Announcement ReStaff March 2019 Release!

Amane Kagari

"That Person" Yes. I'm "That person" that I am.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like to thank all the ReStaffs here for their dedication and hard work on these lovely free resources! They're truly amazing! I really love everyone of these and the people who spend their time in their busy lives making these and giving them for free. I'm looking forward to more of these in the future! Thank you very much ReStaffs for all your hard work! I truly appreciate it. ♥♥♥

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a ton of awesome stuff guys, I'm so impressed with what y'all have shared! :kaoluv:

@The Mighty Palm My little leprechauns thank you for giving them homes! Otherwise they'd be forced to live at the ends of rainbows.

@Personigo de la Ĉefo The male rogue's nose and mustache give him so much personality, great job! Your icons are cool too, I think my favorite ones are the 'hundred golden punch' and 'bone barrage', they're fun and give me a lot of ideas for possible skills to match the icons. If you're thinking about more icons, may I suggest adding options for the icon outlines? The simple silver outline for most works well, but it could be nice to have a few levels for the skills that are shown with evolving outlines.

@J0pac Maps, now that's an awesome idea! While I don't think any of these will fit my current game, I do love how you did connecting roofs that you can walk under in Town 1 and the close-quarter buildings of Town 4. Personally I'm not sure that the roofs connecting to the upper ground and having snowy grass on them in Town 3 makes a lot of sense, but the idea is definitely interesting (and now I'm thinking of reasons why they'd be built like that, perhaps they've dug into the cliffside and made rooms in it?).

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, RTP town templates? Now I’ll download that just to see if I can steal any good ideas. Working in only RTP is hard and you need all the tricks up your sleeve that you can get!

Personigo de la Ĉefo

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Everyone here did an amazing job :D Glad I actually remembered to contribute this time

If you're thinking about more icons, may I suggest adding options for the icon outlines? The simple silver outline for most works well, but it could be nice to have a few levels for the skills that are shown with evolving outlines.
Glad you liked 'em :) I plan to add more icons for next restaff, mainly item and equipment ones, but I will think on the different outline colors too.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now that I've checked out the maps, great stuff. I got some good RTP inspiration from it (and I'm currently mapping a lot with the MV RTP so it's timely).

I found some stuff like passability issues and missing cliff corners etc in a few places (just a few), and in case someone is going to use the maps just make sure to look them over and fix those small nuisances. This is not criticism to the mapper, the maps are top notch and with some polish they could fit in a commercial game even (if you're using RTP). But putting the style of the RTP aside, these maps all look and feel very interesting without being too cramped (they're a little cramped but that's fine in my book).

Amane Kagari

"That Person" Yes. I'm "That person" that I am.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Such a resource-packed March erm I mean April! Erm Spring! I am overwhelmed with great joy! :D Thank you for these lovely gifts once again! I really cannot thank all the ReStaffs enough! Looking forward to see more of these in the future! I'm definitely looking forward to playing around with these in testing. ^_^ ♥

m24970985

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Chinaes
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So good! I like! thanks!

CalebW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow love these all, especially the generator parts. Thank you everyone :)

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys, while we love hearing that you liked the release it's really more helpful if you mention what you liked the most and what you think would be cool to have more of. If we know what you want, then it's more likely you'll see more of it in future releases. :rwink:

@MMMm It's an idea we've tossed around, but haven't seriously considered since we both are pretty busy.

@whtdragon I love how those little fairies turned out, and the extra tiny ones are so cute! :kaoluv: The fairy icons are cool too, it means a dev could make a fairy-summoning skill or item... There's a lot of potential there.

MMMm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
@hiddenone

Your facial parts are really helpful. Noses, eyes, eyebrows, mouths. These pieces are invaluable as there's an abundance of clothing available in DLC but not so much for making the characters look alive. Whenever you release these kinds of parts it saves us a lot of time of editing the face sets in photoshop to make them stand out.

You could have a generator DLC or two based entirely on expressions and it would be a best seller.

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@hiddenone @whtdragon You don't know how long I waited for a non-DLC fox mask generator part! Many thanks to you both!

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh! Even more stuff. This March just keeps on giving... all the way into April! :kaojoy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SpaceX: First-ever successful (manned) commercial spaceflight!! In these terrible and self-sabotaging times for the world, that's a ray of excitement and hope I needed badly.
GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy
The video of a psycho chasing people on the streets with a sword before getting subdued is wild. Apparent screenshots of his Twitter feed (EDIT: confirmed by Dallas police) before it went private reveal a dangerous delusional mindset. I heard there was a bow person too. The crazies are really coming out of the woodworks.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4cheetos201v2