Restaff March - June 2014

Discussion in 'Resource Staff Releases' started by Archeia, Jun 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    In all honest, I think it's because it's free a lot of us would want to know what we're doing right and/or wrong so we can improve! Otherwise it's really hard to work without any feedback given :<

2. Deleted

Deleted The Champion of Uncertainty :D Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi @DeviTheHuman I'm really flattered that you feel that something I made should be included I the generator. :)

I'll see what I can do, about making as a item you can include on your own sprites. ;)

I'm having some trouble with some of the resources. For example I unzipped them using winzip Chaos Avian's Restaff when I click on it just shows up a load of weird writing, when I try to import it into the battlers section there is nothing there too import?!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
    DeviTheHuman likes this.
  3. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Huh?  They work absolutely fine for me.  Try re-downloading?

4. Amysaurus

Amysaurus Digital Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    @Dalph: For some reason reading all of that third-person was difficult for me, but thanks so much! I don't think it really matters what program you use, though I do use Paint about 99% of the time - everybody has a preference! (I'll get to work on that hair tutorial ASAP!) 

@Caz: D'awww - thanks! Have a cookie basket! 

@King Danner: Mwahahaha! *eats the cookies* Hopefully this evil plan will work out! > :D And, yes, feel free to ask for advice, dearie. 

@Sharm: Thanks! The hair was... Ah... let's just call it a bit of experimentation! It's actually based off one of my way-older sprites.

@ksjp17: Thanks so much! Feel free to send any ideas for variations my way - I was planning on a few recolors, with some patterns on the robe.

*Tosses out cookies to everybody* 

5. Deleted

First Language:
    English
    Nope still not working, when I try to import and click on the file it's in it doesn't show up.?!

6. C-C-C-Cashmere (old)

C-C-C-Cashmere (old) Resident Weirdo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    WHOA, I love that voice acting. Congrats Chaos Avian and McTricky, you made voice acting that isn't cringy like 95% of voice acting. They're actually usable, lol. I also like the choirs by DesperateMeasurez.

As for the rest, very good all. GJ, everyone.

7. Jaide

Jaide "This guy are sick." Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The voice acting is pretty dang incredible! Even the voice acting in a lot of big name commercial games is cringe-worthy at best, so to be given these for free is a real treat!

Chaos Avian likes this.
  8. ??????

?????? Diabolical Codemaster Veteran

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    it doesnt, I woke up as Dalph found his cave. :)

Edit (few pages late lmao)

Edit again:

Just had a look through the pack. While there aint anything I can actually use right now, there are many excellent graphics in this pack. You guys deserve a huge pat on the back ^_^

9. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Scythuz

As a suggestion - how about a couple of pub themes?  Most games have a pub or 2, and it can be difficult to find something.  Also a couple of battle themes that are pacey and not too 'epic'.  Battle themes often sound over the top for the beginning of a game when the player is fighting the equivalent of a level one slime, and quirky/jokey battle themes undervalue the fact that even though it's only a slime, when you're only level two you're still taking significant damage.

@Qtpi0121

Certainly variations in the robe would be great.  But also perhaps something to indicate that the monk is old?  Difficult, I know, when there's no hair, but perhaps bushy grey eyebrows?  Slightly stooped, or with a walking stick would also work, but I imagine they are more tricky to do.

And to anyone who is thinking about generator parts - how about child sized clothes? I have an excellent template (courtesy of Qtpi0121), but nothing to put on it.

Scythuz likes this.
  10. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain) Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    At work atm, but I can submit my Music thoughts, since a friend generously lent me her laptop for a while.
    Like I said to Cazuke here, I'm not really that good into music feedback but I did my best, also I had to write all this papyrus two times (Archeia and Scythuz knows the reason).
    I'll try the scripts ASAP, SoulPour and Zane made some awesome things and I need time to try everything properly.

MUSIC:

@Clydous:
    Super Hyper Ultra Active Armor Construction is Go!!
    It's sci-fi battle theme, sounds great, fits more likely for an unique story related battle than just a regular one (at least according to me). Also as you say it can fit even for a futuristic\industrial dungeon, sounds really awesome from 0:41 towards the end, I like that part a lot.
    Great job Clydous.

@DesperateMeasurez:
    Camelot Monastery
    An awesome Gregorian chant, it's really peaceful and fits for a Church\Temple\Castle\Santuary or even for an Holy Character (like a Priest or something), it makes me think about my faith in a whole different way.

Fighting The Avanc
    I love the sadness into this theme, it's so deep, reminds me about a victory although a sad one.
    It can fit also for a tragic scene too that's for sure (or maybe for a tragic character), the possibilities are so many, it's a very flexible theme.

The Man, The Legend
    This is really the theme of King Arthur, although about his feelings and thoughts, it's a magic\mystic and abstract theme,
    it can fit for the inner thoughts\memories\fears or maybe for the dreams of a character, it's calm and very enjoyable to hear.

The Mystic Le Fay
    One of the best villain themes I've ever heard, it's sad, mysterious and evil, it really fits the character of Morgan Le Fay,
    but it's possible to use it even for another villain or for a tragic\sad scene.
    The echoes of Morgan (incomprehensible words) are pretty dayum scary.

@Dreadshadow:
    RTP Alternative Panning Derivatives
    wow I'm using my headphones atm, and I can really confirm that the directions of the sounds are absolutely perfect.
    These modified RTP sounds will be very useful for any sound intensive game (maybe an horror one with a scary atmosphere). Neat idea.

@JohnnyR:
    Brutal Battle
    A battle theme, but I see it fitting more for a regular battle rather than a boss battle (but maybe it's just me).
    You can use it for different settings I think (so medieval\modern\sci-fi), can become a bit repetetive sometimes but it's a great track.

Heaven's Battle
    This one is awesome, it's more like an angelic\divine(?) battle I think, there's something mystic and it's very good for a boss battle. As you say, starts calm and gets heavier later, very catchy from 1:17.

Serenity
    A nice ambient theme, it's very calm and relaxing, can be used for forests as you say and maybe for cutscenes and peaceful villages too (why not?). I don't know but Legend of Dragoon comes into my mind when I listen to this theme, the track fits with the style of the OST of that game.

@McTricky and Chaos Avian:
    Arthurian Battle Quotes
    I was interested into voice acting too for a brief period of my life, so I did study it a bit, but I can only do it well in my language (because of my italian accent). I must say that you guys did an awesome job, the quality of the samples is very high...these voices will be so dayum useful for any games out there, also if we use them alongside DM Arthurian themes it will be definitely possible to make an epic game.

@Scythuz:
    In ages gone by
    Reminisce is the first word that comes into my mind when I listen to this, it's a mystic theme and can fit very well for thoughts\memories\flashbacks and maybe dream cutscenes, the title really fits with the theme of the track, it's something past...an age gone. Very relaxing.

Jig in Camelot
    Camelot! Another great Arthurian theme, it's happy and lighthearted, fits for a special banquet or something (maybe even for a pub). Can be used in a lot of different ways however, even for a medieval village theme (as long as the village is peaceful). Makes you smile and puts you into an happy mood when you listen to it, awesome.

Koto Jam Party!
    I can't associate this track to anything of relevance and it's the first time (I'm a bit confused)...the track is kinda twisted, maybe it can fit for a specific villain? But I'm not 100% sure of it, I love the randomness of it however.

Mead in Jorvik
    This one is for a banquet too, but more likely for a medieval dance session. Again very lighthearted, you can't standstill when you listen to this track because it's very catchy and likeable. High quality, I like it.

Pathways of a certain distance
    The theme can fit for a dungeon (maybe a dark one, like a cave or a temple) but it's flexible, so even for a cutscene or a flashback (possibly sad things), it's quite relaxing. The ending part is amazing.

Tanwen - Warrior Princess, Welsh Cowgirl, Conniving Entrepeneur
    I assume this is the theme of Cazcelot Tanwen? Very heroic I must say, it's really appropriate for a knight or a soldier character, it oozes honor and duty from every pore. A great track.

The Sultan's Shed
    Yes, a Sultan's Shed...it's an arabic track, can be used even for a character that fits with the theme however, it's relaxing but also mysterious. I like the middle part, I can see it fit awesomely well with the Arabian Nights Resource Pack here.

The Varangian Guard's Sheep Bone Flute
    Oh this one is awesome, it's a flute track. I always wanted something like this, I think we need single instrument themes,
    especially if we use characters that are able to play music (like bards or something). Neat idea and execution.

@Subaru:
    Daily Sky
    Yeah, I can hear the acoustic guitar into this great track. It can fit for areas\villages and even for a main character, I dunno why but there's something engrossing into it. I can see it used very well even in an anime.

Desperation
    It's a desperate battle theme that fits very well for an hard boss battle, it's very catchy and well made, plus the middle part is amazing. Can easily become one of my favourites battle themes.

Summer Breeze
    Fits for a beach\seaside yes, but can be even used for a fisherman village (or a fishing minigame) or something similar.
    Very high quality I must say. it's relaxing and lightheared, the ending part if my favourite.

SUGGESTIONS - What I would like to see\hear in future:@Clydous:
    Another sci-fi battle theme would be interesting, but more fast paced if you want (it will fit more with boss battles).
    You can take inspiration from some battle\action themes in Mass Effect series.

@DesperateMeasurez:
    I would like to hear Mordred's theme too, since he's my favourite character in the Arthurian Legends.
    It's another villain theme, yeah, ahahahah...but less mystic and more knight-like.
    Another good idea would be a war theme (like those tracks in 300).

@Dreadshadow:
    More RTP goodies from you, use your imagination.

@JohnnyR:
    Since you're one of the 3 mighty bear punchers (with me and AstoXx) why not create a custom battle theme for Punch Bears? That would be awesome...ahahahah

@McTricky and Chaos Avian:
    Since I suggested Mordred to DM, I suggest him for you guys too, ahahahah.
    Some evil\black knight voice samples would be an awesome and useful thing to see.

@Scythuz:
    We talked about this time ago.
    I would like to hear more silly themes from you (for silly and dumb characters) and maybe a sexual\perv theme (for perverted characters).
    Remember the track of Muten's perv scenes in DB\DBZ? Take inspiration from that if you want, ahahahahah!
    Themes like those would be hilarious as hell and very useful for any game. Guaranteed.

@Subaru:
    Since you did so well with that beach theme, I would like to hear a mountain theme now (with a misty atmosphere).
    -
    I would also like to hear a particular villain theme here, maybe I'm a bit too arrogant by asking it but it will be very useful for any villain at the end (I'm not requesting anything, just suggesting it).
    You can take good inspiration from Orochimaru's Unreleased theme from Naruto Shippuden (but less eastern), the track is one of the best and most scary villain themes around and I'm sure people will find it useful for their games.

Take note of the voices\echoes\chants, they are the most important thing of it.

A similar theme will fit for me (and many other villains) awesomely well, if someone will do it in future I'll appreciate it a lot.
    -
    Now I would like to thank all the great composers\voice actors here for the awesome themes\audio files.
    Good job guys, it was fun to listen to everything...lots of nice stuff here.

Script feedback and other thanks will be next.

Susan, Caz, DesperateMeasurez and 2 others like this.
  11. Deleted

First Language:
    English
    Hmm, Champion of good.....  :unsure:  I feel one of my crazy ideas starting too crop up again.

12. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Response to feedback :D Thanks for commenting you guys!

Thank you so much! I almost forgot to make the kitten, which would have been very awkward as the playing with the kitten behaviour sprite was included at that point. I thought about a reading pose, but then remembered that Alice didn't like books (at least not in the Disney version), so I decided not include that.

Yes, Alice indeed. Little Red Riding Hood may or may not be in the making
    I've never played the American McGee games, but that Alice doesn't seem to be that different, just a different hair colour and some blood splatters. I'll try my hand at her. :)
    Thank you~ It's my first time making behaviour poses, so I'm glad you like them :D Yes, child and adult, because I was an idiot and made the child version first, as Alice in my mind is just a kid. Only to notice that Archeia's portrait is that of an adult, whoops :blush: Anyway the more the merrier?
    And thank you again, that's a great compliment! 
    Suggestions noted~

Thank you Qtpi! I'm glad you like them. :D

Thanks Sharm. :D Yes, Archeia's lovely portraits just demanded some sprites :3

Thank you ksjp! I had a fun time making her :)
    Graphics feedback. Everyone was too amazing!
    Avery:
    I love that monster tree sooo much! I’d love to see some more monster trees. It’d also be nice if there was this animation from the normal tree to the monster tree. Those tiles will come in quite handy for some inside tree level. And that squirrel battler is adorable.

Candacis:
    I’ve been seeing this adorable pigs in your sigs and wallace’s avatar for a while now, so happy to see them released in full. The world map tiles are pretty varied. Really loving the big lake one. How about one for a village on water like Venice. It would be great if you could make some more cute animal sprites, maybe one for Avery’s squirrel? A cute fox would be so amazing to see.

Caz:
    That castle is too beautiful for words. I just can’t. Tawen is so pretty and strong. I’d be great if there as a sprite for her.

Chaos Avian:
    Nice battlers. I like the Grand Draken the most. Not sure if it’s already been mentioned, but your TOS says five battlers, but I only see four.

EvilEagles:
    Yummy chocolate icons! Also, really loving the new autotiles for the DS RTP, specially the water.

KingDanner:
    Lots of sprites! I love the behavior sprites for Dalph and that tribal warrior looks amazing.
    Matseb2611:
    Some very nice additions to the RTP soldiers. Kudos.

OceansDream:
    The weapons will come in handy, thank you. And it’s nice to see some more sprites on Archeia’s template.

Palladinthug:
    Those are some lovely animations! Also, thank you for including a DS sized waterwheel, though I still have to test it out. The tiles look very lovely as well.

Qtpi:
    Those sprites are amazing! I’d love to see some more geishas, maybe a maiko? A miko sprite would also be awesome.

Thalzon:
    As always loving your battlers. I would certainly love to see more RTP battlers.
    Liberty:

The animated tiles look nice and those coffins are exactly what I needed! Thank you :D
    To the Music Wizards
    Clydous:
    I don’t know why but it reminded me of DDR, so all I could envision was the heroes doing a dance off against a demon lord.

DesperateMeasurez:
    I got very excited when the preview video mentioned Athurian themes, not because I’m a big fan of the legends, but mostly because of the missing of some nice medieval themed music. I’d love to see more of these, maybe a few Robin Hood themed? (Or Reynaert the Fox, though not as popular as Robin Hood).
    The Mystic Le Fay and Fighting the Avanc are my favourites. Also, I’ll second Dalph’s suggestion, a theme for Mordred would be awesome.

Dreadshadow:
    Wow, I’d never even thought about panning the music, but great idea! I feel this could be very helpful in atmospheric games.

JohnnyR:
    I liked Heaven’s Battle the most, I think. Serenity sounded lovely as well.

McTricky and Chaos Avian:
    That’s some amazing voice acting and quite extensive. Thanks!

Scythuz:
    Jig in Camelot was my favourite, until I listened to Koto Jam Party. So awesome! It reminded me of the fact that I’m going to see a Kabuki performance next week. Definitely suits as tea house, a Japanese traditional theater or even as a theme for a shrine/temple. Also, I’ll repeat what I said @DesperateMeasurez, thank you so much for the medieval themes. They are awesome. I also loved the Eastern themed ones. So in short, I loved all of them. :D

Subaru:
    Wow, Daily Sky reminded me of sitcoms. I did not expect that when I opened the file at all. Desperation sounds very nice. I know it’s a battle theme, but I definitely can see some use of it in high paced cutscenes.

General suggestion:
    I’d love to see some “special” town’s songs, such as an animal town or an underwater village. (But mostly an animal town.)
    Edit: Also congrats Caz on your new position! :D

13. Dalph

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm surprised that nobody gave in-depth feedback to the scripters here (that's what I'm doing atm).

I know it's hard to test the scripts ingame but SoulPour and Zane need feedback for their work, just try their scripts and report if there are errors\crashes\compatibility issues (that will be useful I think), you don't have to try everything ofc every small bit helps.

If you don't want nor you don't have time to try the scripts, at least give suggestions\ideas for new scripts that will be available in the next Restaff, I'm sure the Restaff guys would appreciate it.

Susan likes this.
  14. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I just don't use VXAce at all, only to test if my VXAce sprites work. :/ And so I also have no suggestions on that part. Sorry guys. :(

They all look very handy though, and wow SoulPour that's a lot of scripts. :o

But anyway, I gave your demos a try, SoulPour.

I really like the Scene_Bonus one. That'd be great for simulation games and all. :)

The Scene_Display and Scene_Soul Story Yna are also pretty handy.

As for Soul Engine Ace, it's pretty great, but I ran into some problems while testing the demo. After I unlocked several characters, I'd get an error saying RGSS3 has stopped playing. (Not sure if that's my laptop or the script, but figured I should mention it.) And I got a script error when I toggled fullscreen.

Script 'Game_Interpreter' line 1411: NameError occured.

uninitialized constant Game_Interpreter::Full_Screen

The other features were working nicely :)

(Sorry Zane, I'll try yours out tomorrow)

Archeia likes this.
  15. DesperateMeasurez

DesperateMeasurez Darren Curtis Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Alkorri: For that first part... I just can't believe you. No way is Dalph helping old ladies. Stealing their souls, more like! Anyway, thank you very much. That's cool to know about the notes. If I know people are interested in that, I can definitely start to include that more. That's something I usually do for the Devs. I'm working with so they know why I did what I did. But I can certainly try to include that here too.

