ReStaff June 2015

Discussion in 'Resource Staff Releases' started by Caz, Jun 3, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Ksi

Ksi ~RTP Princess~ Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Um, on the site redirect thing, most of the time it is a malware/virus issue. I've had it happen to me and I had to get a good anti-virus to get rid of the issue, but if you're being redirected from a page it's most likely that. And it's weird because it tends to happen only the first time you click the link, too (though on a few times I had it happen constantly). I highly recommend getting something like 360 Total Security and Spybot: Search and Destroy in order to weed it out. Also, check your extensions/add-ons - sometimes they sneak in there, bundled with some other download or installation at one point or another.

I've not had any redirects since I checked over my computer and mediafire works just peachy for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2015
  2. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Too early for me to comment on much else, but, DM/Darren, awesome job on your tracks.  I really liked "What are these monsters" in particular! :)

DesperateMeasurez likes this.
  3. Chiara

Chiara Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ooh, banners to preview stuff are nice. Not sure about the graphics that have been rotated, though. Somehow feels weird to me. ^^"

Yet again, thank you dear resource staff people + guests for all those resources!

This time, I'm in time with my feedback.
    Graphics:

@Archeia: Ralph with something uniform-y? Looks so grown-up!
    @Avery: <3 Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte? Sorry, I don't know if there is an English term for this (or do they also call it the same? Or ... Black Forest... Cherry Cake?), but, but! *tries not to drool too much* I'm always awe-struck when I see your icons. So well-done!
    Also like Artemis' expression. Don't want to pick a fight with her.
    @Candacis: So many diverse wooden walls! Aww, and the animals are so cute.
    I can also see some uses for non-farm settings (need to keep in mind this metal fence).
    @Caz: The tree is amazingly pretty, and I love that little ... pyramid of logs (I'm sure there's a term I don't know for it).
    @Chaos Avian: Is trying to apply texture to the battlers a new technique you used this time or did I only just notice? Very interesting. Love the silhouettes of the little creatures. The "Fangweed”, though, confuses me a bit, visually, when I try to understand where and how it sits in space. To me, it right now seems as if the "head” was placed farther away from the viewer than the lower part where it grows from the "ground”. It's unusual, so it left me with a moment of "what's going on?”, but it's only minor. Still, can't stay silent when I notice something, hope you don't mind. ^^”
    @hiddenone: Squirrel! Now we can have distraction inside our games! Haha, seeing those squirrels makes me happy. So cute. The ducks are cute, too, but I like little fluffy cute little red ninja squirrels better.
    @Matseb2611: So many things! I love the Roman sprites and the Greek tiles. The Glowing Decoratings have some really pretty shapes in them, and the alien sprites are adorable (disclaimer: I also find reptilians and lots of fantasy monsters adorable in a way, so they do look like proper alien monster creatures to me).
    @Palladinthug: Those are so cute. Love how you changed little things in their expressions to make them look differently even without colours.
    @slimmmeiske2: Good job with those sprites. But I just remembered how I used to be scared of the cheshire cat. Thankfully, yours is cute.
    @Thalzon: Now I want to see "appliance_09” in battle using a skill named "I'm a little tea pot”. And I just realized: With your battlers, everything is out to kill the player. Including the locks on their doors.
    Music:
    Don't know much about music, so only my impressions, without much thinking, fresh from my brain:
    @DesperateMeasurez: "Forward March!” sounds less like marching forward and more like cautiously advancing in the general direction of enemy lines to me (maybe it's just me). But only in the beginning. Probably inexperienced infanterists who needed another push – because after the beginning part, they seem to have found some courage. Track sparks imagination.
    Somehow I get the feeling that "Unholy Desecration” is quite the versatile track. From sinister subterranean civilization to hyper-industrialized advanced culture in the far-off future – inspiring.
    "What are these monsters” is so fun to listen to. Would fit perfectly with the "everyone wears black and sunglasses and there's lots of neon details everywhere” aesthetic, I'd think. Haha. <3
    @McTricky: "Battle Royale” is catchy, I'm humming along. Like it. But "Decisive Skirmish” is also pretty cool. Both sure will make very good battle music. The latter gives off a boss battle-vibe.
    "Nuances of Valor” reminds me of another track of yours. Really like it that so much of your work fits with each other so well (as in, some even resemble each other enough so they could be used as context-specific variations on battle themes in the same game – hard to express well what I mean, sorry).
    I think I like the regular "Yggdrasil's sword” better – it somehow gives off the feeling of two armies united against a common enemy thanks to the additional instrument. Not too sure about the voice, though. But in general I like it.

