ReStaff December 2014

Discussion in 'Resource Staff Releases' started by Caz, Dec 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Caz

Caz Green Eyes Blonde Dragon Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Happy Holidays, RMWers! The ReStaff team
    are back again and full of festive spirit!

As you may have guessed, the
    team have been working non-stop
    to put out some cheer this holiday season.

Remember to leave a mince pie and a glass of milk
    out for these guys before you go to bed, because they've
    got quite the sleigh full of presents for you this month!

Per usual:
    Information about Commercial usage can be found here.
    If you want to be a Guest Contributor, go here!

We are always open to guest contributions and would love to
    see your work if you want to contribute, so please don't be
    shy! You can shoot me or Archeia a PM with any questions
    regarding becoming a Guest!

[​IMG]
    Avery's brought out some Tudorian fare tiles with
    beautiful timberframe walls! There are even some
    fantastic door charactersets to boot.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Check out these utterly gorgeous jewelry store
    tiles that Candacis submitted! She's even included
    sprites for a sleigh and children playing.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Caz delivers the usual DS+ style tiles, this time for a
    Winter grotto! There's even a slightly creepy
    Santa sprite!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Marimo is cranking out serious levels of awesome
    yet again with another battler. This one is a
    ridiculously pretty Winter-themed maiden!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Matseb is still pumping out more resources than I have
    internet usage to upload previews of!
    You'll be getting Fog images, Transitions, more
    battle sprites of your favourite RTP characters,
    animations and some sci-fi themed doors!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    We've got Palladinthug back for some more DS+
    resources, like the cutest little kobold pictured below,
    some really nice templates and tutorials, plus treasure
    chest directional sprites!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    PandaMaru continues to knock the ball out of the park.
    Just take a look at these amazing Winter Market tiles!
    I don't think I need say more!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Long time contributor (this guy needs a medal) Thalzon
    has contributed more beautiful battlers. Don't you just
    wanna snuggle that polar bear..?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    DesperateMeasurez has two new tracks for us this month!
    Both of them are very wintry and would have no issue
    slotting right into any snowy areas in your game!

[​IMG]
    There are no words for how many tracks this man
    has submitted this month. You have to check them out for
    yourself, but the quantity and quality of work here is mindblowing.

[​IMG]
    We've got a first time contributor here, so please
    welcome Ms Littlefish! Her works are amazing, and I'm
    happy to share them here with you!

[​IMG]
    We've quite a few generous spirits this month too!

hiddenone submitted this adorable sprite for Santa in a sleigh!
    [​IMG]

mlogan has also brought us some cute edits of the RTP for Mr. and Mrs. Claus!
    [​IMG]

And check out Matombo's weaponless RTP battler edits!
    [​IMG]

DOWNLOAD RESTAFF DECEMBER 2014

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  2. Silent Darkness

Silent Darkness Robomage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Splendid!

3. Deleted

Deleted The Champion of Uncertainty :D Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Wah there amazing!

Especially love the market. Is there a none winter version?

4. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    It's time for that badge giving season again hohoho~

I really love the submissions this month, you guys are awesome. I'll try to leave some feedback later.

Deleted likes this.
  5. Nirwanda

Nirwanda Procrastimancer Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Those are some fantastic resources! That winter scene looks really good. A big thank you to everyone who contributed. :D

...would it be too lame to say that christmas came early this year?

6. UNphiltered_khaos

UNphiltered_khaos Game Dev. Artist. Veteran

First Language:
    Americanese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Wow...It looks like it is even more packed this month than last! 

7. Clord

Clord Nya~ Veteran

Do I want to hug a polar bear? Sure if it is trained one that doesn't see me as a food.

8. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Awesome job everyone, I will post a feedback thing when I get the time!  :thumbsup-left:

Dalph likes this.
  9. Silent Darkness

Silent Darkness Robomage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @, I like the tutorial for making crystal prisons. That ought to help a LOT of people.

Candacis and Bonkers like this.
  10. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Excellent stuff. I will be posting some feedback as well (most likely tomorrow). I think it's about time I did.

11. neartoyou

neartoyou Warper Member

First Language:
    bahasa
    Awesome!! I really like the bear and the music :D *Downloading...*

12. Goatrider

Goatrider Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Awesome work from everyone! This makes me want to make a winter themed game... 

marimo likes this.
  13. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [SIZE=10.5pt]Let's see. Another Restaff. Another round of seasonal beers and feedback.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Graphics[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]@Avery[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] I especially like the brick wall and wood floor. It's so comfy and cozy. Match made in heaven, those two.[/SIZE]

@Candacis The child sprites are adorable, and the sledding one! I want to make a scene or town with children playing in the snow now!

@Caz  I love these pieces! One word. Candy canes. ;D

@Hiddenone Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus. Such a lovely animation.  I love them. ^_^

@Marimo This battler is absolutely gorgeous. The shading against all the white is so beautiful and the teal is definitely her color

@Matombo  These are wonderful edits. I especially like the look of the third guy.

@Masteb Windows, doors, and more. Seriously, some of those doors kick butt.

@mlogan I’m happy Mrs. Claus made it to the party, and with the correct amount of limbs. Thank you so much for saving the mutant version for me though. :D

@Palladinthug Lot of great stuff here. The chests, the banners, the adorable mushrooms. You offered  a great variety this month.

@PandaMaru Oh my word. That battler. He looks so tough and festive. The Christmas town pieces are beautiful. And. Trees. <3

@Thalzon I love your battlers so much. I want to hug that schmoopy polar bear so badly! And make a plush toy of him.

Music

@ DesperateMeasurez  “Joyous Wintry Town”  The melody in the right hand is very lovely. I feel the left hand part can a bit clunky at times but it’s joyous for sure and I like the melody a lot. “Over The Plains of Snow” is very lovely. I absolutely adore the woodwinds.

@ Me You go, girl. Yeeeeeah.

@ Scythuz. sigh You crazy. I have to format this special for you.

• “A, B, C, D” You now have to make the Count version from Sesame Street.
    • “A Veil of Mourning” I don’t know why, but this gives me some Final Fantasy vibes when the not happiest of stories is being recanted to the heroes. Sad Cello is best cello
    •  “A Very Silent Night” c; 
    • “Challenge Accepted” I feel like that’s what you said when you decided to write twenty or so songs for Restaff. I really like the opening. You really get the sense of a heroic venture.
    • “Chase the Night” I seriously love all that bass-y business.  This has great energy. I think could be used for battles or even tech themed dungeons.
    • “Courtroom Dance”  As far as music that sounds Medieval and Tutor Rose, this is perfect. The gemshorns harmony has to be my favorite part. 
    • “Darkness Dwells" The harp notes have a strangeness to them that I absolutely love. This sounds like a villain’s theme, but more of those off beat types.
    • “Deep in the Hungarian Dungeons” <3<3<3 The instrumentation in this is awesome! The xylophones and bassoon. What a match! I also feel like this would work wonderfully with the previous track, even.
    • “Frosty Overlook”  The opening in this song is great. That motif is seriously beautiful. This will work for towns and for cut scenes, definitely.
    • “Gauntlet of Fire” I see our ambient fever from the past few months is carrying over. But this is even cooler because it has growling cellos and drums. Down right. Spoopy fire dungeon music.
    • “Gertrude’s Dungeon”  I’m very happy to hear this one again in all it’s bass clarinet-y-ness. The woodwinds are my favorite touch in this.
    • “Ivory Keys” is pretty kick ass if you ask me. Excellent use of motif and a great mixture of quiet and exited moments.  
    • “Pillars of Cold” Ice dungeon all the way. The ambience runs strong. I’m wanting to write my own now. The choir is so dreadfully in this. I love it.
    • “Pluto the Drawf”  You know. Instead of being the smallest planet Pluto is now the largest object in the Kepler Belt. He should be proud. I love the bit at starts around :40 in the background. I love the percussion, too! 
    • “Press Enter for Respect”  The motifs here sound like those of many Ralph Vaughan Williams pieces. He’s one of my favorite composers. The horns are gorgeous.
    • “Ride the Dragon” This is a very happy piece and I told you the other day that I really, really love the flute in here.
    • “The 90s Bar” First. Awesome title. Second. The Percussion!  That part at :48. <3 “
    • "The Ice Giant’s Melody” I am seriously in love with the chords the piano plays in the middle section of the song, with those high notes hitting on the right hand. Hnnnnng.
    • “Three Kingdoms” has some definite ethnic vibes. We know how I react to high frequencies though, so the gongs with nothing behind them are  a little much for me. It picks up again when the plucking instrument comes in.
    • “Winter Monolith” I love the tinsel-y-ness with the piano and the bells later on. The soft touches of atonality in that synth are very welcome, too.
    If I formatted this right. I win.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014
  14. Seacliff

Seacliff RPG Maker Mastermind Veteran

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Ah, yes. The December Restaffs have almost always been my favorites!~

15. Bukarett

Bukarett Burning Dryad Veteran

First Language:
    Tree whisperer
    [​IMG] ReStaff Feedback Time [​IMG]
    G R A P H I C S
    Avery

The RTP accurateness of these give me shivers.~ This is great! I'm particularly fond of the white floor tiles, they seemed perfect for both kitchen and bathroom type of rooms, the design on them is just divine.

Candacis

I say, HELL YES to those sleds! They look fantastic and you prepared some little children as well. They are so cute I just want to eat them ;D nom-nom-nom. (A christmas children stew would be lovely *evel laughter *~) Those sparkling jewelry tiles would be perfect for some mystery game, either that or maybe an accessory shop, where you enchant items! Ah! That would be quite fun actually, remind me of shops in Oblivion where you buy fancy dresses and Amulets.

Caz

These christmas resources are really adorable. I really like the Christmas tree, and the fact thet you have decorated as well as bare one, really top notch shading on those~ DS Santa is a great addition as well! Those little glasses make him so cute.

Hiddenone

Thats a true Santa on his mighty sled~ This looks glorious, I really enjoy the animation and would love to see front and back version as well. Ah, Those reindeers, I wonder which one might be Rudolf ;)

Marimo

Buhahaha! That fabulous pose you got there! Its magnificent! And the design is just gorgeous, I adore this ballerina look you gave her, and that flowy (Is that even a word? Ah, screw it, it is now!) dress~

Matamobo

These edits are great, could be a great thing to use in battle if suddenly their weapon would break or something. :D The only issue I have with these is that there is still a shadow of the weapons they holed.

Otherwise great job~

Matseb

You always make so many resources, and this time you did not disappoint. :D Such a great variety! I really enjoy your animated battlers but I have to be honest that those door peeked my interest even more, especially the wooden ones! This is really great stuff for horror game, I can imagine placing a monster behind them, could freak the player out! Spectacular job!

Mlogan

If I could find cutter couple than me and my darling (<--- This was perfect self insert, wasn't it? Buhahahaha) It would defiantly be Ms and Mr Clause! Amazing job on both! They look really proportional with delightful set of colors~

Palladinthug

You really went over the beyond with creating characters with lovely behavioral sheets~ I think it was very innovative of you to make an empty wheelchair as well, there aren't enough characters on those, and there should be! Come on, we all love Proffesor X ;^; I really like that you included the tutorial for how to use crystals as well. Outstanding job!

Pandamaru

Oh-My-GOD! These are gorgeous! They are so detail and well designed! DS Christmas trees are a true delight! The top ornaments are just a pure perfection! The window decorations are really fun as well, and the variety between the trees in RTP is such a great treat! All of this is actually! Those laps too... Honestly you made me speechless when I opened the file, this truly brings out christmas spirit.

Talzon

These are really fun battlers, I realized that you have a great knack for the design! Especially if you pull put some of the monsters here. You take the little things and then exaggerate them into a fantastic creature! Like bearded demon or the bear, this shows some real talent~

M U S I C 
    DesprateMeasurez

Joyfull Wintery Town – This one is indeed joyful, it brings this before christmas happiness, if you know what I mean. Very well done and that piano fits perfectly here.

