ReStaff January 2014 Release!

Discussion in 'Resource Staff Releases' started by Archeia, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    [​IMG]

Welcome everyone to the January 2014 ReStaff Release!
    For this month, we decided to celebrate the new year with
    the theme, Death and Rebirth, New Beginnings and Love.

Thanks to our lovely Guest Contributors and ReStaffers,
    for making this month a success!

Information about Commercial usage can be found here.
    If you want to be a Guest Contributor, go here!

We also don't allow the resources to be redistributed anywhere else.
    If you want to share it, please direct them here instead!
    Thank you for your patronage.

DOWNLOAD LINK
    [​IMG]
    Our Guest Contributors and Restaff collaborate this month to work with a coherent theme!
    Caz has graciously tried to make a video to showcase all of the materials that were submitted!
    Some are still missing, but it should be a good preview!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Fomar0153 returns with a skip text script! Make textboxes not appear at will. Super useful for debugging your events~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]Scythuz dominates the music section with 10 tracks and a rocking angel theme for our favorite VX hero! It's his first time contributing as an official member of ReStaff! Woo!
    [​IMG]Quigon returns this month with 6 horror-esque tracks!
    [​IMG]McTricky is back! Enjoy two battle themes for your gaming pleasure~
    [​IMG]DesperateMeasurez submits a Death March theme this month!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]Ocean contributes for the first time! Look at these rocking icons~
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]Thalzon keeps on being awesome by contributing 7 Battlers!
    He has some pretty amazing designs and ya'll should check it out~
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]PandaMaru submits pure angelic goodness this month based on RMXP Angels and a Phoenix!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]Caz made a plane!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]ChaosAvian rocks on with some horrific battlers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]Indrah returns this month with tons of tile edits!
    Furnitures, Beds, Bones, you name it~
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]Matseb2611 contributes again with some rocking creepy tiles!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]Candacis returns with a pub!
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2017
    sb~, puMaDee, DoctorArtist and 33 others like this.
  2. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Please everyone, read this.

We would really appreciate feedback!

Did you guys like our works? Was there something you didn't like?  What do you want to see more from us? 

Feedback helps us keep going on giving out these free stuff. We listen to constructive criticism!

So please, take time to comment on the works of our contributors. It really means a lot to us.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
    Bonkers and Scythuz like this.
  3. Bonkers

Bonkers Bioware, do you need a nap? Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Heya, looks great buy when I clicked on the download link it said "Undefined".  

EDIT:  Works perfect now.  Downloading.

4. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Weird, Mediafire linkage is broken I fixed it.

5. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    That pool table rocks!

PS: tried it out, still returns 404 for me

6. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
  7. Quigon

Quigon electric boogaloo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Wooooh this looks awesome! Ocean, I love those icons~

8. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    that one linked on your post works

9. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm loving this Restaff! The pub tiles are exactly what I was looking for. Thank you everyone for your hard work.

10. ShinGamix

ShinGamix DS Style 4Ever! Veteran

First Language:
    April Fools
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I wish a few things in reference to the restaff releases.

• the dl size was listed in the posts for the releases.
    • The Pack wasn't one whole download. I wish I could dl parts separately. Music/Battlers/Scripts/Tiles/Icons/Other
    • and does the restaff releases seem to have a lot of dl issues at first. I noticed it. happened a few times.
    other than that no complaints!!! Great job & love the stuff!

11. Quigon

Quigon electric boogaloo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'd love to hear some feedback of the songs I did this time round, most of them were a pretty different style than usual, and I'd appreciate the criticisims~

Also feedback for releases like this are super important to keep all the awesome artists providing for this badass community, because everyone, me included, take that in and are able to produce resources y'all can use. So if you've got specific things to say then go ahead, 'cause we all love what we do and love soaking up dat' sexy feedback yo.

Caz, Scythuz and Archeia like this.
  12. Bonkers

Bonkers Bioware, do you need a nap? Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Really pleased with the bar set.  Lots of good elements from the dirty dishes to the pool tables and accents for the mirror behind the bar.  Indrah's crystals are nice and came at a good time for me.  One of the music pieces "Piercing the Wind" was particularly nice.  Very vibrant and good pace.  A Higher Purpose, Spring Breeze, and Mountain Ascent were of particular note as well which have good scene potential.

The plane seems to have a guide(straight) line under it in the shadows.  It also seems to have a dividing line atop it, and going down into a curve towards the cockpit.  It kinda disrupts from how nicely detailed it is.

EDIT:  Quigon, sorry I nearly missed your folder.  

Elizabeth is a very stirring atmospheric piece.  I really enjoyed it's build up and carry mid way.

Here is a place of dissatisfaction is very chaotic for one of your pieces.  There are a lot of elements going on.  Another good piece for atmosphere use.

Other Echos felt like it was made for underwater or spacious exploration.  It's short and thrilling, but it really doesn't go the places your other work does.  It just sits.

Blue Night is marked "Dahlia" on my player for some reason.  It starts to pick up but the other background elements start to drown out that pace it creates.  

Kingdom has a more exotic feel to it.  Almost Arabian or eastern.  

Archeia and Quigon like this.
  13. AwesomeCool

AwesomeCool Bratty and spoiled little sister Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I think I will redowload it just to have another copy of the angel battle song again XD.

Archeia likes this.
  14. D4yz

D4yz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Critique I will!

Over all, awesome release I'd say. I love how there's a sort of batch work feel.

@Fomar - I haven't gotten to the portion of game development that requires me to use your script (or any lol..) but I can definately see why this one would be practical. I actually just got done browsing every ReStaff since 2012 of May. And you have definately made some very cool scripts that I will no doubt be using. Hope you don't mind me PM'ing you here and there for help with them when the time comes. ^^

@Thalzon - Sequential battlers, evolutions or otherwise, very cool stuff Thalzon. I like your genuine creativity, it shows amongst all your pieces.

