Retro Sci-Fi requests: Rocketships and monsters

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by EvanWaters, Feb 25, 2019.

1. EvanWaters

EvanWaters Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Resource Type: Sprites, Battlers

For: RPGMaker MV

Art Style: Art Deco, influenced by the old Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers serials, old Amazing Stories covers, etc.

Description: There are two things I need. One are various rocketships/airships.

Another would be monster sprites. I plan to have monsters visible on the map so the player can choose to fight them or not (I never liked the random-encounter-out-of-nowhere effect), and so they'd need to have sprites. Humanoid monsters I can at least mostly work this out via the Character Generator, so I'm mostly interested in what people have vis-a-vis dragons, dinosaurs, giant beasts, etc. This is a game very much in the Flash Gordon mold so it's blending sci-fi and fantasy elements. I'm kind of interested in what people may already have that's like that, that they don't mind other people using. (For some reason the DLC is all battlers, very few sprites.)

2. Sevarihk

Sevarihk Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    What exactly do you mean with the style description? Do you want the sprites to have flashy colours, minimal shading and a dark lineout so it looks like out of an oldschool comic? Do you already have some sprites in the style you are looking for that an artist could use as reference?

3. EvanWaters

EvanWaters Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, I should have attached some samples. Mostly looking at the general shape and texture (I can always dither with the colors in GIMP.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]