Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
ReStaff is a collaboration between artists/scripters/etc. to make free resources for people to use on their games. Because of the different authors and collaborative efforts, it's hard to tell if a piece can be used commercially or not. So far here are the list of authors involved and if their works are allowed for commercial ventures:

ReStaff 2013 Terms of Use:

Graphics Credits and Terms: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z3F-0DeMhPSHu6411hRcs1UsGlu0u2xxKcG_Vw0K-Lg/edit?usp=sharing

Music Credits and Terms: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Mvza6XM76uI7KGcH4nuH_-wPJuhASzkf4YwRW9MK0Ko/edit?usp=sharing

ReStaff 2014 Terms of Use:

Compliation of Terms: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BmotTYmANgv82gTeWtr-wBIB4J8wVoMKBZfR3iVBlCM/edit?usp=sharing

Authors who allow their work to be used commercially:
- Remember to credit the authors for their hard work!
- If it's a collaboration and all the authors involved are on the list below, that means their work is allowed for commercial use.

• Scinaya
  • Archeia (unless stated in the ToS of that pack)
  • Thalzon
  • Fomar0153
  • EvilEagles
  • Timmah
  • Sharm
Authors which you will need permission to use their work commercially:
- The authors in this list haven't signed the text document in the ReStaff dropbox folder that gives the permission to use their work for commercial use. It is highly recommended that you PM them first and ask.

• PentagonBuddy (also known as Penta)
  • Jalen
  • Kain
  • Liberty (also known as SilverSatyr)
  • Lunarea
  • Shiro
  • Lemony
  • PandaMaru
  • Gorlami
The list will be updated once I have asked everyone if their work is allowed for commercial use.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lars Ulrika

I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, just one thing to say : if I manage to finish my commercial game, you'll sure get a free copy of it (at least). :) . That's the least I can do to thank you for this!

Mizuotaku

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Good to know, thanks for placing that up there.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What about the guest contributions? 

thecretanhound

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hat's off to the whole Restaff crew, love all the new stuff your guys bring to the table. I WILL in the future as my skills improve love to also donate work.  Thanks again!

RyanA

Happy Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just want to add that I've forgotten to include my thing on quite af ew occasions now ;w; Anyway they follow the same rules as the rest of my stuff. Non-commercial only with credits and contact me for commercial usage :3

Lars Ulrika

I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wait, I'm confused, Pandamaru's Tos on her own thread says we can use her ressources for commercial usage but not here? 

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That's her own thread, ReStaff is different. That's why she's in ask her first.

Her latest ToS for the Feb pack actually requires you to contact her for commercial usage of the tiles.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The list was for people that have and haven't directly told the ones handling ReStaff that the resources can be used on commercial games... Also there is no list for resources that cannot be used commercially, the only list is for those that can and those that you need to clarify with the creator

and as Archeia said, ReStaff is different. All resources of 1 person are actually.

William MC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eng. & Span.
Primarily Uses
Wait, I'm confused, Pandamaru's Tos on her own thread says we can use her ressources for commercial usage but not here? 
I'm also curious about this because I'd like to use a couple of her tilesets from the ReStaff stuff. It is a little confusing because in her thread it says you can use that stuff, and I've seen threads where she posted stuff that people needed for a commercial game. I'd like to use her port town stuff, so I sent her a pm to ask.

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This really helps. In the event that I'll need to use outside resources, I'll know where to look. ^_^

PandaMaru

little red panda
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
N/A
My Terms:

Ressources are created for RPG Maker by Enterbrain, you need to own a legal licence for this particular RPG Maker. You are only allowed to use these ressources in your RPG Maker projects. The ressources are build upon the original Run Time Package (RTP) - therefore they are "edits" and all creative rights belong to Enterbrain.
Ressources are free to use, but you must credit PandaMaru. You are free to alter the ressources for your own purpose. Please link back to this thread or my homepage (
Link). Please don't repost ressources. If you alter or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
non-commercial
Always permitted
commercial
You must contact me before using my material for commercial purposes. Please include a link to your website or your project development thread. [SIZE=8pt]I'm always happy if I receive a free copy of your game for my collection, but this is optional.[/SIZE]

Stridah

The People's Champion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
anyone know terms for indrahs rocks? she is not listed.

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Can you add me for the category: Authors which you will need permission to use their work commercially?

I usually give permission for commercial works, but I want to be informed about it and you have to message me. Feel free to edit my resources and share them publicly (and without charge), as long as you still credit me, but please don't repost my original resources somewhere without my permission.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sand is basically small rocks
Realizing my earlier maps are an abomination against all things, I'm doing a bit of a remake. Tell me if you can see the difference. :LZSwink:

And the horrific before pics...

Last part of OcRam Obfuscator sneek peaks!
YES! officially released my games soundtrack on Itunes, Spotify, and Amazon..... kinda cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holzblae