ReStaff December 2014

Discussion in 'Resource Staff Releases' started by Caz, Dec 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank you all, I'll post my feedback soon but before that, just a few comments/explanations etc.

First of all, I know 20 tracks is a lot so please don't feel pressured to review them all if you don't want to!  Picking favourites is perfectly fine!

If people would like me to upload a version of A B C D without the speak & spell samples, let me know.

@Ksjp17 - Yep that's a harp in Darkness Dwell, there's no other instrument types in that track as I wanted to challenge myself by writing something more akin to a piano piece but for multiple harps instead.

Bukarett, Dalph and Tuxedo Leila like this.
  2. marimo

marimo Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    english
    Thank you everyone who took their time to comment and review the ReStaff release. <3 I'm very happy to see everyone enjoy everything it had to offer!

NE-CN, Dalph, Bukarett and 3 others like this.
  3. Scythuz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Feedback time!

Graphics: 

Avery - Wonderful work as always, I like how well they all work together in the screenshot you generously put together.  Also it's nice to see so many doors, you can never have enough of them.
    Candacis - I love the sleighs and  child sprites in this one.  I like the jewellery shop tiles too.

Caz - Some nice little ds xmas sprites and tiles you have here Cazmobile, just wish there was slightly more decorative ones and maybe a sample screenshot too.

Hiddenone - Well you already know how much I like it and I still want to see someone make an animated title screen with it!

Marimo - Fabulousssss, I kinda wish someone had made icy battlebacks to go with our ice queen friend here xD

Matombo - It's clobberin' time!

Matseb - Dude you went crazy this time!  So much good stuff in here and quite a lot of it is stuff you don't normally see.  Really hope we can expect to see more stuff like this in the future it's all awesome.

mLogan - Mr and Mrs Santa are looking great, you really managed to fix up Santa in the end, remember how creepy he used to look? :D

Palladinthug - I think this contribution speaks for itself, it's a chest full of goodies.  Great work man :)

Pandamaru - Santa really let himself go! D:  I like what you've done but I'm particularly fond of the Christmas Trees.

Thalzon - You seem to be improving at a pretty rapid rate, some nice creative battlers as always.
    Music:

Desperatemeasurez - 
    Joyous Wintry Town - This is a nice pleasant town theme, glad you went for quality over quantity with these tracks.  I have one very minor complaint and that is that the looping isn't quite perfect because it feels like it switches back to your shaker/tambourine instrument a bit too quickly.  Tracks great otherwise though.

Over the Plains of Snow - A nice little track for crossing snowy fields, possibly for a snowy world map area?  Only thing is I'm not sure about sound of the oboe, it's either being doubled with an instrument that doesn't compliment it well or it might be that you're not using the expression controllers enough to make it sound as realistic as possible.  I can elaborate further in a pm or something if you want?

Ms Littlefish -

I really love the composition of this, only thing I feel it needs is a bigger sound.  Problem is I'm still not sure how to suggest achieving that other than just saying practice.  We'll need to figure out how to get things louder in our big orchestral tracks someday as this is something I feel I struggle with too.  Let the research commence! :3
    Overall, wonderful work everyone!  I kinda wish we had more music people contributing now though, where all you musicians hiding eh? :o

4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yes please, that would be great.

5. Susan

Susan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    No idea...
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ksjp17's request seconded! ^^

Marsigne likes this.
  6. Lucy Fox

Lucy Fox Chosen Undead Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    It's really hard to stay at XP-ressources when such nice stuff is out there D:

Great work everyone. :thumbsup-left:

7. Scythuz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Dalph and Marsigne like this.
  8. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Scythuz

Thanks very much for this - you're a star!

Marsigne likes this.
  9. Caz

Caz Green Eyes Blonde Dragon Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    To our lovely contributors, you are great and I hope you all have a good chill out this holiday season. <3

Graphics:

Avery - These are amazing, I have always ALWAYS loved timberframe walls, and these are spot on. Gives that amazing European feel to housing. It's so unique and unlike the architecture available in the RTP.
    Candacis - I'm so happy you've added variety to the children in the RTP, and especially some clothed for cold weather! These would be great for making varied snow towns, which are some of my favourite areas in games. The jewelry store tiles are divine too! I absolutely ADORE shop tiles, so you've really struck a "goldmine" with appealing to my tastes haha..
    hiddenone - These reindeer are so cute! The detail on them is actually superb too, so good job!
    Marimo - hngh she so pretty.. I really adore the dress, but I think the hair is the best. It's so swooshy and nice..
    Matombo - I think these will come in pretty handy, especially if people want to change the weapons they were holding before or if they just needed a portrait.
    Matseb - As always there is a crazy amount here.. but I am particularly fond of those sci fi doors! They're really colourful and light, and I especially love the ones with the hazardous symbols on them - a really nice touch!
    mlogan - These edits are the cutest! That Ms. Claus with the food is to die for~
    Palladinthug - Wow there is a hell of a lot here.. That tutorial is really cute and nicely explained, I hope it comes in handy for anyone who wants to make edits for their own characters. I know a lot of resources we have are pretty hard to make fit in other people's games sometimes, but you've made it so other people can do it too! So mad props there. Those chests will be really handy to, and the sideview ones are magnificently done.
    PandaMaru - I don't know how you magicked this up so quick, but that is an impressive amount of tiles! Winter Markets are so adorable, it really does fill me with such Christmassy feelings seeing these..
    Thalzon - It's amazing that you come up with so many unique battlers every single month, but the quality of these just keeps improving and improving. Your contributions are always appreciated by everyone in the community, and you never seem to falter! For the record, I would totally cuddle that polar bear even if it killed me~
    Music:

DesperateMeasurez -
    Joyous Wintry Town: Wow this does what it says on the tin.. it reminds me of something you'd hear in Harvest Moon games or something when the season changes. I really love it! That clickty-clack in the background adds so much unbelievable depth!
    Over the Plains of Snow: This would make a fantastic, subtle exploration theme for somewhere snowy and low key. It does a nice job of being something that could be used as an ambient piece while still having the feel of something a bit more "song-y."

Ms Littlefish -
    The Mountain Waits: This one is great! It's so grand and cool!! I really love the overall vibe I get from it, but I can tell there's so much emotion packed into the brass in the backing and fahsfs everything comes together really nicely! :D

Scythuz -
    A B C D: I know many people are not fond on the vocal, but I think it could work really well as a character theme or something.
    A Veil of Mourning: This one could either be quite a sad theme, but it also feels pretty frosty to me. I think it'd be cool for something sad and wintry. My favourite part is at 1:05 where everything else drops away and it's just the harp..
    A Very Silent Night: I like the backing to the melody, that harp is a really nice addition!
    Challenge Accepted: This one seems very subtly heroic, the deeper instruments really bring out the feels of a revolution.
    Chase the Night: This would make for some amazing sci fi chase scenes. The instruments really carry that "high tech" theme well.
    Courtroom Dance: This one actually fits the name perfectly. I am loving the medieval dance vibes!
    Darkness Dwells: Ooooh such a creepy track.. kinda makes for some good cave music, or an evil lair of some kind.
    Deep in the Hungarian Dungeons: I dunno what a Hungarian dungeon sounds like, but this is seeming pretty accurate to what I've been lead to believe. It seems very sneaky and deep, I like it!
    Frosty Overlook: I love what the deeper strings add to this one. It sounds so much more sinister! I think without them, it might sound a little more cute.
    Gauntlet of Fire: One of the lower instruments is really reminding me of some of the dungeon themes in uhhh.. I can't remember, I think it's Super Mario 64, but it is legit terrifying.
    Press Enter for Respect: Wow this is so gentlemanly, like the theme of a top bloke. I think I will steal this for my own theme tune..
    Ride the Dragon: Is this an airship theme? Because I'm hearing airship theme. I really like how joyful it sounds!
    The 90's Bar: Maybe a bar in 2090. This sounds quite sci-fi-ish! Though I would definitely play it in a cyber bar.
    The Ice Giant's Melody: Ice Giant sounds like a sad guy, I feel bad for him.. Definitely hitting that "icy" theme very nicely though, and the violinage is fantastic and super appreciated!
    Three Kingdoms: Another one that is sounding very cool and medieval. I think it'd be great for a minor tense moment, like a decision or something.
    Winter Monolith: I am feeling the Winter for sure. Those drawn out pads make everything feel so icy. The piano that kicks in really adds that personality though, like if it were to describe a monolith you explore. It still makes it sound icy but gives it a sadder vibe.

Marsigne, Scythuz, Susan and 9 others like this.
  10. sokita

sokita Crawling back to the surface Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    welp, 55MB+, is the music resources in MP3 format?

Marsigne likes this.
  11. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No. There are just so many of them (courtesy of Scythuz :p )

Marsigne likes this.
  12. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I want to post this incredibly stupid thing (took me a while). Feedback will come tomorrow:

[​IMG]
     SANTA CLAUS DS: They will finally have an unforgettable Christmas now! mwahahah-hohoho!
    SANTA ORC: ME HAZ A LOT OF NICE GIFTS IN MUH BELLY! *roars*
    KID B: What? How we will recieve the gifts then?
    KID A: *shivers*

CAZ: ohai marimenfrost! I can do S&M and ABC too. obai marimenfrost! end
    SNOW GODDESS MARIMENFROST: /looks down sadly u_u;;

Thanks to:

Archeia, Avery, Bukarett, Candacis, Caz, hiddenone, Marimo, Matombo, Matseb, mlogan, Palladinthug, PandaMaru and Thalzon for the fantastic materials.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
    Tuxedo Leila, Marsigne, Caz and 9 others like this.
  13. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Lol! Ulrika is punching the polar bear in the 'weakspot'. :D

Marsigne, marimo and Dalph like this.
  14. Juunanagou

Juunanagou Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    I love them, good job everyone! Thank you <3

Marsigne likes this.
  15. lloydsmith

lloydsmith Monster Master Member

First Language:
    English
      Thanks for the pictures and resources, have a Happy Holidays!

Enjoy! Just Plug and Eat!

[​IMG]

Marsigne, marimo, Susan and 1 other person like this.
  16. Marsigne

Marsigne Sephiroth Veteran

First Language:
    Other
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Awesome resources! Awesome music! Lots of stuff! Lol, and I that wanted some christmas tiles xD, nice :)

starlight dream and Susan like this.
  17. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok let's give some feedback! ^^

@Marimo does not include Terms of Use but artwork is really great.

@Avery, great contribution! I really loved it.

@Caz as always uses talent to bring us a sweet add on.

@hiddenone brings a hidden gem resource here. Thanks! 

@Matombo nice resources. Just keep in mind that royalty free is incompatible with RTP EULA. But we got your point. ;)

@Masteb, once again you drop my jaw. Quality AND quantity at its best. AGAIN. Incredible doors. Even Laser fences.

@mlogan Another Santa. Wow!

@Palladinthug please inform us about TOS

@PandaMaru once again rules!!! What a nice ogre with a candy cane. But the highlight is the tilesets.

@thalzon has amazing simplicity to the enemy creations but its so good that lets me speechless. Another great contribution.

Gee, I lost the opportunity to contribute once again.

Hopefully two months from now I will have less work and bring you nice stuff.

And now, sound!

@DesperateMeasurez hits again with two very nice songs. Excellent work!

@Ms Littlefish is on the top of the mountain. ?Nice piece of music. I wonder, what are the terms of use?

@Scythuz wow! A lot of neat music pieces in there.

Susan, Caz, marimo and 2 others like this.
  18. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ Dreadshadow Ah, yes. I really should include such things and will have a document in my next contribution. But, this song is available for non commercial and commercial use, but I do prefer a contact for commercial use. In either usage instance I would be credited, please.

Dreadshadow and Marsigne like this.
  19. Bonkers

Bonkers Bioware, do you need a nap? Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ Dreadshadow I believe I included a document on whom to credit besides myself on what I've taken the DS conversions from and which where my own designs.  All the work done by me is available for non commercial, but for commercial I'd appreciate a contact.  Credit is needed in either case as per the normal restaff rules.

Dreadshadow and Marsigne like this.
  20. sokita

sokita Crawling back to the surface Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Wow, great, I will download this!

Marsigne likes this.