RGSS RTP Standard not found (How to play on other PCs)

Luca74Hej

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italiano
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi everyone, I would like to share the game I created with others, but it appears that on other computers it gives the error "RGSS RTP Standard not found". I knew you had to install a certain file, but that would be bad enough, even for publication on the internet. Wouldn't there be a file that if inserted makes the game work on other PCs? Or anyway a way to run the game without an installation? Thanks in advance!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that happens if you don't include the RTP in the installer when you prepare for distribution (that is a checkbox on the archive menu). In that case the other player has to download the RTP from this site (top under downloads) and install it before playing.

Luca74Hej

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italiano
Primarily Uses
RMXP
that happens if you don't include the RTP in the installer when you prepare for distribution (that is a checkbox on the archive menu). In that case the other player has to download the RTP from this site (top under downloads) and install it before playing.
Thanks Andar. If there is really no other way, I will have to include the file you say. Could you give me a direct link to download the file to install please?

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
direct link to download the file
this is for your friends only.

If you have RPG Maker XP installed then you have the rtp files installed.
Do you have the steam version or standalone?
The rtp files are in the directory of the installation.
for steam it should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RPGXP\rtp
You need to copy over all the assets you used and put them into your projects folders. audio\bgm to audio\bgm etc..

Luca74Hej

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italiano
Primarily Uses
RMXP

You need to copy over all the assets you used and put them into your projects folders. audio\bgm to audio\bgm etc..
Does the file I downloaded thanks to your link work for all computers or just for a PC?

And another question that has nothing to do with this topic (but I didn't want to open a new post): if I rename the files "Game.exe" and "Game.ini" does the game give an error?

And then if I try to install the file you recommended me from another computer it tells me that I must be registered as an administrator

And then if I try to install the file you recommended me from another computer it tells me that I must be registered as an administrator

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it tells me that I must be registered as an administrator
yes, that is required. only an admin has the rights to install programs that way.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
for all computers or just for a PC
XP, VX and VXAce are for PC only. MV can be used on multiple systems.
if I rename the files "Game.exe" and "Game.ini" does the game give an error
It might. But it shouldn't. I've done just this before sometimes it worked, other times it didn't. I don't remember exactly why because it was a long time ago.

Jaiden

RMXP Fiend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
if I rename the files "Game.exe" and "Game.ini" does the game give an error
As long as you rename both to match, it will not produce an error.

As for the RTP issue, an alternative is to copy all of the Graphics and Audio files from the RTP to your project folder, then change RTP1=Default to RTP1= in the Game.ini. You can then distribute your game without relying on the RTP installer.

Luca74Hej

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italiano
Primarily Uses
RMXP
an alternative is to copy all of the Graphics and Audio files from the RTP to your project folder
Sorry, but I really didn't understand what you mean. What does "copy from the RTP" mean?

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
copy from the RTP
I mentioned it above

Look in the rtp folder and you should understand.

But basically when you make a game, the program is using the graphic and audio files from the installation folder. When you complete your game, you will find that in your game's folder none of those files are there.
So you need to copy them over and then the game will use those files and not the ones in the program directory. But only the files you used, otherwise it will make your game very big.

Also changing the game.ini file as mentioned above is also correct. so that the game is not looking for the installed rtp files but will instead look into your game folder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniloduran