Milena

The woman of many questions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Irish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I was wondering if some of the functions of RGSS2 was not retained in RGSS3? There are things I was looking for and sadly I can't find them, or were they upgraded for some sort?

For example:

return if state_ignore?(state_id) unless state_offset?(state_id)state_ignore? and state_offset has been removed / missing in RMVX Ace. How can I do a state ignore and state offset in RGSS3, knowing these are not anymore present there? Are there equivalents of this in Ace? Some parts of state_ignore and state_offset is not also present in it, so i was wondering how can I revive this kind of state functions in Ace...

Also, how about the following:

execute_action_skill
Code:
execute_action_item 
and then there's this script:

item.element_set = [] return if user.weapons[0].nil? item.element_set = user.weapons[0].element_set what is the equivalent of the element_set in RGSS3?

what are their equivalents in Ace?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, in Ace, you don't have lists of elements and states against database items. Instead, you have features, where you can add as many as you need.

I'm not really up on that part of the database, so I can't tell you the direct correlations (or if there ARE direct correlations for all of them). But that's where they'll be found if it has them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Person: "Taxes are bs and money is, too! Anarchy!!" *Literally anything goes wrong* Same Person: "Why hasn't the government fixed this???"
Stream will be live shortly with a session of Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
As for the Coronavirus? Well: "People that spend their life avoiding death are already dead (they're also rich, and I like to spend my life with their money.)"
- R. Sanchez, "Edge of Tomorty: Rick, Die, Repeat"
making pierogi and corrupting my game files wbu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SliferZhen