ReStaff April 2015

Discussion in 'Resource Staff Releases' started by Caz, Apr 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Caz

Caz Green Eyes Blonde Dragon Restaff Lead

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

Per usual:
    Information about Commercial usage can be found here.
    If you want to be a Guest Contributor, go here!

We are always open to guest contributions and would love to
    see your work if you want to contribute, so please don't be
    shy! You can shoot me a PM with any questions
    regarding becoming a Guest!

[​IMG]
    Avery has made a mix of icons and characters,
    complete with full sets of matching portraits, battlers and sprites!

[​IMG]
    Bukarett contributes some large icons and some
    really adorable angel battlers in the style of DS+ chibis!

[​IMG]
    Candacis has brought us a huge variety of tiles and
    portraits, incorporating some fresh nature themes and
    new trees to match the RTP!

[​IMG]
    Caz has made a protruding window for an
    Irish bar in the style of DS+!

[​IMG]
    Chaos drew two battlers for an Angel and
    Seraphim, which are looking pretty scary and elegant!

[​IMG]
    Once again, Matseb has pumped out a
    myriad charactersets, this time for angels
    and evil creatures.

[​IMG]
    Palladinthug is settling in! This time he brings us
    some screen effects and an adorable bear
    characterset in the style of DS+.

[​IMG]
    Slimmeiske has made some really cute
    large icons for Easter and St. Patrick's day,
    as well as a characterset for Avery's elf!

[​IMG]
    Thalzon, the battler champion, is here with a
    huge variety of St. Patrick's Day battlers!

[​IMG]
    Fomar is back with us again! This release he's made a
    really cool Party Builder script. It lets you build your own
    party when you start a new game, choosing
    classes and names for them!

[​IMG]
    DesperateMeasurez has made three songs
    for this release, perfect for gritty fantasy games!

[​IMG]
    Ms Littlefish has powered through after
    some software failures, and poured her talents
    into a song at the last minute!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] Hiddenone made some adorable Easter tiles and icons!

[​IMG] Raider submitted nature tiles which would look great on a farm!

[​IMG] Blinn has given us some really cool fantasy sounds and a soundscape!

[​IMG] Soundray has submitted a rather large pack of songs,
    including ones with some cool live guitar recordings!

DOWNLOAD RESTAFF APRIL 2015

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    puMaDee, Badawin, GRIMMJOW and 34 others like this.
  2. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Will say a congratulations to everyone and well done! 

Feedback is coming!

3. Shuji

Shuji Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I have been waiting for this! :D  

4. GrandmaDeb

GrandmaDeb Modern Exteriors Posted! Veteran

/me quickly follows download links

5. Ruby

Ruby Of the Earth Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Congratulations everyone!!! I'm proud of everyone for pulling through. <3

6. felsenstern

felsenstern Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    oh no, even more stuff to archive and to register, when will this ever end? ;-)

7. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Been checking the stuff already. Might do a big feedback later, but for now, I really dig DM's Lurking Evil track. It's truly fantastic.

8. Blinn

Blinn Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You have no idea how happy I am to see this. I thought that soundscape I made would never see the light of day. :D

Hope you guys enjoy it and the sounds I put in, too!

Dreadshadow likes this.
  9. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Feedback (press spoiler):

@Avery:

Angel is magnificent, busts are fantastic, sprite is awesome. I am glad that you made brunette angels by the way and the orange haired Irish lady with frecles. I actually find that kind of face really pretty.

On the icons now, I left the good for the end! The UI (cyberpunk? / sci-fi?) icons are fantastic!!! These can really be used in many things and in many ways and I will avtually might use them. Seriously a fantastic job!

@Bukarett:

Cute chibi and strange style as always, but that's what makes this contribution special!

Where are the terms? Couldn't find them. Can you please tell us? :)

@Canadics: 

I once made an edit for stairs so they can look nice. It took me some time since I'm a dummy with picture manipulation software and drawing. So I KNOW how hard it is and I also can tell that these stairs look really pretty. Edits are really pretty and neat but a;so useful. What stands from the rest is that fire camp that is so different Very interesting style!

@Caz:

It looks like XP users just got another great asset! Very neat!

@Chaos Avian:

Very interesting style of art. Both angel and seraphim are very nice pieces of art and maybe having a lot of assets of that style might actually make it possible for games to be made exclusively with such bust art. These assets can give character to a game.

@HiddenOne:

Where were you hiding these eggs? :p Nice edits, seriously.

@Matthew Ashworth:

well we are ready for a Heaen And Hell war after this! I mean this is FANTASTIC. On thing only is that the two sword yielding angel could have the swords moving while walking (that would make that sprite more outstanding than it is). What threw my jaw to the floor, was the Golem plant. Using RTP stuff in a really SO dofferent way, needs imagination and you NAILED it with that! Fantastic. Actually you nailed it with all the golems, Abaddon and Seraph.

@Paladinhug:

I want to hug you like a teddy bear. This teddy bear is fantastic.

@Raider:

Pretty ninja stuff there!

@slimmmeiske2:

Rainbow egg, chockolate egg, real egg icons! Enough said already, this entry is fantastic! Oh it gets better! It has a fantastic elf sprite too!!!

@Thalzon:

Well, Thalzon is one of my favorite artists here, mostly cause some of the contributions were really nice, colorful and fun stuff that can't be seen anywhere else.

Let's rock! Time to give feedback to the musicians!

@Blinn:

1] Delirium: This has great psychedelic effect 

2] Magic spell: It is just incredible

3] Laser Beam: It sounds to me like too much sound motion for a laser. Just my opinion though. I would make something more drone-like for a laser. ;)

@Darren Curtis:

1] Highland Castle: No you didn't!!!! OH MY F--KING GOD! This song is really fantastic! I love such music! You included a picture too! Nice surprise! In my opinion your song can fit instantly in a game with not even bothering to "fix" or tweak anything. Loved it.

2] Lurking Evil: Well, Highland Castle really overshadows this one in my opinion, but it is still a nice piece. Nice melodies, a theme to be used properly, maybe it can also orchestrate a mystery lore scene. Just a question: Are the chorus synthetic sounds, multisampled chorus, or samples that you time-pitch stretch?

3] Under siege!: Same here. Okay admit it. Highland Castle is more like "Highlight Castle" for this restaff contribution!

@Megan:

Bad, Bad Friends: Mixed feelings. Your music contains emotions and I like this since the sound shows instantly what it is about. Sour, ironic, funny but also tragic, accepting and rejecting at the same time, this music piece is really something. 

@Soundray:

Well, sometimes you remind me Hendrix sound, while other times you sound like Pink Floyd.

What is really needed in your music pieces is a more balanced mixdown and mastering.

You got good melodies, nice ideas, interesting flow on your songs.

You just need to balance the volume level of the guitar(s) and other strings so they will fit better in the song.

For example in Serendipity EVERYTHING is really fine, except the strings from the left channel are a bit higher than they should be in my opinion.

What you only need is mastering and proper mixdown enhancements. There are sound engineers for that of course.

Having ONLY this to do, seems to me like you got talent that deserves to be praised ASAP.

Just Like Magic was really a very nice song.

Little Addiction sounded like a really professional work. It was fantastic.

Scripts:

Well Fomar, I hadn't the time to check it out, I might come back with feedback for you.

In the meantime:

A] Welcome back!

B] I am sure it will be fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
  10. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    YEAHHHHHHHHH

next time I promise I will finally send you my restaff contribution ...I s-swear D: ! 

on that I will have to download each ressources and I will give a advance feedback! 

but guys I heard a lot of you saying in skype to me : DAMNNNNNNN I have to finish my restaff!! 

and I understand now you can be proud!

Blinn likes this.
  11. AceTheMad

AceTheMad Village Madman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Great work, guys! I appreciate the inspiration!