4. Esrever

Esrever Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This thread has made my head hurt. Let's address some things.

Firstly, if you were to use any Ad blocking software, I'd recommend uBlock Origin over anything else. I've never had popups occur while using MediaFire using this extension. In my opinion it has better filtering options than any other extensions out there, and it even lowers the system impact your browser causes, while most other ad blocking extensions actually increases the amount of taxing on your CPU/RAM. It even allows you to use the same block lists from Adblock if you so desire. If you insist on using an Adblock variant, then I'd have to say Adblock Plus is one of the better ones, but be sure to disable their acceptable ads feature. Yes, that's right. Adblock Plus has ads that are still enabled by default. I also advice against Adblock because it is closed source software and thus unable to be reliably reviewed/audited for what is actually being done with your data. An additional precautionary setup would be to modify your hosts file.

As a final note on ad blocking extensions, I implore everyone to whitelist the sites they know and love. Many website offset their hosting costs through advertisements. Blocking ads prevents them from being paid for each impression that could have potentially been had would you have not otherwise blocked it. Help support the sites you frequently visit by permitting ads being displayed. I wholeheartedly think that every user has the right to control what goes on their computers, but I also believe in supporting the content you wish to keep on going. If a website is unable to keep up with costs, it has the potential need to close up shop. Since we're on the topic of extensions, I'll list some other recommendations.

Firefox

Chromium (Pre-Built Binaries Here) / Google Chrome / Vivaldi

Opera

Now to quote myself from this thread trying to help out another user on security software.

Alright, now onto the topic of filelockers (Dropbox / Google Drive / Microsoft OneDrive / etc.) and bandwidth limits.

DropBox

I know we've moved away from the discussion of Dropbox being a viable option, but I wish to further touch on it to illustrate a point.

I think you might perhaps be referring to this? Dropbox did turn off public folders for users created after October 4th, 2012. Users from after this date may still however create public links that may be shared with others, as well as still enabling public folders by being signed on and going to this link. That said Hyaziha, I think you've been missing the point of why such services are poor options and I'll explain why.

If you view this link, you'll find the following information.

As you can see, bandwidth limits are in place and are too small for the purposes of ReStaff downloads. ReStaff submissions have been as large as 400MB in the past and it would only take 51 users to reach that limit. 1024 MB are in each GB, so we can do the math like so: (1024 * 20) / 400 = 51.2. As you can see, this simply isn't a viable option here. DropBox puts these limits in place to prevent abuse. These limits are more than enough for the typical user and in order to maintain a free tier for those users, these limits are put into place so that users who do require higher limits may upgrade to paid tiers of service which help keep the company afloat and allowing them to continue providing the free tier.

Moreover, ReStaff is not a project that receives support from Enterbrain of Degica. Just because some of those submitting to ReStaff happen to also work for Degica should mean absolutely nothing. It would be silly to think that everything a person does should be supported by the company they work for. These submissions are done in their free time as a gift to the community. Since RPGMakerWeb is one of the most highly trafficked websites concerning RPG Maker, it makes sense to utilize the site as a means to facilitate the widest distribution, and gratefully, ReStaff has been given a forum section here for such purposes. This isn't something that had to be done and it is more than anything that needs to be done. Due to all of this, you'll see that financial support isn't something you should expect to be offered from Enterbrain/Degica.

Google Drive

Google Drive does not have any published bandwidth limiting, but as users have reported, it doesn't always work for them when downloading files from the service depending on their ISP.

Steam Cloud

As Archeia had pointed out, Steam limits the amount of space available to each user for their uploads via Steam Cloud to 100MB per game. Not everyone is able to access Steam either due to it being simply unavailable to them in their country or ISP, or they don't have the Steam version of RPG Maker VX Ace and this cannot access the files. Moreover, some people use these resources in software other than RPG Maker VX Ace such as XP and VX.

So let me get this straight... You're inconvenienced by a popup, but you'd be up for having to visit multiple websites and/or download multiple files so that you could get the content. Tell me how this makes sense?

Look, they've said that other options will be explored, but if you wish to change their minds on anything in particular, try and use some sound logic so that your ideas aren't immediately dismissed. In the future, I'll personally upload the ReStaff downloads to other services such as Google Drive and others (provided I have been given permission to do so) so as to give more options to the users, as well as to silence the qualms of users like you.

EDIT: Formatting

Sixth, Susan, Goldstorm and 4 others like this.
  5. Chaos Avian

Chaos Avian Abyssal Wing Restaff

First Language:
    English
    @Chiara: Thanks for the feedback, and applying textures on my battlers have always been a thing from day 1 :p Though I'm still not quite sure what you mean about the Venomweed's head looking like its placed behind it's stem.

6. Chiara

Chiara Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Chaos Avian: Very subtle use of texture, then. : D
    Sorry for not being clear, I try it again: What I mean is... Where it connects to the ground, it's dark. Where it connects to the head, it's also dark. But in the middle right of the stem, it's got this highlight and combined with the curve of the stem, it looks as if it were somehow twisted and if I were to place it in 3D space, the head is further away than the stem where it connects to the ground – like an S shape from above.
    Wait, I scribbled a crappy approximation of how I perceive the top view to make things (hopefully) a bit more clear:

[​IMG]
    As I said, it only made me pause for a moment because I find this quite unusual (and didn't know if it's intended or not).

Chaos Avian likes this.
  7. Demon God Démigra

Demon God Démigra Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Got curious.

Pressed play on the preview button of What Are These Monsters.

Scrolled faster than light-speed, to the download link.

Slammed the download button so hard I nearly broke my finger. 

The rest is great too. Not disappointed at all, but that song reminded me instantly of Alhazad's Theme from Wild Arms: Alter Code F a.k.a. One mother-load of attractiveness in music form.

8. Avery

Avery Sleeping Dinosaur Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    First:
    I didn't finish the rest of Artemis in time, so here is the battler:
    [​IMG]
    If I have time and feel like, I'll add an bow to the bust, too and a char. That was what I actually had planned for her^^'

Graphics:
    Archeia:
    I'm still trying to figure out what it is, you favourite thing. Ralph? Drawing? Handsome guys? ;D
    Awesome work, I especially like the shading of the hair <3

Candacis:
    The stable interior was so much needed in my opinion! Great that you made it and even better that it turned out so awesome^^ The additional things for the farm exterior are also very good. That straw roof looks very fluffy :3
    More variations for the animals is also something that will add a lot more detail to games and you did a great job.

Caz:
    The RMXP nostalgia feeling is very strong with your tiles <3 Great pixel art!
    The scarecrow is too cute x3

Chaos Avian:
    Actually those monsters are somehow excactly what I expected from you when the theme was favourite thing :D
    I especially like the rafflesia, a matching char for that would be awesome^^

hiddenone
    Oh, more animals! I love the last row of the ducks with the patterns, they are too cute! <3
    The uni-colored ones, especially the yellow, seem a bit... unnatural? I have never seen adult yellow ducks. More patterns would be awesome, maybe something based on real duck patterns. Having poses for the squirrels is a very good idea, I could also think of sleeping or eating animations x3

Matseb
    I always feel like a bad person when I give critique to you (because somehow there is always something I want to say), if you have a problem with it I'll stop.
    I am not really a fan of having more fantasy versions of historical gods and if it weren't for the names below I wouldn't recognize them either as Greek or as the gods they resemble. The chars of them look good to me, but just as random fantasy chars, not as those persons. I especially like the Athena, it could be a great warrior lady in a fantasy game! 
    The decorations are a good idea and I like the helmets, shields and swords. What I don't like are the vases. The ancient greeks had a lot of different shapes for their pottery, but the common ones were these. :/
    I.. I don't know. There are really awesome things like the insectoid and other like the busts, which are to me more meh than yay.
    (And for gods sake, I don't want to stop you or something like that D: I just wish that your art becomes more awesome!)

Palladinthug
    Nice work on the chars. Now that you have a humanoid smilodon, I'd really really love to see an non-humanoid one! D:
    I think I like that blackbear most, simple and cute x3

Slim
    Haha, little red riding hood, it just had to be in there <3 Very good job!
    Somehow I'm tempted to do a bust for child red D:

Thalzon
    I have not really understood what is the theme of your battlers this time^^' But I really love the bird, it totally matches hiddenone's sprites and the spaghetti monster<3

Music:

DM:
    I really like the march, I think I have seen a lot of armys marching in RM games but never to such an epic marching track!

McTricky:
    Very athmospheric battle music! I think my favourite one is Occult At Arms!. <3

Answers

(maybe I missed some feedback because there are a lot other posts in here D; )

ksjp17

I have to admit that the jawline is one of the things I just can't keep in the same style as the RTP because I don't like it when they are too pointy. Another point are the noses, I'm doing my best to find a point between my preferences and the RTP style  so I still like the result and it matches the RTP x3

I am glad you loke the icons :D Pizza was one of the first things that came to my mind when I read "favourite thing" and "food" as themes xD

Dreadshadow

As you can read above I planned to add a bow variation, too, but I couldn't finish the set in time :/

Is it now more clear, with the additional battler?

Chiara

Exactly ;3 And a Nussecke ;D

Well, but now there is a battler and you definitly can pick a fight with her ;3

Thank you <3

Dreadshadow, Chiara, Archeia and 5 others like this.
  9. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ Avery: No problem. The busts and sprites of Athena and Hades were simply my own interpretations of them, hoping to shed a more unique view on them than what is commonly depicted, though yes, they can be easily used as fantasy characters. That was kind of the intention. :)

Btw, feel free to provide suggestions during the ReStaff discussion. I think it'd be better if I got the feedback whilst there's still a chance to change the resources.

The Stranger likes this.
  10. Bonkers

Bonkers Bioware, do you need a nap? Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Feedbacks!

Thank you!  Fantasy races for fantasy games.  

@Dreadshadow

Not a problem.  Regular restaff rules apply for commercial and non commercial. The info is there for the original artists for the tiger and bear.  One asked that I put a link back to his work since I am allowed to redistribute the conversion as it counts as an edit.  So you credit me and that artist if you use that particular one.

@ksjp17

Hm, I am not sure what you mean.  They are DS sprites.  what made them seem different?  I left the heads of the bears a single color to allow for more customization.  

They have no mane or stripes like the others. I used the regular red black, purple and template aside from the three color shading.   They may seem different because their little heads aren't as detailed as their siblings.

I made a colored crystal prison for RTP ACE:  Blank crystal that will hold any ACE sprite, you can look up the previous restaff in December for the tutorial on how to merge a character inside like the DS version.

[​IMG]  Enjoy the extra, it's RTP edit so no need to credit.

Let's get to feedback.

Thalzon:  Your creative knacks and impulses are really a rewarding experience.  We get so much from you.  19 battlers this time around all to the literal theme.

Avery: It's the song from "Sounds of Music" sung by Julie Andrews.  Love the icons as always, I was really happy you did big ones to accompany the normal sizes as well.

Slimm: Looks like a mix of Red ridding hood alongside Alice in Wonderland.  No crown on the queen though, I'll have to show you how to make a sprite at same level

with the others in ace outside of the normal 32x32 template to add one.  It would be worth it for this character.  She is very much a larger force than her husband

the King of Hearts.

Masteb:  A huge submission.  The transitions are always appreciated, and I can't wait to try them out with a new project.  The Event icons/Decorations are something we never see enough creativity with.  I love ancient Greek and Roman mythology so this is a big plus for me.  The Gods aren't as I pictured them, but that is half the fun.

They can take on multiple forms, so this just seems like another of their style or incarnation choices.  Aliens too?  Those insectoids are my favorite of the bunch!

hiddenone:  Too cute for words.  It's absolutely adorable and goes well with Candacis's Submission.  I love the tinny ducks and squirrels, along with the behaviors!

Chaos Avian:  The battlers are wonderful, I love plant and mushroom creatures.  We don't see them in the mix very often.  Makes me wanna sprite them.

