[Resource Pack Preview] Memories Resource Pack Series (Choose your favourite)

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by Jonnie91, Jul 24, 2015.

?

Which Memories Pack would you like to see next?

1. Jungle Memories - African Music

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. Oversea Stories/Pirate Memoirs - Pirates and small island themes

10 vote(s)
    34.5%
  3. Oriental Memories - Japan, China and more Oriental themes

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  4. French Memories -

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  5. Other - Please tell me below!

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. Jonnie91

Jonnie91 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Memories Resource Packs 

I've got a series of resource packs that I'm currently working on, and I'd love to get you all to give your feedback on what you'd like to see first! 

[​IMG]

Progress: 100% 

Release Date: Out Now

[SIZE=11pt]Egyptian Memories brings you six tracks inspired by sounds from the Middle East taking haunting sounds of an Egyptian Tomb to the hustle and bustle of the local Bazaar . These Royalty Free tracks are available to use in any RPG Maker Engine and have been provided with OGG, MP3 and WAV files. [/SIZE]

Member Plus Preview

Oversea Stories/Pirate Memoirs

Progress: 25%

Release Date: Coming Soon

This next resource pack, is going to be a Pirate pack. This piece will contain a great selection of sea shanties, and other tracks inspired by living a pirate's life! Alongside the traditional themes, I'm also going to be including some small underwater themes, and sound effects which will be added every few months!

Track Concept (The First idea I came up with for this resource pack :D

Oriental Memories

Progress: 25%

Release Date: Coming Soon

Oriental tracks have to be the favourite area of the world to compose for. I adore the culture of the Orient and the music is just one aspect I can't get enough of! 

Demo Coming Soon

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2016
    Shinma, Zeriab, felsenstern and 6 others like this.
  2. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    They sound very good. Peace in Egypt so far is my favourite of the two. The Pyramid's second part of the song is definitely the strongest. The first part doesn't really sound "Egyptian" and is generally very quiet or at least that's what it sounds like to me. Perhaps it might be better to shorten the first part, so the player can hear the more exciting secon part sooner?

As for suggestions, maybe a Nile and a Bazaar theme? And if you do battle tracks, a mummy theme? I also have no idea what that would sound like, just writing down what comes to my mind atm ^^;

Jonnie91 likes this.
  3. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Wow! Now I want to make an Arabian-themed game! Nice job!

I'll second slimm's suggestion for a Bazaar-style theme. A track for wandering through a hot desert in search of an oasis would be good too.

Jonnie91 and slimmmeiske2 like this.
  4. Jonnie91

Jonnie91 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks for the feedback and the ideas slim, I am indeed planning on adding at least one battle track in this pack, I'll shorten up the first section of the track, so that we can get to the more upbeat and "dungeon-esque" section. 

Two votes for a Bazaar-styled theme, that'll be in the pack for definite! 

if anyone else has any other ideas, even if this isn't going to be a pack you find useful, any ideas on what I could add is very helpful.

Also, any ideas for future "memories" is there anywhere in the world you think I should visit and compose music for? I've got some great ideas, but I'd love to hear others! 

slimmmeiske2 likes this.
  5. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I also had the idea (but apparantely forgot to write it down, lol) for a palace theme. It can be connected to the Nile. (I just keep seeing the palace from The Prince of Egypt movie in front of me the whole time.)
    As for future memories, maybe you can try to do a country of each continent? Or not :p Anyway, some ideas for countries to "visit": Japan, China, India, Italy, Austria, Australia, Brazil, South-Africa.

Jonnie91 likes this.
  6. Jonnie91

Jonnie91 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I freaking adore The Prince of Egypt, that soundtrack is just beautiful! I'll definitely create an Egyptian Palace theme :) Thank you again!

These are all fantastic ideas on new memories. I'll have to get the list together and get it up so that others can choose which they'd prefer in which order :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
  7. Orsalak

Orsalak The Blissfully Ignorant Veteran

First Language:
    English
    That first track reminded me of belly dancer music.  I know several belly dancers who would probably really like that piece.  Very cool stuff!

I'm reminded a little of Indiana Jones when he was in Egypt.  I'm not sure that I have any good suggestions beyond the bazaar and palace that were already mentioned, but I would consider watching that one and maybe Temple of Doom for some atmosphere idea that might get the juices flowing.