12. Avery

Avery Sleeping Dinosaur Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Graphics:

Buka

Oh I would kill for your skills! Of course not you, because we need this awesomeness!

I love your angels, those dynamical poses are gorgeous! The hair of the second bondie is so realistic and cool. Those big icons are so cool, I like the fossil most (this structure! <3), but they are all very good.

Candacis

I really like it, that some of your chars have darker skin! It is very cool to have chars for different ethnics, since most of the chars out there are simply "white". I was also very awesome of you to add an char to my bust, it's so cute <3 Adding arrows and bow makes the chars even more useful and gives a range of new possibilities. (Hm, maybe I shoud draw a bow to add to the backs of our busts?)

Nature tiles are always needed, there are some very good ones already, but yours add more variation and don't need to hide (maybe this is to literally translated from German xD)

That grilled pig is soooo epic!

Caz

Ah, your pub!

This was a very good idea for the irish theme and I like how it turned out. Will you expand the set for the next one? We need more authentic pubs in games!

Chaos Avian

Also some cool stuff for the angels collab (I feel like somehow we should show what parts belong together, I can't see any hint and people should know that those are even more useful as they are because there is matching stuff!). I am a bit unsure about the Seraphim, I don't know, I thought the wings would cover their feet, but if it was like that he would have very short legs. Besides that your battlers are good as always and I love the pose of the angel and especially hand and foot xD

Hiddenone

Oh, a surprising contribution to the big icons! I am very proud that someone uses and even expands them! <3

The chicken coop is an awesome idea, matching the easter theme and still useful for every kind of game. And those chickens! There is so few variaton in the animals in the most games and those different chickens are so gorgeous!

Matseb

I really love your idea of those angels, as you can see because I made some matching busts. I am a bit sad that there is only one of them without his weapon because I could think of them in so many different scenarios where they wouldn't need a weapon, for example there are so many angels that one could make an angel city or a company lead by angels (an angel postal service would be cool :o ) and it cuts off some of the possibilities to have them only armed.

Of your monsters I like Abbadon and Seraph most, they would be awesome bosses  for heavenly/hellish dungeons!

Palladinthug

Ah your spiral stairs! I bet most are too lazy (proove me wrong!) but it is very cool to have the psd to add different structures so you could use it in any castle or building. The pictures are a very good idea, there are only few of such resources and they are so useful!

Is bonkers a bear with glasses? I like it how you expand the DS-Sprites with every release so those sets become even more useful with every release.

Raider

I just had the idea of shroom farms when I looked at your boxes, this would be a good thing next time maybe?

It's good to see you moving forward and away from only clumping and I am excited to see your improvement on this way.

Slim

It was very surpising to see you making a matching sprite for my elvish bust and it turned out to be awesome! And more big icons! I like it how they are related to the themes but are also useful in other contexts. Now I am really excited to see them one day ingame!

Thalzon

Your battlers are fantastic as always. I like how creative you are, the battlers are related to the themes but also surprising! I never thought about letting heroes kicking a rainbows butt :D And having two leprechauns is very cool so you can switch the battler when the enemy gets really angry xD

Music:

Blinn

I like it to see Sound Effects here^^ I think it would be nice to have Delirium split into three parts, so you can use it for a whole scene; start, looping middle part so it can be any length and an ending part, just a suggestion ;3

DesperateMeasurez

Those tracks are epic. I am so bad at writing feeback for music, but I just want to say I love them, maybe lurking evil and highland castle even a bit more than under siege. Somehow I now want to map a highlang castle :S

Ms Littlefish

I am still aweful at giving feedback to music ^^' The track is very interesting (in a good way!), at the first moment I had no idea where I would use it, but the longer I listen to it the more vague ideas come up. It somehow has some travelling flair for me, like a hero party is happily walking through woods not knowing that there are mosters behind every tree xD

Soundray

Oh man, as said above, I can't say a lot about music ^^'

The tracks seem quite "light" and I like that. They give a huge variation for scenes and on the same hand they are not too distracting from what's actually happening.

