Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi there everyone, as some of you are aware, I've been taking part in the monthly resource staff releases as a guest contributor for a few months now.  I primarily contribute music specifically although I have occasionally contributed simple musical/sound effects.  What you might not know is that I do actually take requests for this.  

I've made this thread in an attempt to make people aware of this and hopefully give you all an opportunity to get the sort of music that you would want to use/hear.  

After all, my contributions are for this community, so I want to make sure that these contributions are actually helpful to people rather than just making whatever I feel like and hoping that someone will like it.

If you have a request then you can either send me a message or reply to this thread.  There are some conditions to this though and they are as follows:

• The music requested will be non-exclusive (others will be able to use the tracks), it will be part of a restaff release if requested here.  If you want the track to be exclusive (as in, only you are allowed to use the track) then please refer to this thread. 
  • If I feel a track is unsuitable for restaff or it's simply out of my skill range, I have the right to deny said request.
  • Tracks might not always be finished on time, remember that I can only take on so much work at once.  I might not always be able to finish a track in time for the current release and have to delay it for the next months.
  • Try not to keep each track too specific, these are community contributions and I'm far more likely to accept a request if I know it will be helpful to multiple people.  Don't let this stop you from making a request at all, it's just something to bear in mind.
Here is a rough template to follow: 

Format: wav, mp3, ogg

Type of track: Battle Theme, Town Theme, Airship etc

Style: Orchestral, electronic, post-funk-dubstep-folk-metal etc

Length: (No more than 3 minutes)

Tempo: Fast, slow, moderate

Influences: Please include any reference music here that might help

Additional information: Please put down any other words or descriptions you feel would help me get an idea of what you want out of your track. 

If you need to hear examples of my music for reference, please visit here and have a listen to some of the tracks there so you can get an idea of what I can do.

Looking forward to your requests and I hope I can be of help to you all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well that's it for this months restaff.  It's a shame nobody had any requests but hopefully things will go better this month! :)

From now on all requests will be for the November restaff and I'm looking forward to creating some cool music for you all! :)

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Things I think are lacking in variety, and therefore could usefully be added to the available resources:

Format:  ogg looped

Type of track: Theme for a fire dungeon

Style: orchestral

Tempo: Moderate

Format: ogg, looped

Type of track: theme for the 'noble' rich portion of an important city (but see the next item which is linked to this)

Tempo: moderate

Format: ogg, looped

Type of track, theme for the poor part of the important city, so obviously needs to have sufficient similarities to the previous item, but with a sufficient change of mood to reflect the differences in location.

Tempo: moderate.

I can come up with more of this sort of thing, but probably 3 is enough to be going on with.

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Those tracks make a lot of sense and seem like they'll be useful to a lot of people, thanks ksjp 17!

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just had another thought for you to think about in those odd, idle moments, though I am aware that this may be too much like a personal preference for it to be included in a Staff Resource pack.

I like battle themes that have an aural link with the dungeon theme, I think it makes things more cohesive.

So... how about a battle theme to go with the fire dungeon theme?

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just had another thought for you to think about in those odd, idle moments, though I am aware that this may be too much like a personal preference for it to be included in a Staff Resource pack.

I like battle themes that have an aural link with the dungeon theme, I think it makes things more cohesive.

So... how about a battle theme to go with the fire dungeon theme?
Nothing wrong with being cohesive.  I'm sure I can find a way to make it work :)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's really neat that you opened up this thread for people! I always enjoying seeing what music you contribute to the restaff, it's always really amazing. That being said something I think might be useful as available resource

Format: ogg looped

Type of track: Theme for a water dungeon

Tempo: Moderate

That's what I can think of. ^^

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've came up with the following ideas separately from the requests and I was wondering if anyone would find them useful:

Ice Caverns

Ship Theme

Jungle Theme

Plains Theme

Wilderness Theme

Mountain Theme

Space / Moon Theme

Post-Apocalypse Field Theme

Pub / Tavern Theme

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Some new Pub/Tavern themes would be useful because virtually every game has these locations.

The others will appeal to more particular games - which is no reason for not doing them, but simply a question of priorities.  Insofar as I've read on some threads that there is a real lack of variety in sci-fi music, perhaps the space/moon theme is another one to push up the list.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll always be supportive of more sci-fi tracks, so space/moon theme is definitely a thumbs up from me.

I'd say also perhaps tracks related to the dungeons of each of the basic elements, since most fantasy RPGs seem to have that. So you've already done Fire. It might be a good idea to do some of the other elements too. Post-apocalyptic field sounds like a nice idea too. I'd be interested to hear how that turns out.  

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm Sci-fi and elemental dungeons added to the list then!

I'm gonna try and keep each release varied, so I probably won't do all the dungeon themes at once for example.  Hope that's okay!

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Requests for Restaff January 2014 are now open!

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How about windy mountains?  or in fact any sort of mountains?  Tricky to convey the idea in music, yet many games will feature that sort of landscape.

Thanks.

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh yeah, that's already on the list.

Speaking of which here is the list so far for anybody interested (/ means done):  

Fire Dungeon /

Fire Dungeon Battle Theme

Upper class part of town /

Poor part of town /

Water Dungeon /

Autumn Theme

Rural Theme

Ship Theme

Jungle Theme

Plains Theme

Wilderness Theme

Mountain Theme

Space / Moon Theme

Post-Apocalypse Theme

Pub / Tavern Theme

2 - 5 second jingles?

Sci-fi tracks

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can I request an angelic type battle theme?  Would be awesome to have one in a restaff release  :)

Type of track: Battle Theme

Style: Orchestral

Length: about 2 min

Influences: Beat the Angel (from Tales of Symphonia): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56DNAxqmAMU

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can I request an angelic type battle theme?  Would be awesome to have one in a restaff release  :)

Type of track: Battle Theme

Style: Orchestral

Length: about 2 min

Influences: Beat the Angel (from Tales of Symphonia): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56DNAxqmAMU
Interesting request, I'll squeeze it into this months release :)

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you.  :)  Angels hate being discriminated against when it comes to battle themes (Demons get them all  :p ).

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I am pretty curious if you can do a escape theme like a really epic escape theme..when exemple a donjon will explode because...a idiot put a magical spell who destroy donjon ...well is a idea !

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am pretty curious if you can do a escape theme like a really epic escape theme..when exemple a donjon will explode because...a idiot put a magical spell who destroy donjon ...well is a idea !
Like this then?

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Yeah x3! Like this! I never thinked of final fantasy 9 :`3!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Kid : "MOOOMM! My poop is bloody red!" Me, an intellectual : "There's worm parasite inside your body. You gonna die soon."
Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lanzy