Restrict all player movement - preferrably with a switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenith

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
Just what the topic title says - I'd very much like a snippet to make the player unable to move when a certain switch is turned to ON.

Thank you very much in advance! :)

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So... Like a paralysis condition that effects character movement instead of battles? ?_?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would be nice to know why you need such a thing - for cutscenes, that is automatic by using an autorun to control the cutscene. As long as an autorun is active on a map, all player input is blocked.

However, while it would be theoretically possible to create an empty autorun conditioned to a switch, that might risk lag if that autorun isn't controlling everything...

Ravenith

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
Due to a clash between two scripts, the player can move during certain Show Choices events. In theory this shouldn't happen. Given the fact one of the scripts involved is Omegazions's infamous battle system, I'd wager a snippet would be an easier way to do the job than an actual fix.

The aforementioned "Show Choices" is already on an autorun, by the way, and the player can still move. :/

EDIT: I found a workaround, by using a second autorun looping a "wait" command. Go figure. Thank you very much for your help and sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I suggest to not use one of those scripts if you're going to have to work around the issues that are caused by it.

Regardless, closing this.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The new intro Logo for my videos.
The workweek is now over. Now I can work on my GamZzzzzZzzzzZzzzZzzZz....
Just watched Onward with the family. One of the best movies I've ever seen. <3
2 hours & 20 minutes remaining. :D
...trying to hurry finish up all commissions before I never put the controller down again ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebitewarrior