Quintus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using the VE ATB and I'm trying to create a spell stealing effect. My idea for how it would work is that you would use it on an enemy to cancel their cast, then call a common event to get the id of the skill they were casting, and give the player a state based on it's ID. This state would give the user the skill the target was casting, and the skill would remove the state when used, so you can only use it once unless you steal it again. Is there a way I could get the ID of the skill being cast to do this?

Quintus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also if there's another way to achieve the same effect that would work to, I don't necessarily need to do it this way.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check out the Kadokawa plugins in your DLC folder, LastUsedItem may do what you want. Otherwise, yes, Victor's plugin is probably tracking it somehow.

Quintus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check out the Kadokawa plugins in your DLC folder, LastUsedItem may do what you want. Otherwise, yes, Victor's plugin is probably tracking it somehow.
Thanks, that seems to be a step in the right direction at least. I had an issue where it would think my last used skill was the player's spell stealing skill, so I tried a workaround where I would give the enemy a skill that called a common event to save the ID in another variable and then use the Force Action event command to make the actual attack happen, but this skipped the casting time and made it come out instantly so I'll have to play around with it some more to figure something out.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I kinda came back and learned how to mod other RPG Maker games so... Hello everyone!
Captura-de-pantalla-475.png
Version 1.0.1 done! Now finally free time... oh
Capture.PNG
I'm Really proud of how my game over screen looks!
UldJFr1.png
I felt inspired by a piece of art I saw. So I made this.

Wanderer Doge.png

Thought i'd be cool to have like a company introduction. Check it out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luxheo