Over The Planes of Snow – Ah, it's so peaceful and relaxing, such a fitting title as well. I can almost see flaky snow falling over the plain fields in the distance. Very visual piece.

MsLittlefish

The Mountains Wait – I like how adventurous this one is, it brings this desire to hop on a horse and set out for some epicness in a nice fancy snowy coat, or is it just me and my love of coats? :D

Scythuz

You did a wonderful job with making so many Scy~ :D Amazing! All of those 20 tracks~ I picked my 5 favorite to give more detail opinion, I hope you won't mind.

Challenge Accepted – Very heroic melody, I really enjoy that build up as the soundtrack progresses. I can see why you chose this title as well, gives an impression of accepting a great quest and getting ready for it. :D It's really sweet~

Courtroom Dance – I like the melody in this one, especially that abrupt happy beginning. It makes you want to take a partner and dance slowly in the circle, with lost of bowing and turning about, this is fantastic piece probably one of my favorite from these.

Ivory Keys – The piano in this was is beautiful, this piece has a lot of emotion. I love how playful it sounds and would fit perfectly with a game featuring some dramatic or tragic story.

90's Bar – I like how atmospheric this song is, I can indeed imagine it playing in some kind of dark club or a bar as the title suggests, it's one of those great pieces fit for exploration and just chilling about with npcs.

Three Kingdoms – I adore the instruments, they fit extremely well together, especially that gong in the background. It's very peaceful, yet mysterious makes you wonder what kind of history place with such a soundtrack has. This is really some great piece.

16. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Overall, I found this release impressive.  The quality was top notch.  Here is some feedback on the graphics.

Avery - I've been working on making timber framed walls and Avery has produced a Master Class in how they should be done.  Not only will I be using these, I shall also be learning from them.

Candacis - One of my constant moans is the lack of sprites for children and old people.  These child sprites are delightful, and more than welcome.  The jewelry tiles are again welcome, and several have a wide use.  For example, those scales, the safe and counters; all great additions for any shop.

Caz - New style doors and windows; such a boon! I think I already know where those doors are going to go, to replace some edits I made.  They are going to make those houses even more fitting for what I want, so thank you.  (Hmm, now just got work out how to animate them.)

Hiddenone - These are great!  Such inventiveness!  Anyone making a Christmas game and not using these is a fool and an idiot.

Marimo - I love the colours and detailing.  She is a great addition to the repertoire of deadly ladies.

Matombo - Having unarmed versions of these makes them very versitile.  Thank you.

Matseb - Difficult to know what to single out for comment, as they are all so good.  For myself, the fogs and transitions are particularly welcome as I struggle to make these.  I can now save my energy for other things, as I can't think of something that isn't covered by your contributions.  Ulrika Fists-of-Steel is a great addition to the canon.

mlogan - These are charming!.  Mrs Santa looks like everyone's idealised granny; she deserves a place in every home.

palladinthug - Back and side chests are a gap in the market which you have filled with style.  I particularly like that the side chests are not standard rounded, but a more interesting shape.  All the sprites are good, but I particularly like the template for the crawler.  As I said above, there aren't enough child sprites around and this will help meet that lack.  I'm sure that your tutorial for the crystal prison will be particularly appreciated.

pandamaru - What can I say - that XmasOger is a touch of pure genius!  The stretched coat not quite meeting over the belly, the blood splat on the end of the candy cane weapon are brilliant details.  Thank you for the market stalls, and especially for the fact that you included the empty stalls so that we can edit our own goods onto them.

Thalzon - Caz suggested you could do with a medal.  Make that two, I say!  No, I'm not going to cuddle the polar bear, but he looks so sad, someone ought to (just someone braver than me).  Good to see a fresh battler for Ice, and I especially like the battler for music.  The details, of course, but actually the whole idea.  Music can be deadly as well as uplifting.

I'm going to post about the music separately, as I want to take my time to listen to the tracks properly, and there are a lot of them - so thanks in advance for that.

EDIT

And here are the music comments.

