Resources for Non-Commercial and Commercial Use

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Anyone know if Hypersnake and Benben tiles can be used for commercial?  It's hard to find the tiles yet alone the terms.  They both have deviantart accounts but I can't exactly get ahold of them.
I sent a note to hypersnake via DeviantArt and he said commercial use is no prob.

Remember, for commercial purposes, one can only give permission to what one actually owns, right?

Here is the text:

Yep no problem ----------kdeblet said the following:www.forum-lepalaisdumaking.com…Someone is asking if your materials which are posted on this link are available for commercial use.They look like XP tiles.Thanks for sharing your great stuff.GrannyFWIW BenBen has been unreachable for some time to my knowledge.I am not sure BenBen (of RPG Maker fame) has a Deviant Art account.

He is French, I think, and BenBen is also an anime character, so others use the same name.....

If you have found a deviantArt account with his trees and he has posted the XP tilesets he used to post, please let me know. I'd love to have contact info!

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric Matyas

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Please add my site under music

soundimage.org

Thanks,

Eric

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Eric Matyas

Except your music is not free for commercial use, there is a fee (albeit a small one).

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Eric Matyas

Except your music is not free for commercial use, there is a fee (albeit a small one).
the thread isn't really about free stuff

"This post will help everyone gather resources that are either available for both non-commercial and commercial OR have very specific prices set (as in Victor Sants scripts)."

and if you do take a look at the list, there are a lot of listed materials that aren't exactly free for commercial use

@OP - maybe my art thread is possible to be added? http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/6142-adiktuz-art-04162014/

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Tsukitsune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does that mean that they are free to use or that you have to ask them each time for their permission?
I can't confirm but I'm sure they wouldn't mind.  However I'd contact them both and ask so you can get permission for yourself and have some sort of "proof".  Best thing if you're using it for commercial purposes.

They're both active on their deviantarts so it shouldn't be too long to get a response.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm thinking of using some of Benben's tiles. Even if I don't know if I'll take the commercial road someday, I prefer to be safe now than sorry later ;)

And I can even ask directly in french :)

wintersrain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the resources! 

:)

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys! I apologize for the lack of updates on this. I have gone through and added some more links today, and will be spending the next few days adding more. I will also be double checking that all of the current links are still accurate.

If you see your work linked here and no longer wish it to be, or if you would like something linked from here that is not already, please let me know.

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well dang. I did a pretty big update, but apparently my web browser crashed out and didn't save it. For those of you that I posted that you were added to this thread and you don't see your resources, that would be why. I will update again soon, and your resources will be added again then.

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Added, Nio. Thanks for letting me know!

Revival

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for adding me into your lists!
I think what you and Granny do is quite awesome, logging the resource topics and categories!  There are gems out there that never get seen without them being listed.  
Any venue to bring people in is a good one!  
Thank you and look forward to adding more resources to the community as time passes. 

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
Apoc's facesets doesn't have downloadable link anymore~~

other than that, this is a pretty helpful directory ~!

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Does that mean that they are free to use or that you have to ask them each time for their permission?
As you can see here (#8, still working on that point because it is so much stuff and the original sources are mostly gone, sadly) the BenBen/Kaliban-Tiles which are also the base for the Hypersnake and Hanzo-Kimura-Tiles shouldn't be used at all. PandaMaru and I are currently looking through the "original" Kaliban sets and there is stuff from Studio Pickle, Tana, ccoa, maybe Venetia and for sure Rips of Metroid and Neophyte.

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will go through this week and next to make sure all resources listed are still up-to-date, and likely add a few more.

If anyone knows off-hand of anything incorrect, please let me know.

Reactions: Kes

Jatopian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The "Timmah's" link under Animations seems to be dead. I think it should point here now?

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @Jatopian , thanks for the update. I have been away from the forums for a bit so I got behind on keeping things updated.

I have updated the original post so that all links are either updated or removed if they were not working. This leads to a reduction in resources. If anyone would like to have their resources showcased here, or have a suggestion of resources to showcase here, please leave a post.

Thank you and enjoy!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Karen: Hi, I have a condition that prevents me from wearing a mask. :)

Employee: Can you tell me what it is?

Karen: >:(
Feeling a little overwhelmed... There are so many things to do.
- Building a simple website for portfolio
- Setup *******
- Manage social media
There are so many things inside of these tasks :(
Meet the cute little ghost, FhooFhoo. :kaopride:
If anyone here is looking for another high-potential RPGMaker game--besides She Dreams Elsewhere--be sure to follow Lawmage Academy. Good social media presence will take that game far.
Lol, I was about to write a small tutorial and realized it would belong to the MZ section ....that does not exist yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bektos