ReStaff January 2014 Release!

Discussion in 'Resource Staff Releases' started by Archeia, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    pst I think you mean Thalzon :D

2. amerk

amerk Veteran Member

First Language:
    English
    A big facepalm. Yes, Thalzon.

Now I must shake my head in shame for my own blunder.

:headshake:

3. UindoOokami

UindoOokami Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I would like to see more tilesets like the pub, stuff that expands on the default RTP. I'm not sure about a lot of people, but I think the RTP is beautiful if used correctly and I think needs more tiles.

4. Sophitia

Sophitia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I just wanted to thank everyone who worked so hard to create these resources. And it's all such high quality too, really impressive. I don't have much else to say but, if you want feedback, I guess more animations couldn't hurt. They seem to be the thing a lot of people use the RTP for so more variety in that area would be nice. :)

Fomar0153 likes this.
  5. Jomarcenter

Jomarcenter jomarcenter-MJM Veteran

First Language:
    ENGLISH
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you make great music while you're drunk I could give you beer instead of money if I going to pay you to make music. lol...

McTricky likes this.
  6. McTricky

McTricky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Money would fund the alcohol xD

iRonan and Jonnie91 like this.
  7. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    and all restaff member will become alcholic xD?

8. Chiara

Chiara Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    *awkward silence*

Well, better late than never, right? :blush:

Sorry if I repeat stuff others already have said and I hope I haven't forgotten anyone.

Let's just hope that I'll finish feedback for the February one before the one after that comes out.

@Candacis:I love the A2 sheet. Especially the table with tablecloth will come in handy. I'm just curious about the carpet pattern in the two middle rows, the green and the red ones: Is it supposed to not be centred? It's looking great, nevertheless.

As for the other tiles, those dirty dishes look creepy. I don't want to clean them. D:

@Caz:

I believe the line in the cast shadow has already been mentioned, apart from that I've nothing to say. *makes silly plane noises* I mean, nothing useful, apart from 'looks awesome!', of course. :D

@Chaos Avian:

Well, before I come across the wrong way, I first separate "technical" feedback from the "design" feedback. Technically, the battlers look great. Clean lines, simple colours and gradients. But holy sheep, I don't think I've ever seen such an ugly thing ever before. *stares at 'Deadhead Normal' in horror*. Congratulations, you scared someone who usually runs towards monster images with an "awwwwwwwit'ssocutelookatitsfangsandspikes".

@DesperateMeasurez:

Perfect villain theme. Puts images in my head, of bridges made of stone tens of metres above a sea of lava, to a giant basalt throne where some emperor of the deep rises to greet his captives.

@Indrah:

Those bones! I'll never have to worry about where to get piles of bones from again. Or spend the time creating them. I never even thought I'd ever need them, but now that I see them...

And a big <3 for the stairs (both of them) in 'Furniture'. Just what I needed.

@Matseb2611:

Aww, eyes! Nothing better than eyes in walls. I tend to use eyes in walls to give my characters nightmares. Now this makes me happy.

One thing I'd like to point out is with 'Blinking Eye': when it's closed, it doesn't look round anymore. Something about the shading of the eyelids I think.

@McTricky:

- False Adversary:

This reminds me a bit of one of your other tracks, 'False Benevolence'. Which is a good thing, means they'd fit into the same game area.

It feels a bit noisy (as in lots of stuff going on) every now and then, but I nonetheless like it.

- Piercing The Wind:

This one had me at 00:28. Though I'm not too fond of that weird sound that appears after 00:40, but that's just personal taste.

@Ocean:

I love the colours of the icons. And vegetables with faces? I can never eat them. D:

@Fomar0153:

Looks very useful. I love scripts that make a developer's life easier. <3

@PandaMaru:

Aww, those phoenixes are lovely.

@Quigon:

- Blue Night:

Makes me somehow picture a moment of uncomfortable truth.

- Descend Only Into the World of Perpetual Solitude:

Very atmospheric. Feels somehow... Stealthy and the ending leaves me wanting more. D:

- Elizabeth:

This sounds just wonderful. Even though I usually tend to be overly sensitive to high tones. It leaves me with an impression of light-coloured walls. Don't know why, my imagination is weird sometimes.

- Here Is a Place of Disaffection:

Walking down an empty hallway, the only company are statues or busts in corners with dead eyes.

- Kingdom:

Man, your tracks are filled with images. This one actually feels like a painting. If this were a painting, I'd talk about good use of negative space. It's wonderfully subtle.

- Other Echoes Inhabit the Garden:

Atmospheric again. Reminds me somehow of the Deus Ex Human Revolution soundtrack, which is among my favourites.

@Scythuz:

- A Higher Purpose:

Feels quite melancholic with a slight tint of hope.

- Angelic as Ralph Battle Theme:

00:27 = <3. 00:56 = <3<3. Electric guitars + stuff with strings = Chiara's super weak spot.

- Cold Winter:

This makes me sad. Sounds fitting for character death. ._.

- Death Lives:

The beginning made me picture a pretty pissed-off death guy hammering against his coffin. Then: "Now, which one of you idiots put me in there?!". Haha, the whole track is a scene in itself. My imagination has lots of fun.

- Escape!:

I like how it sounds.

- Faded Reflections:

<3

- Halls of Life:

Subtle and nice. Mind pictures a temple rooftop.

- Mountain Ascent:

Really like the beginning part. And the ending. Yeah, also the middle part. Whole thing is great.

- Restaff is in the Air:

Has some really nice-sounding parts, but thanks to my hearing being overly sensitive to high tones I couldn't really enjoy it, unfortunately. ._.

- Spring Breeze:

Same goes for this one.

@Thalzon:

Interesting designs, I like the battlers. The tomato ones could have used some bounced light in the shadow areas, though, to make them look a little more round, but then they maybe don't fit with the rest of the battlers anymore, I think. Don't know. Just wanted to mention it. :)

Sharm, Scythuz and Archeia like this.
  9. JAD94

JAD94 The lunar knight Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow these are incredible! Is the pub available for commercial use? I checked the restaff resources commercial usage forum and Candacis wasn't there for either.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
  10. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    She should have commercial terms of use in her folder :o

11. Ceifeiro

Ceifeiro Warper Member

First Language:
    English.