Not open for further replies.

Parlu10

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone, I'm stuck with a boss battle, and I need help.
I have this boss that's divided in three body parts, and you must destroy first legs and arms, then you can hit the head.
However, after some turns the head will "revive" arms and legs.
In conclusion, this is my question:
How can I set as conditions to have the two enemies knocked and wait a few turns before casting the skill?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Have a battle event flip a switch per part. When they are both on do a check to see if the head is still alive, if it is then flip a third switch to activate a higher priority action on the head enemy. This action is a skill that calls a common event that force actions the revive skill.

Parlu10

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have a battle event flip a switch per part. When they are both on do a check to see if the head is still alive, if it is then flip a third switch to activate a higher priority action on the head enemy. This action is a skill that calls a common event that force actions the revive skill.
Thanks for the answer, but it doesn't work: When Arms and Legs are killed, the head recovers them without waiting.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What you could always do is, when both parts are dead, apply a hidden state to the head that lasts for X turns, with X being the number of turns before the other parts are revived. When the state expires, revive the parts.

Parlu10

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What you could always do is, when both parts are dead, apply a hidden state to the head that lasts for X turns, with X being the number of turns before the other parts are revived. When the state expires, revive the parts.
And what's the code to do that? I know I could use a Custom Remove Effect from Yanfly's Buff and States Core, but I don't have any experience with scripts and things like that

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This sounds like an enemy I did. Got it to work but found out it caused him not to cast other skills.
Now that I think more on it. I think having an if statement may work out best.
Maybe have the parts set in a variable which will hold their hp count.
Then in the if statement under the variables have the part that's dead.
Example
If arm hp <= 0
If leg go <= 0
If head hp >= 1

Then have the head use a force skills to revive

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Set aside a variable (any variable) and call it "Turns Until Revive". Have a Troop Event that runs every Turn (Condition: End of Turn, Turn 0 + 1X). In that Troop Event, check whether the Head has "Reviving Other Parts" state using a Conditional Branch. If it does, subtract 1 from the "Turns Until Revive" variable. If that variable is now equal to 0, Revive the Arms and Legs and set the Variable back to 3, then remove the State from the Head. Else (if the Head does NOT have the Reviving Other Parts state), use Conditional Branches to check to see whether the Arms are dead (they have the Death/KO state on them, usually State #1 in your database), and if so, check whether the Legs are dead. If they are all dead, then apply the "Reviving Other Parts" state to the Head, and set the "Turns Until Revive" variable to 3.

Parlu10

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Set aside a variable (any variable) and call it "Turns Until Revive". Have a Troop Event that runs every Turn (Condition: End of Turn, Turn 0 + 1X). In that Troop Event, check whether the Head has "Reviving Other Parts" state using a Conditional Branch. If it does, subtract 1 from the "Turns Until Revive" variable. If that variable is now equal to 0, Revive the Arms and Legs and set the Variable back to 3, then remove the State from the Head. Else (if the Head does NOT have the Reviving Other Parts state), use Conditional Branches to check to see whether the Arms are dead (they have the Death/KO state on them, usually State #1 in your database), and if so, check whether the Legs are dead. If they are all dead, then apply the "Reviving Other Parts" state to the Head, and set the "Turns Until Revive" variable to 3.
It just doesn't work. During battle the head never revive other parts. I think that conditional branch doesn't work in Troop Events, because every attempt of using that in it seems worthless.
Right now, my only chance is to find out how to make the Aesica hypothesis work.

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've done this before, so either I've explained it incorrectly or you've implemented incorrectly. It's also possible you are handling the Revive incorrectly (I didn't detail what should be done) - an Enemy Recover All on the Hands/Feet is the event command you want to use, and sometimes it helps to Force Action (you can do an action that does nothing but play an animation) on that enemy too in order to make sure there are no visual bugs where the enemy stays invisible after being revived.

(One final option is that one of your plugins is screwing everything up. Unlikely, but if none of our solutions work and you are totally sure you have done everything correctly, then disable all plugins, save, and try again.)

Conditional branches absolutely do work in Troop Events; I have designed and implemented entire battle systems around that. That is not the issue.

What I would recommend is placing a different message at every step of the way, so at the beginning of the event (outside any conditional branches) and inside each level of the conditional branch as well. Based on what messages appear, you will know how your branch is flowing, and whether it is set up the way you want it to be work. If no messages appear at all, it means you have made a mistake in your Event Conditions because the Troop Page isn't working at all.

Parlu10

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay I have done some tests and it still doesn't work.
The messages didn't show up during the test, so I proceeded to disable every plugin. It still didn't worked.
Then I have lowered arms and legs Hp to 1. What I noticed is that the message showed up only if I killed both legs and arms during the first turn.
At this point I think that the Event for some reason only trigger one time for battle, during the first turn.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe you could post a pic of your troop event tab and someone can see if you're making a mistake on your eventing.

Parlu10

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe you could post a pic of your troop event tab and someone can see if you're making a mistake on your eventing.
The problem is that I have Rpg Maker in Italian, and although I could perfectly translate the writings, I would like to avoid it unless it is strictly necessary.
So, let's see if someone can find a solution, otherwise, I'll post the pic.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but I don't have much time and I'd rather not publish the pic if it is not necessary.

Parlu10

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally I figured it out. Actually It was really stupid, I had set "battle" instead of "Turn"...
Well, thanks to everyone for helping me with this problem!

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And yet another reason to always check that you set everything up correctly. I can't tell you how many times I have had to do that myself (in particular with the recent change in my battlefield design to use an implosion pattern upon beating a boss enemy where I accidentally repeated four implosion points and had to remove the previous four frames because of it!)

EDIT: Another thing you can easily forget about is to let the mods know that you're done. I'll file a report for you so they know it's safe to close this, but in the future you should learn do the same for yourself. Also, my input on the subject of boss design isn't meant to hijack your discussion or what you meant to accomplish (as it's simply for comparison purposes) but the idea's the same regardless of what you're talking about.

Last edited:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Usually OP has to be the one to report the thread for closing. There's no response on OP's part, but I will assume this issue has been resolved. Please message me if it's not, OP.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a guest stream! Tonight, a new guest joins~ Feel free to drop by!
Finally told my boss I need a day off. Tomorrow will be my first in 23 days.
Kind of a goofy question but has the pandemic inspired you in any way?
Eric from RTP: is a veteran
Game: Lvl 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dertasa12