ReStaff March 2016

Discussion in 'Resource Staff Releases' started by Caz, Mar 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Caz

Caz Green Eyes Blonde Dragon Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

[​IMG]

Per usual:

Information about Commercial usage can be found here.
    If you want to be a Guest Contributor, go here!

We are always open to guest contributions and would love to
    see your work if you want to contribute, so please don't be
    shy! You can shoot me a PM with any questions
    regarding becoming a Guest!

[​IMG]

Avery has released graphics for an Incubus and an Android,
    plus some fantastic large icons and VXA > MV icon conversions!
    [​IMG]

Candacis has made some superb tall sprites for MV characters,
    along with some much needed sci-fi tiles.
    [​IMG]
    Despy's done it again with four fantastic pieces of music!
    [​IMG]

Fishy has also submitted some excellent work, with two amazing songs this time!
    [​IMG]
    Scythy's back! Not just with some excellent songage, but also showcasing some
    of his immense SFX creation talents this month!

GUEST CONTRIBUTIONS

We've had quite a few guest contributions this month!

- JCBrickston has submitted a number of really cool tracks to use in your games!
    - Chalkdust has made some really awesome genie sprites for MV.
    - Dainiri sent in some absolutely fantastic minotaur graphics, including a battler and a sprite.
    - Hiddenone pushed the boat out with some sci-fi resources, including alien templates for MV and icons!
    - Mjshi contributed some super cute skill icons.
    - Super121830 made a lot of screen transitions, plus icons and chest recolours!

DOWNLOAD RESTAFF MARCH 2016

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Ulfberht, puMaDee, Mikleo and 33 others like this.
  2. ZServ

ZServ Veteran Veteran

Ooh, neat-o. First Restaff of 2016, eh? Community always has fantastic assets to contribute //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif

3. Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of Christmas Kloe Ghost of a Princess Seagull Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Ooh!! March Re-Staff 2016!! I can't wait to see what it includes!

The icons and facesets and sprites look great and I'm just about to listen to the songs! Great job everyone!  :p ;) :cutesmile:

JCBrickston likes this.
  4. Jefries

Jefries Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Just finished from playing in my xbox and when I come back I see this. This is really nice badly there is just 3 months for 2015. I love restaff would be nice if they had more graphics than music because seriously now I've to try all the music of all the Restaff, yesterday took the time to extract them all. :D

The Stranger likes this.
  5. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    erm... I will stop you.

those people are people who contribute for offering awesome resources for RM and our community they work hard for make us those stuff...so no you take what's come with it.

actually maybe this not your intention and ect but this actually sound really rude what you say

"this is really nice badly there just 3 month for 2015" 

Because people of restaff have life and take of their IRL time for make those resources this why it's delayed for avoid restaff people to not get burned out.

JCBrickston likes this.
  6. Rasei

Rasei Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Thank you for the great music and beautiful icons and sprites.

Super121830 and JCBrickston like this.
  7. Candacis

Candacis Pixel Pusher Restaff

First Language:
    German
    As far as I know we released 7 ReStaffs last year, including the ScareStaff and some extra Holiday Release. So, roughly every two month one ReStaff.

Sometimes it is more music, sometimes more graphics. Just depends on which artists have the time to contribute more.

I'm for one are very grateful for the music, because I couldn't compose a song if my life depended on it. ;)

@DesperateMeasurez "The town that time forgot" is an instant classic, love it! Fits very nicely in with the standard MV music. I also like "Unfamiliar Stars" very much, nice background music either for a spaceship discovery or just a night under the stars.

@JCBrickston Oh my god, those track titles :D I think, you have a knack for battle tracks, because I like "The Dark King is... dark" and "This villian is Bigger than other villians, so it must be a boss!" the most. The MEs are also very useful, hope you make more of those. I can imagine using "Toolbag has joined the party" over and over again.

@Ms Littlefish Thanks for smooth Space Jazz, because I needed something like this for my sci-fi game. And "Teenage Problems" could also be a great track for a battle.

@Scythuz "Slower than Sound" is my favorite, very smooth and coincidental also very useful for my sci-fi game :D Haven't tested it yet, but does it loop? I like the 3 sci-fi sounds, too.

@Avery I'm so glad you decided to convert the MV icons after all. Nothing short of a heraculean feat. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Very nice battler, too.

@chalkdust That earth golem is so round and cute :) And I think you did a very fine job with the geenie.

@Dainiri.Art Great big sprite of the minotaur, really love the work you did there. And thanks for the battler recolor.

@hiddenone I love the alien with the open brain! Nicely done sprites. But those sci-fi weapons are amazing!

@mjshi The graphics for the skill icons are not for my taste since they don't fit to the graphics I would use in my game, but I appreciate the icon template. I think, those could be useful for all sorts of skills.

@Super121830 Recolors are always nice, although I would suggest making more subtler recolors. I find the colors a bid too strong. I like the screen transitions however and the icons are also a good start.

8. Corrupted Ralph

Corrupted Ralph The World Breaker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Looks very yummy...

9. felsenstern

felsenstern Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    We were spoiled with Wednesday updates until they suddenly stopped. Since then we were sitting in the dark, trembling of fear that we will never get free resources again, until today!

I'm just joking, because I've never before received so many free resources from so many sides and in this small time as I did and do since MV got released. And still ReStaff is a highlight not only for surprises, new content and new inspiration, but also as a sign that the MV-Stress slowly comes to an end and that people find time to contribute to greedy completists like me once again.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Super121830, JCBrickston and Candacis like this.
  10. Avery

Avery Sleeping Dinosaur Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Candacis

Well... on my side of course I could compose a song, it just would suck... probably :3

The convert was the most annoying thing I ever did for restaff, I just hope that there is a use for it and I didn't waste all that time and nerves^^;

Graphics

Candacis

Oh, some additions for the MV+ Sprite^^ Nice to see that it’s expanded piece by piece. Will you use them in the game that is mentioned in the read me?

The Sci-Fi stuff is pretty cool, I like especially the first door and those eh… sideview ceiling parts? It is also very nice to see that all the pieces fit well together. The window with the outer space view is also a great idea. I’m excited to see how you are expanding the set for your game!

Chalkdust

Oh, the genie is a good idea. Have you thought about a matching lamp and a spawn out of it animation? That would be a great addition to this cool dude^^ The earth golem somehow reminds me of geodude and it’s evolutions, and you can never have too many monsters! Good job!

Daniri

Oh nice! I like the idea of making a boss version, so you can have a full dungeon of minotaurs with matching sprite - maybe the mother/father of the hoard? The matching recolors expand the possibilities (heh, you could even use them as mother and father of the hoard without having to edit anything on your own x3 )

Hiddenone

Nice work on the flying saucers, they are my favourite of the release. Sure, the aliens are awesome as well, but the saucer is just too cute x3 I also love the weapons, very creative! Am I allowed to make matching Ace icons?

Mjishi

The icons are a good work, I just worry that it is a problem that they don’t seem to match an existing style? Are you planning to make more additions to them, especially for states and other skills? (I guess you could get away with using different styles for items and skills). I like that you added the modular parts so people can quite quick create additional icons in that style.

Super121830

I go with Candacis, the chest colors are a bit too saturated for my taste and I worry that they might stand out too much if used among RTP tiles. A nice variation on food stuff, are you trying to match the style by whitacat or CouterClockwise? I’m just asking because of the black outlines. Of the icons I like the second water bottle the most.

Music

I suck at giving feedback to music, but I’m trying my best^^;

Desperate Measurez

I love your descriptions in the read me, it is quite inspiring to know what the tracks where intended for. I think Among the clouds is my favourite one of these x3

JCBrickston

It is always nice to see audios besides BGMs, most games just stick to all the basic ones and that really gets boring, so thank you for that. Your file titles are epic, I think The dark kings is… dark is my favourite track here :3

Ms Littlefish

Two pretty cool tracks, I think I like Teenage Problems best.

Scythuz

Oh, I really like the gun SE’s. Now I really want to play a game with a cutscene battle using them. Pew! Pew pew! I also love how much atmosphere you are able transport with the tracks.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2016
  11. M.I.A.

M.I.A. Goofball Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    YAY!! Goodies!! Great work everyone. //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif

Super121830 and JCBrickston like this.
  12. JCBrickston

JCBrickston Joshua Curtis Restaff

First Language:
    Idonotusethis
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    First and foremost, thank you all for the nice words. I really appreciate that //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif

@nio kasgami Thanks for the support, Nio! I appreciate it, man!

