ReStaff January 2014 Release!

Discussion in 'Resource Staff Releases' started by Archeia, Feb 5, 2014.

1. DeviTheHuman

DeviTheHuman (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I love the stuff you guys make and really appreciate the diversity of talent.

2. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Okay! The DL link has been updated~ Enjoy :D

3. DesperateMeasurez

DesperateMeasurez Darren Curtis Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Why, thank you! Much appreciated.

How did you know I was thinking of you when I made this piece? Spookular... Haha, thanks a lot. I appreciate it! I'm glad it will get some use!

Dalph and Chaos Avian like this.
  4. McTricky

McTricky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    A bit of trivia. The song "Piercing The Wind" was composed while I was drunk. :3

iRonan, Oriceles, Alkorri and 2 others like this.
  5. AwesomeCool

AwesomeCool Bratty and spoiled little sister Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Get drunk more? lol (drunk = good music XD )

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
  6. ShinGamix

ShinGamix DS Style 4Ever! Veteran

First Language:
    April Fools
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    My main reason is that I myself have satellite internet (nothing else is available where I live except very slow dial up) that is why I was asking about issue 1 and 2. I only have so much dl allowance a day. So I have to choose wisely.

7. Palsa

Palsa General of Aurda Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Excellent works, thank you for these. ^_^

8. Oriceles

Oriceles 0 + a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2 Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I usually like the works of restaff when they are more inclined to the RTP or closest as posible (that is why personally I've been missing Archeia, Scinaya, and Jalen like crazy).

Music additions has always been awesome too (specially Scythuz, DesperateMeasurez and Djdarkx retro tracks) 

Honestly the only things that I want to stop having on restaff are Thalzon battlers and Timmah animations, I always have to delete those folders, I like variety and quantity, but the style is just meh.

I would like to see more Pandamaru's tiles, and some sideview battlers like the ones included on DS resource pack.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
  9. EvilEagles

EvilEagles Stargazer Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Honestly the only people that I want ReStaff to stop distributing free resources to are people like you. Sure you may not like some of them, but you're not the only one getting these benefits. If you don't like something, then say you don't like it, and stop there. No need to "oh I have to delete them all the time and they're just meh."

Don't be a dick to people with the abilities to create art and still doing it for free for everyone. Ever heard about manners?

Bukarett, Quigon, Chaos Avian and 3 others like this.
  10. Oriceles

Oriceles 0 + a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2 Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was half-drunk when I wrote that post. And yes I was very rude. :dizzy:

Excuse me guys, I shouldn't have appointed a critic on that way.  :blink:   :headshake:

11. KieronGryph

KieronGryph Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm loving this ReStaff! I could definitely use the horror stuff for a place like Tartarus.

And that baby-thing, ooh, I've got to come up with an enemy to use that with.

12. Seacliff

Seacliff RPG Maker Mastermind Veteran

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Though there are a lot of cool graphics you all have that I occasionally use, the highlight of every restaff for me is the music.

Though this month had a little less music than average, I wasn't disappointed in the least. I might make a game using mostly these songs, I love them that much.

Also the pud tile set looks neat, I think I'll try that out in the game too.

As for suggestions, something that fits for a icy and dark final boss would be really nice, I tried looking pass the last two years of restaff and can't find anything fitting enough.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
  13. ShinGamix

ShinGamix DS Style 4Ever! Veteran

First Language:
    April Fools
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    btw wanted to add that I really like that battle system in the first part of the video!!

The music is quickly becoming my favorite part

Blue Night by Quigon is awesome!

Angelic as Ralph Battle Theme by Scythuz!! OMFG! Kefka would be proud!! End boss Theme!

Candacis Thanks for those great tiles!

and Caz now i can have a goblin on the wing of the plane but will need a crashed plane one day.

14. Scinaya

Scinaya ~ Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    @Oriceles: Thank you for the positive feedback for the RTP style contributors. I do wish no one will feel like or have to stop their contributions, as for someone else that bit is the cherry on their cake. Maybe the ReStaff can take into consideration to find more RTP contributors. ;w;

I have now retired from ReStaff, so I won't be contributing at least regularly. Will try to plug in some goodies as a guest maybe on longer holidays. Glad that the thing is still flying with quite the packs otherwise. <3

Oriceles likes this.
  15. myname0078

myname0078 Warper Member

First Language:
    Thai
    Thank you very very very MUCH !!! :rock-left:   :guffaw:   :rock-right:

16. Julien Brightside

Julien Brightside Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Norway
    It is not always I find use for the music in my game, but I do enjoy listening to the things that people have composed.

Whenever I see a Restaff release, it makes my day.

