Resource Pack Interest Poll

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by JosephSeraph, May 20, 2016.

?

Which of the following packs interest you?

1. Sideview Monster Pack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Frontview Monster Pack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bust / Faceset pack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other assets by you (which?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. None of the above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JosephSeraph

JosephSeraph White Mage Restaff

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Hi there! I'm Jo, you might know me from the free resources I've been shelling out for the community, or my game Resonate. I'm interested in developing commercial packs for you guys!

I have quite a bit of experience and have made tons of free assets through the years, and I'm ready to make my first step into commercial endeavour. So I'd like to ask your interest and opinion!

Do these resources interest you?

Sideview Monster Pack

[​IMG]

These are monsters done in sideview perspective, akin to the Final Fantasy series (or Romancing SaGa 1-2-3 etc, or RMMV / RM2k3 default) in my style.

These are a few of the monsters that could go on the pack(s), with theme swaps for each monster (the siren for example could have a red palette swap with devil wings instead)

(several of these were formatted for 2k3 and released for free here.)

Frontview Monster Pack

[​IMG]

Pretty much the same, except the monsters are facing the player like RMVXA, XP, 2k, RMMV or the Dragon Quest series.

(Also the art in this sample is a tad older; from 2014. These resources are publicly available together with music, tiles, characters and portraits here, just download and use what you want!)

Bust/Faceset Pack

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A pack with several heroes, villains and/or NPCs with different expressions! I love drawing characters and different expressions, and this would be one fun pack to draw!

They would all come with several different expressions, and PSDs / isolated expression files so you can make your own!

These are available on my resource blog.

So that's about it. Are these exciting? Do you like them? Any suggestions of things you'd like to see in my style?

Thank you!

And mods, I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place. Feel free to move the thread around or lock/delete it.

2. Nirwanda

Nirwanda Procrastimancer Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well since I'm using the front view battles I'll be most interesed in the battlers, but honestly, I would choose all of them if I could they're very good and neat looking. Good luck with going commercial, Joseph!

JosephSeraph likes this.
  3. BCj

BCj Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I like your monsters :D  

JosephSeraph likes this.
  4. unity

unity Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I absolutely love your work, Jo! :DDDDD 

The busts are what I like best, but it was hard to choose, since the monsters are just wonderful ^_____^

JosephSeraph likes this.
  5. JosephSeraph

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Thank you guyssss! <3

I'm gonna work my best to make the packs as awesoe, easy to use and flexible as possible! <3  :D

6. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I really like the look of the sideview enemies and the busts\faces. My only concern would be not being able to have my own characters in your style. :p

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
    JosephSeraph likes this.
  7. Rukomura

Rukomura Lurker Member

First Language:
    Italian
    I'd totally like to have some of those Sideview Monsters! They're beautiful! *^* Will they be static? (Well, certainly animating them is so much work, but I'm curious)

JosephSeraph likes this.
  8. JosephSeraph

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Thanks guys <33

@The Stranger, If you want to have your own characters in my style, you could either comission me or edit the sprites! Or try to follow my style in your own way! C:

@Rukomura they will be static yesh, just like Final Fantasy / Romancing SaGa --; animating sprites in such a detailed style would be extremely expensive and time consuming. But I could consider doing poses for them! Not, however, in the first pack.

Another thing that could be awesome but I can't make at first would be monsters that moved kind of like in Final Fantasy: Record Keeper

But to do that I'd both have to learn how to do that sort of animation, have someone develop a plugin to allow that and have a lot of free time (read: monies) in my hand, because its a lot of work and i'd take an eternity on it XD

Anyhow; short answer: Right now I can only make static monsters.

9. Rukomura

Rukomura Lurker Member

First Language:
    Italian
    I completely understand that! As an artist myself it is time consuming making animations (and understanding how to do them properly) so It's totally fine!

For the Record Keeper effect (that I rather like even the game itself :'D) one can use Yanfly's sideview animated enemies that lets the user do the very exact thing!

10. JosephSeraph

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Actually, it's a tad more complicated than what Yanfly's script allows -- this is modular animation, and in both Record Keeper and Odin Sphere (the same technique) cases, the sprites are dissected in body parts, which are then animated separately and have various stances. It would require a complex plugin to make, extremely intense hours of dedication, and a pretty fantastic result if I could do it xD

but yay! I'm glad you like it :D