@Candacis Thank you kindly, ma'am //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif That's very sweet of you to say. I really just winged those title names at the last second. The working names are usually always completely different, but I've watched too much Monty Python's Flying Circus in my life, and my sense of humor is so out there at times that I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to spice the titles up a bit. And I really like making battle/adventure themes. Any time I have an excuse to make an SNES type beat with a cartridge sounding drum kit, I'll jump all over it. Some people listen to Beethoven's music, whereas I listen to the Where's Waldo soundtrack on Super Nintendo haha.

But I also wanted to let you know that the art you sent in is great! The characters are awesome looking and the space tilesets are wicked good. I'm in no way an authority on art, or anything for that matter (truth be told, I have no idea what I'm doing half the time), but I do know what I like, and those graphics are extremely pleasing! Thank you so much again for your kind words and for sharing your work! Peace, and best wishes!

@Avery Thank you for the kind words, mon amie //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif I'm not quite comfortable on giving feedback on any subject myself, speaking that it would make me feel like I actually knew what I was talking about. I just do what I like and do my best at it, then call it a day, you know? 

I'm tickled to death that you pointed out that my style wasn't in the vein of a BGM though. That's my whole mission concerning music, to capture that video game cartridge feel, where the tunes made your feet dance while you were playing the game. That's why composers from the 80's and 90's video game era are my heroes. Even if the game wasn't great, you'd leave humming the soundtrack, which in turn actually makes you mad because it reminds you of the game you didn't like in the first place...it's a vicious cycle!

But if you don't mind me saying, that is some amazing artwork! Seriously, you all are making me feel bad for the things I draw on my own time haha. That is a multitude of icons you sent in, and awesome ones at that! And I love the sci-fi weapons. Alien photon guns make me want to shoot aliens //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif And Android women make me think of Austin Powers haha. Excellent work! Thank you so much for sharing it!

P.S. - I love the little muffin icon too. Just thought I'd say that. And the fact that I'm drinking green tea as I write this made me like the little tea bag icon that much more.

@Caz Thank you kindly for accepting my work and compiling all this. If I were out in the world, hunting goblins, and one dropped a piece of gold, I'd not only give you that piece of gold, but I'd slay the rest of the goblins as well and send you the treasure. Seriously, I like attacking goblins. Is it any coincidence that they are commonly level 1 monsters in a ton of RPG's? No, it isn't, because as a rule of thumb, most people like beating on them. It's fun and educational.

But seriously, thank you again, ma'am //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif

And thank you again, everyone. I know I didn't write to every post, but I'm clicking the 'Like' button as if I got the rabies and it's my only cure! Peace!

Caz, felsenstern and Candacis like this.
  13. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Awesome stuff as always, guys! :)

@Candacis - I'm happy you like the weapons, they were fun to make.  I was only going to make one or two, and then I couldn't stop!

@Avery - It would be amazing if you made matching Ace icons! (The flying saucers are my favorite too)

Graphics

Avery - You converted all the Ace icons?  Incredible!  Top notch work with all your icons.  I love the android bust, and the incubus is nice to look at too.

Candacis - Great to see more of your MV+ sprites.  I love that your sci-fi tiles aren't super clean and white, they're gritty and would be perfect for making a ship or base for a poor or less-than-legal group of space adventurers.

Chalkdust - Nice genies, though I agree with Avery, I'd love to see a version interacting with a lamp.  I can totally see the golem wandering around mountains and caves ready to rock the player's world.

Dainiri - Those are some tough looking minotaurs!  The matching sprites and battlers make them ready to rumble.

Mjshi - That's an interesting icon style.  I don't know if they match anything else right now, but if you keep making them in that style I could see them being really useful.

Super121830 - The chest recolors are too bright for me, but I love that you've given us a whole bunch of new options for battle starts.  Your icons are looking tasty.

Music

DesperateMeasurez - "Among the Clouds" is lovely to listen to and "No Rest for the Wicked" definitely makes me think of a villain twirling his mustache and looking over his evil plans.  My favorite is probably "The Town That Time Forgot", it's such a silly little tune, though "Unfamiliar Stars" is a close second with its nice tone.

JCBrickston - Thank you for the wonderful selection of songs and MEs.  Great names for these, I like "The Dark King is... Dark" the most.  More MEs are always welcome, I think I could see using "The Innkeeper is Robbing You While You Sleep" often.

