Rules Resource Pack Licensing and Use

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by Lunarea, Jan 17, 2015.

1. IGotAQuestion

IGotAQuestion Warper Member

The Non-RM section of the Products page no longer exists.

I have seen a few RPG Maker graphic products on Humble Bundle.

According to Humble Bundle (https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/206156508), the DLC graphic packs can be used in engines other than RPG Maker.

If I buy the same product on rpgmakerweb directly, can I still use it on engines other than RPG Maker?

It is unclear what graphic products can and can't be used on engines other than RPG Maker now that the Non-RM section no longer exists.

Marquise* likes this.
  2. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I think they moved all the Non-RM stuff over here: https://gamedevfort.com/

The stuff sold on this site is RM only unless otherwise stated.  So in general, no, you can't use them in other engines.

3. Skurge

Skurge " (GASP) What's going on!? " Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi, I'm fairly gifted in pixel art-been at it for i think 8 years maybe now? I can't quite remember haha. But my question is I'm looking to make a few dosh providing entirely custom sprite materials.

If I make a bundle and a set price, what procedures should I take? And how do you see up an account or where to complete transactions?

Right now I'm just working on the odd project here and there and in the meantime I've been struggling to find decent work where I live, so I'm very interested to find out more.

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  5. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    We also have a Classifieds - Offers forum if you'd like to work on a commission basis.

6. Skurge

Skurge " (GASP) What's going on!? " Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You need permission from Enterbrain to even just have your own custom made stuff assorted for use inside the RPG Maker engine? There is so much I still unsure where to go to avoid those kind of infringements. I mean I could go on commissions to a private buyer? Or is that not right?

7. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You do not need Enterbrain's permission to have your own custom made resources.

Yes, you can commission privately.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2015
    Zabu likes this.
  8. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No, you don't need Enterbrains permission to sell your artwork on your own website.
    What I referred to is that you need Degica's permission to sell artwork on this site, because this forum is the official Forum owned by Degica. You can only use this forum as long as you follow the rules that Degica has set for it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2015
    Zabu likes this.
  9. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Someone send me the Bundle Stars link today of a huge RPGMaker Vx Ace Bundle with DLCs abd Game Guru in there;

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/game-makers-mega-bundle/?utm_source=giveahttp://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/game-makers-mega-bundle/

But because I was curious of the catch I went to the shopping cart page and read;

"Important Notice

All products are for non-commercial use only and resale is strictly prohibited."

Now I can understand the resale strictly prohibited over the ownership of those items... (Altought I guess parts we have may be gifted if we have it like for the 4th time!)

But the All products are for non-commercial use only??? Woah! There's goes down the drain many indie makers expectations. Hope it manages with your rules in here if your products are sold there with that in their cart/shopping page.