Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the kind words, Caz. I've had a great time contributing to ReStaff and I do very much hope that people find my contributions useful. I'll no doubt still be making resources every now and then and posting them in other places. :D :thumbsup-left:

Going to look through all the stuff very soon and hopefully will leave feedback for the other contributors.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lovely stuff, guys!  :wub:

Graphics

Avery - I now want to make a game where the final boss is a maid.  I like that you included different doorways for the tent, since it means that a site full of tents won't have to look exactly the same.  More busts are always nice, though there's something about USA's eyes that look off to me.

Banquo - I love that style of tiles, so it's great to see new things.  I really like the look of the lockers.

Caz - Yay pub tiles!  Perfect for setting the scene where the hero has to recruit the grizzled alcoholic mercenary.

Matseb - Another bunch of great stuff.  I love the binary fogs, and those screens will be useful for anyone making a modern game.  I like the piles of gold with bones, if that doesn't tell you you're about to get attacked by a boss nothing will.

Nanokan - Lovely world tiles.  I really like the ice palaces.

Palladinthug - POP horror style balloons?  Yes please. :)

Pine - More dogs are always nice.  It would be interesting to see fluffier versions of your sprites.

Slimmmeiske2 - Great sprites, I especially like the Snow Queen.  It's wonderful that your sprites match Avery's busts.

Thalzon - A fun collection of monsters.  I giggled at Bump in the Night, and I think that Fridge Mold is currently awaiting a challenger in my fridge (I should probably fight it once I level up).

Valkyriet - It's an interesting sprite, and I want to steal his hat.  The panda bed's adorable, if I had one I would never get up again.
 Music
DesperateMeasurez - I really like this song.  It seems like it would work well in a haunted house, or something similar.

Macatlas - All three songs are nice and calming.  I can tell why you said they'd work well with puzzle games.

Ms Littlefish - Both versions are wonderful, but I think I like the piano version just a little bit more.

Scripts
Fomar - Such a simple idea, but I love it.  I always wondered why the faces were just plopped onto the messages.

Jackus - Nice little scripts.  I can see these being used in quite a few different ways.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:)

Graphics

@Valkyriet So, that panda bed is pretty cute. It actually looks really comfy. I'd totally sleep there.

@Thalzon Your imagination continues to impress me. Fridge mold truly is a monster. Everyone has that food container in the back that they've grown extremely suspicious of.

@Slim I love all things relating to fantasy, fairies, and princesses. So, I adore these. And your collab with Avery makes this an even more exciting release. 

@Pine A variety of animal sprites are appreciated. I like that these look to be some smaller breeds of dogs. 

@Palladinthug POP balloons! I make gratuitous use balloons so these will definitely see some use from me.

@Nanokan Oh! World tiles! Excellent. These are always highly requested so I think these will make many happy. Keep it up! 

@Masteb I really like the "build your own screen" pieces and the binary fogs. Every release you've made tons upon tons of wonderfully creative items. Thank you for all your time and hard work. And, good luck!

@Hiddenone From one animal lover to another, yes, I need and will use all five colors of rabbits. Also! DS/DS+ centaur. Awwwww, yeah! 

@Caz I've probably told you 8000 times. But, I love your DS/DS+ tiles and I look forward to your contribution every Restaff. Brick and stone walls are something I love and will use a lot. I especially adore the shape of this building facade.

@Banquo Excellent, more POP stuff! I think these selections you've made play with the horror themes in the set while offering a new sci-fi/industrial twist. They mesh very well. Hope you consider making more. 

@Avery Seeing your portraits match Slim's sprites is exactly the type of stuff I love about Restaff. As always I admire the immense variety of resources you make as well. Great job!

Music

@Macatlas Your selections are all nicely atmospheric and soothing. I love the fullness you get from a synthesizer.  However, I think the length of theses songs gave them little room to develop. Personally I think they're a tad too short. That, said. I think they would make great interludes between scenes because of that fact, also.

@DesparateMeasurez I love the dark almost noir sound of this piece and the whimsical details in the melody as well. I do have a slight issue with where the oboe is panned. I have trouble hearing it over there, actually. Sounds almost a tad muffled? Especially against those strong bass strikes at the beginning.

Scripts

@Jackus I'm not so script savvy but I think the common event on load would actually be rather useful. Even I can understand what to do with that. :D

@Fomar It's always nice to add ease to one's decorative flair.

Banquo

scoundrel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ms Littlefish:

Working on a bunch of character sprites for POP right now. I hope you guys like giant roaches! :guffaw:

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, gosh. Too scary for me. That means it's perfect.  :rswt:

NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Jackus. Thank you so much. OMFG I needed that EventID script so much and this just came at the perfect time! :)

BeardBro

I think this line's mostly filler.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Woo, so glad to be a part of the ReStaff this time around! Everyone did a spectacular job; I feel like the resources get better every time.

Also, thank you for the comments so far on my contributions. @Ms Littlefish, in the future I'll add some length to the tracks so they have time to culminate. Thanks for that suggestion.

Bribolox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I love that maid battler by Avery, and Thalzon's dust bunny made me laugh out loud in the best possible way!

GolfHacker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wow, this one has a lot of content! Nice work guys!

@Avery: Love all the new portraits, especially the horse! I so want to add a talking horse to my game now! I also love the new tree and tent!

@Banquo: I love the atmosphere created by your tiles. This style doesn't fit my game, but I'm sure someone can use them.

@Caz: Great work, as usual!

@Hiddenone: love the birds and rabbits! I'll make sure these find a home in my forests. And that centaur base - cool!

