Robert-Character Creator

Waiting for Replies
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, I did read through the compatibility page they have, at least what was in English, anyway. I was worried that was the case...

DerKIAS

Demon Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey there! I'm using RGD in my project and I wonder would it be possible to have an option to choose/switch between RGD fullscreen- and VX Ace default fullscreen mode? And preferably to include this option inside the RGD F1 Config Menu?

orochi2k

The Mad King of Neolithic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
:kaoswt2: Oh, I didn't realize invwindy is already here.

Well, she just got a game designer job after her graduation, recently. Congratulations!
Thus, she is likely very very very very very very....very busy at this moment. I mean...she didn't just disappear or was ignoring you guys. :kaojoy:

And, yes, she already knew many of those issues.
I personally annoyed her with video play problems and bitmap problems a lot. (I'm using super big bitmaps that even beyond DX9/DX11's texture limits. It may happen if you make window content based on the number of items it has when you have a very large number of procedurally generated items... ) :kaoswt2:

About the video playback problem, I did some investigation.
The video must be the same framerate as the game to avoid speed-up problems.
For example, you will need to make sure the WMV is at 60FPS and the game is at 60FPS at the same time. If they are different, the speed of the video will either be too slow or too fast.

The audio and the video are technically played separately. By default, the audio will keep play while graphics will stop when the window lost focus. (Just like RMVA).
A possible fix will be to add some code in RGD's window on-lose-focus call-back function. (or just make graphics keep updating when losing focus)

Personally, I do not play video on "Graphics". I play them in a "sprite".

About release games with RGD on Steam. As long as you do not use Steam's DRM, the exe file will be the same. However, some anti-virus software will still scream "malware" to you. Just throw them a sample file and email them to whitelist the game.
I'm using it right now. So far, no problem yet. (In a closed beta for almost a month by now)
I will start my public beta at the end of March(under the disguise of "demo")
I'm using RGD1.4.1 right now. Mostly because I'm using RMXP's tilemaps no need to upgrade it to 1.5.4 or 1.6(And yes.... 1.6 has some audio bugs...)

Last edited:

UncannyBoots

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
:kaoswt2: Oh, I didn't realize invwindy is already here.

Well, she just got a game designer job after her graduation, recently. Congratulations!
Thus, she is likely very very very very very very....very busy at this moment. I mean...she didn't just disappear or was ignoring you guys. :kaojoy:

And, yes, she already knew many of those issues.
I personally annoyed her with video play problems and bitmap problems a lot. (I'm using super big bitmaps that even beyond DX9/DX11's texture limits. It may happen if you make window content based on the number of items it has when you have a very large number of procedurally generated items... ) :kaoswt2:

About the video playback problem, I did some investigation.
The video must be the same framerate as the game to avoid speed-up problems.
For example, you will need to make sure the WMV is at 60FPS and the game is at 60FPS at the same time. If they are different, the speed of the video will either be too slow or too fast.

The audio and the video are technically played separately. By default, the audio will keep play while graphics will stop when the window lost focus. (Just like RMVA).
A possible fix will be to add some code in RGD's window on-lose-focus call-back function. (or just make graphics keep updating when losing focus)

Personally, I do not play video on "Graphics". I play them in a "sprite".

About release games with RGD on Steam. As long as you do not use Steam's DRM, the exe file will be the same. However, some anti-virus software will still scream "malware" to you. Just throw them a sample file and email them to whitelist the game.
I'm using it right now. So far, no problem yet. (In a closed beta for almost a month by now)
I will start my public beta at the end of March(under the disguise of "demo")
I'm using RGD1.4.1 right now. Mostly because I'm using RMXP's tilemaps no need to upgrade it to 1.5.4 or 1.6(And yes.... 1.6 has some audio bugs...)
Very cool to see someone who knows ivywindy giving an update. Thank you!
I love RGD as it makes VX Ace better in so many ways. I hope that if ivywindy and fux2 ever get burned out that the source code will at least be released to the community, as it would suck for it to be totally abandoned.
Do you know if development is still happening or is planned to continue or is it stalled indefinitely?

orochi2k

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Very cool to see someone who knows ivywindy giving an update. Thank you!
I love RGD as it makes VX Ace better in so many ways. I hope that if ivywindy and fux2 ever get burned out that the source code will at least be released to the community, as it would suck for it to be totally abandoned.
Do you know if development is still happening or is planned to continue or is it stalled indefinitely?
:kaoswt2:Unfortunately, I have no information about their schedule. And there seems no plan to open source RGD right now. Maybe we will know when invwindy settles down.

orochi2k

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
What does this mean?
There are 2 ways to play video in RGD
One is a sprite function "start_video(path)"
Another is "Graphics.play_movie"
I use the start_video on a sprite so that the graphics can still do other things.

invwindy

Ice Fairy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Updated to 1.6.1
  • Rollbacked to default Audio. The new audio module can be enabled using "OverwriteAudio=1" in Game.ini.
  • Fixed the bug of incorrect spacing when drawing or measuring texts.

I may be not always on this forum and sorry I can't really follow your discussion on this thread. Please send me e-mails at [[cirno(at)live.cn]] when you find any issue.
The audio module is temporarily hidden but I hope it would be fixed to perfect state finally. The testing is a bit hard for me since some bugs cannot be reproduced on my computer. So do not hesitate to tell me any information when you using the new Audio module.
RGD may not support videos very well. I probably won't fix this because implementing a perfect video playing function is even more complicated than the audio, and I personally do not suggest using this event.

Valentine90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Does the def update of the Mouse class no longer exist? If I don't call Mouse.update in the Scene's def update, the mouse functions don't work

About supporting video, this is a function that I don't use much, either. I don't think it will make a big difference for most people and, if it is too much work, this function can be left for later.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm fairly sure someone posted about that error (and a fix) earlier in the thread.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I had a kernel panic crash on my current computer for the first time after trying out the latest update on a videogame. I think I'm going to wait until the next update before trying it again. This brought back memories of my old computer and laptop in their final days.
My mind is now broken. I just spent over an hour on this stupid issue.
Trying to get a skill to show text depending on enemy ID to show passives.
Well. I tried to call one passive 'Spirit's Way'. See a problem? No? Neither did I until now!
The apostrophe in "Spirit's" ended the text eval... no wonder I kept getting unexpected input errors...I think I'm gonna cry.
Anterograde Fantasy now has a demo build available!

You know you've been working on RPGMaker for a while when you go to move your projects to a 16 GB USB drive and get told not enough space to do this operation.
The latest post on TheDazzlingsAreBack...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lisonogi