Restaff March - June 2014

Discussion in 'Resource Staff Releases' started by Archeia, Jun 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    [​IMG]

Welcome everyone to the Restaff May - June 2014 ReStaff Release!

Thank you to our lovely Guest Contributors and ReStaffers,
    for making this month a success!

Information about Commercial usage can be found here.
    If you want to be a Guest Contributor, go here!

We also don't allow the resources to be redistributed anywhere else.
    If you want to share it, please direct them here instead!

An important announcement!
    I would like to congratulate Caz for being the new ReStaff Lead!
    She'll be taking care of the ReStaff Submissions as I had been busy with work and babysitting.
    She has also been the one responsible for some of the vids that we have been showcasing for ReStaff.

Please give her a warm welcome!

Thank you for your patronage.
    [​IMG]
    Download Link
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2017
  2. Clydous

Clydous Slowly moseying my way back... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hooray! =D

Saltwater Croc, That Bread and Caz like this.
  3. Caz

Caz Green Eyes Blonde Dragon Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Woooo, everyone did awesomely with this pack! So many quality resources this time, so much fun getting to make the vid with all of them~ Great job you guys! :D

Lars Ulrika, Dalph, Ksi and 1 other person like this.
  4. Deleted

Deleted The Champion of Uncertainty :D Veteran

First Language:
    English
    YAY! I

Caz likes this.
  5. Holder

Holder Loading... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Congrats on the new role Caz :)
    I can't wait to have a look through this one.

Caz likes this.
  6. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm going to sleep now because it's so dayum late here, but tomorrow will be the day...the day of my biggest post ever made on this website. I'll finally show how truly insane I am.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2014
  7. Zane

Zane Food for thought Veteran

First Language:
    US English
    I'm so glad this is finally released! It was really great to be a part of it this time and give back to people who have given to me. :)

8. DesperateMeasurez

DesperateMeasurez Darren Curtis Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey, wait a minute... I thought evil never sleeps. What gives?

9. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

Congrats, Caz! :D

This is such a fabulous release. There are so many amazing resources in there that it's tough to pinpoint a favorite. Everyone did such an amazing job!

Thank you all for your hard work. :)

Deleted and Caz like this.
  10. Deleted

Deleted The Champion of Uncertainty :D Veteran

First Language:
    English
    BAH! Curse this holiday internet! Can't watch the Restaff Vid or Download the content as the internet is sooo slooooow!

11. AwesomeCool

AwesomeCool Bratty and spoiled little sister Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Your music caused him to find peace for a night due to how awesome it is.

In other news, Soul Engine Ace IV keeps crashing for me at certain situations (sometimes in battle, after the character select wheel and sometimes after battle).  Other then that they look useful.

Also, Scythuz, can anything stop the music train?  You just keep on chugging the songs out like crazy.

12. EternalShadow

EternalShadow Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Can't hear the music (broken audio on comp) but I bet it's as good as the new collection of visuals ;_;

13. DeviTheHuman

DeviTheHuman (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This pack is awesome. Thank you ladies and gents for all your hard work :)

14. EvilEagles

EvilEagles Stargazer Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Pure goodness.

15. Caz

Caz Green Eyes Blonde Dragon Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yosh, thank you for the welcome guys! I will hopefully be able to take some pressure from Nessy with the releases, which will possibly mean we can get them out closer to the start of the month.. maybe..

One of my main focuses is getting these guys the recognition they deserve. The ReStaff team always does so fantastically, I want them to know that we do appreciate all their hard work each month. ;~;b

Deleted likes this.
  16. Saltwater Croc

Saltwater Croc Voice Actor/Frelance Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Hylian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Whoa. Way to go, you all!

17. kj3400

kj3400 Hmph Master Veteran

Baltimore, MD, N America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Simply good, great, awesome, outstanding, amazing!

Crap, what am I going to say next time XD

18. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    How about telling our contributors what you liked and didn't like? ;D

It will certainly help us a lot~

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2014
    Jaide, Deleted, Dalph and 1 other person like this.
  19. EvilEagles

EvilEagles Stargazer Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I like you guys.

I don't like the lack of righteous love and feedback that ReStaff releases deserve.

20. Alkorri

Alkorri Proofreading Penguin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Congratulations, Caz! You truly deserve it :)  I know you'll do great and that is a stunning video.

@Dalph, dear, we already know you're insane.

@DesperateMeasurez - By night, Dalph secretly helps old ladies across the street.

Took me hours to go through all the lovely goodies!

Scripts

@Zane - Really like the look of the smooth cursor. It looks very good in action and makes me wonder why it's not in default.

