Manofdusk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
 Is there a way to create shops and perhaps crafting stations that give you a buff (rather than an item) when purchased or created?

or perhaps items that are used immediately upon being obtained? Basically, I want players to eat cooked meals as soon as they're cooked (because, really.... who carries an entire turkey dinner into a forest to fight monsters?).

the food gives long term buffs, restores stamina, and other things and I'm trying to enforce a survival theme. There are trail rations that can be carried but most foods cannot. I'd also like to enforce the whole "can't take it with you" theme of food by having most of them spoil after a day in your backpack.

BoredSoul

Probably Drunk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can add a state to the item.

And the can't take it with you theme,I don't know cus I don't use MV.

And the cooked one...you can use an item,where on interaction,it can cook a meal and give the cooked version when it is done.It is a little more than that,but I can't explain it all without MV itself.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the restaurant and a just cooked meal you could do something like:

Have the player at a table or counter or something. When the food is ready, an event with the food graphic appears. When the player clicks on the food event, it can ask something along the lines of "Do you want to eat this?" with choices of yes and no. If yes, the player receives the benefit. If no, it just sits there. Then perhaps in the event that exits the player from the restaurant, it can trigger a switch to make that food event disappear or reset or whatever. That way, when the player returns, the food is gone. Or maybe have it so that it "disappears" after so much time, as in spoiling or being cleaned up or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
About the buff, maybe isntead of an actual buff you could make it a state?

Manofdusk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
 Well, I meant state instead of buff.

Also, I wanted them to be able to craft some food themselves (or go to a restaurant)

the closest thing I can think of is a parallel common event that checks to see if the finished items are in the players' inventory then runs some kind of event.

.....but, right now I'm having some strange problems with this particular program so I'll get back to this when I can figure out what's up with it.

EDIT: fixed it. Steam update caused a a problem with a file.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Going to start a new project today. OMG, it will be on RPGMaker MV. :D
Paid material WIP~
EysZO9cVEAEWy9W

This is Alchemy pack.
I decided to add more witch elements.

Now we have wooden props, candles, pots, and potion bottles.
We also want to add herbs, kettles, fireplaces, etc.
First posts! Maybe I can use this update?
Using MV here: can i move blocks around in the event page and i'm just too stupid to do it or does it only look like you should be able to do it and i would always need to cut and paste?
Aba, aba chgb rtb fhz.
Ubp rfg hahz qr snohyvf srpv, cbfg bzarf.
Rtb vhfghf ibyb hg ivtvyb ubp hahz rk yhqb.
Qbarp fvathyvf yhqvb yhqvhf cbgrfg, aba zntvf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TolomeoSolano