P-Plum

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I purchased RPG Maker XP a while ago and had no issues. However, I bought a new computer and downloaded it on the new one only to receive this when I enter my product code and email address:

60e28e70cc.png

How do I fix this? I would really like to get back in.
Thanks.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have a firewall, and could it be blocking XP?

I wonder if the "Offline Manual Unlock" in the lower left corner has anything to do with it. Where did you purchase it originally?

Also, what is "a while ago"? RMXP has been through several distributors, and if "a while" is "several years" your activation code may not work with Degica's servers - in that case you'll need to submit a support ticket and ask them to generate a new activation code for you.

P-Plum

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Thanks for the reply, sorry that I didn't reply sooner.

"Do you have a firewall, and could it be blocking XP?"
No firewall, so it can't be that.

"I wonder if the "Offline Manual Unlock" in the lower left corner has anything to do with it. Where did you purchase it originally?"
I purchased it on the RPG Maker website - specifically http://www.rpgmakerweb.com.

"Also, what is 'a while ago'?"
I bought it on 2017-03-13.

MAXJOE123

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
hey P-Plum,
Was the problem ever fixed for you. I email technician support about the same issue and about manual unlocking the software for me but have not heard anything from them seen. I was wondering if you may have found a solution by now or if you are still having that problem.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MAXJOE123 when did you send a ticket? the official business support only works during business hours, and they usually answer withing three business days - but sometimes ticket get lost depending on where and how you send it.

MAXJOE123

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
I sent in one ticket about 6 days ago, when I bought the software, about the online activation and then I sent in another ticket two days ago about the manual unlocking. I sent both in through the technical support link (https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/support/contact-us/tech). Under installation help.
I am a little concerned about the product key because the email I received show the product number is the same as my order number. I don't know if it is suppose to be the same or not.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know for RMXP, but for Ace the order number is definately the product key, so it wouldn't surprice me if it is the same for RMXP.
I'll ping someone about tech support.

MAXJOE123

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
Yes I think I can do that. I have started "new conversation" with you title called "RMXP can't activate". Thank you both for your help
----------------------------------------------------
UPDATE
My problem was fixed by changing TLS 1.0 off and turning on TLS 1.2 on. I hope this will help anyone else that may have this problem

Thanks to Lunarea and Andra for their help with this issue.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

This is Ralph from VX!
index.php

Always be consistent with your project.
Making backups regularly is good for the soul.
The worst text you can get from a friend "You left your webcam on!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ein1_1