charlottezxz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Logo composed.png

At a stage in our lives we all fear the inevitability of death but what if you could cheat such an end through the use of a forlorn mirror?

Story_Synopsis.png

A traveling circus group, known as the Roulette Runners, arrive at the city Horizon Bluff to perform for the festival of the Wyvern Glass. The performance celebrates a legend from the coastal region about a mythical mirror, which had the power of Ressurflection, and the daring heroes that freed it from a terrible Wyvern.
The trip goes awry however, when Maxwell, a trouper with a knack for getting into trouble, happens upon the fabled mirror and gets himself trapped inside. The Roulette Runners search for a way to free Max, but end up living the legend of old, rather than just performing it.

About.png
Ressurflection is a Fantasy/cartoon RPG set in the fictional universe of the Arbvar and taking center stage primarily at the coastal city of ‘Horizon Bluff’. Its story and game play are heavily character driven, with its narrative divided into two parallels told both within and outside the mirror itself. Ressurflection’s core themes draw from our inevitability of fearing death, and that at some point or another, we all must accept it, and to treasure what’s really important in the time that we have.
Gameplay_Features.png
  • CP Battle system – Allies all contribute Character points or CP for short. The battle system derives from your ability to manage these points and use your characters carefully during battle!
  • Many crows - An assortment of fun, loving crows flock around this game.
  • Characters, lore and lotsa story! –Character-rich story and soulful interactions abound - many things have a variety of banter and comments by whatever cast you have at hand! We want to ensure the world feels alive and that the characters feel a part of it too!

Content_Warning.png
Although Ressurflection is not a horror game in the most traditional of senses, some parts of the game have elements meant to induce paranoia, fear and tension. Mild swearing and blood is sometimes present.
Screenshots.png
Title-smol.pngBattle_1smoil.png
Screen_2.pngScreen_1-smol.png

Social_Media.png
A rough demo for the project will be open to the public in the coming months; if you have any feedback or bugs and issues to report please do so on our discord or if you would like to keep up with development; https://discord.gg/DKGUpYX

Alternatively the Twitter is at the following; https://twitter.com/charlottezxz

Most of the core updates happen here; http://ressurflection.tumblr.com/

Twitter_Banner.png

Last edited:

samkfj

Bug Powder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Charlotte! Update this!

8bitBartabas

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey you! Update this page!

charlottezxz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Folks,

Ressurflection is going very strong behind the scenes and its quite criminal of me to have this thread and not post any of the updates in it (though I do this constantly in the discord server!). In regards to the recent things that have been happening for it, there’s too many list and I don’t exactly want to spoil it all, however, I am still excited to show you some of the stuff!

Below is an updated synopsis written by 8bitbartabas, this is a far more concise and reader friendly version that gets across a good synopsis of the plot for anyone to get a gist of!

A traveling circus group, known as the Roulette Runners, arrive at the city Horizon Bluff to perform for the festival of the Wyvern Glass. The performance celebrates a legend from the coastal region about a mythical mirror, which had the power of Ressurflection, and the daring heroes that freed it from a terrible Wyvern.

The trip goes awry however, when Maxwell, a trouper with a knack for getting into trouble, happens upon the fabled mirror and gets himself trapped inside. The Roulette Runners search for a way to free Max, but end up living the legend of old, rather than just performing it.

We’ve been hard at work on the battle system both behind the scenes tinkering and visual flare. The animations are a combination of frame by frame and some slight mesh and bone structure to them (like pivotal points etc) which you can take a gander at some stuff below of that.

Battle_1smoil.png
deadettore.gif

A while back we had (before Christmas) an alpha for people in the server to try, the reception was really good and we’ve implemented a bunch of changes to the demo and game overall to make the experience more fun and accessible. As for a public demo, this’ll come about in a couple of months although there is a lot of work to do so we can’t give an exact ETA.

Hope this is good for an update and hopefully one of many (for the forums here at least!)

charlottezxz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Hey folks here's an update on progress on animations and skills in the battle scene for Ressurflection!

It's slowly getting there with a lot of them in place just needing timing and action sequence tweaks. Sounds are gonna be done last, as some of those sounds are repeated.

We are aiming for a Summer release of the demo, so stay tuned!

Time to go back to my hole and draw away!

charlottezxz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey folks!

Screen_Title.png

I have finally released Ressurflection as a demo for you all to play.
The demo is the prologue of the game.

- Genre; RPG, adventure, cartoon, fantasy
- Play time; is between 1:30 hour to 2 hours, highly dependent on how much you explore or interact.
- Development stage; Beta Demo, it is the opening of the game as a demo.

Feedback-
All feedback is welcome and kindly appreciated.
I've had a small group of people test it beforehand, but there were a few problems we were unable to replicate.

Download link here

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 19th September 2021

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jcolesi10