bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Its revive PNG. Its attached to the post, but doesn't show in the post. They changed it to the default one in MV (item 4 in a new project).

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could adding and if and else statement to formula prevent this?

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Its revive PNG. Its attached to the post, but doesn't show in the post. They changed it to the default one in MV (item 4 in a new project).
My bad, I think earlier on that unshown picture was of the State rather than the Skill.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It fooled me too honestly. No idea why it did that. Still I never noticed this before as I use Yanfly's Battle Engine so maybe it fixes that?

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It is not, since it doesn't work in projects without any plug-in in it.

I would like to clarify that it works in the menu but not in the battle.

Edit: Can this be intended design so characters can "pre-use" a revive spell or item before a character is dead and revive them on the same turn?
I just did some testing in my own clean project (turned all my plugins OFF) and I noticed very similar behavior, actually. Alive actors can be chosen as the target of a "1 Ally Dead" skill, but the skill will do nothing when it hits them (at least when they're alive). Like you surmise, it might be intended design under the assumption that the target could die before the skill is actually used.

I think Yanfly's Core Engine or Yanfly's Battle Core might stop you from targeting alive actors with dead-ally skills, since when I tried to use that skill on them in my full-plugin test project, it wouldn't allow me to target an alive actor.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which is the default for basically all of this (or at least it should be). I'm also using the Ace defaults (which I automatically ported to MV using the RGSS translator that comes with the latter as I do all my dungeon generator sessions in Ace since the MV version seems rather... lacking, in terms of comparison). Recently when I completely wiped away all my work on the original version of my project and started over from "the dawn of the first day" there was a period of time when I didn't have sounds or state icons set properly, and so I ended up removing them all. Big mistake: I basically had to pay attention to every single line of the battle log (and I'm using the Yanfly core myself) and if a specific case doesn't fit the item (let's say it's for treating a venom wound) the game would buzz my ears until I directed treatment to the correct party member.

Obviously having a venom wound is nowhere near as obvious as a complete knockout when you don't have your state icons set properly, but the circumstance is the same. In short, you want the game to buzz for active party members but not for those who have been knocked out. Or at least that's how it's supposed to work, so that you don't needlessly provide treatment for the wrong condition.

Tamina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That picture was an example given by MysticEnigma, unless there's a bug on my end.
Probably a bug, my 2nd post has 2 attachments.

I think Yanfly's Core Engine or Yanfly's Battle Core might stop you from targeting alive actors with dead-ally skills, since when I tried to use that skill on them in my full-plugin test project, it wouldn't allow me to target an alive actor.
Can confirm that Yanfly's Battle Core solved this issue, thanks!

Edit: Yanfly's selection control plug in also works :)

Last edited:

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Edit: Yanfly's selection control plug in also works :)
No problem, and sorry for getting on your case based off of a mistaken assumption! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just want to say that I hope everyone is having a good day! If not, have a basket of kittens to make your day a little better. :LZSproud:

Made some HIME grids.

Crazy idea: lawnmower/weed whackers as a weapon type.

Specifically the ones that are spinning axes on sticks.
The only part of the advent calendar that is missing is the content for christmas. And I am clueless af xD
Based on music resources around the internet, what is the musical theme or style that's hard to find? Is it sci-fi, slice of life, urban, platformer, or anything else? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
escorralho