Revenant Gods - Ragnarok Chronicle - #Statement about Revenant God's music and its "composer"

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by luzi, Aug 21, 2015.

1. luzi

luzi Freelance Artist Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Hello, sorry for long absence of update. I was in need of medical treatment and recovery since the end of last year.
    It took me some time to recover physically and mentally before I was able to get back on the project.

There are several updates such as game's promotional poster picture, footage of the first 5 minutes gameplay. As for graphics,
    many are still placeholder such as sprite and character sets for slashing and running with weapons.

I'll try to keep you up-to-date with more details and demo version is soon as possible.

[​IMG]

2. beenbaba

beenbaba Slowly getting there Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Looking great as always :D

luzi likes this.
  3. Chaos17

Chaos17 Dreamer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Finaly an update (´ ▽`).。o♡

I already told you : I like everything about your game.

luzi likes this.
  4. andai

andai Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This looks really good and promising! The graphics are amazing!

luzi likes this.
  5. zakattack1989

zakattack1989 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Wow! You made this in XP? Taking that engine to the limits! From what I've seen of your game, visually it's stunning, the maps look great, most of the character art looks great(although rain's bust graphic looks a bit plain in comparison to Ashe's) Are the graphics all custom? If so, you went IN! The battle system looks quite fun too and I'm usually harsh on side view battle systems. This project looks like it has massive quality and I can't wait for the release of a demo of some kind.

luzi likes this.
  6. luzi

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    @zakattack1989

Yes, this is project made with RPG Maker XP. As for bust shot, only Ashe's is done. I will draw other characters when the demo is almost done so that the art style wouldn't look too different that it need to be redrawn.  Most of the graphics used are custom-made, especially GUI and sprites. Map tileset however, are mostly edit of existing RTP and free resources.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Minor update on the consulate building!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2016
    flirion, felsenstern, BCj and 2 others like this.
  7. zakattack1989

zakattack1989 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    @luzi It's clear that you enjoy making RPG's or have a mad talent for it at least. I forgot to mention before I really like the world map. I believe I've followed this project, so I will be keeping both eyes open for updates!

luzi likes this.
  8. luzi

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    [​IMG]

This is a major story update on a demo that I'm intended for this year's release along with details on revealed and unrevealed systems.

Scenario : Reckoning

Weep, as the bell of Ragnarok rings.
    War rages on across the world.
    Wings and fangs of the beasts penetrate the sky
    Wrought upon the awakening of the foolish king.

Rain woke up inside the ruin of what used to be the consulate building after a massive earthquake struck. He then realized that he's trapped

in a three-way-firefight between Jotunaar Imperium, Ragnaheimr Dominion and the Kingdom of Asgardia. Rain and his friend Ashe must make

their way out of the collapsing building and join up with others outside, only to witness the arrival of the great ice wyrm Nidhoggr.

Ragnaheimr's deep dark secret is about to unveil...heralding the bell of Ragnarok, the end of time.

[​IMG]

Game System

[​IMG]

[SIZE=large]Dual Language[/SIZE]
    The game will be available in two languages which are Thai and English. (For Thai, the name of commands and items will remain in English.)

[SIZE=large]Battle System "H-ACBS"[/SIZE]

Hyper Active Command Battle System Refine or H-ACBS for short is the game's battle system where player will control 3 party members.

Orders can be issued at any time as long as there is sufficient amount of AP.

[​IMG]

[SIZE=large]Aeon Artes[/SIZE]
    Strategic spending of AP for a specific command is necessary to ensure rapid flow of battle and accumulation of Aeon power.

Upon filling at least one Aeon gauge, you can order the character to use much more powerful skill. You can collect Aeon power up to 3 gauges.

[​IMG]

[SIZE=large]Chain Hit Bonus[/SIZE]

RG emphasizes on continuous flow of attack and combos. By chaining together attacks before time runs out, hits will accumulate and every 6 hits

will grant the party 1.5 bonus attack power for the next attack. Bonus however will vanish should the time expire, party got hit or interrupted.

[SIZE=large]Artes Mastery[/SIZE]

Artes Mastery aimed to mitigate moves redundancy. In RG, characters have about 5-6 moves per characters which are 3 regular moves and 3 advanced moves.

Repeatedly using a particular move will make  it more powerful up to 3 levels, resulting in higher attack power, more hits or other additional effects.

[​IMG]

[SIZE=large]Analyze Enemy & Enemies Log[/SIZE]

You can check for enemy's status and weakness through this Analyze Menu or using an item called [​IMG]Mimir Vision on a particular enemy.

[​IMG]

[SIZE=large]Assist Support[/SIZE]

4th member of the in combat is the special one. This particular member is a support crew that will help with Assist Attack or be your emergency assistant

while the main party recovers from disastrous damage. Full Assist gauge will also allow this member to help the party with 3 main preselected abilities.
    Avenger - Grant Brave to the entire party, allowing them to get more AP per round and grant 1 Aeon Gauge
    Healer - Recover HP, remove debuffs and prevent debuffs for the party.
    Enchanter - Enhance certain stats for the party

[​IMG]

(Cut In Picture in Screenshot still Placeholder version.)