@Qtpi: Thank you very much. I'm a big fan of choral music myself!

@Sharm: Thank you! You really are too kind. Much appreciated!

@CashmereCat: Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed. And I very much agree that voice acting is amazing!

@Dalph: Thanks for the feedback, man! I'll have to see if I can come up with something for Mordred. Though it might not fit in the next theme, whatever that turns out to be. But I can just toss it in anyway. Variety is the spice of life, no? I originally had plans to do another ten or so tracks for different events/characters in Arthur's life after the ReStaff release, but I kind of felt a drawback would be the very specific nature of the music. It's like it fits a very definite demographic. If someone is doing a fantasy, LoTR type game, then it could work. But for a lot of themes that sound might not fit. The lack of "flexibility" (maybe not the right word) of the music was just a drawback I was weighing.

@slimmmeiske2: Thank you! Ah, that's what I was just talking about in my response to Dalph. Definitely if I know there is a want for that genre, then I'd be happy to keep putting it out there as I absolutely love that kind of music. I just want to make sure it's going to have a loving home! Haha. Thanks so much for the kind words!

I really hope I didn't overlook or forget anyone. If I did, please slap me in the face so I can respond and thank you! Thanks so much for the responses everyone. They are much appreciated! Peace.

slimmmeiske2, Alkorri and Dalph like this.
  16. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Want people like me to start including song descriptions/suggested uses again?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
  17. Alkorri

Alkorri Proofreading Penguin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well it would be much appreciated but not necessary :)

18. SergeX

SergeX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I want to give some feedback on music. I'm not a music critic, but I'll say from my experience hearing the songs. I have to say that everybody did a really good work, theres high quality stuff here. Congrats and thanks for sharing these amazing songs everybody.

Can I sugest something? Pipe organs. Love them. Organ themes for villains or battles are always epic. Like the 1:30 here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5Zb7nxG5-8&index=92&list=PLB5466A4722399203

Clydous: great theme! For use in a somewhat decisive battle or dungeon. Loved the progression of the song.
    DesperateMeasurez: I love the chant! Epic, heavenly and fits gods and godess, or a cult of higher powers. Liked all pieces here. Just a sugestion: what about something with pipe organs and the chants you do so well, for a villain encounter or battle? I'm thinking of a song like this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bW5vdW7gtE or . Mystic Le Fay is a favorite.

Scythus: Really good work. I loved Koto Jam Party. Maybe for a misterious character or a dungeon of a samurai villain? Actually I was looking for music like this, makes me remember of this theme from SMT IV that I love: www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZT_aSkeMB4&index=62&list=PLuu7gfeeGV4TKifRVuYQCVEIU1lGJoIhG. Please keep up with this "oriental style"! I like it.
    In ages gone by I feel someone remembering of past or uncertain of what future holds. Or looking for atone a past mistake... A favorite here. All songs are great, I can't. For a magic/medieval court setting some songs here fits perfectly

JohnnyR: loved serenity. But the two other themes I found a bit repetitive... Lacks more strenght and progression or develop the melody... I dunno if you can understand what I mean.

McTricky and Chaos Avian: WOW, impressed with the battle quotes. High quality stuff here. Makes me wanna do a game just to use them, haha

Subaru: 2 very nice solar themes here. I like daily sky. Its happy, but at the same time invokes memories... I dunno. A song to be used when friends are having a good time or then are remembering good past times. Your songs are beautiful :3

Caz likes this.
  19. Dalph

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It seems that I'm fated to post feedback everytime I'm at work, ahahahah.
    Ok so here are the scripts and the thanks, I didn't try exactly everything this time but I still tried a lot of things:

SCRIPTS:

@Soulpour777:
    The Actor Critical Damage Multiplier is a good idea and doesn't crashes or gives errors of any sort, even when you add very large numbers in the notetag for the damage multiplier. I tried incredibly big numbers and everything seems to work just fine.

The Actor Extra Damages script gives a NoMethodError, I had to delete the line 24 to make it work.

The Battle Fogs script works fine and looks pretty cool ingame, I'm not a fan of fogs in battle tbh (I don't even use them in maps) but it's still an useful script.

The Chaos and Order VXA script looks like an alignment system (pretty cool), you can also customize the names of the alignments and the values of the variables (as long as you create them ingame).