Speaking of Indiana Jones, how about a jungle theme, lost temple, etc. for a future pack?  Might be a little different, I don't recall seeing one in the store.  Maybe old timey detective/noir as another idea.

Jonnie91 likes this.
  8. Jonnie91

Jonnie91 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'll check them both out, it's been a very long time since I last watched Indiana Jones. I've also been watching The Mummy Series for more ideas, I love that soundtrack too.

Awesome, I'll see if I can get some Jungle Memories, it is one of the future ideas I had. I was also planning a little bit of a pirates theme too :D  

I am an avid Jazz fan, so i could definately bring up some detective noir music to do something a little bit outside of the norm, if there's enough want for it :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015
    slimmmeiske2 likes this.
  9. The Florana Princess

The Florana Princess The royal fluffy bunny butt Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I love Peace in Egypt! The only problem for me is how tinny the melody line sounds, but I think that is just my personal preference. I'd probably lower the melody line an octave lower. What do you think?

The pyramid: can't fault it at all. It's a perfect track for dungeon-eque pyramids, and I love how it falters and changes every now and then :D

Jonnie91 likes this.
  10. Jonnie91

Jonnie91 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks for that feedback, i'll see if I can cut some of the higher frequencies to reduce the tinny sound. :) failing that, I might see what it sounded link on a lower octave. Thanks for your feedback! :)  

Really glad you enjoyed The Pyramid. Really enjoyed composing this one! :)  

The Florana Princess likes this.
  11. Jonnie91

Jonnie91 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    By popular demand I've composed a little Bazaar theme.

Your thought and opinions on them are incredibly welcome! (especially those who requested a Bazaar styled theme). 

I've got one more track in the pipeline, that's just being finalized now, and then it'll be sent off for release!

slimmmeiske2 likes this.
  12. Orsalak

First Language:
    English
    Very nice, I liked the voices toward the end :) .

13. GolfHacker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ditto! That definitely sounded like what I might hear while I was walking through a bazaar. I could totally picture rug dealers, street merchants, and lots of loud haggling going on in the background with it. It doesn't sound like it loops, which would be a nice feature to have, but still - well done! This is shaping up to be a really nice music pack!

14. Jonnie91

Jonnie91 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank you, :) I wanted to add in a vocal library I hadn't used in a while, and when I added her in, it just completely finished off the piece! 

Thank you very much, i am debating creating some BGS to go with this piece in particular with some street merchants and other related sounds, similar to the soundscape commissions I've created in the past. to give a full experience. Still debating on the usefulness of that, so if you think it'll be good let me know!

The file I uploaded to soundcloud won't loop, however the track itself will have a loop point after the vocal section, that'll return to just after the tracks start. (tried to explain it the best I could, but you'll hear it when the pack is release ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2015
    slimmmeiske2 likes this.
  15. GolfHacker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I think an ambient loop for BGS would be very useful! And if it were generic enough, it could be used outside of the Egyptian theme too (anywhere there is a bazaar or a busy marketplace).

By the way, I didn't know you did soundscapes. I'll have to keep you in mind for some future work for my game. I love that tavern BGS you linked to. You wouldn't happen to have a version without the piano, would you?

16. Jonnie91

Jonnie91 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I do indeed do soundscapes, they're not requested as often as BGM but I do offer them up as commissions. Sadly, that one I linked to was a commission for AlliedG, but I could create more, if there is desire for it (if you'd like a custom one for you feel free to send me a PM for more details).

17. Jonnie91

Jonnie91 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    So the pack has just been sent off to Degica. It was a little more delayed than originally planned, but hopefully you guys will enjoy the pack when it is released! 

My next question to you, is what you guys wanna see next... I've made a poll and I'd love to know which you'd like to see next. If your choice isn't there, then please let me know! I am more than happy to bring something in to help with it! :)  

18. Orsalak

First Language:
    English
    Awesome!  How long does it usually take once it's sent to Degica before it makes it to the store?

19. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Before voting, just a question of clarification

"French memories"  What makes music 'French'?  I thought of the use of accordion, but that seems very restricted, and maybe not particularly French.  So...?

20. Jonnie91

Jonnie91 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    French Memories, would include things like the accordion, but also I'd not restrict it to just the accordion instruments, I could include things like ballroom dances, such as waltzes (although not strictly just french, it's often considered in a similar vein) There are also many other things that I could create that would have a similar feel to France but not strictly sticking to their instruments more inspired by the towns :)