Rhino's Random Resources [Updated: 1/8]

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Rhino, May 19, 2017.

1. The Working Man

The Working Man Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The opening cupboard gives me a great, idea. Nice work!

Rhino likes this.
  2. MMMm

MMMm Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks for what you've made. I've used the hair ribbons and the multi colored eyes to great effect. They can make loads of cute characters. I use the SF actor's hair for grandmothers.

Do you have any interest in making generator parts for People 2? The nun, priest and maid outfits would be wonderful. There might be other versions of them out there, but none with battlers.

Another request that you've already done half of: the cowboy hat's shadows without the cowboy hat! Those eye shadows and shaded face as a facial mark would let you create loads of non descript or shadowy villains.

3. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @MMMm Glad you like them! I'm away at the minute, but I'll look into your requests when I get back :D

MMMm likes this.
  4. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @MMMm Got an update for you! I've made the shadow facial markings, and a full battler for the priest+ his clothes as a gen piece!

Battlers are really hard to make :kaocry:I might yet make the nun and maid, but for now I really want to focus on this cool community event we have going :kaojoy:

MMMm likes this.
  5. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can't believe I missed all this, awesome stuff! The large statue and the jetpack sprite are my favourites, you have such a good variety of useful resources here.

Susan and Rhino like this.
  6. MMMm

MMMm Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank you. THANK you. I was using so many workarounds and stacking a variety of facial marks to get this simple effect. It's so wonderful to have this. :kaojoy:

Good luck with the community event. What lesson will your character be teaching?

When you're working on generator pieces again, could you do some where you split outfits apart?

For example, taking the female underwear and splitting it so it's separately selectable as the top or bottom.

And cutting apart an outfit so you can just select a pair of shoes or gloves.

With the Extended generator you'd be able to add the shoes to outfits that don't have them and put a bra on outfits that are bare chested. Having a bunch of clothing parts that you assemble into outfits would make possibly hundreds of combinations.

7. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @MMMm I'm hoping to remake the tutorial in my signature for the Select Item command, but I'm also going to open a workshop to help people with their npcs so I think I might be busy with that for a while :rswt

Sure, splitting parts shouldn't be too hard. I'm not very familiar with the Extended Generator, so I don't know how to make .rxge's but hopefully I can figure it out :guffaw:

8. MMMm

MMMm Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Oh, you don't even have to do anything special. The way you pack your parts currently works just fine, anyone can import them into the generator. A .rxge just makes it one click.

Good luck with your tutorial! And thanks again for doing this.

Rhino likes this.
  9. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @MMMm The split pieces are up :kaoluv:

MMMm likes this.
  10. MMMm

MMMm Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Wonderful! These are fantastic. Thank you so much for this! :kaojoy:

Rhino likes this.
  11. styx92

styx92 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Thanks for the external generator support! Really nice!

Rhino likes this.
  12. RishigangiX

RishigangiX Professional Procrastinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The statue looks awesome! Will let you know if I find an excuse to use it in my game. ^^

Rhino likes this.
  13. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Back to making resources again! This time it's some new generator pieces and People 2_3 SV Battler. As usual updates are all listed in the first post. Enjoy! :kaoluv:

IceKun and MMMm like this.
  14. MMMm

MMMm Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Can we get a slight fix for the split generator pieces? They're set as accessory A, so they obscure hair on the sprites by being above it. Wearing a jacket and having long hair cuts off the hair.

Would probably be fine being set as accessory B.

And it makes me immensely happy to have that nun outfit. Super cool! You did such a good job, too! Thank you.

Rhino likes this.
  15. Avery

Avery Sleeping Dinosaur Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The nun is awesome!

MMMm and Rhino like this.
  16. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @MMMm Accessory 1/A appears below the front hair but in front of rear, and Accessory 2/B appears above both, so neither are going to work with long rear hairs :kaocry: Schlangan's Extended Generator should let you rearrange the layers to make it work, or the alternative might just be to use something like GIMP and layer things manually.

I've had the nun half done for a few weeks now, so glad it's finally up!! I tried to make the headpiece a generator piece too but the layers don't really work. Glad you like it anyway! (And I'm honoured to have met Avery's approval too!)

MMMm likes this.
  17. Captain_Joshua

Captain_Joshua Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I really don´t want to be rude, but could somebody make an updated rxge file with all the new creator parts? I´ve been trying to get the ones that aren´t in the old rxge file posted in this thread to work in the generator but to no avail.

18. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Captain_Joshua I've added some new download links in the main post :kaoluv: I'm not too familiar with Schlangan's Extended Generator but I think they're working. Let me know if you spot any issues!

MMMm likes this.
  19. Captain_Joshua

Captain_Joshua Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It does indeed work, thank you very much for updating that. I´m sure they´ll be very useful, thanks a lot. Thought I´ve noticed that the male priests second outfit isn´t quite working. The black part of it isn´t showing up in the portrait. It does show up in the battler and the walking sprite. Some of the accesory A for men also has some light clipping issues with the face in the portrait, but otherwise everything seems to work perfectly. Many thanks!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  20. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Captain_Joshua Thanks, I've updated those now!

After having a play around I realised that Schlangan's Extended Generator lets you have more than one that one piece for each layer, so I've moved the Split Parts from Accessory A to Clothing. @MMMm If you're still in need of those I'd recommend grabbing the update to make life easier as you no longer have to re-arrange the layers for long hair e.t.c. ^^

MMMm likes this.