ReStaff September - October 2014

Discussion in 'Resource Staff Releases' started by Caz, Oct 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Caz

Caz Green Eyes Blonde Dragon Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Welcome back for another round of ReStaff! We have
    a hell of a lot of impressive resources for you all again
    today, and I honestly cannot thank our
    contributors both new and old enough for
    what they've done to make this happen yet again!

These guys are AMAZING
    and I can't wait to see what you all think
    of what these dudes have produced!

Per usual:
    Information about Commercial usage can be found here.
    If you want to be a Guest Contributor, go here!

We are always open to guest contributions and would love to
    see your work if you want to contribute, so please don't be
    shy! You can shoot me or Archeia a PM with any questions
    regarding becoming a Guest!

Without further ado, we'd like to present our thanks for
    your continued support.
    [​IMG]
    Download Here

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    puMaDee, GGSlayer, Allusion and 34 others like this.
  2. Venka

Venka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    wow really beautiful work by all the contributors. And lots of tiles =) my weakness

3. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Graphics:

Avery:            Nice work, where are the terms? :/

Caz:              This is incredible!

Justin Zalett:     Nice icons. Could be useful on many games.

kj3400:              Nice simple arrows.

leilaheliday:       Very nice custom system graphics

Libery:              "We may edit! This is epic. I like your forest idea plus I wanna get rid of some black external color from it. Nice edits!

Matombo:          Decent trapdoor! :p

Matthew Ashworth: WHAT THE F.... OH MY GOD! This is just incredible and awesome! D 

Palladinthug        Nice stuff

PandaMaru:        As usual strikes again with incredible stuff!!!

Thalzon:             More enemies to fight! We love Thalzon!

Music:

Darren Curtis:    comes again with two very nice music scores! Very nice music!

JohnnyR:           Nice ambient sounds you got there, I liked that ambient drone-like sound pack you made. :)

Scythuz:            Well made music mate!    

Wow people! Really nice! :)

4. Evan Finkel

Evan Finkel Modeling Beholder Veteran

Thanks! I am glad you liked my very first contribution to restaff!

Dreadshadow likes this.
  5. TungerMan

TungerMan SmugMan Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Loved the pack for the most part but man those battlers are exceptionally gorgeous.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
    Thalzon, Chaos Avian and Dreadshadow like this.
  6. kj3400

kj3400 Hmph Master Veteran

Baltimore, MD, N America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm just happy I can contribute. Maybe next time I can think of something better. Maybe...

7. PandaMaru

PandaMaru little red panda Restaff

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Good Work everyone!

I love this market/thanksgiving-set of Candacis, it's gorgeous. :wub: All the details and colors!

Chaos Avian, can I adopte this sweet little bush mite?

8. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    I wonder what kind of awesomeness lies in this almost 80MB of restaff :)

9. Chaos Avian

Chaos Avian Abyssal Wing Restaff

First Language:
    English
    PandaMaru I can give you 20 :3

Dreadshadow and PandaMaru like this.
  10. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Amazing work everyone! The graphics - wow, blow me away! And I'm struggling because I want to drop everything I *need* to work on and go make a lovely fall map!

Music is great too guys! Was there intentionally a space theme?

11. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The theme was half Autumn, half Space/Sci-fi :)

mlogan likes this.
  12. Bonkers

Bonkers Bioware, do you need a nap? Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Music First:

Desperate Measurez:

Drifting Through Space a nice soft sweet melody, and the piano makes a good build.

Exotic Plains was a smooth and quick paced.

JohnnyR:

Memories of a Better Time has good scene quality.

Space Melody gives a powerful stationary feel, like a station or alien planet.  Very atmospheric.

Background sounds get overlooked, thanks for including them and the jump sound effects.  We rarely get to see many custom effects.

Scythuz:

Stars will Fall has a perfect sinister tone to it.  Great for a mystery or villainous intent.

Stay on Target felt like dance music more than the space battle I was thinking it would be.

The Sophisticated Man has a nice pedestrian, street crawling investigation feel to it.

