RGSS3 Plane

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by FenixFyreX, Sep 24, 2014.

1. FenixFyreX

FenixFyreX Fire Deity Veteran

First Language:
    English
    RGSS3 Plane v1.3.3
    FenixFyreX
    Introduction
    This is a utility script meant for use with scripts / systems that may break the original Plane class from RGSS3, such as high-resolution scripts / dlls.
    A rewrite of RGSS3's Plane class, it functions pretty much the same as the original, with the added bonus of Sprite's wave capabilities, and a few other things.

Features
    - Rewrite of the original RGSS3 Plane.
    - Allows Hi-resolution projects to use Planes without graphical errors.
    - Gives more functionality to Plane, such as Sprite's effects (wave, bush depth, etc).
    - Optimized with a cache, so the plane bitmap never has to be created a second time in a playthrough.

Screenshots
    Not applicable.

How to Use
    Simply place this script somewhere in the Editor; where doesn't matter, as it should not create any incompatibilities whatsoever. It isn't 100% compatible, but I don't forsee any incompatibilities from what scripts are available. The conventional method is above Main and below default scripts, so I guess following that would work.

Demo
    Not applicable.

Script
    Pastebin Link - RGSS3 Plane

Credit and Thanks
    - FenixFyreX

Author's Notes
    If you find any incompatibilities / bugs, please let me know, and I'll fix them asap. If you wish to use this in a commercial project, please let me know as I'd love to see it in your
    project. This is free for personal and commercial use.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  2. Sophism

Sophism Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi Fenix. First of all, thanks for putting in the time to create this fix. I'm so glad I can finally go beyond 640x480.  :D

Anyway, I have both the hacked .DLL and the Plane Fix script set up in my project, and they both work like a dream, except it seems to not like Woratana's Multiple Fogs script. I can activate any fogs just fine, but when I try to remove them, I get this error:

"Script 'Plane Fix' line 181: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method 'width' for nil:NilClass"

Any idea what I can do to fix this?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014
  3. Sophism

Sophism Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well, I kind of fixed it.

If anyone else is having the same problem, go to Woratana's Multiple Fogs entry in your Script Editor, and on line 188...

$game_map.mulfog_name[id] = ''

...replace it (Or better yet, comment it out by adding a # in front of it, then add a new line underneath.) with this:

$game_map.mulfog_opacity[id] = 0

Now, this isn't really an ideal solution I don't think, since it only makes the bitmap invisible, but at least it gets the job done for now!  :p

4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    I'm using it on GSoD together with the high res DLL. :)

5. FenixFyreX

First Language:
    English
    @Sophism, I'm not sure..I can't replicate it or I'm doing something wrong; honestly, I'm quite busy with a number of projects right now, so could you please send me a working example of the bug, so that I can diagnose it? It would be much appreciated.

@Adiktizmiko - Thanks :) I'll look it up.

Sophism likes this.
  6. Sophism

Sophism Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Sure Fenix!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9wruqo9xajlntx/Foggy%20Dungeon.zip?dl=0

That project only has ACE Core, your Plane Fix and Woratana's Multiple Fogs running. At least on my end, the switch will generate both fog layers without a hitch, but when you flip the switch again to delete them, it crashes with that error message I mentioned earlier.

Hopefully this helps. Thanks for looking into this!

7. FenixFyreX

First Language:
    English
    Sophism, you have an outdated version, 1.3.1. At the pastebin, version 1.3.4 is up. That would be my fault, I forgot to mention it in this topic, I'm sorry. It was released a bit ago too >.< Sorry for the trouble.

For anyone else, version 1.3.4 is at the link in the post above; it also fixes a memory leak in which 9 sufficient map changes will(most likely) break the game. I'll make sure to post from now on when it changes.

EDIT: New version is up, 1.3.5. There was an issue that Wora's fog script led me to, where if plane bitmaps were disposed, they were not recreated. Fixed.

8. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Awesome thing!

I am using it in my project, even thou I don't use many planes in it yet.

I plan to write a battle background change script with planes, so the background can be scrolled and have some effects, so this will most probably come in handy when I get there. :)

The last version fixed an issue with one of my custom scripts crashing as soon as I entered the scene for it, so extra thanks for that! :)

9. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    I'll try the new one, I've been actually having some random crash issues upon map change ever since I used this and the high-res DLL.

10. ??????

?????? Diabolical Codemaster Veteran

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Was just coming to report the issue with the disposed planes not reappearing correctly, seems you solved it already :p

11. skottie

skottie Villager Member

The problem I'm running into, and I can't tell if it is this fix, the viewport  fix, or hte DLL, but I can't enter fullscreen at all. Any wonder why?

12. FenixFyreX

First Language:
    English
    This script does not tamper with Input at all, so it must be one of the others...I highly doubt it, but does the issue go away upon removing this script?

It sounds like you may be using my Input script, but you didn't list off or mention it...

13. skottie

skottie Villager Member

This isn't related to input. I could change it to default to Full Screen, or press Alt+Enter, and the screen never goes full screen, just stays windowed at the high resolution 1024 x 608. 1024 x 768 also did not work. Are there certain resolutions that need to be had to go fullscreen for certain computers?

In any case, after some debugging it seems that removing the hacked DLL and replacing it with the old one (and leaving all the other scripts in place - even though they don't work) I am able to go into fullscreen. Somehow, it seems to be related to the DLL. Has anyone else had trouble entering full screen?

I have not modified much beyond the scripts I've listed. I've made custom modifications to the battle engine but this shouldn't impact the ability to go into full screen.

14. FenixFyreX

First Language:
    English
    Perhaps you should head over to this topic to find some answers for the new dll; alternatively, you can start a new topic about it in RGSSx SCript Support, I suppose...perhaps a moderator could better help you with that aspect.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2014
  15. Mihel

Mihel Veteran Veteran

Does not work with Yanfly's Enemy HP Bars. The enemy HP bars won't show with this rewritten Plane class.

16. FenixFyreX

First Language:
    English
    Are you sure it's a compatibility issue with this script, or with the High Resolution dll that has been legally released? It seems after doing some research around the forums / google, people are having issues with Yanfly's Enemy HP Bars and said dll.

Some questions to ask before I start actually testing my script:

1) Did you place this script above all other custom scripts, including YEA?

2) Are you using any other scripts that modify how the Plane class draws?

3) Are you using the high resolution dll for Ace that has been released?

I'll give the script a try with Yanfly's system on a non-hi-res dll version of Ace, but I don't see how or why this would cause the bars to not show up; it doesn't directly change or modify anything that has to do with Yanfly's system. Unless in his core script, there is something I'm missing.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014
  17. Mihel

Mihel Veteran Veteran

You're right, though I'm not using the new DLL, the Unlimited Resolution script does something with the Plane (you wrote the part of the script apparently) and it will mess with the HP bars if place above RGSS3 Plane.

So not really a compatibility issue after all but just a matter of incorrect script placement?

FenixFyreX likes this.
  18. FenixFyreX

First Language:
    English
    If you are using that script, then the Plane class it holds (my code) needs to be removed. Add "=begin" (without the quotes) AFTER this line:

Code:
    end # Spriteset_Map
    and then add "=end" (without quotes) BEFORE this line:
    Code:
    # â–  Scene_Map
    Or just delete that section (class Plane.....end); that will comment the old Plane rewrite, and you can use my new rewrite in conjunction (most likely doesn't matter in what order).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014
  19. Mihel

Mihel Veteran Veteran

Unfortunately commenting out the Plane class in the Unlimited Resolution script makes the HP bars disappear again.

On a side note, I am reluctant to switch over to the new DLL because it seems some people are having issues with the timer, jitter and FPS drops, while UR never gave me any problems.

20. bloodyliao

bloodyliao Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    I hace the same problem, with a high resolution dll, and your script  as well as Yanfly's Enemy HP Bars, the bar disappear in battle. Any idea to fix that?