ReStaff November-December Release 2013!

Discussion in 'Resource Staff Releases' started by Ralph, Dec 18, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Yes you can share links now! (just not dl links plz, but post links). There's 16 presents overall and our Event Bosses did a great job handling this event!

Thank you again to everyone who participated <3

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2013
  2. Jay_NOLA

Jay_NOLA Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
  3. Super Galaxy Convoy

Super Galaxy Convoy Supreme Commander Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
  4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
  5. Yato

Yato (aka Racheal) Veteran

For #4, try looking for a thread made today by one of the event bosses.

#15 is a little tough, though I personally found #12 harder. To my knowledge, there's only two ladies who have a red badge on this site, and only one of those two is active in this event.

6. Kes

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks, I'll keep trying, though I do find myself wondering how forum members who don't have English for their first language will understand some of the clues, or those  who are relatively new will have any hope of getting a number of these.

EDIT

Okay, here is the link to Gift #4

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/21106-oscars-adventure/?p=201268

I think I'm just going to give up looking for #15.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2013
    Chaos17 and Candacis like this.
  7. kj3400

kj3400 Hmph Master Veteran

Baltimore, MD, N America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
  8. Jay_NOLA

Jay_NOLA Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks Supreme Galaxy Convoy, ksjp17 & kj3400,

for finding those 3 I couldn't find and for pointing out the copy and past I did for 7 didn't copy 7's link  but kept 2's link instead.

9. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh wow, this is fun, but pretty hard. At first I thought 'a place that newbies never seem to read' would be the tutorials. Turns out it's the other place newbies never seem to read. :p Thanks for all the links, guys.

10. amerk

amerk Veteran Member

First Language:
    English
    Nice and very creative way to get people to move around the forum. Great job, everybody!

11. Silent Darkness

Silent Darkness Robomage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Not bad. Though, like I suspected, only a few possible things I could find useful, seeing as how doing a christmas-like thing isn't on my agenda.

But, I will admit that one battler and the battlebacks in #...11, was it, will come in handy.

12. Kes

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Now that I'm back home from work and can take a look at our presents, all I can say is - well done everyone, and thanks for all the work organising this as well as the work that went into the resources themselves. 

13. Chiara

Chiara Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Seems most of the fun happened while I was sleeping, but reading (and searching for) everything once I got home today kind of made my day. Presents! Even found most of them on my own (for the rest: thanks to those who posted the links). :D Unzipping them felt like unpacking, but without the annoying wrapping paper.

Pretty cool stuff everyone. Thanks for the gifts and the event (even though I kinda missed it), sooo much fun (presents and stuff like this make me super happy, so I tend to get a bit euphoric/excited x)).

14. SoundRay

SoundRay Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    That was a lot of fun, really hard but fun. Really happy to be included in this restaff. Loved the other goodies, thanks everyone for your work and putting the event all together!

15. Chaneque

Chaneque Prince of Strange Things Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
  16. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    so we're off to find them ourselves? this is quite a nice event... gotta look for mine first... XD

oh wait, you all posted links now... arghhh...

btw, for those who already seen mine, how's it? I hope you find those charsheets usable... :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2013
  17. Chiara

Chiara Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Me again; I thought I could give back a tiny bit to those who spent their time making presentsressources for us by taking the time to give feedback to every gift. So, sorry if it's a bit lengthy (spent about two hours writing this, hope I didn't confuse anything with anything else). :blink:

Put it in a spoiler so it doesn't look so super long.

@1st gift: Fade BGM Script by Fomar
    This one seems pretty handy to have. Need to try it out sometime.@2nd gift: Two Music Tracks by Gorlami
    "12 Days of Christmas" fortunately doesn't sound too christmas-y to me (except if its based on a christmas song I'm not familiar with?), so maybe it'll see some use for some light-hearted scenes.
    "Silent Night" is a pretty interpretation of a song I'm deeply annoyed with. That's a big compliment, by the way. ;) Sounds like a pretty picture. Can't find the right words for it. Listening to it feels somewhat like looking at a Caspar David Friedrich painting.

