Responsibility on a PG-13 Website

Discussion in 'Community Announcements and Events' started by Lunarea, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

RPG Maker, though powerful enough to be used in professional development, is software made to be used by all ages, including minors. Because of this, the forum is PG-13 in both behavior and content.

In the past there have been some discussions as to what may or may not be posted here and how to behave (always keeping in mind that some of the readers here are children). Most people here do understand that everyone here on the forum has a responsibility toward the minors reading here.

Unfortunately, recently we had no choice but to ban a user from this site for behaviour off-site that originated here on the forums.

We were called in by the parents of a member who is a minor, and they explained one of our users had tried to start an adult-themed discussion with the minor in an off-site chatroom. Needless to say, there was no reason this discussion needed to take place and the minor should be protected, just like all of our members here should feel safe and protected from predators.

The offending user has, therefore, been banned from our forum.

While we encourage all of our users to interact and be creative together, we do ask that those adults among us make sure that they are talking to fellow adults when it comes to certain non-game-related topics. We also ask that minors be mindful of who they are giving their contact information. If there is anything questionable going on, alert your parents and a trusted staff member immediately. We will take all allegations of adults soliciting minors seriously but our ability to intervene off-site is limited. We were only able to do so because of the severity of the issue and would like to remind our members that most interactions outside the website are outside of our influence.

So everyone, please keep your posts civil, PG-13, and follow our rules. We do not want to ban users from here and we want a nice, creative community where everyone can feel safe.

2. Arisa

Arisa probably dead Veteran

First Language:
    English/Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
  3. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    OMG! We are safe nowhere! Good call, BTW Lunarea.

Guiguimu, Arisa and Vance Raehart like this.
  4. Kyuukon

Kyuukon 主人公 Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Creepy lol

Guiguimu and Marquise* like this.
  5. Vance Raehart

Vance Raehart Story writer/Aspiring Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    its unfortunate that something like this happened here. I'm glad it was resolved though

6. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I wonder what is wrong with someone's mind that they think starting a conversation like that with anyone they've barely met is okay? You need to know someone really well before you assume they are okay with that.

7. Gin

Gin The djinn Veteran

This is indeed unsettling news...:distrust:
    [​IMG]
    Trust nobody unless...
    it is Alladin...and you are Jasmine. Other than that, always be careful with strangers!!!>_>
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The vast majority of people I've met here are tremendously good people and having this shared, common interest naturally makes us want to be social together. But, it doesn't hurt to have a healthy dose of skepticism. I hope nothing remotely similar ever happens again in this community!

9. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    @Ms Littlefish me too. I can tell it ain't a trendy thing around.

Guiguimu likes this.
  10. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yeah. It doesn't happen often, I can tell, but now you see why I am so private on here. I trust people to a certain degree, but there is only so close I get. I think that this is advice that everyone should receive, but it's a shame that it was received in this way.

11. metronome

metronome Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (Sure!)
    Wha....how does that happen HERE?
    I am not trying to cynical, but seriously.....

Marquise* likes this.
  12. BinaryToast

BinaryToast Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    I would like to say that I'm surprised, but I guess I have been on the internet for too long. Maybe it makes one cynical. Anyway, I'm glad you are doing your best to protect minors in this site. Kudos!

13. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    It kinda didn't happened here... but it started here and from what I understood reading kinda got messy out of the forum.

Still if I PM someone here and get them on a less PG13 space to well... herm... I think this should append too if my goal is just to lure teens out of here and into questionable sticky situations. This forum is really safe and strict on its policy and how it is enforced.

Guiguimu likes this.
  14. MikePjr

MikePjr Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Good lord.
    The creeps are everywhere!

15. IAmJakeSauvage

IAmJakeSauvage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Reading this gave me chills.

16. XIIIthHarbinger

XIIIthHarbinger Part Time Super Villain Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Do yourself a favor & don't try to understand those kinds of people, I have far more experience with these kind of people than I want, & there isn't enough brain bleach in the world to unsee, unhear, & unlearn just how twisted these people are.

Never underestimate these kind of vermin eagerness to look for victims. There are reasons for sex offenders rates of recidivism. Even chemical castration doesn't fix them, it just prevents them from having an arousal response.

They are cruising for minors in the same way that that guy you know who tries to nail anything with two legs & a pulse.

17. Vandriette

Vandriette Dark King Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    As much as I shouldnt really be complaining or bringing it up, I'm surprised, or baffled rather, that my game got a rating within the R13 range (development).

In my opinion, personally, again, just an opinion, I wish age restrictions could be looser when it regards projects, but in regards to OP, yeah, I agrees

18. WorldWakeSTU

WorldWakeSTU Veteran Veteran

it is a disappointing matter to hear about though i know many opinions will be negative, many point of view will be based on miss information but it really is a sad thing to think that this would happen where there is no curve to that direction but i guess it can happen to any community so yes keeping private would be a wise thing.

Guiguimu likes this.
  19. tobimura.tobi

tobimura.tobi Villager Member

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Too sad :(
    I hope that child is fine :)

Arisa and Marquise* like this.
  20. Animator111

Animator111 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Unfortunately guys like that exist everywhere...after all, many "new age" politically correct goverments promote the "rights" of people of the sort.:kaolivid:

Amane Kagari and Marquise* like this.