Ms Littlefish - "Teenage Problems" would make a great battle theme, or background music for when you're visiting that one punk who thinks he's 'too cool' to listen to others.  "Crank That Smooth Space Jazz" is my favorite, it's just so jazzy and spacey~

Scythuz - Pew pew pew! :D   Awesome sound effects (and I'm not just saying that because they work so well with my space guns~).  "Land of the Pumpkinmen" is relaxing and "Slower than Sound" would be great in a sci-fi game, but my favorite is "Tales of Excitement".

14. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Oh yeah, that's right!  My sound effects and Hiddenone's Aliens work super well together, try it out for yourselves people //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone, if anyone has any suggestions for what I can do for next time, do let me know!

AwesomeCool likes this.
  15. JCBrickston

JCBrickston Joshua Curtis Restaff

First Language:
    Idonotusethis
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Also, I should have written it earlier, but my message was long enough as it was. But I keep looking at the art everyone sent in, and it's just awesome. It's inspirational for sure.

@hiddenone I meant to say too, I absolutely love the aliens. The spaceships and weapons were amazing as well. But I can't get enough of the martians haha. I had to mention those because I am a huge sci-fi fan. Beyond awesome O_O

16. Jefries

Jefries Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Yeah I know they use time of their lives just to contribute awesome stuff to us but that's like what they chose to do. And I'm not exactly criticizing them. Look at me took my day of Sunday to just make random icons for the first time.

The Stranger likes this.
  17. Dainiri.Art

Dainiri.Art Broken Tablet Mastery Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Candacis Thanks a lot and I'm glad you like it //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif

@Avery Thanks! I never thought that way I just wanted the Minotaur to be a first boss mob always but its really a nice idea //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif I'm always a fan of your icons, I love them so much they're on top quality.

@hiddenone//rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif tho they only have idle animations for now, maybe I'll create a walking sprite next to practice my spriting more.

Great work everyone! those are very nice addition to our growing resources.

18. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I really like the Sci-Fi resources you've made, Candacis. I will definitely be using them. Good work. //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif

Speaking of Sci-Fi, thank you so much for the nifty SV weapons, hiddenone. Now my ranged actors and enemies don't all need to be using scoped rifles and shotguns.

JCBrickston and hiddenone like this.
  19. Super121830

Super121830 Play-fighter Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Here goes feedback!

Graphics

Avery

Congrats on converting the Ace iconset to MV, it should have been quite a hard work! The incubus battler looks really nice, I wonder if there is a matching spriteset for the android bust.

Candacis

I like the tall sprites; this must be the first step on making tall sprites for all MV characters. My favorite ones are the doors, love the transition effects.

Chalkdust

The genie looks very good, I remember that there was another genie in a past ReStaff, so for those who need one for MV, this will come in handy. The stone golem is great too, I’ll likely use it.

Dainiri

The minotaur battler is a masterpiece, the pose is so cool. I just wonder why there is not a purple version matching the first sprites.

Hiddenone

The alien battlers are impressive, but the flying saucer is lovely, I can imagine it as the player’s airship.

Mjshi

The icons have a great quality, good gob on these, but it does not match a style of icons someone has done (that I know).

Super121830

The chests are over-saturated!

Music

DesperateMeasurez

I like all the themes, my favorite is “The town that time forgot,” I’m definitely using that song.

JCBrickston

The music names are really funny and match the themes perfectly, the MEs will be very useful for those who heard the default ones time and again. I really liked “The dark king is… dark” theme, while the best Me in my opinion is “Toolbag has joined the party!”, this one is so funny.

MsLittlefish

“Teenage problems” is a great song; I think it suits for a bully theme or a night escape from the room to cause mischief in the neighborhood.

“Scythuz”

I hear “Tales of excitement” I feel entering a castle after defeating a villain and telling the story to the people awaiting me, this one is my favorite. I also liked “Slower than sound” it fells so smooth, something 

@Avery : I like black outlines, I think they look better than the brown ones.

I’d thank everyone who liked my work. I know the chest have bright colors, it was on purpose to make it psychedelic, but since this was not a good idea, I decided to tone down th trim colors, so here you go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know if they are still too bright.

Caz, JCBrickston and hiddenone like this.
  20. Dainiri.Art

Dainiri.Art Broken Tablet Mastery Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Super121830 xD I did'nt draw them actually, they are part of MV's RTP I just edit them a bit and recolor, and the purple one is already available at the default RTP.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2016