@PandaMaru - Very nice battler additions, right off the top of my head is integrating momma pheonix with some eggs, and timers to cause them to hatch. Just looks like alot of flexibility. The angels are very sharp also!

@Quigon - Never really browsed music at this point, but due to Archeia requesting feedback I decided to do so. And I have to say, Elizabeth..Is beautiful. All very nice peices.

@Scythuz - You sneaky fellow lol. Angelic as Ralph feels so very FFVII. It reminices but still has its own unique flavor. Loved it, as well as the rest.

@Candacis - Have I been to that bar before? That is one awesomely medievil take on a modern-esque pub. Very clever and well executed. Your auto tiles are very original as well!

@Caz - A plane! Ha, how wicked is that! My only thought would be, what tile set might go with this? Not to mesh perfectly but to give the environement. Maybe a landing strip set to go with it? In general though- its a frickin plane lol, that's too cool. And it's so clean. One day.. Them skills.. One day. :p

@ChaosAvian - Awesome battlers, I might have nightmares due to deadhead.. But awesome all the same! -twitch o.o-

@DesperateMeasurez - Really like how subtle the feel to Death March is, while still leaving an impact. Nicely done!

@Indrah - Awesome range of little additions, its these kind of sheets that are fun to poke through and compile. :)

@Matseb2611 - These reapers are sick. I so wanna use them in my game.. <.< Lol. Very nice tile work as well, unique but still fitting.

@McTricky - Very sharp tracks. Piercing the Wind could easily be the BGM to every world battle, it's just that upbeat and consistent feel.

@Ocean - I like how unique the styling is for those icons. Someone could easily follow the scheme and make something less RTP and still stylisticly clean.

Overall: Awesome job, lots of hard work there! I might take a go at contributing once I get a little better. :p

15. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    #1 why? It's listed when you press download now since Mediafire. I could do that but I don't see the point.

#2 That would be unfair to all contributors and everyone should have a chance for their work to be seen and heard. Plus uploading them like that is a pain for the organizer. I barely have enough time to make resources, let alone organize stuff. 

#3 IDK why but that's probably Mediafire just screwing up it's Clipboard copy thing. Download center is not our problem and more of the forum software.

16. Mr. Detective

Mr. Detective NATO Special Operative Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Maybe you guys could try making some cyberspace themed materials, like battleback, tilesets, or battlers? You guys have already done fantasy and modern materials, so how about something different? Your resources are usually great and all, but I didn't have many chance to use them.

Other than that, nice work. I like Caz's plane the most. :)

17. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain) Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Let's see...

@Candacis:

Your awesome tiles makes me want to create a game called "Pub Quest", they fits perfectly the RTP style.

And that pool table and cash register... *_*

The pool table makes me want to play pool games (just by looking at it)...ahah

@Caz:

Professional work, I would love to see a whole modern airport from you in future (if I don't ask too much). ;)

@Chaos Avian:

Creepy and cool at the same way! I always loved how you use colors in your art.

The Lost Soul is awesome and it fits perfectly for both a frontal and a sideview BS, which is an awesome thing if you ask me.

@DesperateMeasurez:

MY THEME! It's amazing, scary, wicked and twisted...this song is made for Dalph!

Thanks a lot for making it, I had a lot of troubles to find the appropriate music theme for my character. :D

You're an amazing composer!

@Indrah:

The Queen of Rants! :D

The bones, oh my god those bones are...amazing and the colors of the crystals too! I freakin' love these tiles...well done woman...well done... :)

@Matseb2611:

Those are very nice, the Red Walls kinda reminds me about the Womb level in "The Binding of Isaac". Good job man.

@McTricky:

False Adversary reminds me about Kingdom Hearts...amazing.

@Ocean:

Awesome icons! And I freakin' love the hilarious troll faces on the vegetables...ahahah

@Fomar0153:

You saved my life with this one man, now testing my game isn't as boring as before (yes, I use a lot of text messages). ;)

@PandaMaru:

I'm a fan of your work, I love how you create things that fits perfectly with the RTP style, the main problem with your resources is... that they're too awesome and this fact makes me want to add everything into my game. XD

@Quigon:

I can sense a strong feel of sadness and melancholy into this themes...awesome work. :)

Elizabeth is...is...there are no words to describe it... *_*

You're an amazing musician (just as everyone here).

@Scythuz:

Music-man!

I always knew that you were a Ralph's disciple in truth (don't lie to me), but who cares? I still love your music...ahah

tsk...tsk...don't you think that you made Ralph look too epic with that awesome theme? ...XD

@Thalzon:

I say this everytime but I'm not tired to repeat it, your battlers are awesome!

And you also gave me a great idea for a boss fight with those tomatoes enemies (looking at them makes me remember one of my playthroughs in FFXII)...ahahah

Great work!
    Congrats to everyone for the awesome work!

I will contribuite in future, too (when I'll hopefully improve my skills).

Susan, Matseb2611, Caz and 4 others like this.
  18. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank you to all the people who have given feedback so far, it's really appreciated! :)

D4yz likes this.
  19. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Hey guys, I took down the download for a bit and updating one of the resources! Specifically there was a small confusion and Aindra was credited instead of Lunarea in one of Indrah's beds. Please be patient ;w; 

20. Chiara

Chiara Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looks great. Thanks for the wonderful resources. <3

I'll be posting feedback sometime in the next few days. Don't have much time right now (and a headache that keeps me from listening to the music), so it'll take a while.