ReStaff April 2015

Discussion in 'Resource Staff Releases' started by Caz, Apr 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Amysaurus

Amysaurus Digital Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I'm confined to bed until tomorrow, so I figure now's as good a time as any to write some feedback~ 

Graphics:

• Avery: Lovely stuff - I’m so used to seeing icons from you that the battlers and busts are a really nice for a change. And, of course, the icons look great as well (I’m really loving the Irish-themed ones). Keep up the awesome work!
    • Buki: D’AWWWW - those battlers are so cute!!! The icons look really nice, too (it’s nice to see the big icons getting more love).
    • Candacis: You have a really nice mix of characters and tiles this month! All of the nature tiles look great, and I really like how that fire came out. The characters have a really nice variety to them, and I like how they fit with the outdoorsy theme.
    • Caz: These tiles came out great! They’ve got a nice simplicity in their colors and shape, which really give off a “pub” vibe.
    • Chaos Avian: Very nice! I really like how clean all of the lines are, and how the blank eyes give both of them a very mysterious feel~
    • Matseb: My word… I’m never not impressed by how much artwork you manage to make, lol. I’m not sure what it is about the design exactly, but I especially love the way that rock golem came out.
    • Palladinthug: Really gorgeous work this month! That Bonkers sprite came out adorable, and I really love how the starwash graphics came out. The colors  on those look wonderful!
    • Slimmmeiske: I love how that elvish sprite came out, and the icons are really nice! On that rainbow egg, I think the lines between the colors stick out just a bit too much for my taste, but the color choices themselves are lovely~
    • Thalzon: Ack! I love these themed battlers! That cauldron is all sorts of adorable, and that second rainbow’s expression is just the best. xD
    Guest Peeps:

• Hiddenone: I’m really loving the eggs and chicken coop, and THOSE CHICKENS ARE SO CUTE ;U;
    • Raider: No ninjas??? But I like ninjas! Ahahaha, you’ve got some really nice stuff here, and I especially like the knife stuck in the stump.
    Overall:

• There’s some seriously nice stuff in here, and I love how many of you manage to connect to each other’s work. I really appreciate how that extra effort makes all of the work easier to use together and show off.
    Music & Sounds:

• DesperateMeasurez: Highland Castle: I love how foreboding this piece is - it makes me feel like I’m coming upon the aftermath of a battle scene. Lurking Evil: I think, of the three, this piece is my personal favorite. I love the mysterious/doomed feeling it gives off, and the piano here sounds really nice. Under Siege!: I could picture this as either a dramatic theme, or a battle theme of sorts. It has a really nice balance of being dramatic without being in one’s face.
    • Meg: Bad, Bad Friends: Software troubles or not, you totally rocked this piece! I could imagine this being anything from a theme for wandering around to an ending theme, and I really love when a piece is that versatile.
    Guest Peeps:

• Blinn: Delirium: O_O. Oh my. I really enjoy how mysterious this sound ended up, though it scared me because my volume was up too high. xD Laser Beam: Pew pew! Simple, effective, I like it! Magic Spell 1: This would make a really nice sound for a light or healing spell!
    • Soundray: I really like the majority of these pieces, though several of them I find myself unable to connect back to their title. I guarantee I’d like them way more if I was a bigger fan of guitars, but they’re just not my cup of tea ^^
    Scripts:

• Fomar: Unfortunately I can’t test the script out at the moment because of laptop troubles, but what I’ve read of the script sounds really neat! I like the idea of being able to pick your own party from the start.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
    Bukarett, Tuxedo Leila, Dalph and 8 others like this.
  2. Susan

Susan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    No idea...
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Short feedback:

@Avery:

Gorgeous female portraits and battlers. Especially love the Elvish and Spring Goddess A busts.

Great icons as always. (Any chance for a four leaf clover?) ^^

@Bukarett:

Those chibi Angel battlers are absolutely adorable! Well detailed as well, considering the small scale of the images. ^^

DS-style Shin Megami Tensei, anyone?

@Candacis:

Beautifully made RTP style hunter portraits and sprites. Will really add variety to the RTP.

Great fire animation. Is that roast game I see?

Wow, a huge variety of nature tiles! The tiles look a bit blurry, but overall very nice!

@Caz:

Great work with the angled walls. Really suits well with your previous holiday tileset, and the DS+ modern tiles.

Please do continue with the pub theme if you're in the mood. (imagines bar counters, wine shelves, beer barrels, bartenders, drunk patrons and leprechauns - wait, what?!). *shot!*

@Chaos Avian:

Lovely winged battlers.

The Seraphim reminds me more of Lucifer.

@hiddenone:

Wow, a happy Easter with those lovely eggs icons!

A nice variety of chickens and cockerels, along chicks! Now they won't feel so lonely.

Nice work with the chicken coop as well! Been looking for one of these. ^^

@Matseb:

Amazing variety of winged and monster sprites, especially suiting battlers from the other contributors! (RTP-fied Atonement?)

I especially like the bee swarm and plant golem.

Overall, they must have been hard to animate. Good work! ^^

@palladinthug:

Oh gosh! That bear sprite is adorable and huggable!

The news and starwash overlays look gorgeous, especially the flow and sparkles in the starwash ones!

Silvertown's spiral staircase finally up for grabs! Cool! ^^

@Raider:

Nicely made plant boxes, with some plant clumps.

Those shadow ninjas are fantastic! The ninja theme tiles are amazing as well.

Keep up the good job! ^^

@Slimmeiske:

Lovely elven sprite to complement Avery's elven portrait.

Beautiful Easter and St. Patrick icons! ^^

@Thalzon:

Really cute St. Patrick theme battlers.

Really love those rainbows! ^^

@Blinn, Ms Littlefish, DesperateMeasurez & Soundray:

For certain reasons, I am unable to give any feedback on music.

Your contributions are very appreciated. Hope I will be able to provide some feedback next time.

Great work and a huge thanks to all the contributors for restaff. ^^

3. Candacis

Candacis Pixel Pusher Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Thanks for all the feedback, yet! Really appreciate it.

@Susan: Can you maybe point out which tiles seemed blurry to you, so that I can hopefully work on this issue a bit more?

Susan likes this.
  4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    My internet keeps crashing, so I haven’t had time to read earlier feedback.  My apologies if I’m simply repeating what others have said.  This is just copy/paste from a document.

Avery – naturally I went straight to the icons – those monochrome ones, with the item in silhouette are simply lovely.  That is a very nice style indeed.  On the busts, battlers and sprites, it was the quality of the rendition of the hair which made these so successful.  I loved the ‘Irish Freckles’ face, delightful.

Bukarett - the word that comes to mind looking at these battlers is ‘fun’.  They are fun characters, light-hearted, whimsical.  I could see them fitting in to a fairy-tale type story extremely well.  A lot of detail.

Candacis­ – those nature tiles are excellent, and they fill a number of significant holes, for example, anyone using the rtp cliffs has, up until now, not had the useful little columns that XP cliffs had, and which break up the surface so well.  I also noted the non-square water auto tiles, again a huge benefit for so many people.  New trees too, though I did think that the more rounded shaped trees looked a bit blurry, though that may be my eyes as I'm quite tired.  Those sprites with bows are great, and actually quite rare – I know because I’ve been looking for soldiers with bows, and not one is to be found, but I noticed how few there are in general.  So another big gap plugged.

Caz – angled walls, yes!!!!  I don’t care if you do say that they are for a pub, trust me, they are going to be cropping up all over the place.  Any time you care to do some more, be assured of my deepest gratitude.

Chaos Avian – 2 very nice battlers.  I did wonder, however, about the foot on the angel.  The angle looks awkward somehow.

Hiddenone­ – I have been using an extremely boring chicken coop – tonight it meets its final end as yours goes in to replace it.  Thank you.  It’s a lovely item.  The same for the chickens.  No sentimentality here – out with the old, in with the new.  My farmyards are going to be transformed!  I don’t have an immediate use for the eggs, but those sitting chickens are a gem.

Matseb – yup, you’ve kept up the good work, every one of those sprites is worth having.  Now, should you find yourself with the odd idle moment and nothing much to do (ahem), and the urge came upon you to make an animated battler of that Abaddon, please do not resist the impulse.

Palladinthug – having the psd file for the spiral staircase is a wonderful boon, thank you for sharing that.  It’s a great resource to have.  The sprite is great, but too specific for me to find a place for him, which is a shame, as you have managed to pack a lot of personality into those few pixels.

Raider – excellent little boxed gardens for odd corners in semi-urban towns where there isn’t room for a proper vegetable garden.  And I think your trees are very witty.

Slimmeiske – a lovely sprite, and the fact that it goes with Avery’s face makes it even more useful.  I think it’s actually quite hard to pull off proper blonde hair, but you have managed it well.

Thalzon – as always an excellent collection.  I particularly liked the ‘unlucky’ 4-leafed clover, or at least I assume it’s unlucky if it’s going to fit me and my gang.

Blinn – SEs have been a comparatively neglected area in RM game-making, so I’m glad to see that they are getting some attention now.  I like these, and hope to see more contributions from you.

Desperatemeasurez

Highland Castle put me very much in mind of ‘Hallow’s Eve Ritual’ and ‘The Phantom Castle’, so that they would work well together in the same game, but are sufficiently different so that it doesn’t become monotonous.  I’m already using those 2, but I don’t think I’ve got somewhere for this third to go, we will have to see.

Lurking Evil – for the first few bars I thought, this doesn’t really go with the title, but then as it continued I thought it was highly appropriate.  More of those tubular bells (?) that feature in the 3 tracks I just mentioned, so obviously a favourite with you at the moment, but used with quite a different feel, I suppose it’s the more varied rhythm you have with them.

Under Siege didn’t quite grab me at first, but as it went on I warmed to it more and more.  I liked the complexity of it.

Ms Littlefish

Bad, Bad friends – haven’t we all got friends like that?  Great for a modern setting, though there were one or two places where I thought that the trumpet didn’t quite come off.

Fomar

Good to see you back again.  I know that people are often asking about scripts for choosing parties, so this should be highly beneficial to a lot of people.  I’m not the person to comment on the quality of the coding (I’m a genuine know-nothing when it comes to scripts), but I like the idea as described in the header.

Thank you everyone for such a high quality and diverse pack

EDIT

My apologies, I've just seen that I've somehow managed to miss Soundray.  I'll come back and add something when I've had a chance to listen.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
  5. Susan

Susan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    No idea...
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Candacis:

Thanks for your attention, and sure thing! I'll PM you regarding this matter since I'm pretty poor in regards to art terms and explanations.

Please let me know if I'm mistaken. ^^

6. Candacis

First Language:
    German
    Thanks, Susan and Ksjp.

Nature tiles are not my strong suit, but I was glad for the additional exercise. I'm reworking the trees a bit to make them look less blurry, will post it here soon.

Susan likes this.
  7. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain) Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Happy Easter guys and wondeful job to everyone!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]Mariska: Angels? Swimming chickens? Giant eggs? What the hell is this place?
    [​IMG]Berzac: The "Pub at the End of the World", it's as beautiful as the legends say.
    [​IMG]Rudolf: Simply fabulous...but why nobody is paying attention to the fact that a huge swarm of angry bees is chasing us?
    Feedback will come tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
    Chaos Avian, Raider, Bonkers and 9 others like this.
  8. Candacis

First Language:
    German
    Thanks to wonderful Susan, I reworked the trees a bit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Hopefully it fixes some of the occurring problems. Everything else is unchanged, just copy those two tilesets over the old ones.

9. Bonkers

Bonkers Bioware, do you need a nap? Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you.  If it would be any consultation how do the masks for the sprites sound?  They'd be similar to the defaults like the Mushrooms/Orcs/Kobolds, but unlike Emmet they would have no armor/clothes and multiple variations for you to edit/dress up.

I'll put that on my list for next restaff to keep them more generic.  I really appreciate the feedback, and I want to give you material you can actively use.

Tuxedo Leila, Susan and Kes like this.
  10. Bukarett

Bukarett Burning Dryad Veteran

First Language:
    Tree whisperer
    [​IMG]
    I didn't use Caz's resources nor mine D; I didn't know where to put them. Forgive me U_U

I'll write the feedback after Easter. :D Happy Holidays! Everyone did a wonderful job!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
  11. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    That sounds good to me.

Bonkers likes this.
  12. Paladin-Cleric of Awesome

Paladin-Cleric of Awesome Writer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    WWow, all these resources look so cool! Must play with them... and also much pull myself together and start finishing up my tilesets.

13. Chaos Avian

Chaos Avian Abyssal Wing Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Angels are a funny bunch, some Seraphims just have the 6 wings, a head and arms. Heck or even just a head and wings, when you look into them they are  a real bizarre bunch, so my Seraphim's lower half simply doesn't exist (after all man, cannot truly comprehend an angel's form before he goes mad) :3

Bukarett, Dalph and Matseb2611 like this.
  14. felsenstern

felsenstern Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ok, I haven't recognized restaff until recently and while I am writing this, I am downloading the last part of the archived restaff compilations. To be honest I just recognized the resources from my humble bundle two weeks ago, and was completely stunned then and now found restaff...

What I've seen until now is so cool and not just that, I somehow was under the impression, that RPG-Maker had its best time behind it and is dying slowly, because of so many great people who left the RPG-Maker Scene already and all the websites and forums that closed with who know what content inside. But now I realize that I was wrong (as so often, sigh).

However, I just want to tell you how much I like all the bits and pieces you've created over the years and how much I appreciate it. Thank you all for your hard work and contributions and thanks to the restaff admins for organizing and archiving this all! ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2015
  15. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain) Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

GRAPHICS:
    @Avery:

Everything is in a perfect RTP style (you really nailed it there) and the spring goddess can also be used as a simple bride of some sort. Also thanks for making the portraits for Matseb's angels, these are very useful. The UI icons are a neat idea and can be used for both sci-fi and modern setting without problems. Fantastic work as always Avery.

@Buki (darling):
    What can one say? My girl is awesome and everything she does is awesome. (FACT)
    Their style is exactly the same of the DS+ chibi battlers, you also did a wonderful job on the big icons, there's an insane amount of detail there and they look gorgeous ingame. Awesome work darling. ;D

@Candacis:
    Lot of awesome tiles in RTP style, I had a lot of fun placing all the variations of the trees and the grass, you did a great job with the sprites too (very nice hunters). I added them as NPCs in one of my games (they're named Mariska, Berzac and Rudolf to me, ahah). Thanks a lot for making them dark skinned and adding the portraits as well, there aren't a lot of dark skinned characters around, that's for sure. Amazing work.

@Cazpub:
    1 7074LLY 4GR33 W17H ksjp17, 7H353 4NGL3D W4LL5 C4N B3 U53D F0R 3V3RY7H1NG, N07 0NLY F0R 4 PU8 4ND 7H47'5 4 PLU5. 3V3RY7H1NG L00K5 P3RF3C7 1NG4M3, 5UP3R8 J08 C4ZPU8.
    ^ If you can read this last part then be proud, not everyone can do it.

@Chaos Avian:
    We have more than enough battlers to make a 100+ hour Epic Rpg, ahahahah. The design of the Seraphim is really cool, you should consider making a pack someday, I will buy it for sure. Majestic work.

@Hiddenone:
    Neat idea with all the variations of the eggs\chickens and the chicken coop, everything is also made in a perfect RTP style. Great job, your resources are always amazing.

@Matseb2611:
    Lot of amazing resources as always, a huge variety of angels, dark angels and golems (the plant one is my favourite). You're always very productive, I like a lot what you did with Sabrathan and the Bee Swarm, great idea and execution. Your angels can be used without problems with Bukarett's battlers. Awesome work.

@palladinthug:
    Bonkers looks fantastic ingame and the News Bullettin is an awesome idea, I friggin love it, ahahah. The Starwash looks very nice ingame and can be used for a lot of things, also thanks for releasing Silver Town's spiral staircase (it's a must have). Superb job palla.

@Raider:
    Neat idea with the ninja theme, the evil eyes are superuseful and can be placed everywhere without problems. You also did a great job writing on that signal, it's perfectly readable ingame. Great idea and execution.

@Slimmeiske2:
    Awesome sprite that perfectly matches Avery's portrait. Very nice colour choice for the dress\hair, she looks beautiful ingame. The big icons are very nice too, you totally catched the Easter theme. Awesome work. ;D

@Thalzon:
    A lot of great additions to your insanely huge collection of battlers, my favourite is the rainbow (I like that you added an angry variation too) the weirdos are funny as hell and they can be used to make a cute game. Beautiful battlers.

MUSIC:
    @Blinn:

Delirium:
    That's pretty scary, reminds me about some evil creature or something lurking in the darkness.Can be very useful for any horror game.
    Laser Beam:
    Perfect for a sci-fi skill or in a cutscene with a spaceship.
    Magic Spell 1:
    I can see this one being used as the casting sound of an ultimate spell of some sort (like Ultima in the FF series). Very nice and useful SEs, we certainly need more of these resources. Keep up the good work Blinn.

@DesperateMeasurez:
    Highland Castle:
    A fantastic and atmospheric castle track. I like how you used the bells and the harp, there's also a bit of mistery in it, feels like the place is totally unexplored and full of danger. Absolutely perfect for a dungeon.
    Lurking Evil:
    Pure evil, I can see it fitting for a tragic villain (someone with a dramatic past or that was a hero once). I love the piano use, the choirs and the bells near the end, it's pretty deep and sad as well.
    Under Siege:
    Like the title suggest, it's very appropriate if used as a battle theme (either regular or boss) but can be also used as a simple war theme or for a chase\escape scene. It's very flexible. Beautiful tracks, more battle themes from you would be an awesome and useful addition, I can understand that it's a lot of work but you clearly showed that you totally rock with them.

@Ms Littlefish:
    Bad, Bad Friends:
    I agree with Matseb, this theme is perfect for a modern pub (preferably at night) or as a character theme, it's pretty versatile, kinda atmospherical and lighthearted too. I love tracks like that since you can interpret them in different ways. Very well done, great job.

@Soundray:
    A lot of very nice tracks, it's hard to describe some of them but overall I really like that they're open to interpretation.
    Cloud Castles:
    Calm and relaxing, fits for a cutscene (probably a flashback or a tragic event) but it can be used also for a village or a castle in the sky as the title suggests. It's pretty flexible.
    Fear In The Flowers:
    Despite being pretty long you did a good job of not making it sound too repetetive, I can see it fitting as a hero track, it surely gives hope and inspiration. Very nice.
    Just Like Magic:
    Hard to describe it, I guess it can be used either for a modern city or for a character theme (a good character though), the setting is modern for sure but the use is clearly open to interpretation.
    Little Addiction:
    My favourite among your tracks, there's something special about it. It's very long but it made me chill after 20 seconds. I can see this being used as a tragic character theme (it screams loss, nostalgy and sadness).
    Serendipity (loop):
    Totally open to interpretation, I can see this used for: characters, cities of any sort, exploration and cutscenes\dialogues, it's a track that always remains stable so it's clearly good for dialogues and not action scenes.
    Ships In The Night:
    Like the title suggests, it's appropriate for a ship during night, very lighthearted, possibly used to make the heroes talk when they will set sail for their adventure. I like the good feelings in this one a lot.
    Sunlight (loop):
    This can be perfect for a funny character (or a funny place or a funny cutscene), it puts you in a good mood and it's very entertaining.
    That Which Lurks (loop):
    I expected something creepy and dark with this title but I got a nostalgic and extremely sad theme, it's totally perfect for a death scene, it screams also divinity and afterlife.
    Whiplash:
    I can see this used as a character theme for sure, I pictured this character as a modern action hero for sure. Very catchy track.
    Writ Of Dreams:
    Very good for dialogues and cutscenes of any sort if you ask me but even as a character theme.

SCRIPTS:
    @Fomar:
    You're back! You're one of my favourite scripters and it's awesome to see that you're still around. This script is amazing and a must have, I like that you can change class, appearance and the size of your party, also the interface customization is a very nice addition. It's really awesome and works pretty well ingame.

Great job everyone, lot of fantastic materials.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
    Susan, Candacis, Blinn and 11 others like this.
  16. Bukarett

Bukarett Burning Dryad Veteran

First Language:
    Tree whisperer
    ~ R E S T A F F    F E E D B A C K ~
    G R A P H I C
    Avery: I always will admire your productivity, I love seeing how much you work and strive to make ANY resources look spectacular and polished, these are not an exception. You did marvelously job on the busts as well as battler, both fit RTP so well! I adore the menu icons, which honestly are super useful! I can see so many people pick up these during the contest. Anyone else can see those busts in a Harvest Moon game too? Or am I the only one who would hit on those gorgeous girls while being a farmer? Eh? No? Crap D;

Bukarett: You dimwit! I know you had more sketches up your sleeve! *shakes fist *

Candacis­: These are amazing! Actually while I was creating the map I couldn't even pick which arrangements I should use because all look fantastic and fitting! I really love the water tiles and the plantations you have added, seriously useful add on to a game, especially if you want o create an overgrown and uncared atmosphere. The sprites with busts are a great idea too, everything is ready to go. Not only that I always thought RTP had too many same color skin characters, I love to see darker and more variant types! :)

Caz: Ah, Caz, Caz, Caz... You and your magical DS fingers. The bar looks awesome! ;D Great add on to the DS+ pack which already offers a huge variety. I'm tempted to deconstruct that window and make it into a separate item, with some flower pots~ ;D

Chaos Avin; That Seraphim battler looks ominously scary in some way, which is exactly what we want from battlers of course, am I the only one who car imagine him as a boss? Summoned from dark depths of heaven? Im sure heaven has some prisons too. I really like that the Angels harp matches with Avery's icon :D could be nicely used together.

Hiddenone: The birdies! They are excellent! Not only as can they be used as farm animals but some can be just regular wild birds found in the forests, thats is so cool! A great variety between them and not only that we have a adorable house for them as well! Excellent add-ons for a game, they are many farm related areas in fantasy world and these are MUST have on them~

Matseb: You! You and your abundance of resources! Amazing work! I really adore the angels, hence why I choose to the battlers matching them. An army of heavens! Diablo? Anyone? I really like that you haven't added just a good guys, buts some devilish creatures as well. The golem looks especially outstanding, so does Abbadon. Bee Swarm <3 Seriously! This is SCREAMIN: MAKE DIABLO GAME!!!

Palladin: Bonkers! We need more DS animal/human crossovers. I really adore the star wash effect which can be used more than one way~ The staircase would be perfect for some tall nice towers or to be added in the castle as stair to the catacombs. Very innovative and unique!

Raider: Spooky add-ons, I love the trees, this could work very well with some simple blinking animation! :D Scary little creatures watching you through branches~ Nice idea with planted little gardens too, my sister actually made something very similar once since we don't have a backyard, just a balcony. Could be used just for that, balconies! Or a restaurant with these on top of the building! So many ideas!

Slimm: Ah great match with Averys bust! :)  I love the sprite a lot as much as I adore those very Eastery icons. The wings that you made looks exceptionally lovely.

