ReStaff Birthday Bash and February 2014!

Discussion in 'Resource Staff Releases' started by Archeia, Mar 12, 2014.

?

Do you watch ReStaff preview vids?

1. Yes

76 vote(s)
    53.5%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    16.2%
  3. Sometimes

43 vote(s)
    30.3%
    Tags:
  1. Lars Ulrika

Lars Ulrika I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    dayum, I always promise myself to come back with some new track and never find the time to. Downloading the pack right now that sounds awesome, thanks everybody for this!

And Scythuz , how do you find the time to make all those tracks? Tell me your secret! 

2. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    On the topic of crossfading, I like the idea and the demo you did and would like to see it more :)

McTricky likes this.
  3. Jomarcenter

Jomarcenter jomarcenter-MJM Veteran

First Language:
    ENGLISH
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Umm... Some of the resources file are in .PSD (Photoshop document) and since the Full version is totally expensive and my trial has expired a few month ago. I couldn't access some of the resources files. :(

4. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    GIMP can open PSD files.

5. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I have a secret army of poodles and hamsters that do my bidding!

Caz, Candacis and Lars Ulrika like this.
  6. Lars Ulrika

Lars Ulrika I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Then where do you find such talented animals lol. 

7. Scythuz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I have my sources.....

Archeia, Lars Ulrika and Jonnie91 like this.
  8. kj3400

kj3400 Hmph Master Veteran

Baltimore, MD, N America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    My goodness you all spoil us so...Thank you for this. One day I'll have to contribute something. One day XD

9. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain) Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A freakin-damned-cursed-ugly blackout has shutdown my pc so I had to write everything again...ugh.

Anyway, I was away 3 days for a short job-trip and now that I'm returned I see all this stuff! This was a pleasant surprise...that's an huge amount of useful materials! Seriously guys you're amazing!

I tried every single thing in the pack (took me around 2 hours to import and test everything correctly in the tool) and I believe that was really worth it, the materials are awesome and very useful!

A word to the users here:

Give feedback to the Resource ReStaff, they worked very hard to provide you all these gorgeous materials, so they absolutely deserve it.

Here's my feedback, beware that the post is huge like a titan in Shingeki no Kyojin:

GRAPHIC

@Archeia:

WOW! Alice in Wonderland and Little Red Riding Hood! They look beautiful! And I freakin' love the colours you used... *_*

I would love to see also Cinderella and Snow White in future, so I can make a sort of Kingdom Hearts game...ahah

It would've been interesting also to see the Queen of Hearts and\or the Red Queen from Alice's books.

(these are just suggestion, not requests...lol)

I also love the quality and the variety of the iconset (the clothes are like arabic and\or desert stuff, uh?), awesome.

Anyway, it's a masterful work Nessy! Your artstyle is perfection! I want your hands! To do art...don't misunderstand me! :D

@Caz:

Cyril is awesome! I like the character so much and your artstyle is gorgeous, we need more badass cowboy heroes now that the wildwest resource pack is out! YAY! Also pretty awesome job on the tilesets edits, these are very useful for a wildwest game.

Oh and congrats for becoming Blue (aka part of the ResourceStaff), you deserve it!

Here have a blue cup of tea...bwahahah:

http://s5.favim.com/orig/51/tea-cup-daisy-flower-blue-Favim.com-542486.jpg

@Matseb2611:

Other gorgeous wildwest materials! Awesome, I already said to Scythuz that I particularly loved your saloon doors (there are a must-have for a wildwest game), oh and pretty good job on the RTP characters\zombies...they're scary and very well made!

Ralph scares the hell out of me now...ahahahah

@PandaMaru:

I'm a fan of your work, I already said it a lot of times but I'm not tired to repeat it!

Your tiles are gorgeous, I dunno how you manage to create such things from the RTP. You're probably one of the best tileset artists around. We need more modern resources too! Lovely work...seriously, and those street signs...omg...I have no words. I tried the whole tiles and they look awesome ingame. I would love to see some cars in future. :D

@Sharm:

It's Ralph in pixel art...wohoooooooo! By looking at him I get Snes nostalgia...ahahah (all those awesome and old pixeled games), anyway you have my vote Sharm, you're too awesome, he looks great and masterfully done.

We also need more RTP faces in pixel art, if you manage to create an Ulrika too in future I will be extremely grateful.

I love pixel art, I'm also currently learning it (although like a slowpoke)...but I'm determined to improve.

@Strawberrii & Candancis:

WOW! Awesome sprite and faces! I particularly love the black girl and her afro-hairstyle...she's sexy. Great work to you both!

I would like to see a sprite of her in future! :D

@Thalzon:

You know you're increasing my bestiary over and over with your awesome battlers? Thank God you're here, or I would've ripped the battlers from other games (since there aren't a lot of battlers in the same style)...ahahah

I love the fact that you've turned the RTP characters into battlers, that's exactly what I was hoping to see.

Awesome work Thalzon, I love your battlers, let's make this dayum bestiary bigger and bigger...lol

@Allusion:

wtf? That's fantastic, it's a complete set of a character with a Kaduki sprite, facesets with emotions, a portrait and a banner!

Lovely work, and the girl looks lovely too (is she a girl, right? I hope so because she looks it), and she looks like a sexy and badass female hero!

@ChaosAvian:

I always liked how you colour your art, you have a charming and clean style, great job on Eric and the Demonic Ralphia is hot! (now I'll repeat myself, is she a girl, right?) I don't want ugly surprises...ahah

But I guess she's a girl, since she's got boobs. XD

Something tells me that ChaosAvian here is as perverted as me...ahahah

@EvilEagles\Alex Christin:

Everything in DS style is worth to be on my hard-disk, if you're the artist then, downloading and using the materials is a must!

I particularly love the variety of the carpets (even if I hate carpets IRL...don't ask me why, I just hate them...ahah).

Lovely work! :D

@Hollow:

WOW! They both look great and awesome! Great job! But I have a question (again for the third time...XD), the mage is a boy or a girl?

Or it's supposed to be androgynous in some way? If yes I think it's completely normal that I'm confused then...lol

I had also a lot of troubles with Sairen in PrinPrin...ahahah

@KingDanner:

Long-dead soldiers sprite are certainly useful for every game, clever idea and execution. Good work man! :)

@Ocean:

I spotted Naia's clothes!!!! Is she naked now??!? :p

Whatever, Eric is still too busy at trying to bang Sairen...so he will never know it...XD

Awesome icons.

@Hirei:

Last, but not last by any means we have...Hirei with ULRIKA and ALUXES! Hirei is one of the best artists here, her work is amazing!

I already said that I love Ulrika so much, she's the perfect woman to me, and she looks even hotter when Hirei draws her...ahahah

Now we have both the young and the old Ulrika in Hirei's awesome and professional artstyle!...sniff...I'm so happy...

Aluxes looks great, charming and calm...heck! he looks even more charming than me! I'm sure the girls here will love him! XD

If Ralph will be the next (or maybe Noah, since he's my favourite RTP character), I'll worship you for the rest of my life...I already said this...

MUSIC

@Archeia and DjDarkX:

Awesome remixes! They're remixes right?

I don't have VX nor 2k3, so I can't compare with the originals but the themes are fantastic, Battle1 can fit for both a medieval and a sci-fi game (it's very heroic), Sorrow instead is very touching and sad....

Great job guys! I love the themes! I'm surprised that Archeia can also do remixes...let's be honest here, there's something that woman can't do? :D

@DesperateMeasurez:

You scared the hell out of me with The Witch's Lair (seriously, that's creepy as hell and awesome), I had to take "Desperate Measurez" to listen to it fully without getting scared...ahahahah

ugh...I'm sorry but couldn't resist man...

This evil theme can fit for a twisted villain or a dark dungeon I think, I love it. Gentle Spirit is very nice and softly, it has a peaceful medieval feel in it, I believe it can fit for a village and\or a main character. You're a very talented composer DM.

