What kind of style resources would you prefer to see?

• Medieval / Fantasy

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Sci-Fi

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Steampunk

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Modern days

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Wild West

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Other...

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dutchmountain

Engineering the impossible
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As I like spending time editing and making resources for RPGMaker MV at times, I was wondering what kind style would be most wanted by the RPG community. In my case with resources I mean tilesets for buildings and objects, battle backs, possible huds, I am no good in creating music, scripts or characters in any way.
Additional describe what you would prefer to see within the chosen style.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I chose Steampunk, because it perfectly bridges the gap between fantasy and sci-fi.
And since many resources are either focused on pure fantasy (Magic/Medieval) settings
or modern / sci-fi settings, I'd love to see some more steampunk for all the people that wish to go the middle road.

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Chose Wild West and Other. My other is "Post Apocalyptic", but in all fairness it'd likely be an edited version of Modern Day that looks more run-down, overgrown, et cetera. Depending on one's views on the genre, it could be mixed with sci-fi assets, or even fantasy for a post-post-apocalyptic game.

EDIT: As for which assets? Tiles are a given but absolutely battlers, icons, and animations. I like to hoard those like a dragon, and I'm always itching for moar.

Last edited:

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sad that I'm the only one who voted scifi as of now :(

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I vote for magi-tech, not quite sci-fi but not so medieval fantasy :D
This definition is vague. You could just mix SciFi and medieval asset together and call it "magi-tech". Having a laser gun powered by magic in a medieval setting could be enough for that. Except you have a different definition and an example asset.

Dutchmountain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking at the poll as it now I should be ready to polish up some gears with Steampunk slightly leading over Medieval / Fantasy. I had no idea Steampunk would be a popular topic and Sci-fi actually least popular. But it ain't over yet, so keep them coming.

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I certainly would love to see more steampunk resources! I'd definitely use 'em.

Scorps

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm allways looking for steampunk resources. I like it since it sits somewhere between "sci-fi", "fantasy" and "victorian". I'm looking forward to your work!

Dutchmountain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm allways looking for steampunk resources. I like it since it sits somewhere between "sci-fi", "fantasy" and "victorian". I'm looking forward to your work!
I agree with you on the Steampunk style, it can indeed be very varied and can match up well with other styles too.

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I chose Sci-fi because I like Sci-fi...no other reason...

Megumi_Aramaki

The Goddess of Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can tell you that I like Fantasy / Medieval-style resources. The Final Fantasy-style old fashioned resources.

Lornsteyn

Sleepy Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
SciFi and Steampunk, I think Fantasy Stuff exists enough.
The two also can be good integrated in Fantasy settings, especially Steampunk.

yournamehere

Had Matter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Steampunk and sci fi are both so much fun! You could always marry the two and make some cyberpunk stuff lol

[edit: although thinking about it more, it might be difficult to merge victorian style with futuristic. i'd love to see it happen, though]

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Fantasy and sci-fi. I was going to put steampunk too, but was limited in options and in a sense, steampunk is just a subset of sci-fi. If I had to rank the choices though, definitely sci-fi over fantasy since there's less sci-fi out there.

Dutchmountain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It looks like Steampunk is still taking the lead at this point. The cogs and brass seem to rule but I will always keep an eye open on other styles as well for sure. As some mentioned here some things can be combined well. Maybe things like 'Steam-fi' or 'Steamtasy' could pop out of it :D

Megumi_Aramaki

The Goddess of Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Right! I am sure that the later levels will be combined of Fantasy/Steampunk/Sci-fi is perfect to match my maps like warehouse or headquarter or laboratory.

Dutchmountain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The poll is closed and there seems to be a clear preference for Steampunk style resources. As said before I will see what I can "mix & match" Steampunk along with some other styles.
Thank you all for voting. Now if you will excuse me I have some work to do now with these results.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Work starts today at 2pm. I hate jeans, but the dress code says I have to wear them... That's how I discovered I was a plus size. Shopping for my first pair of jeans.
Anyhow, I'll post a new video on TheDazzlingsAreBack as soon as I'm able to.
dEj6ha4.png

WIP :)
Added some cliffs / walls / roofs to the tilesheet and am currently working on roof objects to make them prettier and more variable. And of course, windows and doors that fit to the game's style.
I also adjusted the grass color but i have some issues with my display, so if it looks weird, please let me know :)
Updated the dev logs for the game I'm working on! Check it out here
Alright, I left the modern girl in fantasy brain's hands while I get my - MODERN GIRL WHAT HAPPENED?! I blame fantasy brain for this.

WinaElemental.png
I just realized that, while I was waiting for our little Easter Game to be approved in the Completed Games Thread, the game was already listed for more than a week, without me noticing x.x

So ... very delayed happy easter to everyone I guess? : D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZackTheWolf