ReStaff August 2015

Discussion in 'Resource Staff Releases' started by Caz, Aug 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Caz

Caz Green Eyes Blonde Dragon Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Per usual:
    Information about Commercial usage can be found here.
    If you want to be a Guest Contributor, go here!

We are always open to guest contributions and would love to
    see your work if you want to contribute, so please don't be
    shy! You can shoot me a PM with any questions
    regarding becoming a Guest!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    DOWNLOAD RESTAFF AUGUST 2015

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    puMaDee, Loralei, PandaMaru and 27 others like this.
  2. Caz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    An announcement regarding contributors:

This will be Matseb's final participation in a ReStaff release. Due to some conflicts of interest, it has been decided that Matseb will be parting ways with the ReStaff team.

He has been an incredible merit to these packs, and I hope you have all enjoyed the resources he has provided and continue to enjoy and use them. He is still available on the forums, and of course has his own projects that you can support him in, but we wish him the best of luck from here on out and thank him for all he has contributed to this community.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2015
  3. Silenity

Silenity Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    hawt stuff

4. RyanA

RyanA Happy Cat Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Great stuff as always :3

5. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    In Avery's resources, there's a Readme file, but it's empty. What did she want to tell us? :)

6. Avery

Avery Sleeping Dinosaur Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Oh f***...

Yeah, I still have the editor open and didn't save.

ShinGamix, djDarkX, Bribolox and 3 others like this.
  7. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Nice work as always everyone!

DesperateMeasurez likes this.
  8. Pine

Pine Biggest Tree in the Forest Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Woop woop!

Now who do I bother about a pretty badge? :p

Seriel likes this.
  9. Seriel

Seriel Veteran Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Same here! :p

Feels strange having my work in a ReStaff :D

[​IMG]

DesperateMeasurez likes this.
  10. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Avery – How I wish I’d had that tent a while back, but too late now.  What is particularly useful is having different entrances so that one can map with some variety of layout.  Even though I’m not using big icons, I can think of a use for that key, so it will come in handy.  Absolutely great that you’ve done portraits to match slimmmeiske’s sprites.  So much more useful when there are portraits as well.

Banquo – I’m not using this style of tile/character at the moment, but I think these will be very popular with those who are.  It’s good to see non-fantasy stuff to add greater diversity of possible game settings.

Caz – diagonal walls, on practically everyone’s wish list, so great to see some.  Nice palette on these, too. I particularly like the green against the coloured brick wall.

hiddenone – I particularly like having the non-flying version of the birds as well.  It means I can have one or two perched on buildings while others fly around.  It will look better than only ever having flying ones.  And nice to get some new ones, too, as I’ve used and re-used the same ones so often that I can hardly bear to look at them any more.  The same goes for the rabbits, and without testing it looks like they have a different movement from the ones I have at the moment. And a centaur base that the more artistically challenged (ahem) can use! Great.

matseb – those ‘make your own screen’/HUD items are just so incredibly useful.  Thank you for thinking of doing these.  Love the BoogyMan, and the fogs will come in very handy as well.

Nanokan – there can never be enough world tiles, so thank you for these.  The thing that particularly stands out for me is the forest with mixed trees, a great addition imo.

Palladinthug – new balloons, and in a different style.  I personally am not a big user of balloons, but if I do, it’s nice that there is now more choice.

Pine – variety seems to be the sub-theme for this release, in that here we are with more new varieties, this time of dogs.  I’ve been struck by how often people will go to great lengths to make different looking NPCs, but are stuck with a small number of dogs and cats, so this is a case where more is more.

Slimmmeiske2 – I love the sprites, each one so distinct and with the appropriate features to match the name.  And great that there are 2 versions of the Snow Queen to allow for different requirements.

Thalzon – those are so funny! But I am deeply glad I don’t live in your house if that is what your fridge produces.  The monster under the bed – every child’s nightmare made tangible.  As for the dust bunny, I think I’ve met a few of those around the place.  Hmm, perhaps it’s time for a clean up before something sneaks up behind me.

Valkyriet – love the Hatter, and that tail is a delight.  The panda bed will be excellent for a child’s bedroom.

DesperateMeasurez – it starts off so sad, almost like it’s going to be a lament/elergy, but then changed, almost as if the sadness was slightly mocking my reaction so that I listened to the remainder almost as if there were 2 people involved, me and the music.  Who was responding to whom?  Sorry if that’s not very clear, but that’s how it struck me.

Macatlas – All 3 tracks did a good job of providing an aural rendition of the titles.  I thought Pandor’as Box was particularly successful at that.

Ms Littlefish – I’m a sucker for piano, so no prizes for guessing which version I prefer.  Although the town may have no name, it is not a monochrome depiction, because there is enough colour in the music to convey the fact that this town has many different people with different hopes/dreams/occupations/preoccupations.  Naturally that’s more obvious with the different instruments in the second version, but I think even the single piano manages to bring this out.

Fomar – great, at long last a visual explanation for why our heroes have no tops to their heads.  I’m going to have real fun making some borders.  It doesn’t specify, but I assume that the graphic goes in the Faces folder – is that correct?

Jackus – once I had wrestled your demos from out of the clutches of my anti-virus program, I found these two snippets very interesting indeed.  Now I’m sat here thinking – “how can I use these?”, rather than the more sensible – “I should remember these for when I have a use for them”.  That reaction is always a good sign that someone has come up with something worth having.

EDIT - DesperateMeasurez

I've just read the note included with your track, and now understand my reaction better.

11. Seriel

Seriel Veteran Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    What's that supposed to mean? o_0

:p

12. Yangfly Master

Yangfly Master Jack of All Trades, you know, the Lone Wolf. Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Man... Why DropBox?

Why don't continue with MediaFire?

Anyway, there's some nice stuff there, going to check them soon.

ShinGamix likes this.
  13. Banquo

Banquo scoundrel Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow, Nanokan's world tiles are some of the best I've ever seen! o_O

14. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @ Jackus

The first bit is because Norton was determined to remove these as it was convinced the .exe was a virus and I had to persuade it to give me the files back again as it deleted them.

The second bit is that because I like what the snippets do, I started thinking of ways of using them.  However, from a game development point of view, it is probably better when scripts are used to meet an existing need.  So what I said was a compliment.

Seriel likes this.
  15. Seriel

Seriel Veteran Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Ah, okay.

Well these are my first 2 scripts, so enjoy them.

I have trouble coming up with things to make scripts of, because most things are already covered. :p

16. Caz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Contribution badges will be sorted at the end of the month when the feedback badges are handed out too. :D  

There was a big argument about using MediaFire in the last thread so I moved to Dropbox because it's ad-free and it's reliable. Can I ask why you dislike it?

17. Yangfly Master

Yangfly Master Jack of All Trades, you know, the Lone Wolf. Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Wont these get lost in the future, like what happened with Yanfly and Victor Sant?

Thats my only thought.

Sorry if it sounded like a critique.

sokita likes this.
  18. Caz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Provided I keep the folders alive, they will be there permanently. We have a multitude of backups for all of the resources too, dating way back to early 2012.

Don't worry, if anything happens, we'll make sure there's a way people can still access them!

19. NeoFantasy

NeoFantasy Building Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Another great restaff.

Town with no name reminds me of the theme for Kakorico village :D

20. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    It's because Free dropbox account had a policy change. the ReStaff dropbox is paid.