DesperateMeasurez

Joyous Wintry Town - I am a great lover of piano, so I was pre-disposed to liking this from the off.  I think it conveys a joyous atmosphere very well, and the shakers were not overdone.

Over The Plains of Snow - overworld or town or forest or... very versatile.  I particularly liked the way the flute moved in and out and the way the lower-toned wind instrument (not sure what it is; maybe it's not a wind instrument at all?) partway through gives depth.

MsLittlefish - Good to see you joining in.  This track suggested early game to me - the heroes are setting off, not yet aware of what this adventure will cost them; full of bravery (maybe even bravado) and light-hearted in the face of danger.  The sort of track which facilitates creative thinking.  Well done.

Scythuz  This is going to be quite some job giving feedback on so many.  It probably means that for some of them the comments will be a bit skimpy.

Challenge Accepted (Yes, I know, out of order, but there is a reason).  I could see this being paired up with Ms Littlefish's track; either when they get to the mountain (or whatever) or when they first hear the summons and decide to accept it.  It has that freshness that new beginnings, new journyings, new adventures, calls for.

ABCD  At first I was convinced that it was ABBD, but I take your word that it is a C.  Great melody, particularly when the piano comes in towards the end.  I did struggle to think how this might be used with the voice part.  Interesting, and great to listen to, though.

A veil of mourning  Melancholic, without being a downer.  And I just loved the cello part.  For conveying that elergaic quality it is almost unbeatable.  For that reason I wish it had featured for more of the track.

A very Silent Night A nice version, and in the right setting, very useable.  But it will, of course, be highly specific.

Chase the night Great levels of contained energy, so maybe a battle theme, but would also work in a sci-fi setting where tension and movement were key.

Courtroom Dance - My first thought on seeing the title was a legal Courtroom, so I had a great time imagining judges and lawyers in their wigs and gowns (this image only works for Brits) moving in stately lines, bowing to one another while the Court Usher looked on to make sure that everyone kept the line flowing.  Of course it would also work for a more normal Courtly setting, but I rather like my picture.

Darkness Dwells The right amount of dissonance/strangeness.  I got the feeling of lightness corrupted, rather than absence of light, to explain the darkness.  The instrumentation works particularly well here.  Was that a harp?  Not sure.

Deep in the Hungarian dungeon  This would go well with Darkness Dwells.  Maybe this as the dungeon and the DD as the villan theme.  Good choice of instruments so that this feels particularly 'fresh'.

Frosty Overlook Oh that cello!  I'm glad you're featuring it.  It adds both beauty and depth to the track, as does the wind instrument (bassoon? no idea really) which immediately follows it.  Good range of possible uses, but town is the most obvious.

Gauntlet of Fire  Great fire dungeon music, though I think the voice part was just a touch overdone towards the end for my taste.  Great use of drums, though.

Gertrude's Grotto  Couldn't quite put my finger on why, but this one felt less successful in the opening half.  I think it might be because of the slide in/out sound of the strings (can't think of another way of describing it) which you have used a lot in the past.

Ivory Keys  Good for a variety of cutscenes because it manages to hint at a range of emotions without being over explicit.

Pillars of Cold  Yes, the idea of cold, of isolation, was very well conveyed here.  Great not just for an ice dungeon, but perhaps a weird/other dimension setting as well.  The vocal part works better in this track than in Gauntlet of Fire, imo.

Pluto the Dwarf  Nice, I like it.  Though again it's one of those tracks where I'm a bit unsure how to use it.

Press Enter for Respect I can easily imagine Our Hero (I think it would have to be Ralph here) going up to meet the king, and both of them thinking that they should be the one getting the respect.  I can imagine the crowds parting to let him through, and him graciously acknowledging their cheers and admiration.  The horns are lovely.  Nothing over the top

Ride the Dragon A very happy track.  Would this work as the airship theme I wonder?  Flute is lovely.

The 90s bar Great rhythm and energy.

The ice giant's melody  The piano in this is seriously good at conveying the theme, especially in the middle.

