Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello everybody, I have a doubt might someone can solve

I want to make an ability like Topsy-turvy in Pokemon, if you don't know what is I'll explain it: it'll totally reverse the buff and debuff the target has (if it has 2 buff in attack, it'll change them into 2 debuff) well, I asked that in another forum and someone (TheoAllen) gave me this idea

class Game_Battler
  def reverse_buffs
    8.times do |param_id|
      @buffs[param_id] *= -1
    end
  end
end

And then put in the damage formula box from this attack

b.reverse_buff

Well, the problem is I tried this and it didn't work, does anyone know what is wrong with this formula? or does anyone has another way to make this ability?

Thanks a lot who anyone can help me with that

S.Court

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

dinhbat3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
according to the snippet you named it: reverse_buffs

so it needs the s at the end. it should be this: b.reverse_buffs

S.Court

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I feel stupid now lol, but well, I'm new in this and all those things are part of the learning process, it DID work, thanks by the help :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
A caveman pokes his head in...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TAVRAX