Scripts:

Formar

I'm a but busy with putting together the last easter presents so I can't test it properly but I like the idea and it would be interesting to see a game using that concept! I like the design, the script is as pretty as useful ;3

13. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So, I'm never going to edit music (and try new things at the same time) at 2AM ever again. When I woke up with fresh ears and went over my documents I found way too many mistakes in my original release of "Bad, Bad Friends" to feel awesome about it. So I have made and uploaded a fix below. 

The melody is much more clear, some unpretty frequencies have been removed, and there is much more funky jazz organ. I mean, I had to. Jazz organ, right!? That's a good reason alone.

So to anyone interested the edit is below. I apologize for the inconvenience and next time I have computer issues I won't try to be a hero and just take my time. To me, a successful song is always better than my last one, so I learned something today.~

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BySgToJ7EnrxajF4d1hqVllsRjA/view?usp=sharing

I shall provide my feedback later.

Dalph, Susan, Tuxedo Leila and 5 others like this.
  14. Miss Nile

Miss Nile Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Egyptian Arabic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow, that's some amazing pack. :3 And to know that something like this is released most months...you guys are awesome. :D

Downloading as we speak. Great work, everyone. :)

15. Bonkers

Bonkers Internet Master Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]  Thank you.  Please let me know if there is anything you'd like to see converted or made in DS style for restaff.

Dalph, Susan and Bukarett like this.
  16. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Great job everyone!  :)  

Graphics

Avery - Your busts look great and I love the spring goddess.  And you icons are as amazing as always.
    Bukarett - I was already a fan of the DS+ chibi battlers, so it's great to see more of them.  You really captured movement in those poses.  The detail you managed to put into the shell icon is incredible.
    Candacis - All of your tiles are great, but I really love the little foot prints.  It's great that you've given us two versions of the hunter sprites and I like the matching busts.
    Caz - Your pub window looks great.  And I agree with Avery, there needs to be more authentic pubs in games.
    Chaos Avian - I like the design on the angel's dress, but the seraphim looks a bit odd.  It seems like he's missing his lower body.
    Matseb - Those angels are definitely ready for battle.  My favorite is probably Adrianna (cause I'm a sucker for spear weilders).
    Palladinthug - Bonkers is adorable, and the news bulletin would be really useful for a game set in modern times.
    Raider - The garden boxes are great.  I wonder if "no ninjas here" signs actually work, or if heroes would be able to see through the trick.
    Slimmeiske2 - It's egg-citing to see that someone else had the same idea as me. ;)  I love the hat and bunny ears icons.  The fact that your sprite matches Avery's bust is just icing on the cake.
    Thalzon - That is one angry rainbow.  Your style is great and I love the cauldron's expression.

Music
    Blinn - Delirium would work well for somewhere that's not quite right like a dreamworld.  The laser beam sounds a little slow, maybe it would sound a bit better sped up slightly?  Magic spell sounds perfect for whacking someone over the head with a sparkly spell. 
    DesperateMeasurez - Highland Castle had me instantly imagining a great towering castle.  I really like the piano in Lurking Evil, and Under Siege sounds perfect for fighting your way out of a castle.
    Ms. Littlefish - Stoner jazz now must be a thing.  Bad, Bad Friends sounds great and it's nice that you've given us an even better version.  
    Soundray - You've given us an impressive number of songs.  They all sound nice and can cover quite a few game scenes.  My favorite is Little Addiction.

Scripts
    Fomar - You've given us an interesting script.  I've played with it a bit, and I can see using it in a few different ways. 

17. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Wow! I know I'm fairly new around here, but I've looked at some of the older ReStaff collections, and I think this one is the best so far! There's a lot of awesome stuff in here! Congratulations, and thank you! I've got some fun new things to add to my game!

18. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Firstly, a response to feedback:

Thank you everyone for the positive words. I am glad the angels are proving to be such a hit. And in regard to unarmed versions, I could always make those later if people really want me to make them. :)

Now for my feedback...

Graphics:

Avery:

Really love the work you’ve done on those busts. You’re good at doing female busts. Curious to see you make some male ones too. The spring goddess battler also looks really great and detailed. Nice work on the icons too. That crossbow is really cool especially. Would love to see more sci-fi icons done.

Bukarett:

Very nice style of battlers and they match the sprites I’ve made very perfectly. Great work!

Candacis:

Those busts are awesome, and the sprites are amazing too. I love the little bow they’re all carrying. Some beautiful nature and trees tiles there. Great for adding some variation to our maps and something different to RTP. Great job on the bonfires too.

Caz:

That pub section looks pretty beautiful. I am curious to see how the rest of that pub would look like.

Chaos Avian:

Those are lovely looking battlers. I like the colour choices and the pose of that angel battler. And the seraph looks awesome too. The missing legs doesn’t bother me too much, since this is an otherwordly entity after all, so who knows, it might not have legs at all. I remember you had sketches done of several others (guessing you probably hadn’t had time to finish them). I’d love to see coloured versions of those too.

Hiddenone:

The whole chicken family. Awesome. We really do need a rooster, considering RTP only has a regular chick, so great stuff.

Matseb2611:

<_<

>_>

*pats self on the back*

Palladinthug:

Nice banner designs. You are very good at this kind of stuff involving menu looks and UI. Oh and hello there, Bonkers.

Raider:

That is a cool idea to have ninjas hiding in the trees and bushes. Love the creativity there. Ninja shop is also brill. That needs to become a real thing in RPGs.

Slimmmeiske:

Lovely elf sprite and really good work on those big icons.

Thalzon:

Great work as usual. I am quite curious about what those weird blobs are. I like the idea of them being separate and in different combinations. That would make for a nice enemy idea in a game.
    Music:

Blinn:

That's a nice horror soundscape. It sounds a lot like either an alien planet or some obscure spooky realm. The sound effects are nice too, though I’ll have to agree with Dreadshadow that laser doesn’t sound too much like an actual laser (then again, it’s from fantasy and sci-fi anyway, and people can make up their own reason for why it sounds like that).

Desperate Measurez:

Big fan of your music and you never disappoint. Love all 3 tracks, but my favourite is definitely ‘Lurking Evil’. It’s so beautifully dark and morbid. Reminds me a lot of another track of yours (Hallow’s Eve Ritual). Great work overall.

MsLittlefish:

A lovely track. That tune is pretty groovy. I am guessing it’d probably fit to play for a pub scene. It’s got a nice laid back atmosphere to it. Good work.

SoundRay:

Wow, lots of tracks of different moods. My personal favourites are ‘Little Addiction’ and ‘That Which Lurks’, since they’re the most atmospheric to me and I really like the mysterious vibe they give out. Would love more tracks like these from you.
    Scripts:

Fomar:

I really like this script idea. I’ll have to try it out at some point. I bet it will make it a whole lot easier than doing this function with events.

19. Blinn

Blinn Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I knew I should have renamed Laser Beam to Laser Pulse. That would have made more sense.

20. Caz

Caz Green Eyes Blonde Dragon Restaff Lead

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for the feedback so far, guys! We really appreciate all the criticism you can give. I've finally gotten around to making a list of everyone who needs badges from last month's feedback and this month's contributions, so everyone should get them soon!

To those asking, I might well continue the pub theme as I didn't get much time this month.. maybe I'll try to finish it for the next release, unless I get distracted!

Got your back, jack! It's in the pack!

... 'kay I'll knock it off with the impromptu poem now. I've updated the download with the newer version of the song~ :D You did brilliantly to have whipped this up so quick, I'm really impressed!

Dalph, Bonkers, Susan and 1 other person like this.