game freeze? On the map? On the title screen?
Would be nice if you can make a sample project and replicate the issue. Just a tiny project.
Then you can pass it through google drive/ dropbox etc...

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Alright, I removed everything, was kinda worried that maybe I did something wrong still, but it's still happening with nothing in the project.
Here's a screen shot to kinda explain whats going on here, the farming is pretty complicated, but I also set up some trees to chop down and a couple ores to mine. After 5 hits of either the tree or the iron ore, the tree should fall and end up as a stump, and the ore should just loose its sparkle.
Each of the 4 farm spots has a progress bar above it as a seperate event, I changed the time it takes to grow anything to 250 frames, so the bar wont work, thats not an issue, but each farm spot is connected to another event way on the right and a common event.
screen.png

Talk to the lady to get seeds, the first 4 seeds are connected to self switches ABCD, then they use your self switch plugin.
Page 6 of the trees and ores are using your self switch plugin as well.

Let me know if you have any issues figuring it out, Thanks again!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Aidensmercy I'm sorry, but I don't have the time to test all your events and see all of them. :(

You told me that my plugin can be the cause of your game freezing. And that is the only thing that I searched for in your project.
I disable all the plugins, create a new map, and tested the functionality using the self switches you made:
"SS: 1"

And I manage to set it on/off and it worked fine on the event.

So the cause for your game freezing is probably in your events logic.

Make sure you don't have an autorun event or any loop command in your events that are running infinitely.
Also, check the "skip if cannot move" box on the move routes.

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english

@Eliaquim

No Problem, I knew it was alot.

I think I found the problem though, I did what you did, made a new map, and removed the other couple plugins so it was just yours, and i made a chest using the quick creation thing right clicking, and i just removed the self switch A and did a plugin command with your plugin.

Here's what I got, the game doesnt freeze, so that must have been part of my event, but its almost like the switch turns itself back off right away. the page with the self switch Z on shows the chest open, but i can still keep clicking it and getting the 10G from it.
s1.pngs2.pngs3.pngs4.png

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Aidensmercy Thanks for the extra info! I found the problem!
You are using the EliMZ_Book version 3.3.0. You must update it for the most recent one 3.3.2.
Download it here: and replace it in your project

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
@Aidensmercy Thanks for the extra info! I found the problem!
You are using the EliMZ_Book version 3.3.0. You must update it for the most recent one 3.3.2.
Download it here: and replace it in your project
Well now I feel pretty dumb.. One simple thing and now everything works perfectly..
Thanks for your help
..and patience

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well... it's been a while since I was last here :kaoswt: I don't want to say I'm officially 'back' yet, but I've recently started working with RM again, so I might become active here again :kaohi:
Mmmm I love Coca Cola candy! :kaoluv:
aaaand my power is out. I sometimes think that I'm cursed.
A surprising number of plugins have appeared for MZ since last year. I'm currently making a "shopping list" so that I'll know what I need to test when I switch over to MZ later this year. Much of it is stuff updated from MV plugins, but there are also a good number of new things. It'll be fun to test it all out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damedollasign