@3rd gift: Matseb2611's Snowmen
    It's nice that all the snowmen seem to have slightly different bodies (as the shading implies) and the different "personalities" are a nice touch. While it seems they lack a little bit of contrast in the shading to fit the RTP, I like them. Looks like they could populate a whole town. :D

@4th gift: 1 Music By McTricky
    "Carol of the Bells ~battle arrange~" - It does have some good moments, but... Just personal taste or I'm too sensitive to some sounds I guess, but some of the higher notes sound weird to me (I really liked the end except for those super high sounds, for example, or the choir at 00:45/00:46). Apart from that, I like the rhythm and, well, the rest without the high sounds. Sorry. ^^"

@5th gift: 2 Tracks by DesperateMeasurez
    "Ripples of War" at first gave the impression of a lone person standing on some kind of elevation/plateau, speaking/playing an instrument alone, just to be joined by a whole army of people the person first thought wouldn't come with him/her. Imagination running around, having fun.
    dayum, I never thought I ever would say this about a christmas song, but your "We wish you a merry christmas" remix actually sounds cool. I really like listening to it. :o *shocked* ;)

@6th gift: 5 Tracks by Scythuz
    "Aqua Fort" sounds pretty versatile. Can picture it for a dungeon as well as theme for a secluded town. Same goes for "Hot Sauce Lair".  The latter would also make a nice villain theme. As for "Realm of Sirs", I really seem to have a problem with high sounds. Still, I like it a lot.
    "Slums With Chums" doesn't evoke any kind of idea in me. Doesn't mean I think its bad, clearly isn't, maybe I just need to listen to it a few times more. So can't really give feedback on this one, sorry.
    "Welcome Home" sounds pretty idyllic. Gives me some non-idyllic ideas. :D

@7th gift: 1 Characterset Template by Ruby
    Very pretty character. <3 Only one thing I'd like to remark and you most probably are already aware of: second row in the middle, there seems to be a pixel line too much compared with third row in the middle.

Super pretty. <3

@8th gift: 1 Track by SoundRay
    "Winter Wish" - Idyllic, calming. Picture it as being quite fitting as BGM while some backstory of better times is being told. Also, not too christmas-y, so somewhat versatile theme-wise. :)

@9th gift: Battlers and Charsets by Adiktuzmiko
    Sign posts. <3 I actually cheered when seeing them. One of those simple ideas I never think of myself. ;) They'll be put to good use.
    As for the pixel battlers... I don't want to come across the wrong way, I can definitely see the work put into them, but the shading seems somehow too soft on most of them. Maybe more contrast between the colours used would help, like you did with "Shadow". Also, something looks a bit off to me concerning the "Mushroom"'s outline, but can't really put it into words, sorry. What I like about them is the common design element of the yellow eye. Makes them look like they belong to the same world. :)

@10th gift: 1 Tractor by Caz
    A tractor! Sooo cool. Won't use it myself, but it's really nice to look at.

@11th gift: 3 Battlebacks by Archeia
    One can never have too many battlebacks to choose from. I like the suggestions of magic/fog in Floor-js-3. Also seems to have some kind of suggested reflection (or it's the single tiles' texture tricking my brain into seeing reflections), pretty cool. :)

@12th gift: Actors Recolored to Fit VXAce by Archeia
    First didn't notice that the style was changed but it's a great idea. Now those guys fit with the Actor 4&5 facesets! Great job. I also like them better now with more contrast/saturation/overall colourfulness. :)

@13th gift: Battlers by Pandamaru
    Always nice to have more RTP-styled battlers. I especially like mermaid2 and 3 (lovely colour choice), although the mermaid's left breast looks a bit off. But drawing boobs in perspective always is hard (or it is at least to me), just thought I'd mention it. ;)

@14th gift: Characters by Pandamaru
    The decorations on the gate give it a nice touch, I like it. :)

@15th gift: Tilesets by Panda Maru
    Love the interior stuff. Snowy outside is pretty, too, but the interior stuff also fits non-snowy settings, making it even more useful to me. <3

@16th gift: Titles and Game Overs by Panda Maru
    A blank version of the book's definitely handy to have. Game over's simple, yet effective. Cloth, birds and hand give it a nice sense of movement.

Caz, McTricky, Ruby and 3 others like this.
  18. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Thank you for leaving feedback Chiara! That's something we will always appreciate <3

We're glad that everyone liked searching the boards for a bit to find the presents! I'm glad for the community participation~

19. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks for the feedback Chiara!  I feel I should point out that anyone who uses my track Hot Sauce Lair, should use this as their dungeon boss.  

20. Chaneque

Chaneque Prince of Strange Things Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A