This is highly making me consider using your music entirely for the next project.

Warp Factor 5.2 Feels like the battle music more than travel.  Very fast pace almost retro feel.

Graphics:

Avery:

I've been a fan for a while, and have seen your work on Deviant Art.  It doesn't surprise me you'd do some fantastic tiles that look like

they could work for a variety of projects and not just steam punk.  

Candacis:  The feasting tables, behaviors, and various tents all look wonderful.  You really out did yourself.

Caz: Love the trekkies.  Just one of the many things I needed for the new project.

Chaos Avian: Really love the Bush Mite.  People rarely get creative with plat life other than man eating plants.

JustinZalett: It looks like you are getting more experience with making icons. 

Kj3400:  They very thing all play testers clamor to see.  Indicators are under appreciated.

Leilaheliday:  I like the nonstandard window indicators.

Liberty: The Dying Forest and Autumn tiles have a much better desaturated and sepia feel that is easier on the eyes.

Matombo: I would use a black tile with a faded wall, or add some black to the trap doors to show depth.

Masteb:  Yikes, this is a lot.  The Battlers, the Alien Robot, and behaviors with action tiles.  Plenty of good stuff.

PandaMaru: Also a large haul here.  The Dryad, Eyes, and Door action tiles, along with the autumn tiles.  The piles of leaves are a welcome addition.

the scary trees are a nice touch.

Thalzon:  The mushrooms are very imaginative, and varied.  They are perfect.  Love the glowy eyed ones.

Tuxedo Leila, Dalph, Candacis and 5 others like this.
  13. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Graphics:

Avery:          

Nice like always the tiles you made are awesome but I am curious of the use of certain tile did you made some non-auto-tile wall or they are autotil just they don't have tops? ....the texture of the metal is awesome but it seem like to be some blood instead to be corrosion...this is made like that ? 

Caz:             

the character and the tile are awesome but did you not find this is a little monotone in the color? + what you use for the corner  in A5 I had some dificulty to what they was the use of it. but it nice you made some cool template for Ds style :D

Justin Zalett:  

they are awesome but did you not find them a little repetive? 

kj3400:

KENNY! they are awesome for use in a futuristic game but saddly I don't see the point of use this in medieval game because...this will be not weird to see that in a medieval game ?

leilaheliday: 

they are simple a little flashy but this is your style leila : D!  sadly I don't see wich kind of game I can use this kind of flashy graphics ;_;

Liberty:

Nice Edit this make really the Halloween theme! but did you not think the water should be a little more darker..for make more bloody?

Matombo:         

hum this look like a normal door just modify for work like a trap door but this seem awesome : 3

Matthew Ashworth: 

they have just to much stuff I can't judge like that >>'....

this is just awesome and hyper custom I love the robot you made..and More the save point I just can't say anything bad on this ._.

Palladinthug 

I love these Police man! 

I love the fact you made a sun beam sadly I don't really understand how to make it..maybe a demo should help a lot to? 

PandaMaru:      

These tiles are awesome! 

I just wounder some of them will fit with the rtp tiles ?

Thalzon: 

I love your battler but they not fit with the style I love most of time (hyper manga style ) : ( 

I don't have anythings negative to say to these battler when I think...

Music:

Darren Curtis:   

wow you are back! 

the song are awesome 

- drifting space was awesome sound like a Title screen sound! but not enough Sci-Fi  at my taste  but don't worry the sound is awesome! :)

-  Exoctic Plains was a cool theme this sound like a Shop theme when I think maybe for make a more exotic effect your should add some  Ambient sound?

JohnnyR:     

your sound is awesome! and the SE to but a little repetive to certain moment for the ME...is the same ME but with some variation? 

Scythuz: 

they are awesome and loud! I love when you decide to work electronic song

but sadly I don't know how to use them a lot of them make me think about some Title screen...I wounder what their are they real use?

For conclude :

I am a little sad of the lack of music for this restaff I hope for the next restaff it will have more song!