McTricky likes this.
  17. Alkorri

Alkorri Proofreading Penguin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    (Late to the party, I know)

OMG a plane! A pub! You guys made my day! (Days ago but I needed time to listen to the music) I hope you guys realise how amazing you are for providing these resources every month. The amount of content is inspiring and my goal is to someday make games worthy of these!

As for what I'd like, I know it's silly but I would love more generator parts, either Ace's RTP or Archeia's 

@Quigon - Lovely mood pieces again. I am surprisingly intrigued by Descend Only into the World of Perpetual Solitude - my favourite is around the 1:00 mark. It feels as if though that this song is supposed to proceed to Here is a Place of Disaffection? Or was that my imagination? ;D Kingdom will also be perfect for this Asian-theme game I planned. Thanks!

@Scythuz - Cold Winter is absolutely beautiful. I could listen to this forever. Faded Reflections is also perfect for a cutscene I had in mind. I love how Higher Purpose starts out quiet then surprises you with all this emotion

@McTricky - Epic tunes there. Piercing the Wind is definitely a favourite and it could fit in easily with the other RTP music, which is not meant as an insult!

@DesperateMeasurez - I can just imagine some evil emperor or warlord striding down the hallway with this tune playing!

@Thalzon - I never need to add your name to my Battler folders because your style is always distinctive :) My favourite is 024_Omatrent. It looks so badass

@Fomar - Thank you for the script! Gonna be really useful for testing (when I actually get around to making a game)

@Pandamaru - I love your Phoenixegg! I like the Saint too - she looks like she could spank you

@Ocean - Those icons are loverly. More veggies are great! Even if some of those vegetables have faces and look too frightening to eat o_O

@Caz - Your plane makes me so happy. I have this urge to paint the sides of this plane somehow. I didn't see it the first time until someone pointed it out, but the straight line that begins to curve down towards the nose of the plane was a bit noticeable, but hardly awful. I'm also happy you provided a shadow - I thought the light was from the top right, though, so are shadows supposed to be towards the lower left of an object...? I might be mistaken. Thank you for the plane, Caz 

@Indrah - Beds! Bones! Mwahaha, I was just thinking we needed more skeletons on the dungeon floors. Your edits are always very welcome, and I didn't even know bunkbeds were possible. The only thing I found strange was the pointy corners of your sidebeds, but this is easily corrected. Love your tutorials too.

@Chaos Avian - Man if this is Deadhead Normal, is there a Deadhead Abnormal somewhere? Deliciously creepy. 

@Matseb2611 - I didn't know you did art too! I love the eyeballs. Can't wait to put them on a wall somewhere and freak someone out with it > : )

@Candacis - Dirty dishes have never made me so happy. Thank you so much for the different chopping boards, dart board, carpet tiles! This must have been taken an insane number of hours.

Lord I hope I didn't accidentally leave anyone out. Lost this reply once already lol.

Amazing work, everyone! You make me happy.

18. Quigon

Quigon electric boogaloo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I used those songs in my own game and have them crossfading, so you're not off the mark there haha. Thank you so much for all the feedback guys, I really appreciate it!

19. Candacis

Candacis Pixel Pusher Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming :)

I like to stay as close to standard rtp as possbile since I think most people still use this and I use it, too. But I think, it would be nice to dabble into some more modern stuff. Same style, but different timeline.

20. amerk

amerk Veteran Member

First Language:
    English
    The quality has been very impressive. I really appreciate the work that both Timmah and Thalzon put in. If it wasn't for Timmah, we wouldn't have such a huge array of animations. And Timmah has a very consistent style with his battlers that's so different from the RTP, and he has so many of them they could easily replace the RTP. Between his, the RTP, and now Tyler Warren's, there's so much to choose from.

I wouldn't mind seeing facesets in Thalzon's style, even as an RTP edit. That way they don't clash with people using his battlers, plus a script that allows facesets to appear in battle, but that's a minor thing for me.

I also can't thank the music composers enough. I take careful notations of all tracks I listen to and indicate what areas of a game they could be used in. So I've listened to every track so far, and these are such excellent composers. The fact that they've taken their hard-earned time to compose their material and release them to us for use (some of which can be used in a commercial project) - there's not enough praise or appreciation that can go out to show our thanks for the contributions they provide the community.

Some of us will never aspire to anything beyond hobby game making, and that's still what I love best about RPG Maker; the ability to put our hobbies to use, form communities and friends, and share our love for rpg's. While we can sit and complain that EB should do this or that, no other company or product that I'm aware of has created the huge online community as RM has.

The fact that all the staff and guest contributors provide their resources to use makes it ever so possible to create well designed games, even if they are free. And it's one of the primary reasons I mainly play RM games now instead of console. That and the fact that I'm an RPG junkie.