Revenant Gods - Ragnarok Chronicle - #Statement about Revenant God's music and its "composer"

lolshtar

Master of Magic thatknow nospell
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Original Soundtrack.

I hear MuryokuP at 14:17

Are you really lying in credits or i'm missing something? 

87c1475e4e.png

Last edited by a moderator:

luzi

Freelance Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@lolshtar

Can I have the name and details of this music track by MuryokuP? I'll try to contact the composer about it. If it's plagiarism, I promise I'll take action about it.

lolshtar

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV

luzi

Freelance Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@lolshtar
Thank you very much for the report. I'll get to the bottom of this as soon as possible. I apologize for not noticing earlier. If needed, I might have to take action with our composer.

lolshtar

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, MuryokuP is one of my favorite artists when it comes to music so l got angry when l saw original soundtrack.

Since it's not your fault, l apologize for my rude behavior.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh wow, it's a 1:1 copy. And to think that I really thought the battle theme stood out from the rest of the ost.. and it's not even the composer's, yikes.

Neoz Kaho

Crazy Historian
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
In regards to the music issue.

Thank you for the report. I'm one of Luzi's team (the translator) and I've investigated the issue and listened to what our composer has to say. From what I've listened so far, he worked with several group of musicians before (including MuryokuP).

For this particular track in question, he worked as the composer to this track and MuryokuP is one of the music performers (instrumentalist, not composer). Also, he pointed out that in the video in the description section, there is the following sentence “[SIZE=10pt]All Tracks Mastered by Seki at "Chaoscillation Studio"[/SIZE]”, Seki in this case is our composer in question. He worked under different names before for privacy matter. So in short, this music track is not just a work of one person but a collaboration between several artists who worked on it (which our composer is part of).

We take the matter very seriously and I’ve did what I can to listened to both sides. However, if you still have doubts, I will pass you the Skype address to contact him in private.  I don’t think my words or Luzi’s alone might convince you guys so if you still need some confirmation to clear your doubts, feel free to contact me or Luzi for the composer’s Skype address.  Thank you very much for reading!

We've investigated the issue and turns out the composer was untrustworthy. Read the statement here.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm actually surprised by this since i'm not into how commercial music can be born via collabs.

Someone please make a reference about this in the game :=;

IT'S A DAMN EASTER EGG

Neoz Kaho

Crazy Historian
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
@kovak

To be honest, I'm surprised myself too how it's possible but our composer also provide this website. https://www.ohmstudio.com/ I just knew today too that there's a site where music artists can collaborate and make music together. I guess we learn something new everyday.

We've investigated the issue and turns out the composer was untrustworthy. Read the statement here.

Can't believed I bought his lie.

lolshtar

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mastering is the term most commonly used to refer to the process of taking an audio mix and preparing it for distribution. There are several considerations in this process: unifying the sound of a record, maintaining consistency across an album, and preparing for distribution.

All Tracks Mastered by Seki at "Chaoscillation Studio"

By all tracks, it must mean the whole barrage album so does it give the game the right to take any song in the album without crediting the original performer just because they've been masterized by this composer?

The description doesn't say who composed the song, though if all he did is master the song, l think MuryokuP/Powerless Sounds should have the credit as well.

Neoz Kaho

Crazy Historian
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
@lolshtar

You did make a fair point though. I forwarded your message to the team and waiting for answer. Personally, I wouldn't mind to add credit for MuryokuP/Powerless Sounds. I'll discuss this with relevant persons and see if we can adjust the credit accordingly.

Neoz Kaho

Crazy Historian
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
@lolshtar

I discussed with the team and it seems that in this case (for RG), credit only applies to composer and not other support members. If there's a need for full list of every artists involved, it would have to be full soundtrack release. His music team however, has agreed to this type of license. Anyway, if you still have any questions or if you're still doubting about the issue, you can contact the composer with the Skype address I gave you in PM. He said that he can his music team members can explain more about this.

Sorry if I'm not very helpful here but I'll try my best to be a mediator for this issue. I also thank you for being civil about this discussion. 

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unless your composer is this person XiexieP (https://twitter.com/xiexieP/), you might need to have another talk with him/her.

"Revenant Gods - War Zone 1" and "Revenant Gods - When Shattered Becomes One..." are the same pieces as "The Guardian" and "Neo Atlantis" found here in Makai Symphony. (https://soundcloud.com/makai-symphony)

The pieces are under Free DL & Creative License, and the composer states on his website that he doesn't require crediting, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't warrant someone else claiming his music as their own.

luzi

Freelance Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello all,
After careful consideration, I decided to pull the game temporarily until we can resolve the credit issues. I take this matter very seriously and
I will give everyone's credit where it's due. Sorry for inconvenience, but this is necessary as we considered this a responsbility that we must take.

Neoz Kaho

Crazy Historian
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
What Luzi said. We'll investigate until we reach a conclusion then we'll release the game again. Until then, we'll do our best to give the credits where they're due and correct our mistakes.

luzi

Freelance Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We've investigated the issue and turns out the composer was untrustworthy. Read the statement here.

Hello all,
My team has got in touch with Squall (composer) and MuryokuP and we had a talk for a while. After some discussion, we finally came to a mutual understanding
that music track has somewhat complicated licenses and copyright involved. The copyright however lies with Squall who's the music composer while others such
as MuryokuP is the performer as stated by MuryokuP below:

yCbLyM9.jpg

YOjaLce.jpg

Cnv6Wpv.jpg

However, to ensure fairness for all party involved, we will change the position of Squall to Lead Composer so as to not claim that he's the

only sole person responsiblefor all musics used in the game. Also, we'll make a change to the full credit list in Staff & Credit.txt by including MuryokuP and other relevant performers to ensure
that everyone's attributed to fairly.

As for the case of 2 tracks by Makai Symphony. Makai Symphony is responsible for music's register but they're not the only sole person/group
who create music.Our lead composer Squall is also has part in the works too. However, to ensure fairness, we will also attribute credit to them
as well.

Again, I'm sorry for issues not being clear in the first place so right now I'll try to make it right by using the right word and attributing credits to
all relevant persons.RG will be back online soon when we've finished making the changes. Thank you very much for your understanding.

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Based on the screenshot of the Skype chat you showed, it seems that "無力P ミュージシャン" is insistent on making sure that only Squall's name appear in the majority of the credits, since he only "made a basic participation how do performance of an instrument". Yet, on MuryokuP's twitter, niconico channel, and website, he/she has no qualms with stating straight out that he/she is the composer. There's also no mention of any collaborations or group affiliations anywhere.

Likewise, with Makai-Symphony, he's got a website, a blog, twitter, soundcloud that all lists him as the sole composer of the music in question. Again, there are no mentions of any collaborations. Furthermore, he is distributing the musical pieces under the creative license that allows free use for everyone. If your composer is the person who wrote these pieces, then wouldn't there also be a problem to the claim that the game is using a customized and original soundtrack when a number of its pieces are distributed under creative licensing?

Since I am planning on using Makai-Symphony's pieces for my project, I would love to get to the bottom of this and learn who to credit.

luzi

Freelance Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We'll try to investigate more before we bring RG back online though. I agree that we need to get to the bottom of this to ensure that this case wouldn't go wrong.

lolshtar

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Both MuryokuP and Makai are not replying on twitter even though they're active but I'm sure it's because of my 2 followers account made today while not speaking in their native language.

ElementalLight

Resident Anime Junkie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Both MuryokuP and Makai are not replying on twitter even though they're active but I'm sure it's because of my 2 followers account made today while not speaking in their native language.

I have already spoken with Makai and sent his response to Kaho. i'm trying to get my friend who knows Japanese to translate over something i can send to MuryokuP

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

When you don't find any time to work... :kaocry:
First Ten Minutes of my Caretaker inspired game

Finally, I got a good Gmail message [from smg5urded]
"This game does look a bit plain, but, I'm sure this does not destroy the experience as a whole. Monsters fit your style of game-play, mapping looks crude but I'm sure you can make it better if you do a remake of Forgotten Eclipse"
Going to start a new project today. OMG, it will be on RPGMaker MV. :D
Paid material WIP~
EysZO9cVEAEWy9W

This is Alchemy pack.
I decided to add more witch elements.

Now we have wooden props, candles, pots, and potion bottles.
We also want to add herbs, kettles, fireplaces, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlboss159