ReStaff December 2014

Discussion in 'Resource Staff Releases' started by Caz, Dec 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. marimo

marimo Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    english
    @Dreadshadow: Thanks! I'm glad you liked it~ and yeah my bad. I kind of rushed the submission so I must have forgotten. My ReStaff resources are all free for use both commercial and noncommercial and requires you to credit me when used. : ) I believe I also said RPGMaker games only. And optionally it'd be great to hear from people who use them~ just because I'm curious about where they go.

Marsigne and Dreadshadow like this.
  2. Matombo

Matombo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Woopsy, didn't thought of that, will remove it if i find time xD

jeah should write no additional royality or so .. just copy pasted some info line

but thanks all for the positive feedback ^^

Dreadshadow likes this.
  3. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Matombo it's not really big deal since after that you ask for RTP comply.

I got it. Free for commercial and non commercial use, under the RTP license with attribution (proper credit given).

As for the rest of you, who I pointed you forgot the terms, I asked so you can put the terms in comments so people will know ! <3 <3 <3

I didn't wanted you people to feel sorry or something. Christmas is coming! Cheer up people!  :guffaw:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2014
  4. Avery

Avery Sleeping Dinosaur Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    A little Update on my tiles:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Marsigne, Dalph, Bonkers and 6 others like this.
  5. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @avery

New sink and cooker, new kitchen implements - you are my heroine just for that!  But then there are the cupboards and carpet as well.  Christmas has come early.

Marsigne likes this.
  6. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Wonderful work Avy! :)

Marsigne likes this.
  7. Deleted

Deleted The Champion of Uncertainty :D Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Marsigne likes this.
  8. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

GRAPHICS
    Avery
    Awesome tiles, they're in a perfect RTP style. As you can see from my screenshot I used the walls even as exteriors and they still fit very well. I like also the colours that you used for the wooden floors, everything looks great ingame and the materials can be used for creating a nice gothic mansion (for a horror game). They look as gorgeous as your icons.

Candacis
    These sledges are amazing and you did a great job with the kids and their behavior sitting pose, I tend to notice such small details. And thanks a lot for creating the two empty sledges, this will give everyone the possibility to add on them what they want (like I did adding the Demonlord, ahahahah). The jewel shop is a neat idea too, like Bukarett said it can be very useful for a detective\mistery game of some sort. The strongbox looks fantastic, I have a sudden urge to use it somewhere. I like that you added the frozen Ralph too, he can be very useful, I had so much fun touching that crystal during the event.
    :D *touches and runs away* :D

Cazratio\Cazclaus
    Well I didn't read your post so I didn't know that your Santa was supposed to be evil, but soon as I saw the sprite I said:
    I will use him as a villain. This means that you did a superb job with him and his expression. This is pretty much all I
    want and need to make a Christmas game in DS style. The tiles are perfect and eye-candy, I especially like the wall,
    it looks fantastic ingame. The roof of the house can be also used as simple cutted tree trunks (if you cut it appropriately). The
    big candy canes are a great idea too, they are certainly useful.PS: Make your browser FULLSCREEN, there's an encrypted message for you here. :D

hiddenone
    Your sleigh is perfect and can fit for both DS and RTP, you also did an amazing job on the deers (they're so detailed) and everything looks great and well animated ingame.

marimenfrost
    I will use marimenfrost somewhere alongside marimolantern (in the previous ScareRestaff)...yes I call them this way. Your art is awesome, there's a perfect colour combination on her and a nice dancing pose too, she looks fantastic ingame.

Matombo
    These are extremely useful for adding variety between the RTP battlers, you just need to copy-paste a few new weapons and you're done. Very good idea and execution.

Matseb2611
    You become more and more productive every month, it's impressive. It's awesome that you made the fogs too (we need more of these stuff), I especially like Pixie Dust and Fireflies, they look amazing ingame and add a lot of atmosphere to the maps. The food animations and the battle transitions look superbly made too, we really don't have many of these things, they're are a must have! And I have to say that it was fun to try them all (the spirals and the pixel battle are my favourites). I think I will use the pixel battle for something, I really like how you made it. Awesome doors too, the black sci-fi one is gorgeous. That bear punching Ulrika is asdasfddsgsafasf, I couldn't resist in adding her in that screenshot, ahahahahah.
    It's so dayum hilarious that Thalzon made a polar bear with that pose, they both fit so dayum well there (so many good memories with Punch Bears).
    Ther's a lot of productivity here, great job Matseb.

mlogan
    Simply awesome, your Santa Claus is a lot better and more cool than the RTP one and Ms. Claus is a superb idea, she looks really fantastic ingame. She can work perfectly even as a simple grandma. Great sprites.

palladinthug
    A lot of awesome DS stuff and thanks a lot for that fantastic tutorial, it's pretty informative and well made (great idea, you deserve a medal).
    I'm still learning pixel-art so I can't do much with it yet, but your tutorial is so good that it was a joke to make these:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Yes, I added inside the crystals the sprites that you and Bukarett made for me, ahahah.