@Soulpour77 - That is an amazing amount of scripts! My favourites have to be the Soul Scene Story Yna, Age of Empires HUD and the Scene Display Ex. I can think of so many uses for that last, thank you.

Graphics

@Thalzon - Wow, Eric and Ryoma have never looked so badass. You also made Actor 1-H epic and I love his shield and that spike on his shoe! That bow of Brenda's with the green detail also looks absolutely gorgeous.

@slimmmeiske2 - Alice looks adorable, especially when she's sleeping and playing with the cat. I like how I can see that hint of sunshine on her hair. You also made kittens! I was half expecting an Alice reading pose, but nvm, Great work :)

@Qtpi0121 - What, no dinosaurs? Just kidding ;) I already have a use in mind for your geisha and monk, thank you!

@Palladinthug - You made flickering lanterns and candles, I am astounded. Thank you so much for patches of ivy too (I always want more variety). Not quite sure how to use the water wheel however, so I must be missing something.

@OceansDream - Weapons! I like the detail on the staffs, and it's not often I see a crossbow and a bow like that. 

@Matseb2611 - Cool colours, and I like how the knights could double as robo-knights.

@Liberty - Just tested your tiles and they animated beautifully. Thank you! 

[​IMG]

@King Danner - Humbled and whipped by his defeat at the hands of Dalph, King Danner rushes to ingratiate himself by making these awesome Dalph sprites. Will no one topple the Evil Overlord?! But wait, King Danner has also sneakily made a Tribal Warrior that could double as a headhunter. Headhunters who secretly thirst for... Dalphflesh...

@EvilEagles - Your chocolates are the reason I couldn't stop staring from 4:18 of the video. Also loving the carpet designs!

@Chaos Avian - That Grand Draken is EPIC. I only wish the Dark version had larger red eyes, but thank you so much :)

@Caz - I love Tanwen. Now to get a face or emoset for her. I also have this weird urge to see her older and scarred, after years of campaigns that toughened her up even more. Thank you also for the lovely castle tiles - it has this Moorish feel that would have fit right into this setting I had in mind, if only I had DS ;D

[​IMG]

@Candacis - Pigs.. so many pigs. The world needs more of these. The only thing missing is a coat and bowtie, hee. The world tiles are wonderful, especially the ponds and the farmlands.

@Avery - Not even the humble squirrel is safe from becoming a battler. We always knew there was something sinister about that fuzzy tail and those big luminous eyes. The tree thrones are also amazing, and as always I love your icons. Earthworm, grub... what is that 'fruit' two spaces right of the acorn though? Also, is it me or are there two repeats of Avery's restaff folders?

Music/Sound

@Clydous - Epic name with an epic tune. This song almost demands a disco king for a battler ;)

@DesperateMeasurez - Always like it when a musician includes the details behind each song in the readme. Helps my non-musically inclined self to understand better. Camelot Monastery is definitely very soothing. I nearly dozed off to it but definitely woke up when Fighting the Avanz started playing. Made me want to go off to war! 

@Dreadshadow - "No pets was harmed in the creation of these resources"? ;D At first I didn't understand what this was for, until I opened up the Pan Right folder. Ooh, very useful. Thanks, Dread.

@JohnnyR - Heaven's Battle shot up straight to epic from the 0:18 mark. Like you said, the song never lets up. Serenity sounds contemporary - I can imagine it playing in some restaurant or flashback scene.

@McTricky and Chaos Avian - Good lord, this is exciting. I've never come across these resources before! Excellent voice work, both of you. I'm curious about the reason you decided to voice these particular phrases. I was half expecting someone to say "You will suffer! You will all suffer!". Any chance of having more variety in the future? Like reactions to healing or various greetings. But hey, the sound bites are great. By the way, does anyone think the volume of OlderKnight_Entry6-1 sound noticeably lower than the others?

@Scythuz - A rich assortment of ambient music here. Jig in Camelot and Mead in Jorvik make for fun listens! What on earth is a Koto Jam Party? Anyway, I love the eastern sounds here and definitely would use this for a project. Sultan's Shed is interesting, just what is the story behind the name? I keep going back to Pathways to listen to different parts - it's the kind of theme that seems to fit in some dungeon or harem setting in my mind.

@Subaru - Daily Sky put a smile on my face, I keep expecting someone to burst into song here. Desperation almost reminds me of some other theme, but no, this is a great battle tune. Thank you for sharing :)

Excellent work, everyone, as usual! I hope I didn't leave anyone ouet >_<

Ahhk, how did it get to be 5am??

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014