[RGSS2/3]MSX - XP Characters on VX/VXAce

Cartridge

It's all about the guns, man
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Is it me or can you just make a custom XP-chara image file and put it into the graphics/characters map?

What's the use of this script?

amerk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
XP has 4 frames of movement for each direction whereas VX and Ace only has 3. You can import XP graphics into VX and Ace, but you have to eliminate one of the frames to get them to work, which can be tedious if you have a lot of sprites. From what I can tell, this script allows you to import the XP sprites into VX or Ace without having to eliminate one of the frames.

w0lfie

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
Ok, I just got into RPG maker one day ago and I already got tired of this chibi look of Ace so thank you very much for this!

I do however have one problem and question at the same time... How come when I port one of my characters it comes with a background (white for example) that way even in the game itself it carries a white box around him that blocks all the backgrounds and just looks out right stupid... Could someone tell me what I did wrong and how to remove the white background behind the char itself? I could use photoshop every time to remove the background but that would take ages for every single character...

Thank you in advance!

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I do however have one problem and question at the same time... How come when I port one of my characters it comes with a background (white for example) that way even in the game itself it carries a white box around him that blocks all the backgrounds and just looks out right stupid... Could someone tell me what I did wrong and how to remove the white background behind the char itself? I could use photoshop every time to remove the background but that would take ages for every single character...

Thank you in advance!
Use the Resource Manager (F10). ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Koor54

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Um...wheres the script?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't make anything new yet, but I'm back addicted to writing some MZ plugins. Man, I wish I have more free time like I did 5 years ago.
Holy cow... work is demanding and I'm back in college. I'm kind of scared of my dad right now after the incident, but at least I don't live with him all the time. Anyway, working on Fandom Scouts and my FNAF character set. The FNAF sprites are actually going to be used in the game... unfortunately the enemy sprites are FNAF World traces, so no sharing those.
The honeymoon period is over with Cyberpunk 2077, It sadly doesnt live up to the hype, pretty graphics arent everything (especially when I cant even do something as simple as changing the radio station over!). Replaying Breath of the wild has reminded me what a good game really looks like, plus that one has good glitches!....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oo_K_DASH_oo