Resource missing from MV?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by LinBE, Oct 26, 2015.

1. LinBE

LinBE Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I found out that not all the actors have the SV image by default. (I already re-validate my MV, I should have everything original)

In the folder of \steamapps\common\RPG Maker MV\NewData\img\sv_actors, base on the naming convention, Actor3_1 to Actor3_4 should be there, but unfortunately not. Is it a simple mistake or there is a reason behind it? 

For me, I am just using MV to make my own story. I am not an artist to create all the resources by myself. All these official free resource are important to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
  2. Zalerinian

Zalerinian Jack of all Errors Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Please check the DLC folder in your steam install directory. Some content was moved to the DLC folder to reduce the filesize of new projects.

3. LinBE

LinBE Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Already checked. Not found in anywhere.

BTW, it seems there are quite a lot things missing in the initial distribution. I can tolerate bugs, since they only show up when people actually use it. If it is indeed another "mistake", it is a very disappointing! Because all of them should be avoided by doubling checking!!

4. Seriel

Seriel Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Do you have the trial? I know the trial doesn't have all of the default resources.

5. LinBE

LinBE Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    No. I have preorder from website. But I am using the steam version. I think there is no doubt they are missing ( you can do 5s searching on your PC). The problem now is why? 

6. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Some of them have no battlers. The Actor 3 set in particular doesn't have a 'full set'

This is intentional by KDKW.

7. LinBE

LinBE Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Glad to know it is foreseen. But it is not really convincing.

The ones, which don't have full set, they are actually named under convention like "People1" (just insignificant). But those missing SV imgs are categorized as "Actors".  "Actors" are made without SV "intentionally", which doesn't use the key feature of MV? As a starter, I don't see the benefits. It did bug me for a while (checking my file/installations). I think it may bug others as well.

8. zeth07

zeth07 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Why would it be intentional unless they're trying to sell more of those things separately? Which in that case is a horrible practice, since we paid for a product that clearly has a "full set" of resources of the same characters in a given set so it makes NO SENSE. Like Actor1_7 has an Enemy sprite yet Actor1_8 in the same set does not. And Actor1_3 has a "full set", so what is the deciding factor? Why NOT have each of them with a "full set"?

9. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I don't know. I asked the same. I guess they were focusing on SciFi's creation at that time as well.

I'm just as disappointed as you guys. I wanted the Valkyrie.

Seriel and Yanfly like this.
  10. LinBE

LinBE Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Not blame anyone. But someone should take actions right? Could you do something? For instance, you can set up a poll, then you can talk to your boss.

"see, told you so. People want the fullset. If there is not a good reason (busy is not a reason for people actually paying for it), we should make it!!!"

11. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I think they'll make it after MV is bug free, I think. No guarantees. Believe me, I try as much as possible to push for things and help out but the RM team is quite small (one programmer, limited artists). I don't know about KDKW's plans are as of yet but I'll be guessing they are going to be busy fixing all the bugs we have in line just waiting.

12. LinBE

LinBE Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Thanks! Looking forward to it! As long as it is on the table with the time plan.