Thanks a lot for the behavior poses of Caz Tanwen and the chests, Kobolds, Orcs and Mushrooms (these are supercute, I had fun placing them in the screenshot with Naia). The design of the lamp is beautiful and the panting behavior of the Kobold is hilarious and very well made too. Hope to see more tutorials about behavior poses and stuff from you in future (everything you do is awesome and superuseful).

PandaMaru
    You're a fantastic artist, I love your stuff. Everything fits so dayum well with the RTP, it's seriously awesome. The Christmas markets are superbly made, I had a lot of fun in adding them ingame. Thanks a lot for adding empty ones too, we can add inside them everything we want. There's really a lot of beautiful and useful stuff, I especially like the shop windows and the trees. The Christmas Ogre is hilarious and very original too, replacing the club with a huge candy cane is a funny idea (this will make his blows more sweet I guess?)... ahahahahah.

Thalzon
    Awesome design on these battlers (as always) and that bear, dayum...soon as I saw him and I saw Matseb's version of Ulrika I really couldn't resist in using both (that pose is just perfect)...ahahahahahah. I like a lot the Giant Frost Queen too, she looks beautiful and creepy at the same time.

MUSIC
    DesperateMeasurez
    Joyous Wintry Town
    So much feelings here, this is a very sweet and joyful track, great piano work. It can be used for a happy scene or a flashback of some sort, makes me in a good mood when I listen to it.

Over The Plains Of Snow
    Very calm, deep and sorta misterious too, makes me think about a beautiful landscape covered by snow (but can be used for a cutscene too). You're really bang on with the Christmas theme here. Awesome work.

Ms Littlefish
    The Mountain Waits
    Pretty epic and heroic, it's perfect for a brave protagonist and obviously can fit as a battle theme (against a hero or a king), can be used also for cutscenes (before a war in a military encampment for example). I really like that it has many uses. Very good job.

Scythuz the Madly Productive Dragon
    Man you went crazy this month, you made a full OST here.
    A B C D
    A B C D. Nothing else to say here, the track seriously speaks by itself. Gotta add this somewhere in some way...as a modern\sci-fi pub\club music it's great.

Very nice and catchy from 1:22.

A veil of mourning
    dat sadness though. I can see a death scene here or a sad flashback (like a trauma or something), it's pretty deep and dramatic. I shivered a bit at 0:32.

A Very Silent Night
    MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR! This never gets old, awesome work.

Challenge Accepted
    Pretty dayum heroic and dayum it sounds epic from 0:12. Like ksjp17 said, this track can be used alongside Ms Littlefish's one (they both fit very well together).

It's perfect for heroes that are probably getting ready to leave for a long travel or something. Very adventurous.

Chase the Night
    Great as a sci-fi battle theme or for a futuristic city (residential area) or even a club theme or a character theme, the setting is clearly sci-fi and it has many uses.

For some reason I can't stand still while listening to this track.

Courtroom Dance
    You catched the medieval spirit awesomely well with this one, it's perfect for a tavern or a medieval ball. Very joyful.

Darkness Dwells
    wow this is awesome! It's clearly a villain theme, very mysterious and creepy too, it portraits bad intentions so dayum well. You can clearly feel villainous intents through that harp. Very good job.

Deep in the Hungarian dungeons
    A dungeon theme (a particularly weird dungeon I think) and can also be the theme for a funny and\or insane villain (like Kefka). Neat idea and execution here.

It's clearly evil sounding from 0:48 and can also be used for Halloween games.

Frosty Overlook
    There's quite a bit of sadness here, it's great for poor\ruined towns or sad cutscenes (mostly flashbacks or dream sequences). Very misterious and sorta nostalgic, I like it.

Gauntlet of Fire
    This is my favourite theme among yours here, there's something pretty dayum scary into it, like a very big danger. An ancient creature waiting to be awakened from a long sleep (a dragon). It's also absolutely perfect for a volcano or a simple fire dungeon\cave and even for a villain theme. You can feel the danger and the heat into it, awesome.
    I want to use this one somewhere.

Gertrude's Grotto
    This one is very sad and deep, it's perfect for a flashback, a sad scene and\or a dungeon theme, I can see this used for a crystal cave. Sounds awesome at 0:36.

Ivory Keys
    Very nice piano work here, the track is pretty emotional and can be used for different kinds of cutscenes.

Pillars of Cold
    This one is basically the opposite of Gauntlet of Fire, I can clearly feel the danger and cold death into it and in some parts sounds even scarier than that fire track.

Totally perfect for ice dungeons and villains or for a great frozen evil.

Pluto the Dwarf
    When I read Pluto I thought it was the track for the Walt Disney's dog, ahahahahahah.
    Honestly, this one is a character theme but can be also used as a dungeon one (both medieval and sci-fi I think, the setting doesn't matter much here).

It's good even as the theme for a small planet. Very nice one.

Press Enter for Respect
    I'm with ksjp17 on this one, the horns sorta reminds me about an audiece with the king himself, I get the feeling of a hero that is summoned to talk with him about something very important. It's a very royal theme, can also fit for a castle or simply as the theme of a Prince\King\Noble person.