The Dragon Evocation State and MP Based is great script, reminds me about those awesome Breath of Fire games (I'm a fan of the series too), works just fine with the transformation and the skills. You can customize a lot of things with this one, it's very useful.

The Eliminate Weaker Spells script works perfectly and does exactly what it says, it replaces weaker version of the spells soon as you learn the stronger versions of them.

I can't make the Enemy Battler Hue Animation work (and I dunno why), I also tried creating a new different project and adding only this script but nothing happens. I added the notetag in the Enemies Tab but the hue animation for the enemy doesn't work for me.

The Sprite Battle Names VXA is simple and yet so nice, it works fine and displays the sprite of the characters near their names in battle. Looks pretty cool ingame.

The Story Connected Game Over script is a great idea, multiple Game Over Screens can be very useful (especially in horror games).

The KE - Soul Scene Story Yna looks awesome ingame, can be useful for displaying any story-related cutscenes with a scrolling text and an animated background. Works fine and it's very useful, plus you can change the pictures and so edit everything as you want.

The Scene Display Ex is an amazing script (I think I'm gonna use this one for one of my games), it's perfect if you want to create books\encyclopedias\bestiaries and add images into them...simply awesome.

The Scene_Bonus Ex is another gorgeous script, it adds a scene ingame and makes the player choose a bonus item, you can easily change the pictures and modifying it the way you want. High level of customization and nice idea.

Soul Engine Ace IV
    Lots of really awesome stuff here (but sadly a lot of bugs\errors too man).
    There are icons displayed in the menus, a full biography page for each character in the party, a nice music box, also a customizable HUD, a cursor to select the enemies in battle and a lot of other useful things too.
    The Unlock Characters Screen looks neat ingame, nice idea.
    I love also that you added the Boss Battle theme of Breath of Fire 4 in the demo, ahahahah.

BUGS\ERRORS\CRASHES:
    • Sometimes after the battle (against the dummies) the HUD doesn't hide and remains ingame even on the map, see?:
    [​IMG]

• If I select Allow cutscene why when I press ESC the main menu doesn't work anymore? It's normal?
    • Can't close anymore the Multi-Variable Hud once I choose to display it.
    • Toggle Fullscreen crashes the demo and gives to me this NameError:
    Script 'Game_Interpreter' line 1411: NameError occured.

uninitialized constant Game_Interpreter::Full_Screen

• Ok, this isn't a script error but why when I use a Potion everyone in the party get poisoned? rofl
    • I don't understand why when I start the battle Eric (or maybe just third party member) doesn't have full Hp anymore (yes the character was fully healed before the battle).
    • There's also a random crash when I escape from the battle against the dummies, can't really figure what it is however (it's really random)...you should check it out.

@Zane:
    I think I'll add both of your scripts in one of my games. I love how the damage popups look in battle and I love how smooth the cursor is in the various menus, everything looks and works in a perfect way Zane. The scripts are nice, polished and very useful.
    -
    SUGGESTIONS for the next Scripts

@SoulPour777:

A Master System, that special gameplay feature in Breath of Fire series.

Basically assign your heroes to some Masters NPCs and under some requirements, gain improved stats and/or skills when you level up.

I saw something like this for VX, but can't find it for ACE, I think it would be a cool idea.

A sort of Spell-Combo System (with an HUD in battle if possible), like in Breath of Fire series.
    Basically two or more abilities of two or more party members combined with each other to create a new powerful ability.

Example:
    Ralph casts Light
    Dalph casts Darkness

Light+Darkness= Chaos (the new combined spell)

Soon as the character will use the second ability (and so meet the requirements) the new spell will be casted and it will replace the last spell casted for that turn. I hope I explained myself...lol

I'm not sure if there's already something like this tbh but I would love to see it.

@Zane:
    A custom main menu for large parties (8+ characters) or for 2 characters only (I can't really find one for two characters for ACE).
    -
    Overall, it was pretty fun to try everything ingame, great scripts guys. Good job to both.

Now to close this I would like to give an HUGE THANKS to Archeia, Caz and all the others for their hard work, their gorgeous stuff and for making all this possible. Seriously you guys are awesome and I appreciate your efforts.

Susan, Ksi, Caz and 2 others like this.
  20. Evan Finkel

Evan Finkel Modeling Beholder Veteran

Love that sprite of Dalph 

Chaos Avian and Dalph like this.