EDIT : forgot to add chaos avian!

Chaos Avian:

what devilish look D: ...they will be so much good for some good horror rpg ! 

the color is cool and balanced..I have nothing bad to say on these battler ._.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
  14. PandaMaru

PandaMaru little red panda Restaff

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yes, they all match with the rtp. A lot of edits are in it, too.

nio kasgami likes this.
  15. nio kasgami

First Language:
    French
    yeah what I relieve this help a lot for rtp mapping now : D!

16. captainproton

captainproton Dangerously Nifty Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Omigosh!  I cannot WAIT to try these out!

17. Matombo

Matombo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    i never said it's more ^^

nio kasgami likes this.
  18. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have a question about what everyone thinks of animated battlers? Is that something that people are interested in? Because I was thinking of making more of those on RTP monsters in future ReStaff releases, with a hope to eventually do all RTP monsters (or almost all) as well as all the ones I edited from RTP (in previous ReStaffs) so to have a large enemy variety. Yay or nay?

19. nio kasgami

First Language:
    French
    this is a good idea sadly i don't test it because they are time consumming to adjust in tankentai D: 

20. Candacis

Candacis Pixel Pusher Restaff

First Language:
    German
    I think, I now tried out everything in the pack, so here is a bit of feedback:

Avery, you have to make more VX/Ace tiles, I love your stuff :) I especially like the metal panel and the green wallpaper. It's a shame that I don't use XP. So, please, make an vx/ace variant ;)
    Caz, I haven't used DS yet, but your tiles make me want to map with DS and I think that is a good thing. Only problem would be that I don't know exactly how every one of your tiles fit together. But the map in the video helps with that.
    ChaosAvian, very cute battlers, I especially love the Skurrel. I want a sprite for that :D It's so cute and scary at the same time
    Zalett, I like the swords, nice work, but I think, the pistol would work better without the green blobs around it.

KJ, perfect simple arrows for a sci-fi setting, work very nicely, now how about some whimsical arrows for a fantasy setting? :)

Leilah, I just love the sunny skin! Nice details with the smileys in the arrow buttons. Really, people, zoom in on those skins, the arrow buttons on all 3 skins are great.

Liberty, the color of the gras and especially the ice water is great. I think, the blood water is a bit too washed out, but I will definitely use the ice water, awsome.

Matombo, the trapdoor is a great idea. Simple edit, but sometimes all you need is a good idea :) I hope, we will see more edits from you.

Matseb, the animated reaper and skeleton are amazing, I just love that reaper with his swirling scythe :D I don't know if the robot would fit well with rtp, the arms are a bit smudgy. Love the sci-fi lights.

Palladinthug, More DS resources, now I'm really tempted to make something with DS tiles/sprites. I especially like the police sprites. And thanks for including that move route helper. And I tried the lighthouse lights and I think, those would also be perfect for searching lights or street lanterns.

PandaMaru, I think, I already told you how much I love the corn and the sunflowers. I have to make an autumn map now :)

Thalzon, I love mushrooms! (wait, that sounded weird..) Anyway, I think, you get better with every battler. The mushroom with the violet hat is my favorite, so cute and funny! I need a sprite for that.

DesperateMeasurez, I like both your tracks. I think, Exotic Plains a little bit more, because it sounds like a great pieceful forest track, too.

JohnnyR, Soundeffects, yeah, please do more of those! Can't have enough soundeffects ;) Ensemble of Souls sounds to me like a nice opening track in a pieceful village and Memories of a Better Time sounds very serene and calm, only those hard piano sounds at the end take me a bit out of it.

Scythuz, great sci-fi tracks, although I'm not that much of a sci-fi fan. Not surprising then that my favorite track was Withering Leaves :) It would go so well with an autumn forest.

One last feedback to the video: Thank you for doing the maps and piecing everything together to present it  :)   I only think, the quality of the video itself was a bit low, so the maps were very small.

edit: animated battlers for monsters AND actors alike would be amazing, matseb!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014