[SIZE=large]Assist Revive[/SIZE]

Should the entire party suffer K.O, the main party will swap with the Assist member, who will be able to buy your main party some time until they recover.

Failing to hold out will result in Game Over while successfully fending off until Revival gauge fills will allow the main party to make a comeback at 20% HP.

Use this to turn the tide of battle in your favor!

[​IMG]

[SIZE=large]Rune & Perks[/SIZE]

By leveling up in RG, not only a character is granted additional stats, they will also be granted an RP point to upgrade a particular stat and receive perks

that will allow them to use certain healing or buffing skills. Some perks will also enhance skills such as increasing the number of turns that a buff will last.

RP points can be refunded at any time so you can experiment and see what works out for you.

[​IMG]

[SIZE=large]Forge (Upgrade and Enchant Weapon)[/SIZE]

Weapons in RG cannot be bought or replaced. Weapon progression is made through upgrade and increment of rune slots. Upgrades can grant

different benefits such as increased number of hits and HP draining. Some runes can be bought in shops while more powerful and rarer ones

can be found in certain quests.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2016
    BCj, ashikai, flirion and 4 others like this.
  9. beenbaba

First Language:
    English
    Looks better everytime I see it :D

Do you have an estimated completion date for the game yet? Or are you just seeing how things go with development?

luzi likes this.
  10. luzi

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    @beenbaba

There was an estimated release date but many setbacks resulted in a lot of uncertainty. I intended though to have a demo version of Prologue

released this mid-year and demo of Arc 1 at the end of the year (if possible). The game is divided into 3 Arcs, I'll try to finish the first as soon as possible.

11. beenbaba

First Language:
    English
    @luzi

Sometimes set backs just can't be helped unfortunately, real life has a way of doing that XD. Okay cool, look forward to a demo version of some kind later this year then :D

luzi likes this.
  12. Authumbla

Authumbla Listen To My Soundcloud Fam? Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Everything about this looks incredible and I'm extremely excited to get a chance to play it. I do have a couple minor criticisms, though:

It looks like Ashe is drawn in a slightly different style than the rest of the group in that her shading is different - were her portraits drawn by someone else? Both styles look great, so it's a minor quibble, but it seems like it wasn't deliberate.

I like the music a lot, and this might be my poor-quality laptop speakers, but everything seems to be mixed oddly so that, for a lack of a better term, everything sounds louder than each other - has anyone else mentioned this?

With that being said, I love how fast-paced the battle system is. It looks like you put a ton of thought into how every part of it works!

luzi likes this.
  13. luzi

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    @Authumbla

Almost every Bustshot is still placeholder. I will coloring other characters when the demo is almost done so that the art style wouldn't look too

different that it need to be redrawn. (I Usually have problem about change Artwork almost every1-2 year, my art style change alot because doing work.)

[​IMG]

About Ashe Portrait look different from other. is because I draw her finish in 2013 before other character 1 year.

(Have 2007 and 2008 version too.but look very bad because I just start to drawing around 2007 so i decied to not show it.)

About Sound Problem ,I'm not sure is because Encode I use when recording video. I will try to fix about this. Thank you for Suggesting! :D  

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2016
    RocketKnight and Chaos17 like this.
  14. AwakenedKarbon

AwakenedKarbon An arcane isotope of carbon. Member

First Language:
    English
    I can say nothing less than I have been blown away by this. This is amazing. Considering this, it may as well be the best rpg maker game I've seen so far. And... I'm hyped. Making this one of the games I'm waiting for. I'll be waiting for a demo. Or anything like that. 

-Karbon, your everyday isotope of carbon, with a dash of arcane. Yes. I love RPGs. Why else would I be here? 

luzi likes this.
  15. m4uesviecr

m4uesviecr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Chiming with everyone else! Making a game is very hard (especially one of your scope), and I hope you push through all the mental/physical hurdles to make this game a reality! Definitely looking forward to playing this!

luzi likes this.
  16. felsenstern

felsenstern Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    When I've started to work with RPG-Maker I wanted to create one of the best looking RPG-Maker Games by copying the coolest looking games I find and Revenant Gods was one of them. Meanwhile I don't need to bluntly copy from other games anymore, but the affection for my old favorites stayed. It's always great news when I hear from Revenant Gods (a bit like hearing from an old friend), therefor good luck, patience and inspiration to finish the game soon!

Cheers!

luzi likes this.
  17. luzi

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Minor Update! New Screenshot
    Last screenshot update for short Prologue demo in progress. If nothing seriously go wrong (like having to be hospitallized again),
    it should be ready around June. Have your cutscene!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Chaos17

Chaos17 Dreamer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    The dragon looks so cool :D

kranasAngel and luzi like this.
  19. Erojiji

Erojiji none Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    I have been waiting for this game since METEOR CRISIS .

Reese, kranasAngel and luzi like this.
  20. luistop12

luistop12 Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    OMG sooo beaty and now rain is full color ¡YAY!

kranasAngel and luzi like this.