Caz:  Love the various elements and the traditional fence.  Very thankful for these, and the time you invest into them despite all the work you do.  Thank you.

Candaics:  The barn is gorgeous, and I love the animals.  You did a fantastic job this time around not just with the sheer amount of material, but with the theme you choose.

so much interior and exterior stuff as well!  The hay feeders are a very nice touch.

Archeia:  Gas station attendant Ralph cares nothing of my plight. He's very nice, but I get the impression from his expression it's self service.

Desperate Measurez:

Forward March sounds like good stock war music.

Unholy Desecration actually sounds more sci fi-ish to me than the title led me to believe.

What are these monsters is good battle music or a pre battle/boss piece.  Really nice beat and tune, wasn't expecting that with the other two resembling stock.  This one is definitely my favorite of the music this time around.

Mc Tricky:

Battle Royal is a great classic feeling rumble piece.  Wasn't expecting an actual guitar thrown in there.  Very hard hitting near the end of it's cycle.  Loved the intense

feeling.  

Decisive Skirmish feels like a good follow up to the first, and is a bit more subdued with the elements.  No bombastic guitar, but it has a pleasant constant rhythm to build

action.  Also considering it's length proper thanks are in order.  I commissioned music recently and a song like this can cost about 150+ from a composer. 

Thank you sincerely for your generosity.  I am very please to experience this sort of professional grade music not only for free, but that you are able to make

it so easily.

Nuances of Valor has the random beat of drums, which is off putting for me.  I'm not a big bass/percussion fan.  The chorus element is nice though.

Occult at arms isn't something I expected to have such a dedicated piano leading it.  It feels more like the center of action and a bad decision on part of the hero.

Good mix of instruments here.

The harp on Ygg's Sword with the building tension is epic.  Lots of great elements here.

11. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am speechless! Yes this can be a human form of Artemis all right! :D  

Wow. And actually the bust is 100% accurate on the characteristics. You can say she looks like a greek.

Adding a bow you assume automatically that she might be Artemis. :D

What I wrote for your bows, apllies here too:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/21623-omg-2000avys-icon-workshop-open/?p=404080

12. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Feedback time.  Just to make it clear, I don't think there's any point in me doing graphics feedback this time.  I don't have enough experience in it to comment on anything that might be wrong if there is anything, as far as I can see it all looks good and usable.  So don't think I don't appreciate what you've all done, I do, it's just not my area and I don't wanna just be typing various degrees of "that's good" and "insert bad joke here", I'd rather only type useful things.

With all that said, let's get started shall we?

Desperatemeasurez:

Forward March: This is a pretty solid marching track that I could see being used well in any kind of military of motivational/heroic scene.  Normally I would say it's not long enough but I can't see how you would make this longer without it overstaying it's welcome.

Unholy Desecration: This one reminded me a lot of Final Fantasy 7 and Alundra 2's music in the more mechanical/industrial parts.  This could probably use a bit more variation but the main part that stood out to me was how much you repeated the metal clangs.  It might be best to take them away from some parts entirely and to vary what beats they do in others.  This would get very grating after a few loops otherwise.

What are these monsters: I dunno what the monsters are man, but, they inspired you to make a pretty killer and unique track!  In this case I want it to be longer, mainly because I want to hear more done with it as it has so much potential.  This was a lot of fun to listen to and genuinely made me smile.
    McTricky:

Battle Royale: This seems like a pretty cool idea but it's held back by quite a few things.  So let's go through them shall we?  First up is the bass, it's lowest frequencies are way too high in volume and are both swamping the transients of the rest of the track and making it impossible for you to hear the kick drum without really really listening for it.  

Secondly, the synth at :58 onwards is way too quiet.  Increasing the volume will help bring out the contrast and exchange of sounds you've tried to accomplish here.  

Thirdly I feel your main string staccato rhythmic part could use some slight variations from time to time.  Finally, the drums and bass both need a lot more rhythmic changes, it seems like you have your bass more active than the drums most of the time too it might help if it was made less active so that the drums had more room for potential variations.

Decisive Skirmish: This time, compression seems to be the main problem.  I think you might have put too much of a brickwall style compression on this track and it's killing a lot of the dynamics.  I would suggesting lowering the ratio on your compressor, using a higher attack/release and using a lower threshold.  A well mixed track will sound powerful even without any compression and limiting.  So ideally, you only want to use it gently in order to give a small boost in perceived volume.  The other gripe I have is that the rhythm guitar is too bassy, it's often to best to cut out a chunk of your lower frequencies when using a rhythm guitar as otherwise it will clash with the bass as heard here.  Split the workload and you'll be giving each instrument more of a chance to shine.

Nuances of Valor: The dynamics are much better on this track, notice how the waveform has more variations of height in it?  That's your visual indicator of how much better the dynamic range is doing.  The bass suffers from the same problems as in Battle Royale here.  Another problem here is the solo violin, it sounds incredibly unrealistic, is it the Kontakt Factory Library one?  If so that would explain it, I always used to use the solo viola instead because it sounded more realistic.  Might be worth considering investing in a better one if you plan to continue using it extensively, otherwise it might be better sticking to a synth or a milder (but still distorted or overdriven) guitar sound.  You might also want to experiment with the expression (or midi cc 11) automation if you want a more realistic sound.  You've used that snare/timpani combination rhythm to death too now haven't you?  I keep hearing it pop up in your tracks a lot, time to make something new?

Occult at Arms: I've said a lot of harsh criticisms so far sorry but, I would like to take time to say that I do like how you use piano in your tracks, as is shown here.  The solo violin, bass and snare/timpani critcisms all apply here too.  The other thing is that by this point I was starting to feel your tracks within this release sound too similar to each other.

Yggdrasil's Sword: This track is really good, a lot of my previous criticisms don't apply to this track.  The mix sounds much much better, even the solo violin manages to sound better only problem I have is that you've re-used a melody from one of your older tracks without much of an attempt at changing it.  If it's linked to the other track that's fine, but if it isn't you should really change it up a bit.  It's fine to re-use things to a degree but you should always take care to at least change the sound in a significant way.  I do like how the two versions contrast by the way, one sounds more western cultured and one more eastern cultured, it's impressive that you've captured both as the musical preferences of each side differ greatly.  It might be good to take out some instruments in the shakuhachi version at parts so that the vocals and shakuhachi have more space to breath.  The vocals in particular were drowned out a lot and you do have a good voice so it was a shame that this happened really.

Extra notes:

Another thing to look into for all of your tracks from now on is cutting frequencies you don't need.  This let's you separate each track much more easily and makes mixing much less of a nightmare.  It's too in-depth to cover here though and I think I've waffled on enough so feel free to pm me if you want some specific frequency cuts to try and I'll be happy to help.  Hope this feedback wasn't too harsh, I'm just trying to help you improve and these are all problems I had or in some cases still do struggle with too :)

13. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ksjp17 - Ducklings are definitely doable. :)

@Chiara - The red squirrel's my favorite too.  If you ever want to overload on squirrel cuteness, I recommend making a map that is just full of running squirrels.  I made one when testing them and now I never want to leave that map.
    @Avery - The yellow ducks are definitely not normal looking (I was thinking if there's a golden goose, why not a golden duck?).  I had thought of making some more duck versions, but I wasn't sure if people would be interested in them.  Now I'll make sure to make some more. :)

And now for feedback:

Graphics

Archeia - Ralph looks awesome, though he doesn't seem too happy to have had to get a part-time job.
    Avery - I like the bust of Artemis, a version with a bow would make it a lot easier to recognize her.  Your icons are amazing as always (I had to go get a snack after looking at them because my stomach started growling).
    Candacis - Those are some great farm animals and tiles!  The wall feeders are a nice touch and the manure can definitely add to the whole barn experience.
    Caz - I love how much detail is in that tree.  All of the tiles are top notch.
    Chaos Avian - Those mushrooms look tough!  I'm not sure what is dripping from the fangweed, but I bet it's not good.
    Matseb2611 - More transitions are always nice to see.  You've made an awesome variety of aliens and I bet everyone making sci-fi games are very happy right now.
    Palladinthug - Those bears are adorable.  With some many non-human sprites, now I want to make a game where people are the unusual ones and talking bears are the norm.
    slimmmeiske2 - I love the cheshire cat.  Now I really want a behavior for him smiling and slowly disappearing. 
    Thalzon - The variety of your battlers is great.  It's an awesome coincidence that your bird battler fits my sprite, but I think my favorite one is the box (that smile, it's just daring you to try to open it).
    Music
    DesperateMeasurez - All three songs sound great.  What Are These Monsters is my favorite.
    McTricky - More choices for battle music is always useful.  I really like both versions of Yggdrasil's Sword, though I had a bit of trouble hearing the vocals.

slimmmeiske2, Archeia, Susan and 4 others like this.
  14. Thalzon

Thalzon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Avery: All the monsters are based off Maria's favourite things (according to the song of the same name) from The Sound of Music.

15. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thank you all again for another successful restaff! Great stuff, as always!

@Archeia: great portrait, as usual! I was bummed to see you closed up your shop - I was hoping to hire you to create some portraits for my game! I love your style, and it blends so well with the RTP portraits! Thanks again for the new addition!

@Avery: cool icons, as usual! :)

(With all these large versions of the icons everyone is making, it's making me want to find a way to use them in my game!)

@Candacis: the barn graphics are spectacular, and definitely fills a big hole in the RTP! On the opening map in my game, I've been wondering what I was going to do for a door for my barn - you're timing is perfect! All of the tiles and animals are top notch!

@Caz: it seems like you mainly create DS style tiles and graphics, which unfortunately don't fit my game's art style. So I usually don't have much feedback for you. But I have to say that I really like that tree! I keep thinking about how I could modify it to better fit the RTP so I can use it in my game... nice job!

@Chaos Avian: Love the plant battlers, especially the Fangweed! That looks nasty!

@Hiddenone: ducks and squirrels! Awesome! I sense a trend with you for the last two restaffs, so I have a suggestion for the next one: how about a little bunny rabbit to hop around our forests, or some small birds that can hop or fly about? Great work, as usual!

@Matseb2611: Thank you for the new transitions, and for providing them in 640x480! Everyone mainly seems to focus on tiles, sprites, battlers, and icons - so thank you for adding some new content for an area of the game graphics that is usually neglected. Personally, I think we need more variety in transitions, skill/spell animations, battle backs, and such! Well done!

@Palladinthug: Those animal sprites are ADORABLE! I may need to do a small game project one day just so I can use these!

@slimmmeiske2: Great fairy tale sprites! I'd love to see some playing card soldiers to go with that Queen of Hearts!

@Thalzon: How do you crank out so many battlers each month? Wow! Great job!

@DesperateMeasurez: Great tracks! The "What are These Monsters" is a fun tune to listen to!

@McTricky: Nice music! I like "Decisive Skirmish" and "Yggdrasil's Sword" best. But that is some awesome guitar in Battle Royale! Reminds me of some of the old Robotech Macross Saga battle music.

Matseb2611, Bonkers, Candacis and 2 others like this.
  16. Seriel

Seriel Veteran Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Nice job!

All as brilliant as ever! :D

17. Labyrinthine

Labyrinthine Artist/ Developer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Thank you. Dunno what I'd do without the restaff releases, they're like the highlight of my month these days.

18. Tigersong

Tigersong Furry Fellow Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks so much, Candacis. I've been thinking how color-saturated the Rural Farm assets are. I think, if I decide to go without the H.U.D and so forth, I might just use your resources instead.

Palladin, could I request some more "anthro" sprites? I mean, in your resource thread?

19. felsenstern

felsenstern Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Sorry, for getting back to this painful topic: Mediafire, but I ran into a some odd stuff there. Free users have to "do some task" to get to their download. Not sure for how long this BS exists because usually I am logged into my pro-account, but in my case I their code didn't work and I was unable to get to my download, no matter how often I clicked the reload link or reloaded the site.

I've got the download after logging into my account, but their services isn't very reliable anymore.

[​IMG]
    edit: Oh well, it seems that the error occurs because of code that is intentionally added to trigger ad-blockers. This is almost as funny as an autoimmune disease.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2015
  20. Caz

Caz Green Eyes Blonde Dragon Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    We've been looking into the Mediafire issue since it came up and it looks like we've got some potential plans for next month's release, so hold onto your hats! We're getting it sorted, don't worry~

Candacis likes this.