Ride the Dragon
    Perfect for an overworld theme, riding a dragon (or a huge animal) as the title suggests. It encourages exploration and it's very happy sounding.

The 90's Bar
    Obviously great for a bar\pub of some sort, possibly retro sci-fi as Matseb said. It's sorta relaxing and mysterious too.

The ice giant's melody
    Nice piano job on this one too, there's a lot of sadness here. It's perfect for a character with a tragic past or some sort of phisical defect, it's very deep and makes you think.

I like this one a lot, it's really nice if used with an appropriate cutscene.

Three Kingdoms
    This one is very oriental sounding, sorta fits for an Asian Legend or simply for the theme of an asian character. Very nice gongs, everything is executed well.

Winter Monolith
    This is perfect for a sort of powerful magic artifact or a statue and it's very winter sounding, I can feel the cold atmosphere and a lot of mistery into it. It's also good for a character theme (a misterious character ofc).
    -
    Some of the tracks and the materials in this Restaff actually gave me a (hopefully) good idea for a very short RM game.

Overall, awesome work to everyone! There's really a lot of great and useful stuff here.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
    Deceius, Bonkers, Archeia and 9 others like this.
  9. B.Ultimus

B.Ultimus Drinker of Coffee Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Great work everyone!

Thalzon's battlers are always the best!

10. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the feedback, Dalph. Yeah, the main reason I've made those fog graphics and battle transitions is because there are so few of them in the community that they're very hard to find. Glad you've had fun trying out all the transitions. Admittedly they weren't that hard to do. Most of it was just me playing around with various effects in Photoshop. :D

Susan, Kes and Dalph like this.
  11. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks for all the feedback everyone!  If anyone has any suggestions for what you'd like to see next time, let us know :)

Bukarett and Dalph like this.
  12. Caz

Caz Green Eyes Blonde Dragon Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You..

I knew there was something weird about your writing!! I was wondering what the heck you were up to.. but wow. That is all kinds of genius. Also you are a crazy feedback machine as usual! I wish I could give a like for the feedback and a second like for you wanting it big.

13. Little Paw

Little Paw Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have a question...

Previously, I had taken all the ReStaff music tracks and put them into one big folder for my own personal convenience. Now, I want to use some of them in my game, but I can't figure out who it was that actually made them since I didn't copy over the text files present with each track. I need to give them credit, obviously, so I need to know who made the songs. I'm looking for the makers of:

- Field1

- 8-bit Madness

They're both in a chiptune style.

Edit: Also, in the new ReStaff pack there's a graphics object called "XP to DS conversion lamp final" by Palladinthug. What $ or ! do I have to put before the file name to get it to work correctly?

Marsigne likes this.
  14. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    8-bit Madness is by Scythuz.

Not sure about Field1. Which month of ReStaff was it in?

As for $ and !, yeah, you need those for certain spritesheets so that the maker can 'read' them correctly. By default the maker assumes each character sheet has 8 characters in it (4 across and 2 down). If you put $ at the start of the name, then it reads it as only 1 character. The ! at the start would mean the character sheet would not get elevated by a few pixels and will not be obscured by any water or shrub effects. This is most notable with stuff like door graphics. You can test it out yourself. If you don't have the ! in front of a door graphic, then you'll notice the door will appear a few pixels too high and there'll be a bit of a wall visible between it and the floor. Putting ! would make it on the 'ground level' so to speak. Hope this helps. :)

Edit: Just checked that lamp graphic. I think it behaves more like a decorative set, like one of the B-Es. The best thing is probably add it onto another decorative tilesheet so that you're not taking up an entire spritesheet on a single graphic.

Marsigne likes this.
  15. Little Paw

Little Paw Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm not sure which month it was - that's part of the problem, I just went through and dumped all the ReStaff music into one folder a while back.

Marsigne likes this.
  16. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    If it is the REStaff track, then it's October 2013, by djDarkX

I do have other tracks with that name, but that's the only one in a Staff Release that I can find.

Marsigne likes this.
  17. Shinma

Shinma Lurker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As usual, such awesome work. You all never cease to amaze me with your talent and skills. This mix of winter themed stuff is great!

18. MHRob

MHRob Card Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    A fantastic job, everyone. Thank you very much for sharing these with us.

19. H0lly

H0lly Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    A general question:

When a Guest Contributor did not provide any Terms of Use file, or a ReStaff member is not listed here, can one assume CC BY (attribution via credits is sufficient for commercial use)?

Other than that I'd like to provide some general feedback:

For people like me, it would be SO helpful if contributors would make it a little more clear whether their files are RTP edits or not. Often, some of the assets in one folder are edits while others are not, and the readme-files do not always contain that information for each asset individually. That's why I'd suggest to adopt a rule that states "every file that is an edit of the RTP must contain the word >>edit<< in the file name", or something comparable.

And lastly: A big thank you for all the free graphical and acoustic assets! It really enables designers/programmers like myself. :)

Dreadshadow likes this.
  20. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Assumptions are never safe.

Best thing to do is PM that person or ask here on this very thread.