@Matseb: Wow! Another huge collection of graphics! I don't know how you find time to do these, plus commissions like mine, plus your own projects! Amazing, sir! I'll miss your ReStaff contributions, but am glad to know you're still available for commission work.

@Nanokan: Thanks for the shiny new world tiles! I can't use these in my current project, but they are a nice addition nonetheless.

@Palladinthug: Nice new pixelated balloons! Are these for the DS style or some other style? There's no readme to indicate what style these go with...

@Pine: nice dogs! I love that Scottish terrier!

@Slimmmeiske2: nice sprites! I like how you and Avery collaborated on the matching sprites and portraits. Good job!

@Thalzon: Cool battlers! That monster under the bed looks creepy!  :)

@Valkyriet: nice to see some more unusual kinds of graphics. That panda bed is a neat idea!

@DesperateMeasurez: nice track! Very atmospheric! Love the piano and subtle vocals.

@Macatlas: Interesting music. Has a definite new age feel to it. It doesn't fit my current project, but I'm sure it will be perfect for someone's game!

@Ms Littlefish: that's a nice relaxing town track! Some town tracks are too bouncy and happy for my taste, but I liked this one. And I love how you provided 2 versions. Nice touch!

@Fomar: a face border! I'm surprised nobody has thought of that before now! And such a simple script. Well done, sir!

@Jackus: those are two handy little utility scripts! Thanks!

Arteria

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Great Stuff like always, thanks for the ReStaff!

i really like the bust's and tent from Avery.. and this pretty maid.

Nanokan has also some good Worldmap Stuff like always!

Banquo's stuff reminds me of Fallout x3 nice stlye.

And the other stuff is also great, thanks again :3

Pine

Biggest Tree in the Forest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
@Pine: nice dogs! I love that Scottish terrier!
That's what it is?

Like I said, I suck at naming dog races. I made them just based on what I see when I walk around the street.

Also, thanks everyone for the nice comments. I know it's a small contribution, but I'm always happy to keep giving stuff.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you all for the feedback and supportive comments. Yes, I'll certainly be hanging around the place, making new stuff, and still taking on the commissions. :)

Thought I'd leave some feedback too. I do apologise if some of it isn't much, and I also do apologise for not getting back to everyone, but hopefully what's there will be useful and/or uplifting:

Banquo: Nice gritty vibe on those tiles and perfectly fits the Pop Horror pack. Would certainly be nice to see more of stuff like this from you in the future.

Caz: Good work on that pub. ‘McCazzens’ made me laugh. Now I’m getting a bit of a déjà vu. Is this to go along with the other pub tiles you made before?

Hiddenone: Good thinking on the variety of animals. I don’t think we’ve ever had the bunnies before, so this is very nice. And I like all the different coloured birds too, especially considering they get both a flying and a sitting pose. Perhaps in the future, it would be great to see some wild and more exotic animals too (e.g. hedgehogs, meerkats, perhaps the large felines).

Nanokan: I don’t personally use the world map tiles, but it’s a great idea to have more of them, since this is one of those resources that is often overlooked in the community. I especially like the icy mountains with a palace.

Palladinthug: Balloons are another thing I almost never use. But it looks like you’ve found something that was missing in the community and done a great job at it, man. I assume these go with Pop Horror, Time Fantasy, and perhaps even DS?

Pine: More variety of dogs is a good idea, since RTP only has one, which appears in every game. Would love to see more dog breeds done like this (e.g. Jack-Russells, Huskies, Poms, German Shepherds).

Thalzon: Wow, these are really strange. The bogeyman is of course my favourite. I very much like your depiction of it, and hence why I decided to make a matching sprite for it.

Valkyriet: That’s a pretty sprite. The design and colours are certainly nice, but what art style would it go with best?

Desperate Measurez: Really love how dark and melancholy this track is. Very emotion inspiring and kind of reflective. The piano is simply beautiful. I’ve got to find a project to use it in at some point.

Macatlas: Some interesting tunes there. Quiet Revelations is easily my favourite, since I really like how cosmic it feels, almost like I’m flying among the stars in space and reflecting upon my life. Pebbled Roads has a similar sort of feel in places too. But Pandora’s Box felt really short without much happening.

Ms Littlefish: I like the light-hearted fantastical feel with a degree of nostalgia that this tune gives. It reminds me a bit of the older Final Fantasy games and other old-school RPGs.

Fomar: Oh wow! You totally made a script to go with those portrait frames I made. That’s great. Thank you very much. It should make things a lot easier than having to photoshop them in to individual face images.

Jackus: Interesting scripts. I can see them being useful, though I struggle to come up with ways to use them myself at the moment. They’re no doubt good utility scripts to have at hand. Now I wonder what other similar stuff you can come up with.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dalph - is that a Mister Gutsy robot behind the counter? Looks like one.

Banquo

scoundrel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome! You've created a bunch of Vault assets, too. One step closer to an RM Fallout game.
Any resemblance to a certain post-apocalyptic game is purely coincidental, of course. :p  

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I keep forgetting how much I hate how VX-MV implements fences and autotile tables.
Big 10:40 composition of mine! I'll be using this for a big city in my current project! This track is huge, and took me one entire month of full time work to complete. If you want more info, like on the lyrics, check out this thread.
Balancing the Damage numbers in my Game's Battle System makes me feel like I'm some kind of a Math Genius @_@
Remember, you can enter up to THREE effects for a chance to win a copy of MZ! Only 11 submissions so far, the chances of winning is high! :D https://itch.io/jam/elfkisser

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooglerampage