Announcement ReStaff July 2018

xevilxGodlike

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Shout out to whtdragon, The Mighty Palm & hiddenone !! Thanks alot guys for your awesome devotion to the RPG community !! Respect , loves and see ya laters. :XP01B:

LUKElcs

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I completely screwed up my kid generator by trying to import all the male and female assets into the
kid files. It's now completely screwed up, and I think the best thing to do would be to just empty the kid files and
put the originals in. can anyone get me the originals. I would make this my own post, but I can't seem to figure
out how to make one since nothing on the internet is intuitive.

Dankovsky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
RU
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ReStaff is now updated! This includes the missing cooking sprites from @hiddenone and megapack download!

From now on, we'll be uploading in itch!
Itch is a great idea. Would be great if you uploaded previous Restaff packs & free assets there too.

Thank you guys a lot for your hard and selfless work :)

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Itch is a great idea. Would be great if you uploaded previous Restaff packs & free assets there too.

Thank you guys a lot for your hard and selfless work :)
That is the plan but it's not high priority for me right now.

Lady_Blackpearl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you! There's some cute hairstyle too! Never enough of hairstyles!

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That stuff is pretty cool. Thanks a whole bunch. I think I'll just download the whole kitten kaboodle.

Hey, Archeia, mind if I have your ear for a second? Now, this download gives some options to use for the generator in the way of kid parts. But unfortunately, when it comes to kids, there aren't many options. At the very least, I would like to have a facial structure more associated with boys, the current one looks so girlish that all I can make are girls with it. Complete with different colors in the eyes and hair, I think that would really help. And really, that the only issue I have with the Character Generator.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hey, Archeia, mind if I have your ear for a second? Now, this download gives some options to use for the generator in the way of kid parts. But unfortunately, when it comes to kids, there aren't many options. At the very least, I would like to have a facial structure more associated with boys, the current one looks so girlish that all I can make are girls with it. Complete with different colors in the eyes and hair, I think that would really help. And really, that the only issue I have with the Character Generator.
You should ask the respective ReStaff artists for that too. @hiddenone and @whtdragon created most of the parts after all :)

But if you really want more variety of KID generator parts we already made some over here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/season-pass-dlc4-kids-released.71789/

I'll think about it too though.

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah. I already have the Season pass actually. And even with it, the options are pretty limited. I just want kids who aren't so girlish, y'know?

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great stuff as always, you guys rock!

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Yeah. I already have the Season pass actually. And even with it, the options are pretty limited. I just want kids who aren't so girlish, y'know?
Personally I think all kids look 'girlish' but more accurately cute to invoke protection and all that jazz.

The thing is, kids are pretty unisex. The face doesn't fully set masculine features until well into puberty. The only thing that will make them look like a "man" is through their Hair and Clothes. Here's a Kid that could pass as both male or female.
upload_2018-9-10_5-55-21.png

With just a simple change of hair style, you can call him a "boy" but there's not much difference on them. Another one is here. Boy on the left, just slightly longer hair on the right:
upload_2018-9-10_5-58-33.png

if you try to go too hardcore on kid parts to have more masculine features, you run into a risk of them looking like dwarves.

Alternatively, you can use a chubby base so you can get something like this result if it helps make it a bit more "boyish"
FG_Face_p02_c1_m001 - Copy.png
upload_2018-9-10_6-4-44.png

Alternatively is to take some cues from some men hairstyles and don't use any front hair at all from the generator. Since it's a common male hairstyle to just slick back their hair like this:
upload_2018-9-10_6-30-27.pngupload_2018-9-10_6-31-49.png

To me these looks boyish enough and not girly.

Another alternative is to create a western base where square jaws are a lot more predominant. But we'll see.

Last edited:

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really think it's the jawline, honestly. In the second picture for instance, the jawline is a bit more round. That's what I mean though. Hmm.. for some reason though, I don't have the chubby base in the character generator. Now I'm scratching my head.

Was that chubby base released in the Season Pass? If so, then it's missing. But that's exactly what I need!

Last edited:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
I really think it's the jawline, honestly. In the second picture for instance, the jawline is a bit more round. That's what I mean though. Hmm.. for some reason though, I don't have the chubby base in the character generator. Now I'm scratching my head.

Was that chubby base released in the Season Pass? If so, then it's missing. But that's exactly what I need!

Yeah because it's common in the west to have a more squared jawline as opposed to east (round is more common) so I can see why it might look off to you. I made that chubby one just now to see if it's something you want :3

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, that's something that I want.
Would you mind sharing the file?

Last edited:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
@OmnislashXX I already did. It's in the post I made. Just make a variation file that has the same file name so you can display it on the generator.

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You did? I must be losing my mind then, cause I don't see it.

Oh wait, the actual picture above the sample. Oh ok.

Hmm... well i've placed it into the Generator files, but it's not showing up at all. I wonder what is wrong here.

Last edited:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

tfw, I found one of my skill ability in my game is not worth picking and had to plan to buff it. But my players seemed to use it without complaining. Now, idk if I should buff it or leave it as is.
I have recently discovered a Limit breaker for RPGmaker VXA, needless to say this changes everything.also I really like the changes this website has made.
It seems that my favorite anime page finally kicked the bucket... :,c
work in progres c:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agaricia