Thalzon: I always liked how much you can stay consistent within you battlers, thats actually something that is very hard to pull off yet you do it over and over again without losing your touch. Great ideas on those battlers, and as always very unique and pleasing designs were pull off just with a spark of a simple theme. :D I love the weirdos the most~ Why? Because they are extremely ADORABLE!

M U S I C
    Blinn:

Delirium: Great ambient effect for a horror game~ It gives away a good and solid atmosphere of an abandoned building or some asylum. As if something is just luring in the shadows to catch you but never reveals itself.

Laser Beam: Fantastic weapon effect or some king of sci-fi device that destroys the planets with a simple blast, of course it would have to follow up with a huge BOOM!

Magical Spell: It sounds a lot as if the spell has failed, or some magical barrier was broken down, very cool and can be used for a variety of different situations, something that everyone is always found of.

DesperateMeasurez:

I always thought your an amazing composer but dayum, you can easily paint a picture in a head of anyone who listens to your music, its always has a definite theme and a very strong atmosphere, with that being said I'll move to these fantastic soundtracks.

Highland Castle: Ah, I feel like Im on one of the mountains located in the Middle Earth universe, right of the bat I'm found in the highest peak and then the song takes me across the land. With the castle being as a final destination. Superb work on this one. So many feels and so many emotions, defiantly a must in an epic journey game!

Lurking Evil: dayum you! When I though the first one is going to be hard to beat, you come up with this divine peace, or should I say terrifying! D; I love the vocals! Such a strong soundtrack, it takes you to places you don't want to be in, yet you wish you could explore, evil dark and empty catacombs, champers of castles and so on.

Under Siege!: The title is spot on! Seems as if some kind of battle is about to take place, I wouldn't call it a war but a definite clashing. I noticed your tracks tend to take us places and not only one specific one but over the whole area. ;D Amazing work on all of these!

MsLittlefish

Bad, Bad Friends: Very stylish song, something I would imagine in a point and click game actually, atmospheric and chill, very suited for a point for a game where you have to explore and connect pieces together. :)  Great work! I would love to see more form you in the future!

Soundray

Cloud Castles: Very relaxing piece, something you should be using in the exploration part of the game for sure. I really like the calmness of the guitar as well as this chilling tune~

Fear in the Flowers: Another calm one, fits the title actually, I can imagine a nice meadow or open forest, defiantly an open area of sort. The melody is so calming too. Ah, I actually just want to sit and not to anything. Ah, thats right I still have an adventure to go on to~ :D Marvelous atmosphere.

Just like Magic: So calming today~ I wonder if that was your theme for this set? :)  Very moody this one, kind of like before storm feeling.

Little Addiction: Ah, something a tad darker I see. This was takes me up the darker streets or darker alleys, I can also sense some sci-fi maybe? Yeah nice and adventurous with a hint of dangerous streets.

Serendipity: Oh I love that instrument in the background very arabic like. Could be used for some sart of club, maybe like a hookah place.

Ships in the Night: I like the title, fitting. Quite sea at night, could imagine some beautiful starts guiding the sailors too.

Sunlight: The vibe is spectacular in this one! Very desert like, never ending desert kind of a thing. Vastly stretching around you, yet it doesn't bother you since your mostly immersed in the beautiful setting. Very cool tune!

That Which Lurks: We going dark again. Ah you have a knack for making your music calming but having different vibes and feeling throughout each song, I can defiantly tell this now. Dark and atmosphere but this one has some kind of deep and dark past as well, wonderful track for a story based game.

Whiplash: This track, you know what? I see it as a credit song! Thats right its a perfect song for ending a game on a happy note, remembering everything you have done so far. :D

Writ of Dreams: This one gives me the feeling of open possibilities, perhaps thats why the title has dreams in them, very open space but bendable. Anything can happen. Actually thats very unique and different, I would love to see it used in a game.

Overall I really did enjoy your soundtracks and you really have some cool guitar skills, very calming set but with a huge variety.