@JohnnyR:

You're the guy who challenged me and AstoXx in Punch Bears? :)

Let's see, wow 6 themes! Sunny Afternoon is probably my favourite among them, I like the peaceful feeling that the theme gives, and Deep Under the Sea really gives me the impression of being underwater...wow, great work man!

Pretty awesome job with all these themes!

@Kairi:

Playing Around is very funny...ahahah I love it, I believe it can fit for both a funny character and\or a funny scene, and KXP - Theme04 is a sad heartbreaker...a tragedy (I'm sad right now...this song has the power to make me sad...) and is probably my favourite, it can fit for the death of an hero or a friend...or whatever. Lovely themes.

@McTricky:

I love your battle themes, you're a talented composer, and I love the clever idea that you used Neon's Black Script to fade and change the audio during battles (we need more clever stuff like that). This is very neat, I'm impressed. :D

@Scythuz:

Oh boy here we go. Where to start...11 themes man? Seriously, 11...you're insane and awesome at the same time.

I believe you had to take Desperate Measurez to do that...but I'm not so sure, but wtf? again...11 themes!

Thank God you're around (with all your mountain of awesomeness) or else I would be doomed, I'm a fan of your music and I hate ripping music themes from other videogames. I also have a lot of troubles in finding these Royality free music sites for free music (too many license crap, particular terms of use, messy links...who wants to deal with that crap?), and I love adding a music theme for every main character in my games.

Awesome job on the Ralph's themes, I believe Angelic as Ralph Battle Theme can fit for a final boss theme, it's divine and epic! Let there be Ralph makes me sad...(I never thought to have been able to feel sad for Ralph...ahah).

Wild Wild Cyril is probably my favourite however, what's awesome about it is the strong wildwest feel in it, and that it reminds me so much about Wild Arms (one of my favourite Rpg series), plus I think it really fits with Caz's character. You've both done a great job with that character...I have no words...too awesome for simple words...

So you want to be a necromancer is a theme that can fit for a guy like me...ahahah (creepy, twisted, evil stuff with a touch of sadness). Great job on all the themes however, you're one of the best composers here. :D

SCRIPTS

@NeonBlack:

The Event Chase is fantastic, it gives a lot of control over the event chases, you can basically modify everything you want, woah! This is a professional script. You're a talented scripter, I also loved the customization in your CP's Battle Engine (it's off-topic but I had to say it).

Lovely work on the Skill Display script, the popup looks so great in battle. :)

@Racheal and Makio-Kuta:

Maki-chan and Rach! You two together are unstoppable! :D

This is awesome! It's certainly a must if someone uses random encounters in a game, by using it you'll always know  when you're in danger or not! Fantastic work to you both!

You're both too kind and talented.

A special thanks to you Makio for creating Punch Bears and doing the gorgeous custom art of my game and to Racheal for helping me with a script (you saved my life). Thanks a lot to you both for your work.

@Yami:

Your BS is the best script ever created for RM to me, it's a shame that nobody can use the true potential of the Symphony Tags (but I can! and I will use the full power of the script in my game!!!!)...XD

Let's see...5 scripts! Awesome! I assume the Lunatic Damage Package Effects are add-ons to Yanfly scripts?

The Package Reverse Damage is a must to me, it's some sort of reverse healing\zombie status if I understood correctly. Finally! I needed something like this! You're one of the best scripters around Yami!

@Zalerinian:

The Jack of all Errors...ahahah

WOW 5 scripts! Amazing job man.

God bless you for the Scriptbox Error Info, that thing is a must have, it's certainly helpful when you got a random script error and you don't know how to deal with it. Also pretty awesome job with the Console and the Keyboard Manager, it's more fast and effective to change the controls with your script. Awesome work.

@Galv:

Dash! Dash! Let's dash even in cutscenes! This is certainly helpful Galv! Thanks for creating it!

Offtopic: I particularly love your mirror effect, the custom menu and the fishing minigame scripts (I forgot the full names of the scripts because my memory is terrible...ahahah).

I already told you 100 times that you're an awesome scripter...now 101 with this one, ahah

@Kread-Ex:

This is awesome, it adds more picture move frames...amazing! I personally use a lot of pictures in my projects so this will be certainly helpful. Great work!

@Trihan:

May God bless you for this, this is great and a must-have, since (if I'm not mistaken) you can't tint the showed pictures ingame. Awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
    Susan, JohnnyR, Chaos Avian and 14 others like this.
  10. Palsa

Palsa General of Aurda Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I like it, though I'm not sure if I'll be able to use it at this point, since I haven't decided on which way to go with the battle system for my projects, or if I'll use one at all.

But I think it would be a pretty awesome feature to have, so I'll try to work it in if I can. :)

McTricky likes this.
  11. Candacis

Candacis Pixel Pusher Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Thank you, Dalph!

Feedback is always welcome.

Since the ReStaff is so huge this time, it will take people some time to discover everything, I think :)

Dalph likes this.
  12. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Dalph: I think it'd be fun to do all the RTP characters this way, and Ulrika is planned for the first girl character. I have to be careful though, I need to focus more on doing the stuff for the store and the only way I can justify making the RTP characters is if I get a lot of positive feedback. I'm very happy you like it!

Hirei and Dalph like this.
  13. Deleted

Deleted The Champion of Uncertainty :D Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey Dalph, thanks so much for your kind words. It's a really nice feeling when someone gives positive feedback for something you've created, it makes it all worth while. Thnx everyone! 

Dalph likes this.
  14. Scythuz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Someone give this guy a medal/badge/pizza for actually taking the time to feedback everything!

Also, thanks a lot to the new people who contributed this month, you all did great and we hope to see more of you!

15. Caz

Caz Green Eyes Blonde Dragon Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think we can all agree that Dalph is a right top bloke. But really, thanks man! You are all kinds of awesome.  :D <3

[​IMG]

Archeia, Matseb2611, Candacis and 3 others like this.
  16. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain) Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Caz:

I know...I know...and I'm also handsome IRL! XD

I hope you won't mind if I add your gorgeous cup of tea in my signature.

Jokes aside now, thanks for the kind words everyone, I'm currently updating my previous post to add scripting feedback too.

I'll repeat myself now (this is referred to the regular users):

Guys, be kind, be awesome and give feedback to the Resource Staff.

Those cool fellows have spent a lot of time in making those resources (a lot of time only spent for you and not for themselves!) and it would be a pleasure for them if you'll show your appreciation.

Give feedback, give praises, give constructive criticism and suggestions for the next ReStaff, give whatever the hell you want, but give!

Talk about the freakin' awesome materials and what you like\dislike about them! Test them in the tool!

It took me around 2-3 hours to test everything, it's basically nothing if you consider how much time those guys of the Restaff have spent for creating the resources.

We have guys like Scythuz here, who has spent a lot more than 30 hours for creating 10 tracks and sharing them for free! Seriously, that's amazing! Or Archeia who manages to do more than 10 awesome things at the same time without getting crazy (she even tolerate all my crap on Skype, that's admirable!). To not count everyone else efforts too!

Seriously, what are a couple of hours of your time? Just take your time and appreciate those gifts, I'm not asking you to comment on everything, but neither to press the ignore button.

Susan, Deleted, Lars Ulrika and 5 others like this.
  17. Caz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It is a very classy addition to your signature - I'm sure everyone will agree it is a muchly deserved cup!

Dalph likes this.
  18. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Why stop there? *makes it into a badge*

Hirei, Caz, Dalph and 1 other person like this.
  19. McTricky

McTricky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    A cup of tea with the words "Top Bloke"?

Oh gee. xD

Dalph likes this.
  20. Caz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I could do more badges like this in future if it would coerce people into giving us feedback? I mean, you don't have to be cray like Dalph and give a paragraph for each person, but just a little bit of semi-detailed feedback would make you awesome enough to qualify? And everyone can see what an awesome person you are, look at all those shiny badges~! 

Give us your thoughts, we need to know what you guys are into and how to push your buttons, haha. :<

Deleted, Dalph and Archeia like this.