Three Kingdoms  Those people who've been asking for music with an oriental atmosphere are going to be pleased with this.  I liked the range of instruments used, which prevented it feeling in any way hackneyed.  Loved the gongs.

Winter Monolith Loved this, thought it was excellent

17. Susan

Susan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    No idea...
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A surprisingly huge collection of high quality resources from the hardworking contributors of RMW.

Graphics

Avery

Nice tiles sufficient to build an entire beautiful house.

Especially love those realistic brick walls and windows.

Candacis

A variety of children in winter clothing just perfect for the season.

A nice sled for the children to play with.

Nice shelves, counters and shelves with trinkets to go with them.

All just perfect for winter!

Caz

Nice Christmas decorations!

Especially love those Christmas trees and candy canes.

A slightly younger(?) Santa sprite to go with the decorations.

hiddenone

Very well-made Santa sleigh, both with and without Santa.

marimo

Gorgeous winter maiden!

Love the way she seems to be dancing in the snow like a ballerina.

Matombo

Unarmed battlers are a nice addition for variety to the RTP battlers.

Matseb

Nicely done animated battlers of Eric and Ulrika (in 2 varieties!).

A huge variety of doors for many types of settings.

Especially like the broken modern doors. 

An even more huge variety of fogs and transitions, all beautifully done.

The crosshair animation look suitable for snowflakes as well. ^^

Woah, food for battle animations! Useful as pictures too.

Matseb, you've outdone yourself again!

mlogan

A perfect Mr and Mrs Santa Claus couple.

Nicely done, mlogan!

palladinthug

More DS+ styled chests for a larger variety, and perfect for medieval/modern use.

Kobold, orcs and mushrooms make a great addition to the DS packs.

Beautifully done behaviour poses for Tanwen and the mushrooms, kobolds and orcs.

Especially love that glowing purple mushroom.

Cool converted lamps. Another great addition for the DS.

A nice variety of banners, and a multi-direction wheelchair.

Very nicely done crawling template, especially useful for making sprites crawling through air ducts.

Very useful tutorial on how to make a sprite in a crystal prison.

PandaMaru

Beautifully decorated Christmas trees for indoor and outdoor use.

Lots of beautiful winter and Christmas themed shop and street decorations.

Nice Christmas wreath for decoration.

Nice base for provided for making shops.

A Christmas troll? Oh my!

Thalzon

Cool looking winter theme battlers.

Especially love the silver bells battler.

Music

DesperatureMeasureZ

Joyous Wintry Town

- Beautiful piano melody. Definitely portrays a winter town in full joyful celebration mode.

Over the Plains of Snow

- Calm and peaceful melody. Picturing standing in the middle of a field watching the snow fall.

Ms Littlefish

Well made track with a slightly intense feeling and nice dramatic flair.

Scythuz

You spoil us too much with all your wonderful contributions.^^

A B C D

- Funky, techno style track.

A veil of mourning

- Melancholic, yet somewhat hopeful track. Nice piano melody.

A Very Silent Night

- Excellent and beautiful rendition of 'Silent Night'.

Challenge Accepted

- Nice heroic, wintry track.

Chase the Night

- Cool techno style chase scene track. Perfect for battle themes as well.

Courtroom Dance

- Nice lute, flute and tambourine combination.

- Appropriately named lively dance track. Suitable even for town dance festivals.

Darkness Dwells

- Sinister and mysterious dungeon track.

Deep in the Hungarian Dungeons

- Sneaky venture deep into the dungeons.

Frosty Overlook

- Calm, winter scenery.

Gauntlet of Fire

- Somewhat menacing track with a hint of danger. Good for title, scene and battle themes.

Gertrude's Grotto

- Peaceful, wintry piano theme.

Ivory Keys

- Beautiful piano play, great for title and town themes.

Pillars of Cold

Pluto the Dwarf

The Ice Giant's Melody

Winter Monolith

- Traversing through a variety of ice/crystal caverns.

Press Enter for Respect

- Peaceful castle town theme.

Ride the Dragon

- Beautiful flute music depicting an adventurous and uplifting journey.

The 90's Bar

- A nice depiction of a relaxing lounge with a hint of mystery.

Three Kingdoms

- Eastern instruments depicting preparations for an impending battle.

Marsigne, Bukarett, Bonkers and 9 others like this.
  18. Deleted

Deleted The Champion of Uncertainty :D Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yeah! Especially when we finally defeat the Evil Overlord. And inprison him for what he did to Ralph. :)

19. PandaMaru

PandaMaru little red panda Restaff

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Deleted and Archeia like this.
  20. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, here we are. Gotten through everything.

Graphics:

Avery

Hell yeah! More doors! Between mine and yours, I think this is the most door-heavy ReStaff ever. Great work on the wall tiles and windows too, especially the smashed window. There aren’t enough broken and smashed resources around.

Candacis

I look at all that jewellery and have Gollum’s “My precious” just popping into my head. So I’d say good stuff on those! Still hoping to see that safe fully animated. Children sprites are also very useful, since there aren’t all that many of them around.

Caz

I saw that preview image of the whole house and then at the resources and didn’t realise that it only took so few of them to build that whole house. That’s really fantastic. The standing candy canes are my favourite.

Hiddenone

That’s a really cool sleigh. Good job on that! Shame I’m not planning on doing any X-mas themed games. Otherwise I would’ve used it.

Marimo

Really stunning work on this battler. I like the colour choice a lot, and the pose is perfect as well.

Matombo

Nice idea. It’s always good to have more variations in RTP battlers. I am sure you can probably take those edits further. Like change the hair, or recolour the clothes, or even give them some new weapons (hint: for your next contribution). :)

Mlogan

As with children sprites, there aren’t enough older people sprites out there, so this is a great addition. Is the old woman carrying a cake in the second version?

Palladinthug

Man, these are awesome. I like the colours and details on those chests, and it’s great to have them facing all directions. More monster variety is always a plus in my books and the banners are excellent. I really like all these, despite not being a huge fan of DS style in general. I’m curious to see you tackle the sci-fi genre in this style. Also, that’s a great tutorial on trapping them poor heroes in ice. :D

PandaMaru

Those tiles are simply beautiful. I love all the pretty colours. It perfectly captures the X-mas spirit. But my favourite will have to be that Santa Ogre. Seriously, that guy is awesome!

Thalzon

I’ve always loved your battlers and used them a lot in my games. These are just as great as all your others. I especially like that mysterious silvery chain with bells. What is that?
    Music:

Desperate Measurez

Your tracks always capture the atmosphere so well it’s unreal, and your piano work is fantastic. Both tracks are very serene and beautiful, but Over the Plains of Snow perhaps is more of a favourite of mine and I’d probably be able to listen to it on a loop for ages.

Ms Littlefish

Epic stuff! For some reason it reminded me of those boss fight tracks from RMXP RTP, so really great work I’d say.

Scythuz

So many tracks and so much variety! :o Why do I get a feeling that Challenge Accepted was inspired by a certain post I’ve made in the discussion thread? :D Going to mostly mention the ones that stood out the most to me.

-Chase the Night is so awesome, wow. I love the pace and the feel of this one. I might have to commission you for something similar at some point.

-A Veil of Mourning has a great atmosphere. Perfect for those low times in the lives of the heroes.

-The offbeat and quirky feel of Deep in Hungarian Dungeons is awesome. That’s it, I’ll be using that for ‘Just Face It’.

-The tune in Frosty Outlook is very catchy. Beautiful work there.

-I already mentioned to you before but I really dig how dark and ominous Gauntlet of Fire and Pillars of Cold sound.

-I love the piano work in Ivory Keys and Ice Giant’s Melody. They’re simply beautiful. I think they would both work really well for backstory flashback scenes.

-Pluto the Dwarf is quite addictive to listen to. Really like this one. I think the build up is great.

-The 90s Bar gives off a pretty nice retro sci-fi atmosphere.

-Also had to mention that I really like the water drip effect in Winter Monolith.
    Great release overall. On a side note, something I wanted to mention earlier, but kept forgetting. I like the idea of planning for two releases at once, one for a shorter deadline and one for a longer.