​
    S C R I P T
    Fomar

When I saw the script in the discussion thread I think I went ballistic, I know I won't use it since my RPG Maker skills are practically non-existents. :D Steam you lie when it shows over 100 hours. XD However I can see so many people benefiting from it! Creating a new part with the jobs? DIABLO GAME! Come on! After this restaff thats all I want! Or something similar to that, with these resources and this amazing script!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2015
  17. SoundRay

SoundRay Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks to everyone leaving feedback, really is quite something taking time to do so and I appreciate it. I threw a lot out there to see what sank or swam, so the next restaff I can hit it full throttle, once I get a few requests cleared up.

I'll be doing the same when I have a few spare hours to do it proper but goin by the teasers its all really tasty guys.

Thanks again all ;)

Bonkers, Matseb2611 and Susan like this.
  18. Blinn

Blinn Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    To all who left feedback on our submissions, I want to thank each and every one of you. :)

You have no idea how happy we are to see it; as it drives us to continue our work. Sometimes when we're having a rough time and we're exhausted, seeing some comments and helpful input on our work gives us a second wind, and our newfound vigor shows up in the resources we make for these monthly ReStaff bundles!

DesperateMeasurez and Matseb2611 like this.
  19. DesperateMeasurez

DesperateMeasurez Darren Curtis Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Sorry for the delayed response everyone. I wasn't trying to be rude, I've just been a little delayed this past month and had to catch up. I wanted to thank each of you for the feedback but didn't have the proper time and I didn't want to rush something out.

@Dreadshadow: Thank you very much! Yes, it would seem Highland Castle has received a nice response. I'm very happy and I hope it's able to help some people out. The choir is comprised of vocal samples from a couple different vst libraries. I've done a little eq work on them but I haven't pitch-stretched them or anything.

@Avery: Thank you! I appreciate it the kind words! No worries. I'm terrible at providing feedback for graphics simply because I don't know what I'm talking about or how to approach it. I just know if I like the way something looks or not. I really enjoyed your Spring Goddess and Irish girl busts. I had a nice harp track in mind for the Irish girl but sadly time and events did not permit me to work on it past some brainstorming. Excellent work!

@hiddenone: Thank you! I hope they can help in some way!

@matseb: Thanks a lot, man! Yeah, the tone to those two is a bit similar. I'm glad you enjoyed! I really liked the angels and golems you did. Especially the Wood Golem. It reminded me a little of the Dendroid guys from Heroes of Might and Magic 3. Nice work! I've seen a preview of what you're doing for this coming release and I think people are going to love it!

@Amysaurus: Thank you! I love using piano. Especially for creepy things. It's such a versatile instrument. And I'm glad to hear you didn't think the battle theme was too in your face. That's exactly what I wanted it to be. Nothing too overbearing while still giving off the atmosphere of a fight. Thanks!

@ksjp17: Thanks! I'm glad you liked them. Yes, I do like the sound of bells. I'll have to try to steer clear from them a bit for the next release just to get some different stuff out. I'm glad these are different enough! These pieces were actually several months old just sitting on my computer. I decided to compose the ending sections and let them see the light of day. Due to some constraints, I didn't have as much time to work on this like I'd wanted. Many thanks!

@Dalph: Thanks, man! Sure, I can definitely try my hand at some more battle stuff. I was just looking through my resource thread and saw I only had a couple of those posted, so I can try to pad that section out a bit! I appreciate the suggestion. I definitely want to know what people like and want so I can try to target that if/when I get time.

@Bukarett: Thank you very much! You're too kind. I'm glad you enjoyed them! It makes me very glad to know the music can take you places like that. That's a very big compliment to me! I really enjoyed your battlers too. Especially that knight guy with the armor and staff. I thought he was awesome! I hope we get to see more!

A big thanks to everyone again. I really appreciate it. My apologies if I accidentally missed somebody! I hope everyone is well!

Bukarett, Matseb2611 and Dalph like this.
  20. TygerBurnz

TygerBurnz Crouching Monkey, Hidden Trickster Veteran

First Language:
    English
    *grabs* Yay! I'll definitely take a close look at those trees especially.