Tayruu

・ ゚*。・゚(幸)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I gave this a shot in my project that's using RMXP Ace. A system of using the RGSS3 runtime with RMXP. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. It just spontaneously closes.

Further investigating I found that it only sometimes randomly closes. With some convincing I can get the title screen to load, and even my options screen. Loading to the map though is a bust.

It's not terribly a bother, but the more flexible Input module would've been nice.

KK20

Just some XP Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I gave this a shot in my project that's using RMXP Ace.
Hi, guy who made XPA here. The problem you're encountering is due to the XPA Tilemap and XPA Window DLLs. They do bitmap manipulations. The architecture of Bitmaps is completely different in RGD. The crash is expected and there's no real solution around that. You're better off using a pure-Ruby Tilemap/Windows rewrite instead.

invwindy

Ice Fairy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
RGD is reported malware in some anti-virus libraries in the past few days. I believe this is a false positive report because the version is updated 1 month ago and no malware was found in RGD at that time. I am trying to report this issue to security companies and organizations. But this may take some time. Please help if you know about computer security or have connection with security and anti-virus industry.

KK20

Just some XP Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I actually worked as a QA at Symantec (in a different team now) and I'm familiar with dealing with customer False Positives on a daily basis. I uploaded the file to VirusTotal:

A lot of them are reporting generic detection names, some of which were triggered by machine learning. I know with Symantec that if a few highly trusted vendors report a detection on a file, then a generic detection is generally added.

Your best bet really is to create a false positive report to the various vendors, possibly include multiple versions of the executable so that they can create a general whitelist for future versions. Digitally signing your file will also help.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Mine suddenly reported it as a flag too, but it didn't before and I have been using it without issues so I whitelisted it on my pc at least.

invwindy

Ice Fairy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I actually worked as a QA at Symantec (in a different team now) and I'm familiar with dealing with customer False Positives on a daily basis. I uploaded the file to VirusTotal:

A lot of them are reporting generic detection names, some of which were triggered by machine learning. I know with Symantec that if a few highly trusted vendors report a detection on a file, then a generic detection is generally added.

Your best bet really is to create a false positive report to the various vendors, possibly include multiple versions of the executable so that they can create a general whitelist for future versions. Digitally signing your file will also help.
Thank you for the advice. I have sent a report to Microsoft security center, but I cannot make sure how long it would take, how all the future versions would be verified and whether the virus library is going to be updated. Many platforms report the malware at the same time so I guess a virus library shared by many platforms gives the false positive result.

UncannyBoots

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Any progress on the Live2D implementation? I'm really excited for that!

invwindy

Ice Fairy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
New feature preview: audio effects, including multiple music mixing and switching, 2-channel spatial effects (pan) and IR convolution / frequency filters.

Any progress on the Live2D implementation? I'm really excited for that!
It's finished and will be available in next RGD update.

invwindy

Ice Fairy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Spine support in the coming update.

Ruby:
class Game_Interpreter

def spine_demo
    spine_demo2
  end

def spine_demo1

dir = "D:/Downloads/spin_demo/spineboy/export"
    sp = Spine.new("#{dir}/spineboy.atlas", "#{dir}/spineboy-pro.skel")

sp.y = 50
    sp.zoom_x = 0.25
    sp.zoom_y = 0.25

sp.set_animation(0, "run")
    sp.set_animation(1, "aim")

loop do

px = (Mouse.x - (Graphics.width / 2 + sp.x)) / sp.zoom_x;
      py = -(Mouse.y - (Graphics.height / 2 + sp.y)) / sp.zoom_y;
      sp.set_bone_position("crosshair", px, py)

if sp.get_event_triggered(0, "footstep")
        Sound.play_cursor
      end

sp.update
      Fiber.yield
      Input.update

if Mouse.click?(:L)
        sp.clear_animation(2)
        sp.set_animation(2, "shoot", false);
      end

Mouse.update
    end
  end

def spine_demo2
    skin_lib =
    [
            [
                "skin-base"
            ],
            [
                "accessories/backpack",
                "accessories/bag",
                "accessories/cape-blue",
                "accessories/cape-red",
                "accessories/hat-pointy-blue-yellow",
                "accessories/hat-red-yellow",
                "accessories/scarf",
            ],
            [
                "clothes/dress-blue",
                "clothes/dress-green",
                "clothes/hoodie-blue-and-scarf",
                "clothes/hoodie-orange",
            ],
            [
                "eyelids/girly",
                "eyelids/semiclosed",
            ],
            [
                "eyes/eyes-blue",
                "eyes/green",
                "eyes/violet",
                "eyes/yellow",
            ],
            [
                "hair/blue",
                "hair/brown",
                "hair/pink",
                "hair/long-blue-with-scarf",
                "hair/short-red",
            ],
            [
                "legs/boots-pink",
                "legs/boots-red",
                "legs/pants-green",
                "legs/pants-jeans",
            ],
            [
                "nose/long",
                "nose/short",
            ],
    ]

dir = "D:/Downloads/spin_demo/mix-and-match/export"
    sp = Spine.new("#{dir}/mix-and-match.atlas", "#{dir}/mix-and-match-pro.skel")
    sp.y = 50
    sp.zoom_x = 0.25
    sp.zoom_y = 0.25
    sp.set_animation(0, "walk", true)
    t = 0

loop do
      if t % 60 == 0
        skin_names = []
        skin_lib.each { |s|
          skin_names << s.sample
        }
        sp.set_skin(skin_names)
      end
      t += 1
      sp.update
      Fiber.yield
    end
  end
end

invwindy

Ice Fairy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Updated to 1.6
  • Re-implemented Audio module and added several functions.
  • Cubism Live2D support.
  • Spine support.

This is an unstable update. Please contact me if you find any bug of have difficulty using new features.
example: https://cirno.blog/archives/621

I have updated my new funding page link on RGD main page. Please support me here if you like RGD or you find it helpful to your work.
I'm not sure whether it is allowed on RPGMakerWeb because my link becomes ****** when I tried to post it here.

Last edited:

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
I can't see the imgur images :(

UncannyBoots

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Updated to 1.6
  • Cubism Live2D support.
  • Spine support.

This is an unstable update. Please contact me if you find any bug of have difficulty using new features.
example: https://cirno.blog/archives/621

I have updated my new funding page link on RGD main page. Please support me here if you like RGD or you find it helpful to your work.
I'm not sure whether it is allowed on RPGMakerWeb because my link becomes ****** when I tried to post it here.
You're doing awesome work, thank you!
And this isn't too important but I thought I'd share anyway: the "About RGDirect" dialogue still says that it is version 1.4.1 even though it's 1.6.

Also I have a request, could you release a demo with functioning mouse and controller support? I'm not a programmer so I have no idea how to implement those into my game :rswt

Valentine90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There is an error that does not harm the project, but I am reporting this problem if no one has noticed: If you activate full screen and then change the resolution, the game closes.

UncannyBoots

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There is an error that does not harm the project, but I am reporting this problem if no one has noticed: If you activate full screen and then change the resolution, the game closes.
There's this script from earlier in the thread by @Sixth that fixes this:
Ruby:
class << Graphics

alias fix_fs7761 resize_window
  def resize_window(*args)
    return if self.is_fullscreen?
    fix_fs7761(*args)
  end

end
My only issue with it is that it is still possible to change the resolution while in fullscreen, even though when you're in fullscreen, nothing actually happens when you do change the resolution. Then when you exit fullscreen after changing the resolution, the window size remains unchanged.
Because of this, I'd prefer the option to change resolution to just be greyed out and inaccessible altogether while in fullscreen, but this still works as a temporary solution.

sc19

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Any way of taking a screenshot on fullscreen without triggering this bug?

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Try ALT + printscreen key combo. Worked for me when I tried it, but I see a lot of updates since then, so can't be sure if it still works or not.

sc19

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes, thats true, but the print screen still comes out weird pressing these two keys and i'd be grateful if this could be improved as soon as possible... (maybe in the next RGD version)

EDIT: theres a way to stretch the game in fullscreen mode too?

Last edited:

CraneSoft

Filthy Degenerate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Updated to 1.6
  • Cubism Live2D support.
  • Spine support.
Thanks for all the great work. I'm sorry for requesting this but is there any plans to support DragonBones as well? MV already has a plugin for that so I figure that would be great to have in ACE since it is functionally similar to Spine and is more accessible.

Krelian

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm here to ask if the scripts from RGSS Factory that uses some DLL, that allows things like Mode 7 or zoom in and out, work.
I recall reading about DLLs that manipulate Bitamp won't work but since I'm actually an ignorant, I rather ask. Though most likely they use it right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Its been almost 6 months since i've been here last and 5 years before that. the worst part is losing the game you were working on in a cpu fire.

Well time to go at it again.
my game is coming together im so happy
In this day and age, i might switch back to RMXP. I’ve lost faith in all the new plugins.
Wow it's been forever since I last logged in! I STILL want to make a game... I'll start it one day for sure!! It's a dream of mine.
This days I couldn't do anything... My mind is so confused and I couldn't work at all, I only wanted to play video games with my friends and that made all my projects delay a lot. Someone else feels this kind of thing sometimes? :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Famas